OdessaS13
08-08-2006, 12:06 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/06/business/main1868345.shtml

say hello to $4 a gallon :cry: :cry: :cry:

me= 3.5 v6+ 16 gallon tank + 15mpg= ~$65 fill up

shoot me...now ================================== \/

TurDz
08-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Good...save this damned planet. Wait...that was a contradictory statement huh?

downshift_sideways
08-08-2006, 12:23 AM
fuck it my DD is gonna be a street bike.

ONYX S-13
08-08-2006, 08:50 AM
I hope a I get a new job before this hits its peak... That way i can ride my bike to work , use my wife's kia for commuting around town and using the 240 only on days when i need to have a quick pick me up.

I'd be kicking myself if I owned anything with a 6 cyl. or more.

PITCH
08-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Yeah that was one of my main concerns last year when I totaled my Legend. (V6) Find a nice 4 w/ perks.:cool:

TheSquidd
08-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Yay cost of living wage increases for all!

!Zar!
08-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I hope you people do notice that in most cases, when gas prices go up so is everything else.

So when gas prices raise, I could care less.

People always talk about how cheap gas was, back when it was only $1.98 a gallon, but living wage was also lower, as was the salary/per hr people were making.

So as gas prices raise, as will the amount people will make to pay for said gas.

It's all a cycle.

They are already talking about raising minimum wage yet again.

bardabe
08-08-2006, 06:14 PM
yep just how the little frito lay bags went up in price. from 15cents a bag to 25 cents a bag now to 35 cents a bag. it might seem like a big deal but as stated before. people are also getting paid more now in days. you just gotta learn how to manage yourself better,

CaoBoY
08-09-2006, 12:34 AM
i made 10 bucks when it was 1.98 a gallon, and i make 10 bucks, and its 3.00 a gallon. so what. you need to drive to work/wherever right? then you will pay the gas price. you dont like it, get a hybrid/convert ur car to run on e85. ride a bike. take the bus. or just suck it up and drive your car. i love how everbody complains about gas, when the 240 was based as an economic grocery getter marketed towards women, that saves gas etc etc. its a 4 cylinder, doesnt suck up gas THAT bad, and if you dont drive like an ass everywhere, it gets 300-350 miles to the tank like most other 4 cylinders do. dont swap a hyphy SR jdm tyte motor in your car and you wont have to run on premium. lol why do you cry about it? you still are going to pay for it!

fliprayzin240sx
08-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Perfect timing to buy this civic...the 240s gonna sit in the garage. 740cc injectors dont like gas...gets like 14 mpg.

drift freaq
08-09-2006, 12:54 AM
heh RB's love drinking gas. Looks I am headed to a Honda Fit or a EG hatch for a daily driver. Use the RB car for going out at night and weekends.

drifter808
08-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Im already paying $3.78 a gallon for premium. Time to bust out the bicycle and get in shape. or pick up a honda FIT.

bimmerlover
08-09-2006, 01:13 AM
Well, time to bring my motorcycle course completion certificate to the DMV because a bike is all I'm going to be driving for now on. My fucking BMW 850i is a 5.0L V12 with a 22 gallon tank, and it has been my DD since I yanked out the KA for my SR swap. Do the math.:hyper:

SiI40sx
08-09-2006, 02:35 AM
fuck i should have never sold my 500-600mpg 1987 celica st!! I WANT IT BACK JON!!

nistech
08-09-2006, 04:21 AM
damn it i paid 2.99 at the shell station the other day and i was excited that it was going down. i need a civic hatch

k0uki
08-21-2006, 03:58 AM
well im glad im getting my bike soon, and my car will sit in the garage

Vatche
08-21-2006, 04:11 AM
wages go up, yeh so what...minimum wage should be 10 dollars an hour to live in this fucking state. and the problem is like they said gas prices go up and so does the cost of everything else. so even if they raise min wage, it isnt even going to help people out...gas ALONE is taking everything i make in a week. along with some boo's, but still come on, 150 bucks a week on gas is NOT something i want to be doing...and thats 3 tanks. 3 tanks should cost me 60 bucks. thats fair.

SilviaNinja240
08-21-2006, 04:57 AM
compared to other places, its VERY cheap. I would looove to pay US prices for gas. If you look at Europe and Asia, you guys got it good :) Enjoy it while ya can. I pay almost 6 and a quater per gallon myself :(
(example of prices in other countries http://money.howstuffworks.com/gas-price1.htm)

Vatche
08-21-2006, 05:20 AM
percentage wise how bad does gas affect u where you are. over here i make 8 dollars an hour cash, and pay 75% of that to gas a week or so...maybe 50% just to gas, thats not including food rent boo's and car stuff...if its that way to you then ill shut up

SilviaNinja240
08-21-2006, 05:54 AM
Looking at it that way then it all depends on who you are, and how much salary do people make. I know similar people in similar situations, so it happens everywhere.

180sExy
08-21-2006, 09:24 AM
True we(americans) in comparison dont pay what the rest of the world does when it comes too gas. We still pay alot due too americans drive far more than any other country.It's not rare to see people commuting 60+ miles oneway to work.Thats over 120miles a day.I know of alot of people putting whole checks into their cars just too get too work and from work.That is money that is not going back into the local economy but is instead going into the Gas companies pockets.When you have a economy where everyday families are paying so much for gas, that they barely have enought too pay for bills an the house payment,they dont spend.That hurts the national economy.They are not out there spending.Which inturn hurts small an big business's.True the national minimum is going to increase but most people already make more than minimum wage.I use too work as a temp an was making like $9.50hr and I am single with no kids.To me we the minimum wage is a joke the cost of living has already past what the goverment thinks minimum wage should be.So if they do raise it,it really would'nt help.these gas prices are a JOKE!!!! It is sad how everyday we wake up too go to our jobs so that we can work for a better future for our familes,to live the AMERICAN DREAM.But instead we get raped by the big oil conglomerations.Our economy has already shown some slowth.I think in 2003 or 2002 the job groth was at 5% now two or three yrs later its at 4% not alot but it has slown down.well thats just what I think.I might be wrong too worry but I am very concerned with the way this country is heading.I think everyone for one day boycott the oil compaines.Fill up the day before an reframe from going to the gas stations for 1 day.Show them that we are tired of the excuess of why oil barrels are going up,becaues of terrorist because their pipe line had a small leak in their system because of the hurricane.They just love world events. I think if Brittney Spears has another kid their gonna use that for an excuess too.anyways,lolz I think I wrote too much already.I'm out.THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED!!!Sorry so long.

trybal
08-21-2006, 10:26 AM
when i first started driving gas was 1.30-1.60. and minimum wage was 6.75. now gas is close to 4 dollars and minimum wage is only 7.40 i believe. Thats not near a good enough compensation. For the prices.

trsilvias13
08-21-2006, 11:38 AM
When I started driving gas was under $1 and mininum wage was like $4.50 or so.

Vatche
08-21-2006, 11:10 PM
180sEXY your right in most of everything you say. but that not buying gas idea for one day bullshit isnt going to do anything to the gas companies. The US population including businesses and whatever else depends on gasoline like oxygen. Without the gasoline everything would stop. AND the reason i said you were wrong in that sentence was mainly because if everyone went and filled up their tanks on tuesday and didnt buy any gas on weds...The oil companies would make huge profits on tuesday to make up for no sales on weds. Thats pointless too. This situation PROVES how much power a US citizen has. NONE.