PDA

View Full Version : suggestions on 3" catback exhaust system for a 240SX fast back with SR?

nissantfsx
08-30-2006, 12:10 AM
I am looking for a catback exhaust system thats 3 inch, stainless steel all the way, and NOT irritatingly loud unless u really floor it...
its for a SR 240sx...
i am getting tired of my loud exhaust :duh:

please lemme know the brand and price range...

thnx alot!!

Yellow4g63
08-30-2006, 05:51 AM
Greedy Power Extream 2 mang. I had it on my S13 with the RB20 in it and it was very quiet. I think I paid $460 for it but I can't rem it was last year when I got it. I have a S14 now and I'm thinking about getting the same one or a Apexi GTspec. I have some sound clips but it's kinda hard to hear the car.

Evil240
08-30-2006, 08:25 AM
I am looking for a catback exhaust system thats 3 inch, stainless steel all the way, and NOT irritatingly loud unless u really floor it...
its for a SR 240sx...
i am getting tired of my loud exhaust :duh:

please lemme know the brand and price range...

thnx alot!!

im usuing the blitz nurspec cat back ... 3 inch down pipe with stock cat... its not bad... i run without the silencer... but with it.. its a bit more quiet... just a bit tho.. hahahaha.. price range is between $450-$550

nissantfsx
08-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Greedy Power Extream 2 mang. I had it on my S13 with the RB20 in it and it was very quiet. I think I paid $460 for it but I can't rem it was last year when I got it. I have a S14 now and I'm thinking about getting the same one or a Apexi GTspec. I have some sound clips but it's kinda hard to hear the car.

can u send me some of ur sound clips?

sw20>>s14
08-30-2006, 05:12 PM
I have a S14 now and I'm thinking about getting the same one or a Apexi GTspec.
youre considering both? those two are on the opposite side of the spectrum when it comes to noise level...

go with the greddy, PEs sound good...

HKsilvia
08-31-2006, 03:22 PM
get a Apexi GT-spec, the biggest piping in the market and its not loud but very deep non ricey tone, it even sounds like stock with silencer. just make sure u put on a silencer when entering puplic parking lot coz it rawr indoor.

nissantfsx
08-31-2006, 11:58 PM
Thnx for the suggestions yall!!

What are you guys' opinions on RSR ExMag and Blitz RealizeTT?
I heard they are one of the most quiet exhausts...

articdragon192
09-01-2006, 12:32 AM
RSR Exmag is super quiet on an SR. I put mine on my friend's redtop powered S13 and it was really quiet. You can tell the difference from stock and sounds really smooth. I loved it.

bcrume
09-01-2006, 01:53 PM
I have a gp sports spec d, it's hella cheap and sounds really good. It's really loud with the silencer out but when the silencer is in you can't hear the exhaust at all just the motor.

EchoOfSilence
09-01-2006, 02:02 PM
exmag, realize TT, that new apexi stock-looking one

kensreliableb18b
09-01-2006, 02:12 PM
exmag, realize TT, that new apexi stock-looking one

those arent stainless steel all the way as he wants

eh, just go gtspec - more than 3"

Irukandji
09-01-2006, 02:18 PM
5Zigen Aspec SUPER quiet on SR. Below 95db on KA.

RSR EX Mag

nissantfsx
09-02-2006, 12:46 AM
RSR Exmag is super quiet on an SR. I put mine on my friend's redtop powered S13 and it was really quiet. You can tell the difference from stock and sounds really smooth. I loved it.

can you get me a pic of ur friend's 240 with RSR exmag? i just want to know how it looks on a 240...thank you. if you guys have some sound clip of it...that would be GREAT! :D

THANKS!

!Zar!
09-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Dart Izumi. Looks and sound.

articdragon192
09-02-2006, 08:57 PM
can you get me a pic of ur friend's 240 with RSR exmag? i just want to know how it looks on a 240...thank you. if you guys have some sound clip of it...that would be GREAT! :D

THANKS!

Just to clarify... it's my exhuast on my car. Here are pics as requested. No videos of the exhuast on my friend's car though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/ArticDragon192/My%20Car/rsr1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/ArticDragon192/My%20Car/rsr2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/ArticDragon192/My%20Car/rsr3.jpg

nissantfsx
09-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Thnx for posting ur pix...nice exhaust...

SwiftS14
09-03-2006, 02:26 AM
Dart Izumi. Looks and sound.

i think he wants something quite hahah.

i had a RSR exmag on my RX-7, header, pre-silencer, y-pipe and dual exmags, it was still pretty loud but really really deep, sounds good when it pops fireballs with tire squeech, its hard to explain but it had too much of a resonated sound, too much droning, but thats a RX-7. probably be better with 240sx. now i went the opposite way, Buddy Club Spec II :bite:

articdragon192
09-03-2006, 09:56 PM
The Exmag doesn't drone at all in my car or my friend's SR powered S13. I highly recommend it.

lexusisforlovers
09-14-2006, 12:22 AM
I have ex-mag with headers and turbo inlet pipe. still waiting on 3inch downpipe and testpipe though. It sounds amazing and isnt quiet at all after 3000 rpms. Anytime before that i dont think cops would take a second look. I would highly reccomend it for street driving though.

