PDA

View Full Version : ca18det gurus help needed

ryangreg
08-15-2006, 10:29 AM
Hi all,

Sorting my motor after a full rebuild, and cant seem to find my old injector O-rings. I ordered a set for the 88 pulsar NX SE ca18de, and they are the wrong ones, O.D. is smaller than 'det'. Im after the manifld side, not the fuel rail side. Where the pintal seats into the intake manifold itself, there is rubber donut, or 0-ring. I also tried 90-96 3z twin turbo, as those run 370cc injectors, but no go. And SR is completley different, so thats out of the question as well. Anybody source these in the U.S for their ca18's?

Greg

DeBastaard
08-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi all,

Sorting my motor after a full rebuild, and cant seem to find my old injector O-rings. I ordered a set for the 88 pulsar NX SE ca18de, and they are the wrong ones, O.D. is smaller than 'det'. Im after the manifld side, not the fuel rail side. Where the pintal seats into the intake manifold itself, there is rubber donut, or 0-ring. I also tried 90-96 3z twin turbo, as those run 370cc injectors, but no go. And SR is completley different, so thats out of the question as well. Anybody source these in the U.S for their ca18's?

Greg

Can't you get them at the dealer dude?
Maybe the ones from a DSM/Mazda will fit? They are the same as the ones on the CA18DET.

boosteds13
08-19-2006, 10:27 AM
I got mine from the local dealer. Cost me like $14 for 4 o-rings, but whatever, I got them.

ryangreg
08-19-2006, 01:33 PM
aright great get em from the dealer, got em from the dealer.....but what vehicle did you order them for? I ordered a set for the ca18de and they are not the same.

boosteds13
08-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Tell them to print out the fast diagram for the pulsar nx se (ca18de) and point to the part you need. That's what I did and I got the right thing.