PDA

View Full Version : I lost a close friend last night...

ALTRNTV
08-17-2006, 06:50 AM
My close friend Julia Francisco was killed last night by a drunk driver in El Monte. She was driving home from a kickback, when a drunk driver broadsided her Camry on the driver side and killed her on impact. She was so close to me, more like a sister, than a friend. Life is so delicate and precious you guys. I just wanted to share this with you, as I'm going through alot with her death. I still can't believe she's gone. I can go on and on, but there's no use in mourning. It's not gonna bring her back, so all I can do is celebrate her life. It hurts so much knowing someone so close to you just got her life taken away by a irresponsible fuck (sorry for the language, but I can't help be angry).

A note to every person who even thinks of driving under the influence:
Think about the lives you destroy when you act irresponsible, and think of the lives of the loved ones they leave behind, because of your reckless act. Also, think about your own life. Think about the guilt you'll feel all your life about taking someone's life away from them. Think twice before you put the keys in. It's not worth it, it really isn't.

If this was an innapropriate thread, then I'm sorry, mods can close this if you wish. I really don't care, I just wanted to express to my Zilvia family how I felt. I don't know if I'll be on Zilvia for awhile, so if you don't see me around for a couple days, you know why.

:wtc: :wtc: :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

cc4usmc
08-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Sorry you have to go through something like losing a friend. Nobody should. Especially for something like that. RIP

ranisron
08-17-2006, 07:32 AM
sorry to hear about your loss...

I hope the DUI driver is being prosecuted right now.

mosill
08-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Im sorry to hear about your loss. My frat does a BADD week (Brothers Against Drunk Driving) at my campus every year and every year we get a car that has been in a drunk driving accident and its a very sad sight to see how someone's senselessness causes so much destruction. I think celebrating her life is the best approach and keep your head up. RIP.

mrmephistopheles
08-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Sorry for your loss.

It's pretty clear how Lisa and I feel about the matter... http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=36799&highlight=drunk

koukikat180sx
08-17-2006, 08:16 AM
it's always sad to lose someong you care deeply about. i'm sorry for your loss... take care. :(

exitspeed
08-17-2006, 08:23 AM
My condolences to you and her family...

Unfortunatly this happens all to often, and it's always very sad.

180sExy
08-17-2006, 08:49 AM
my heart goes out too you and her family.it really gets me sic too hear someone taken before their time due too a dumass that could'nt be responsilbe an think before they got behind the wheel of a car.

overb0ost
08-17-2006, 08:57 AM
I hope her soul may Rest In Peace and hopefully people will learn how to be responsible nowadays.

Condolenses to her family and yours.

ALTRNTV
08-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys for all your kind words. I appreciate it wholeheartedly. I forgot to mention that she just turned 20 a month ago and had her whole life ahead of her. She barely graduated cosmetology school also. This really made me think about my own life, and how I should start cleaning it up. Life is a precious thing to waste.

ThatGuy
08-17-2006, 09:38 AM
So sorry, bro. Don't really know what else to say. Makes you feel so small and powerless to lose someone.

EndLeSS8
08-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Dude, I'm totally sorry.
Please stay well.

s13poop
08-17-2006, 10:29 AM
my best wishes to you and her family..

its sad to see this happen, how someone's irresponsible decision might change anothers life indefinately...

as you said its better to celebrate her life and remember the happiness she brought to everyone im sure she is in a better place now.

i think we should set something up for AkademikOne go take a drive or chill somewhere to clear his mind

im down :)

wootwoot
08-17-2006, 10:32 AM
and the drunks always survive....................Sorry.

