PDA

View Full Version : -:- Fenders before i paint... what you think guys?

widegts
08-22-2006, 01:03 AM
I cut up the AIT fenders, i want to get some kind of feed back before i paint it...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/michaelquinnapelagio/project-240/1989%20Nissan%20240%20Coupe%20SE/DSCF0379.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/michaelquinnapelagio/project-240/1989%20Nissan%20240%20Coupe%20SE/DSCF0378.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/michaelquinnapelagio/project-240/1989%20Nissan%20240%20Coupe%20SE/DSCF0376.jpg

Here is a picture of the sides i made, dont mind the fenders because they dont look like that anymore, they look like the above pics now..
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/michaelquinnapelagio/project-240/1989%20Nissan%20240%20Coupe%20SE/821610545_l.jpg

HEHE and here is a picture of my motor when i blew up my turbo inlet/outlet gaskets...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/michaelquinnapelagio/project-240/1989%20Nissan%20240%20Coupe%20SE/DSCF0083.jpg

HOME MADE BABY!!! -=oD

quasimoto
08-22-2006, 01:16 AM
doesn't look bad imo. wonder how it'll turn out when painted, hehe. :D
&it looks like you have a thing for widebodies, haha.
(correct me if i'm wrong but, other car a celica?) :mepoke:

and those are some huge wheels.. 19s? :eek3d:

Ricks15
08-22-2006, 01:20 AM
Nice :D project, They seem to look good but double check and feel for any bumps and sand it down to perfection, You're going to shoot primer still so if any inperfections or un even surfaces show up you can still sand. Keep up the good work, what color you going to paint you're car?

drift freaq
08-22-2006, 01:28 AM
not feeling it. though to be honest I am not a super big fan of superwide body setups and I don't like a lot of the over fenders out there. Thats just me though so do what you want to do. In the end your the one that needs to be happy with what your doing not us. We can tell you it looks like shit in our opinion but to you it might be the Kings ransom. Anyways good luck on your build.

P.S. from the looks of it you have a stock radiator in front of that RB25. You need to install at least a S14 radiator if not a aftermarket one like a Griffin or Fluidyne and what ever you do don't get a Koyo. Trust me I know.

quasimoto
08-22-2006, 01:39 AM
this is offtopic, but i noticed the 'idesign' sticker on your car &you're also from west covina.
i've been looking around the area for a good paint shop and was wondering if you worked there by any chance, :D .
if so, i'll just pm or call your shop sometime for further details. :bigok:

widegts
08-22-2006, 01:50 AM
hehe, brb going to reply on the post after this movie... im watchn a chick flick -=o/ hehehe

Dousan_PG
08-22-2006, 01:53 AM
um....imo
it looks terrible. really bad
like the car its parked next to bad.

A+ for effort
F for results.

widegts
08-22-2006, 01:57 AM
Rick - it will be pearl white for now, i ran out of money! ahaha BTW thanks for the pointers!! im always open to suggestions... YES YOU ARE RIGHT, freakn sand sand sand, block sand, primer, etc, so no waves

quasi - just pm me bro with what you want done, we'll work something out. All this is done at my house, just pm me and we'll talk.

drift freaq - you are so right! in the end, it doesnt matter what everyone really thinks, as long as your happy w/ what you have. I put my vehicle here to get flamed, and so on... why? because i want to see what people think. In the end, im still going to keep it how i like it, ahaha..

widegts
08-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Dousan - ya, the celica was beautiful til the owner cracked every part, didnt buy the right rims, and so forth. I'll repost pictures of this car once its done this week...

then i wanna see what people think... but thanks dousan for being blunt -=o)

FRpilot
08-22-2006, 02:00 AM
oooo harsh words. but at least you're trying

Dousan_PG
08-22-2006, 02:01 AM
i just hate people who bs shit
might as well let u know, at least my thoughts
but then again no one likes what i like for the most part so whatever
but your work looks pretty good
def dont let me hold u back hahaha

widegts
08-22-2006, 02:03 AM
FRPilot - yes harsh, yet speaks his/her mind -=o). Ya i try, the side skirts was the normal sides everyone pretty much gets, plus LEXUS IS300 CWEST ahaahha. I cant find a decent price for a s14, so im stuck w/ my s13...

So i decide to cut it up, and do what i can to make it look a bit, DIFFERENT hehehehe

thanks again guys for the comments...

widegts
08-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Dousan - I respect that greatly. Trust me, I will not let you hold me back!

Ok guys, gnight, ill check on this tomorrow morning... -=o)

TipStylez
08-22-2006, 03:02 AM
Being a Subaru head...that shit looks like a 22B from the top.

Too agressive for my taste, but atleast your not adding crazy vents and shit.

So go for it, would turn out pimp.

-Q

sw20>>s14
08-22-2006, 03:40 AM
not really feeling the whole package, but im diggin the rear quarter panel shots from the front...rear section looks like an R32...

