PDA

View Full Version : Free to air satalites.. anyone got one?

HyperTek
08-09-2006, 02:26 PM
my boy got a coolsat 5000 and i guess it needs to be reprogrammed, but im thinking if it works im gonna get one too.. anyone here got one?

Ghettokracker71
08-09-2006, 02:52 PM
WTF Mate

chrisstroud
08-09-2006, 03:10 PM
http://www.tech-faq.com/free-to-air-satellite.shtml
It's a cool idea, if I had enough cash to spend on stuff like that, I would buy one for sure.

Liger
08-09-2006, 03:41 PM
best to check if any program has been released. last i read no ones been able to crack it.

HyperTek
08-09-2006, 04:48 PM
my friend jus bought a big screen for his apartment (his first tv he bought,esp since he got a new apartment) and recently purchased the reciever and directtv satalite from some cable dude a while back (it worked fo ra while but htey musta changed the keys)

but i found the updated keys so today im gonna go over there and try it out..

its pretty cheap tho.. the recievers are like $150, and just find the satalite for around the same price.. if I like his setup, im gonna piece mine together.

i dont have cable right now *never really did* and dont usually watch too much tv, but after reading up on this it seems pretty sweet

95Blue240sx
08-09-2006, 06:20 PM
I think a writeup is in order.

Phlip
08-09-2006, 10:58 PM
I have my old satellite still attached to my house that I am not using, make an offer, and keep in mind that shipping will be PAINFUL to anyone not able to pick it up in NC.

... IM me for information on it, I have a PDF

LB.Motoring
08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
hehe, i hope this isnt like my direct tv programing..... its toobad they update their codes and cards..
edit: o wait this is legal hahahaha :P

yeah actually many sites you will find info on this, but usualy for some reason its mainly from Canadia, gl mate.

95Blue240sx
08-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah the cards were a pain. At one point you had to program every couple of hours.

My friend that was looking into this recently just told me that its all be blocked. going to do some more research now to see if its a done deal. If it is that sucks. I got 2 sats already posted on the side of my house.

LB.Motoring
08-09-2006, 11:34 PM
^ yah I hurd it was done, I miss my every channel, and pay perview :(

I think they pretty much decided to stick it to the programers and kill it, I could check with my guy and see whats the latest news, dang i sure hate 13 channels :(

yahahah and the cards, for a while we just had them programed, but yeah.... later we even had a small computer hooked up to wired cards, after that I think it was too much of a pain..

HyperTek
08-10-2006, 04:31 AM
i was checking it out, you jus need to always update the keys whenever they change it. just involves checking the forums for those updated keys, entering them, then voila

http://forums.dsstester.com/vbb/index.php