PDA

View Full Version : ZOMG...the grudge 2...

sw20>>s14
08-07-2006, 04:40 PM
am i a pussy or is this shit hella freaky? saw the fuckin kid on my aim so i clicked it...i fuckin jumped and made a weird sound in my cube while watching it...i felt so uncomfortable and a sense of anxiety i went down for sun and a cigarette...jeez...i still remember the first one...after that, i was scared of my gf (at the time) or any other asian girls with long hair for like 6 months...its amazing how they can manipulate the human mind and strike such a sense of fear in a person...i dont know, am i trippin out?

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thegrudge2/

ALTRNTV
08-07-2006, 04:43 PM
You're trippin' out. lol

I don't get scared of horror movies for some reason. I haven't seen one movie that startled me, or scared me.

Kaizen.
08-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Haha, holy shit i thought it was just me, fcukin grudge scared the shit out of me. I alwase close my closet cuz i have the addic entrance in mine. And the scene where they see the kid thru the elevator window! my gf's new apartment is on the top floor with that shit! Shouldov never watched that movie

woodchuck
08-07-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't get scared of horror movies for some reason.

i'm the same way kinda. i liked the chainsaw remake and the hills have eyes remake too. it's the tension and intensity that gets to me, but gore is a must for all horrow movies imo. but i'm not saying that all horror movies that fit my criteria are good. house of wax = wackness. i'm glad i saw that on hbo instead of paying for it in the theater.

how is rated pg or pg13 scary? ring 1&2 + grudge 1&2 = monster house.
they need to make those movies with JDM steez. i thought those were scarier then the us versions.

Yuri
08-07-2006, 05:03 PM
I saw the trailer before Talledega nights, and thought it was really cheap how they were using jumpcuts over and over again to scare the audience. Lame. Try something original for once. :P

ManoNegra
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Cheap scare tactic gimmicks and make-up isn't real horror imo but I do get a cheap thrill out of them.

enen11
08-07-2006, 05:16 PM
1st one wasnt that scary. i thought it was kind of lame

ALTRNTV
08-07-2006, 05:27 PM
IMO, most of these new horror movies are lame.

The old horror films were the best. Stephen King movies are good.

Yuri
08-07-2006, 05:33 PM
eh, most new movies seem pretty lame.... Anything worth seeing right now?

ManoNegra
08-07-2006, 05:34 PM
The Saw series has been pretty good so far. I skipped Devil Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses, Sliver, Silent Hill and a few others so I can't say for sure as far as what the trend is.
Scary films are made for high schoolers mostly and shock/gimmicks is what works best for them I guess. Obstricized us older horror fans though.

ManoNegra
08-07-2006, 05:36 PM

Saw Talladega Nights and while it had it's moments, it wasn't $47 million worth of fun.

ALTRNTV
08-07-2006, 05:37 PM
The Saw series has been pretty good so far.

Saw. Love the series. Can't wait for the 3rd one. I did not see the ending coming in Saw 2. Well, I kinda figured it had something to do with her, but I didn't figure out she was the one behind it.

Oh sorry, this thread was about The Grudge 2. :coold:

sw20>>s14
08-07-2006, 06:10 PM
*sigh* i guess either me and nismokid are crazy or were highschool school girls; maybe both...shit, if its scary its scary; im no director or movie buff...i can watch deranged stuff, but ghost and extraterrestrial stuff i dont do so well with...

ive been dying to watch the saw series from what ive heard...maybe ill pick it up on the way home...

OMGWTFBBQ
08-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Ju-On was hella scary.
the grudge however, wasnt nearly as good, sarah michelle gellar is hella suck. They added too much of a Holleywood element to a movie that really didnt need it.
anyway
I'll probably end up seeing it anyway

SkeetFaceJeff
08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
The Descent was SCARYYY. I've never seen so many dudes scream.

mosill
08-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the grudge, the story had holes and I hate the cheap scare tactics. Its all in the music and sound timing, weak. You didnt miss much Mano with Devils rejects, it was gory and bizarre but never seemed like a scary movie. I wonder if the horror industry is running out of unique ideas? or is this an attempt to undo media corrupting the children with excessive violence and gore? or are they trying to soften movies to make them PG or PG13 and get more sales?

ManoNegra
08-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Devils Rejects & House of 1000 Corpses = White Zombie. Quirky horror. I kinda wanna check them out but keep forgetting. Pulse is opening this weekend aswell but JDM horror films are getting played out. Or have been for some time now.
Iono about The Descent, got pretty bad reviews when it was released in England and they kept pushing the states release date back - a sure sign of a crap movie - but so far no one is putting it down. I hear the US and British endings are different and that the DVD will come with a 'choose your adventure' type feature.

bardabe
08-08-2006, 06:07 PM
barn yard was pretty good I saw it with my Friend could not stop laughing its a good movie.

silverarrow27
08-08-2006, 11:15 PM
The Descent is a scarey movie, it's a womens movie which makes it very painful. They're all running all over the place and screaming and panicking throughout the whole movie which was very irritating/annoying.

I thought the chick Juno was pretty good looking though!

wickdmarz
08-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Hmm I have a love for japanese horror movies and shows (yet no one wants to watch them with me!!) but they're usually never as creepy as the american verison. Maybe in terms of visual, the japanese verison don't show enough gore or it's crappy looking gore.

Never watch Dark Water...gay movie ugh...

I do dig japanese horror games, just beat fatal frame 3 woot.

woodchuck
08-09-2006, 06:26 PM
trying to soften movies to make them PG or PG13 and get more sales?

i never thought of that:doh:

HKsilvia
08-10-2006, 05:11 AM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO MGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO MGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG:bite:
never seen the US version, but the Japan original version is scary as hell, it bring me some creep tho(4:15 am)