S13SilviaGirl
08-22-2006, 05:16 AM
I am not feeling the sharp edges of the fenders, and def. not feeling the sideskirts....looks wrong.

molded body kits like on the celic are just begging to be cracked.

Jefferson
08-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah I also don't like the sharp ass fenders or the way they meet up with the front bumper, IMO I think you went too wide on all of the fenders but thats just my style preference.
Although you deserve credit for trying and making it happen

widegts
08-23-2006, 02:50 AM
alright, for the ones who dont like...

"what do you think, i should of done? or change?''

... u know i appreciate people not liking, but if they had a choice, what would they have done?

HyperTek
08-23-2006, 03:32 AM
you got the wheels right, unlike taht celica lmao

SiI40sx
08-23-2006, 04:08 AM
i think it would look better painted

TipStylez
08-23-2006, 04:11 AM
If you paint it, please dont paint it some shiney ass color.

Do a stain black, or s stain midnight blue. Wide bodys with glossy ass paint is just rice and takes away the agressivenes.

S13SilviaGirl
08-23-2006, 04:43 AM
widegts~
I think you did a good job on the back, but, personally I just don't like the front fenders (they are too sharp for the body lines of the car, and they don't match up to the fenders). It looks a little too wide for me and dosn't seem to compliment the car. Take doriftosluts car for example, his car flows really nice.
The side skirts, I understand why you did what you did. I just thinks it looks a little 'forced' to have them on the car with a rear widebody like that.

I think if it wasn't so extreem it would look a little better, but it IS still in work and I agree it will probably look a lot better when finished and painted. I must admit I don't have the ability to look at that a forsee what the finished product will be like, so this is purely my speculation.

But, I have to disagree with tipstyles on the black, unless that body work is flawless, it will show up tons of dents and ripples.

widegts
08-23-2006, 10:38 AM
you guys are all right, i personally dont like the front fenders ahaha, just the fact that... been doin this car for 2years just sittin in my house... now that its almost done im to lazy to actually change it -=o(

i just want a ONE COLOR car damnit! hahaa. Ya i might do something w/ the fenders sharpness, just because thats one thing that bugd me too.

d*star180
08-23-2006, 02:57 PM
I want to see it finished....The wheels are off the chain!
But the fenders look too Hot Import Nights...what if you fuck them up?

TheSquidd
08-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Not a fan of the wheels, black with polished lip always looks TACKY to me.

And serious, is that Celica about to run a Dualie setup?

Team Rootbeer
08-23-2006, 07:38 PM
doesnt look bad, but in my opinion custom body work belongs on truly "custom" cars.....like street rods, minitrucks, and shit like that. but, i can appreciate your work, i do the same shit everyday!

Drift Motion
08-23-2006, 11:39 PM
that widebody celica and the rim look pretty bad...

but after u paint the car, it should be all good

widegts
08-24-2006, 02:18 AM
ya i thought black w/ polish lip was played out... but well most will probably look at it as just black w/ polish lip, but look closer if you see the car in person....

what is a truly custom cars? to me custom means modifying, adjusting, remaking, or fully custom making something. No matter if its a car, truck, bike, and so forth. BUT i do understand what you mean when society made certain cars categorized...

ya the setup of this car wont be just what you see, hopefully it goes to plan...

anyways, thanks for the thumbs up, and downs, flame me hehehe... i dont mind, i rather have people flame me and make fun of me, before i paint it...

cause once its painted im assed ...haha i dont want to repaint and redo then..

BOROSUN
08-24-2006, 03:00 AM
reminds me of garagemak. shouldnt have filled it in though;p

http://www.geocities.jp/garagemak/PICT1701.jpg
http://www.geocities.jp/garagemak/PICT1715.jpg
mmm...avs

widegts
08-24-2006, 03:10 AM
o man... trust me, i will make sure i try to make the side skirts fill the big ass 19x11 rims i have -=o)

cross your fingers guys, painting the car this week if all goes well !!!! and ill post pics for flaming -=o)

widegts
09-02-2006, 02:19 AM
teaser ...

http://www.importimage.biz/pictures/dscf0371.jpg

that was first coat, then had to sand a couple of spots u saw because of a freakn bug in my garage! ahaha

anyways there it is...

NO CLEARCOAT YET though....

ranger2339
09-02-2006, 04:06 AM
Looks good bro.. you got any better pics??? Maybe smaller??

Specs on fenders??

Ax

widegts
09-04-2006, 07:04 AM
thanks, im trying to be different, yet not go over board

better pics? not yet, i purposely made it a bit blurry because the car isnt wet sanded and buffed yet

smaller? i can, but i like to give big pictures, so people can see it completely...

Ya now im going to make a customer side skirt .. -=o)

========

specs on the fenders? well i havent measured but this is what i know

my rims are 19x11 in the rear, w/ a zero offset. The lip on it is 5". The fender is flush w/ the rims.

SO a rim person would know the mm conversion, but as for me, im a body guy ahaha