PDA

View Full Version : Subaru to pull a Jackson and undergo another nose job

exitspeed
08-28-2006, 09:21 AM
This should make a lot of people happy...

Subaru's "propeller grill" has been received by both the media and the public with, to put it lightly, mixed feelings. Well, the automaker's parent company, Fuji Heavy Industries, has decided to put the kibosh on it and ordered a redesign.

According to spokesman David Rowley of Subaru, the grill will not be applied to the upcoming Liberty and Outback, which will debut in Australia in September. The upcoming Impreza, due out in 2007, will also be sporting a new proboscis. States Rowley, "It's fair to say the design will not appear on future Subarus. We had always said the aerospace theme could be applied in a variety of ways, like the way it's been presented on the Impreza and Tribeca."

Rowley would not state what the new design will be for future Subies. However, it will be based on work from (now ex-) Subaru chief designer Andreas Zapatinas. Zapatinas, as you may remember, had previously designed cars for both Alfa Romeo and Fiat.

[Source: CARSguide]

D1champ
08-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Smart Move, that was the fugliest front grill I've ever seen. They had it right in 2004 and then went to take a piss.

Tenchuu
08-28-2006, 04:05 PM
yeah i was considering a WRX, but was going to buy an older one jsut because i hate that new grill. i have heard other people haveing the same opinion the "will not buy it looking like that" opinion.

s13poop
08-28-2006, 05:04 PM
im glad they reconsidered the grill

i mean it took time to grow on my but it had nothing on the 04-05 model the thing i think they should focus on is the tail lights of the car since the 06 has this crystal euro light deal

im really not feeling it

but either way i think im gonna purchase a 04-05 when im done with my coupe :)