TheSquidd
08-17-2006, 10:33 AM
:ughug:

Damn, for real, so sorry man, this just reinforces my new abstience from alcohol.

sncs14
08-17-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about your friend.
I can't stand people who drink then think they can drive. Driving drunk, or even buzzed, is not cool at all. I won't drive after drinking unless it's like one drink with a big meal, even then I would rather not. I rarely drink and when I do I am where I intend to stay until sleeping into soberness.

sncs14
08-17-2006, 10:51 AM
:ughug:

Damn, for real, so sorry man, this just reinforces my new abstience from alcohol.
Way to go.
I didn't start drinking until I graduated high school. Then about 2 years later I went without a sip of alcohol for a little over a year. The thing is, members of my family have had problems with alcoholism. So, knowing this I control myself, and don't mind because, I would rather not be the cause of something like this.

drift freaq
08-17-2006, 11:01 AM
wow my heart goes out to you man, 20 is to young. I lost a very close friend who got killed on his motorcylce 7 years ago. Its tough. Ya and drinking, man people just don't seem to understand. I am clean and sober and have been for quite awhile. All I can say is, while partieing is fun getting drunk and or loaded and trying to drive is stupid. Plain and simple. I hope they prosecute that driver and lock him up. Give him time to ruminate on the fact he hast taken a life that was precious. Again my condolences.

Slidin240Wayz
08-17-2006, 11:06 AM
My condolonces brother. My old grammar school classmate was a firefighter and just died in a fire on April 11. Smile and celebrate the life she lived!

Carlos

kandyflip445
08-17-2006, 11:25 AM
That sucks. I hope you find a way to recover from your loss soon. Keep the happy memories with you. Try not to get to down.

RiversideS13
08-17-2006, 11:29 AM
i am really sorry to hear this. i hope they will hang the irresponsible drunk driver

aznpoopy
08-17-2006, 11:32 AM
same story here. friend of a friend was sitting at a light around 1am. it turned green. his car moved maybe 10 feet when it was broadsided by a drunk driver. the driver took off. didn't even bother to call an ambulance. victim died shortly after. took them a coupe of weeks to find him but he got what he deserved in the end.

very sorry for your loss man. RIP.

'90RPS13
08-17-2006, 12:49 PM
My condolences go to you and her family bro. I am truely sorry to hear that. I have a no tolerence on drinking and driving and just like MrMephs link, I would have done the same thing. RIP, *a

180sExy
08-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Life is a precious thing to waste.
i think thats the realist shit anyone have every posted on this forum.

Chitown_B14
08-17-2006, 01:19 PM
sorry to hear about your loss man.

Flybert
08-17-2006, 02:54 PM
People need to remember that a lot of people drive drunk at night. There's nothing that is ever going to change that in my opinion. I just drive really carefully late at night on the weekends. Before crossing intersections, I always look left and right, but especially left when I go through because drunk drivers blow through red lights all the time. I'm really paranoid about it because I don't trust anyone on the road. A little caution and an awareness of your surroundings can prevent this from happening to you.

WERDdabuilder
08-17-2006, 03:08 PM
keep your head up man.

SiI40sx
08-17-2006, 04:06 PM
There is absolutely nothing you can do to get over it, its going to take a lot of time bro, I know what its like to lose someone close to you and the only way to heal and move on is just time. It sucks because you have no control over it, its something that just happens. But while time is passing by try to live life as normal as possible, I messed up my life when my ex-g/f passed away by not going to school anymore and not caring about my future. 4 Years later Im pretty much normal again, Im really sorry about what happened, I hope her family has the strength to overcome this, my ex-girlfriends mom is still really messed up over her loss til this day. Once again, stay up bro

LB.Motoring
08-17-2006, 04:25 PM
condolences.

msglegthstooshortthisneedstodissapearlikedrunkdriv ers

ALTRNTV
08-17-2006, 05:12 PM
i think we should set something up for AkademikOne go take a drive or chill somewhere to clear his mind

I would have last night, but I was too emotional. I'd be almost as bad as the drunk driver.

I won't drive after drinking unless it's like one drink with a big meal, even then I would rather not.

I'm the same way. I do get in my car though, but I sleep in it until I sober up.

i think thats the realist shit anyone have every posted on this forum.

It's the truth though. You never really know how much one person means to you, until they are gone.

Her viewing is tomorrow and I don't know if I can take it. I'm also going to be one of the paulbearers for her funeral on Satuday. I hate this...

Thanks for the support you guys, I truly appreciate you taking your time to write something.