TheSquidd
09-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Omg I can see why I passed on the Ex-Mag. JUST GET STOCK, holy hell the rusted out muffler that came with my car looked better than that.

For men:
Dart Izumi
Buddy Club Spec II
A straight 3" pipe, all the way back, to 2 5" outlets, tucked next to your bumper so it catches on fire from the backfire you shoot from not having a cat, and then you get laid because your exhaust is so fucking manly. Also, add a screamer pipe coming out the side of the car, so you sound like a 747 on full throttle when your wastegate opens, old ladies faces melt and Dio himself will appear from the sky and shoot a lightning bolt of Malmsteiness into your face, out of his guitar, and your speakers will play nothing but power metal guitar solos for the rest of your life.

For boys / men who don't like the above choices:
Aspec Titanium mufflers
Brand name fart cans
N1 Duals (look yucky)

For those afraid of the po-po:
Just get a stock looking muffler and put some nice pipe behind it, quiet, sleeper, performance. Much less expensive than a Ex-Mag which looks like goat balls, the slight performance increase you MIGHT get using the Ex-Mag does not outweigh that look. Why in God's name did they make that single tip?

No offense to Ex-Mag owners , you just have bad taste :D

<3 Squidd.

lexusisforlovers
09-14-2006, 02:20 AM
old ladies faces melt and Dio himself will appear from the sky and shoot a lightning bolt of Malmsteiness into your face, out of his guitar, and your speakers will play nothing but power metal guitar solos for the rest of your life.
You just explained why you dont like the ex mag. You are a really weird guy. Get an SR and see how badly you wanna run an exhaust that sounds like a 747.

lexusisforlovers
09-14-2006, 02:25 AM
edit. i believe you have an sr. i guess you like taking the chance of getting a reff ticket. thats your own thing though have fun.

TheSquidd
09-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Edit. I already have a ref ticket, and I GIGGLE with joy as the day fast approaches when I walk into that courtroom and am handed my punishment for my heinous crime. I shal make my exhaust louder, and more visually insane as a result. I shat on bending to over-enforced, double standard laws.

And I did explain why I don't like the Ex-Mag, you're spending 500$ for something you could make at a local muffler shop for like 100$. It looks like roasted cat shit, and the whole purpose of buying a performance exhaust (especially one in that price range) is to look, and sound great. It's definitely lacking in at least ONE of those departments. (I have not witnessed one in person.) I just could not stand putting something like that on my vehicle. If you want to avoid police attention don't get exhaust, period. It's not that hard, you only stand to gain like 3 horsepower for your trouble, is it worth it?

But, what makes this country great is freedom of choice, so buy an Ex-Mag! You could also buy an SR20det and then take the turbo off to avoid police as well. Or buy a racing bucket, and then cover it in factory fabric so as to not attract attention, or buy HID's , but replace the HID bulbs with Halogens! If you're afraid to modify your car, then don't, because if you're going to half ass it, it's going to look half assed.

I have an SR, thus my reference to a screamer pipe. It vents the internal wastegate of the turbine out of the car, seperate from the exhaust track. It makes your car insanely loud at full boost. And I want to have babies with it.

Have fun? I'm having a BLAST! :rawk:

I had a shiat load of caffinee today, I apoligize.

articdragon192
09-14-2006, 01:10 PM
I need new exhuast hanger bushings ;_;

lexusisforlovers
09-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Dont worry i didnt buy it for my car. The previous owner did and i was planning on taking it off but as akward as it may look i love the sound of it so much more than say hks. If i could get an N1 style exhaust that sounded as deep as the rsr i'd go for it. And for some reason it seems that the ex-mag blends in a lot better on the coupe. I will try to post pictures.

lilaznjeff
09-15-2006, 12:49 AM
the best exhaust i have is a buddy club spec2 if you dont want loud go with the RSR
pretty damn mellow

bleachcola
09-15-2006, 12:55 AM
i would suggest a ebay catback and throwing on a hi flo cat.

lilaznjeff
09-15-2006, 01:06 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/lilaznjeff/noplates.jpg

ya i know its crazy. i drive it daily
LOL

fliprayzin240sx
09-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Fuck getting exhaust in cali!!! Leave your stock on, get a 3" DP and a test pipe. Slap a cutout on the test pipe so you can open the bitch when you need it to open up. Exmag may look like a stock exhaust...but duhy!!! Thats the fucking point!!! Look stock and quiet, gives you a better chance with cops wont pull you over. Well not unless you drive like a dumbass then your on your own.

Or you can get a GT-SPEC, just dont cry to us when the cops pull you over cuz of the bling bling exhaust and gives you a free date with the referee.

BayS13
09-15-2006, 02:48 AM
ive been told to go to the reff twice. i just wait it out and they tell you to go to court. tell them you sold the car and then you jus pay for the violation!! its great :) maybe im lucky.

but anyways. apexi gt spec sounds awesome

S.ONE.THREE
09-15-2006, 05:42 PM
trust DD.... if you can get your hands on one.

lilaznjeff
09-16-2006, 04:09 AM
sell it get at buddy CLUB SPEC 2
LIKE ME