PDA

View Full Version : I am completely SCREWED!!

Lost_DriFter
08-30-2006, 10:20 PM
yup thats right i got 4 tickets in garwood, nj

1.careless driving
2.center brake light out
3.failure to change addy at dmv
4.driving on a suspended license

story is i was driving on Center st. going through the light crossing South ave. i wasnt looking at my speed so i dont know if he was telling the truth though i saw the cop on my left sitting in an allyway type thing on South ave. facing traffic (not me) so i think he made up the speed...anyways he pulls me over tellin my i was going 37 in a 25 (i didnt know the speed limit nor how fast i was going) and my center brake light was out...after he checks my **** he asks me to step out of the car....and asks if any of my friends smoke, i said no, then tells me my license is suspended, i told him i wasnt aware of this i never recived a notice so i was shocked my self (due to failure to pay surcharges) then he asks if he searches my car he wont find anything illegal i said no so he searches doesnt find anything, he said he searched it because he smelt a strange oder...(b/s) soo like a dumb ass i made the mistake of telling him my current address cause my license shows my old one... i had to have been sitting out side my car for about 20-25 min surprisingly he didnt mention anything about how loud my car is theres an exhaust leak at the flex pipe (this is in my accord by the way) soo he gave me those 4 tickets....

i was hoping someone on here knew a cop in garwood...to somehow help me out in the situation evan if 2 of the tickets are taken away ill be happy.. but other then that im absolutly screwed....second offense driving on a suspended license first time i wasnt aware of it either....

soo i was afraid to drive my car home and kevin (nismo240luver) was near by and was able to pick me up, so my car is still there tomorrow im goin to try and get intouch with the surcharge place n see what i can doo also have to figure out how to get my car back home....if anyone can help out at all it would be Geatly Appreciated...

i really dont know what to do anymore.....

ALTRNTV
08-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Careless driving? Is that another term for speeding they use over there?

Good luck buddy.

Ricks15
08-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Now you gotta start driving like a grandapa slow slow slow and safe:D

theswift.cc
08-30-2006, 10:44 PM
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt......I remember NJ police being fucking dickheads about alot of minor shit.

I'd go to the Superior Court in your area, and try to contest at least part of the violations.

GL Man

gotta240
08-30-2006, 10:50 PM
GO GET A FUCKING LAWYER. It shouln't cost too much. I'm GUESSING 500, but you will EASILY save that amount in court fees, points on record, loss of licence, or insurance increase imo.

I'm just guessing, but i think a decent lawer will get you completly out of 2 and 3, and will have 1 and 4 reduced to something more doable.

Dousan_PG
08-30-2006, 10:52 PM
def get a lawyer
shell out for a good one
because they are good for a reason
with a lawyer you will MUCH better off.

JaeTea
08-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Get a lawyer because driving on a suspended license is a serious offense in NJ.

zenki_240sx
08-31-2006, 09:46 AM
hey i got 2 tickets down there in jersey and one warning too. luckily im from new york. no points. i just payed the fine.

1.careless driving
2.overspeeding (he said he pace me at 98 mhp which was bullshit)
3.unsafe lane changing (warning ticket)

theicecreamdan
08-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Careless driving? Is that another term for speeding they use over there?

Good luck buddy.

They use that one in Idaho too. There its basically "we can give you a ticket for looking funny while driving"

sometimes it comes in handy though, i had a buddy get stopped for drifting and doing donuts. only got the careless driving ticket.

KFLS14
08-31-2006, 11:11 AM
Get a lawyer because driving on a suspended license is a serious offense in NJ.
It's actually not, they actually let him keep the car lol. Your license is suspensed so here's a ticket keep on driving? No Insurance is
MAJOR= BIG fines, jail time even.

-Get a lawyer if you can afford one, going to cost but worth it. Since you said you moved maybe the letter didn't get to you. DMV mails to address on file since you didn't change it, you lose. Hopefully a good lawyer can get you out of it to lesser charges. Garwood is a pretty quiet town overall, I heard your car at a meet recently It was uber loud.( Some guys thought you were running open header) I have a 4th gen header/flex I think for sale if I still have it.

Lost_DriFter
08-31-2006, 11:33 AM
yea my car is rediculasly loud rip at the flex pipe....but the old addy is my grams house so i should still recive mail their regardless if i moved but hey if u do have one let me know i was considering getting a dp for it jus to shit it up cause its soo annoying.....but the way the cop was facing he really couldnt clock me so i think its bs but he still got me either way and no i know my license is suspended jus payed the surcharge need to get cash for the restoration fee.......sucks i dunno i need to get some bank to get a lawyer sux noone in my fam is one

funny thing is he didnt mention anything about my exhaust haha....and im pretty sure i was costing through the light either that or i was at low rpms