Ninjabread
08-17-2006, 05:23 PM
My condolences bro, I know that no words can express how you feel.
R.I.P

-Matt

miucus
08-17-2006, 05:29 PM
sorry about your friend.
RIP to all people whos life was taken away by a drunk driver

LB.Motoring
08-17-2006, 05:30 PM
i have enough worries, driving drunk isnt one of them hahaha, like dang, worrie about low on tread, bad alligment, cops, cupler popping off etc. drinking bah. just not one of those things, after drinking just crash at the place your at :)

Ninjabread
08-17-2006, 05:32 PM
^^Damn right +1.

Cloud9
08-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Not sure what to say, but im truly sorry for your loss and best wishes.

LB.Motoring
08-17-2006, 05:41 PM
yeah theres nothing really to say, but just remmber this event when your at a party and you see that one guy going home, and you know hes wasted, just get him to crash there, or help him get home safely, and you might have saved a life, who knows.

ALTRNTV
08-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Yea, I try to do that as much as possible. Even though I'm drunk, I still have a sense of knowing who is also drunk with me. I take their keys away and give them to a responsible sober person who'll hide them until the drunks can drive.

LB.Motoring
08-17-2006, 05:45 PM
^ true that, ive seen some drunk women try to leave sometimes, you just gotta be their buzz kill and take there keys, not like they could drive well in the first place :keke:

ALTRNTV
08-17-2006, 05:48 PM
That last comment made me laugh a little, thanks, haha. I'm just trying to find stuff to laugh about.

LB.Motoring
08-17-2006, 05:53 PM
That last comment made me laugh a little, thanks, haha. I'm just trying to find stuff to laugh about.

hehe np man i know how it is, Ive have losses in the family,

yea lemme tell you, i saw one girl, got into her car, (honda or hyndi or something) anyways point was it was FF, so she takes off down the street to turn around the coldasack after some party, and you hear eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr, im like wtf? teh drifto here?! omfg... well i guess she still had the parking brake on, and it prob engages well when turning ff, sliding the rear, and i was like omg... someons drunk, so we stop her, a guy goes your parking brakes on, she pulls the lever, and the hood pops, I was like uhh.... guys, they push it down, she does it again, I was like hey come here 1 sec. and I think i put the keys somewhere very high haha Im 7'5, i cant remmber i think on some high bookshelf, later the next day she asked me why her car was all up in the driveway, and i let her drive sober home the next morning. im glad for lately I have not encounterd a great loss, were with ya man. shes watching over you now. :wavey:

HyperTek
08-17-2006, 10:13 PM
dam sorry to hear that. .i saw chelle's myspace bulletins regarding what happened..

maybe ive seen her before at a club b4.

it gets to me how young lives are taken away. Just recently some girl died from a motorcycle accident theres a big honda-tech thread about it and even tho i did not know her, i felt touched by it...

i havent lost a close person to me yet and i am thankful for that.

SimpleS14
08-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh man...I feel your pain with you...I'm truly sorry for your loss.

:(

usdm180sx
08-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Wow. I'm really sorry for what happened Simoun. I was really close to my grandmother and when she died it felt like a big chunk of my heart was ripped out leaving a big empty space and lots of pain from it being torn out. All I can say bro is that the pain will heal over time. Hang in there.

Ricks15
08-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Im Sorry to hear to hear that man, it will be allright she's just in better place now watching all of her friends and family from heaven.

Birddowg240
08-17-2006, 11:22 PM
I understand how you feel when it comes to losing people. My best friends brother died from a drunk driver a year ago. Needless to say he hasen't been the same since. My aunt died from a drunk driver over 2 years ago. My grandfather just died in may, right before my birthday. Death makes you think about everything you do, and everything to do to other people. For me it made me realize that everyone and everything that you will every encounter in your life will eventually pass away, and to cherish every moment possible. Life is to short, and can be taken from you in a heart beat. Let this be a lesson to you. In a good way of course. For me it made me a better person. Each day I try to make at least five people smile from something I say or do. No matter how big or small the act is. I also don't drink due to the family having problems with it (reason my parents split up), among other things. The worst part of everything is the greaving part. I cried with my best friend almost everytime I saw him. But in the long run, she is in a better place. And believe it or not, you will see her again. Stay strong and stay sane. Live your life to the fullest, and remember shes watching out for you.
With much love, and sincerity,
Charlie

viscid240
08-18-2006, 06:11 AM
http://www.guildofallsouls.org.uk/Prayer%20Card%208.jpg

