PDA

View Full Version : beware: tennis elbow! D=

sw20>>s14
08-30-2006, 04:09 PM
in tradition of always hurting myself in one way or another while working on cars, i got myself a case of tennis elbows last night after doing my extended studs...studs went smooth without problems in a jiffy...but afterwards, jeez...the worse pain ive ever felt internally...from my elbow to my wrist, all throughout my forearm...felt like massive tension, blood clotting, tingliness, numbness, itchiness, cold, bone-grinding, throbbing pain; all together for about 6-7 hours...

i finished the studs and took a shower...and my arm started feeling a little sore...i figured that it should be a little sore from banging the studs out and lifting wheels here and there countless times...from there on, the symptoms literally got worse as every 3-5 minutes passed...i thought, gsus, i cant be that sore can i? from the time i took my shower until i started to get worried was a mere 30 minutes...at this point, i started thinking that something was terribly wrong...so i decided to sleep early, but it kept exponentially getting worse...

by another 15-20 minutes...i was in anguish...ive never felt such pain in both my arms...i couldnt sleep until 6 or 7 this morning staying up from the pain...i tried to comfort them by laying my arms in every position possible, but to no avail...i stood up, walked around, etc...so i looked it up on google at like 5 only to find out that it was "tennis elbow" on both my arms:

http://www.webmd.com/hw/arthritis/hw225392.asp

when i finally diagnosed the problem and realized i couldnt do much to comfort it, i decided to get hopped up on advils, knocked out, and missed my first three classes today :duh: ...so just to warn some of you, hold the hammer/mallet/plastic hammer/tennis racket properly! it is no fun at all!

zilvia healthy tip of the day brought to you in part by: sw20

WilloW
08-30-2006, 04:23 PM
I've just had a mild case of this. At first I didn't know what the hell was wrong with me, but luckily I was in a Anatomy and Physiology class and was able to traced it back to Tennis Elbow. Get yourself one of those "tennis elbow" brace from Walgreen (or any drug store), so it could start healing (that shit make it feels a bit better). Try not to do much with that arm that you're having trouble with, and wait for it to heal. After it heal do rehab exercises that strengthen it and prevent future injuries. Good luck.

Edit: I just reread your post, I'm sure you know all this already.

A Spec Products
08-30-2006, 05:49 PM
"doing my extended studs"

"banging the studs out"

"hold the hammer/mallet/plastic hammer/tennis racket properly"

AKA

cut down on the masturbation buddy

projekt_s13
08-30-2006, 08:12 PM
"doing my extended studs"

"banging the studs out"

"hold the hammer/mallet/plastic hammer/tennis racket properly"

AKA

cut down on the masturbation buddy

hahaha nice one logan

Ghettokracker71
08-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Damn thats no good.

I wonder wtf is up with my wrist lately...hope its not carpel tunnel :eek:

gotta240
08-30-2006, 10:53 PM
unless your an MD, you really shouldn't self diagnose.

Yeah this is just an arm, but i dont know if you should call it "tennis elbow". My dad had tennis elbow and it was a long term problem that was caused by years of use/abuse.

HyperTek
08-31-2006, 12:04 AM
hmm good info thanks.. i was just pounding out/smashing floor tiles to get rid of them this past weekend, luckily all i got was blisters and sore muscles in my hands from the constant hammering/shoveling pounding etc..

theicecreamdan
08-31-2006, 10:24 AM
I just got done extending my stud, and then beating it out.

no elbow troubles. but I feel great