My condolences go out to you and her family. She will be one more angel safe gaurding our lives until our day of gathering.

quasimoto
08-18-2006, 08:59 AM
wow..
i also knew julie. i went to visit the site (where all the flowers and candles are) last night.. was pretty surprised because it's right down the street from where i live. :-/ well anyway, i wasn't really close with her, but the few times i've chilled with her and some friends were some of the best times. she was the type that made everyone happy and laugh - have a good time.. i'm going to miss that. :-/ the past few years have pretty much been filled with the same pain; i've lost 4 friends to drunk drivers, 3 relatives to cancer and whatnot, and another 3 friends to gang violence. never going to get used to that pain.. but hey, always a bright side to look to right? all of that's really got me thinking about straightening up my life more and more. don't really want to keep on ranting so yeah, condolences to you [akad] and her family and friends as well. keep your head up.

REST IN PEACE, JULIA FRANCISCO
July 16, 1986 - August 13, 2006

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/potatoz/Untitled-1copy.jpg
:cry:

ALTRNTV
08-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Thanks again for all your support.

I went to her viewing today and I couldn't hold back tears. I didn't look at her coffin for a good hour. Right before I left, I looked at her and just started bawling. The funeral is tomorrow morning at 9:30.

Id RaThEr DrIfT
08-19-2006, 01:10 AM
hey bro i recently had my lil cousin die about a week ago and its hard but really i jst try and keep my self entertained do something cause u think about it alot more when ur alone or jst sitting down doing nothing well ... sorry to hear that and hope u get better bro take care

KA24DESOneThree
08-20-2006, 03:55 PM
AkademikONE, please accept my condolences on the loss of a good friend. The pain eventually is numbed to but a dull throb in the back of your head, but it never truly goes away and with its lasting reminder you can look upon Julia's life with fondness.

To any of you who drink socially/privately/whatever, please take this as evidence of what an indiscretion can create. A young woman's life was taken in less time than it took to write this sentence and for what? For a little buzz? Please don't drink and drive, the consequences just aren't worth it.

mRclARK1
08-20-2006, 04:45 PM
I've been where you are...it's never easy. Remember the good times and, and also remember and cherish the friends you still have.

I find for myself that in situations like these ALOT of forgotten memories come flooding back. Both good and bad. A good idea I find, is to write them down...kinda helps me to remember the person as they really were, and reminds me why I loved the person that they were.

Keep your head up. :)

nistech
08-20-2006, 04:52 PM
sorry to hear about your loss Simun be strong during these times i know it can be hard.

allstar
08-20-2006, 05:24 PM
sorry bout your loss my condolences go out 2 u and her family. friends dont let friends D&D. godbless u and her family.

d*star180
08-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Im very sorry for your loss man.
My condolonces...itll always makes me hella sad when kids as young as me die because of other peoples stupid mistakes.

95Blue240sx
08-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Keep your head up man! Losing a close friend is the worst. Live on and remember their life.

ALTRNTV
08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks again for all the condolences and words. She was buried on Saturday morning. It hurts, but I gotta move on.

I love Zilvia!

C. Senor
08-21-2006, 10:13 PM
i wish to express my condolences, i'm sorry you and many other people have to go through that pain. that is the exact reason i roll with my friends sometimes, they like to drink and i usually dont drink. so i drive instead of them. and i am glad you have that outlook, there are many people that would like to give up on life. its always great to hear that someone acknowledges the travesty that has happend and knows they are with God now and can keep on living their life. she will always be with you in your heart.

if you ever want someone to chill with man hit me up.

i think zilvians in the socal area should meet up, we can all go to speedzone or dromo1 or just chill at a park on a sunday afternoon or something. zilvia is a famliy, and with family and friends anyone can get through anything.