PDA

View Full Version : II might have to buy a 360 :(

ONYX S-13
08-07-2006, 01:08 PM
I've loved sony products ever since I've been into electronics.. But this trailer has me hooked (so far)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xE7OZykH6A&NR

I might have to become a traiter unless GT5 is gonna match/surpass this.

Looks good though.

"I searched and I could only find Forza 1 threads"

exitspeed
08-07-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm sure GT5 will be > Forza 2. BUT I am going to get Forza 2 to hold me over until GT5. I don't expect GT5 until early 08 honestly. If we see it holiday season 07 I'll be very suprised.

ONYX S-13
08-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm sure GT5 will be > Forza 2. BUT I am going to get Forza 2 to hold me over until GT5..

I really hope GT5 will be better cause I don't wanna buy a 360 just for one game.. That'll be expensive. But the game looks really good

exitspeed
08-07-2006, 01:48 PM
I really hope GT5 will be better cause I don't wanna buy a 360 just for one game.. That'll be expensive. But the game looks really good

Your gonna have to do that with GT5 anyway. I'm pretty sure it's only gonna be for PS3.

So let's see I need, PS3 $600, GT5 $60, New Logitech Wheel $300 finishing up my cockpit $200...$1,100 later I'll get to play GT the way it was meant to be played.

ONYX S-13
08-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Ha ha ha.. Dang you're right... I said what i said originally cause i don't like Xbox.. I hate the controllers and the games thatr they have released haven't done it for me.. Hince the reason why I don't own one yet..

I'll more then likely like the game titles that PS3 will bring out cause I've liked them from PS1/PS2.. Even though I like the controllers more I will not be using those anyways for GT5.. I'll be making myself an at home arcade game (What I've always dreamed of when I was little)..

TheSquidd
08-07-2006, 04:00 PM
PS3 is bombing before it's even released.

Xbox Live, early release, and massive third party support are already strong on the Xbox 360. I love the games that are released, almost all of them are keepers. Tons more GREAT titles are coming.

The Wii looks promising as always , Nintendo has the most quirky titles.

The PS3 has only a few promising titles, and they are all sequels. I dunno. Not paying 600$ (which means 1200$ on ebay for the first 6 months of it's release due to "lack of supply") for a system that only has 2 titles.

and Forza > GT4 anyday. I'll take customization, damage, multiplayer and realistic physics over GT4's stupid ass amount of cars and 1998 physics model anyday. :hyper:

ONYX S-13
08-07-2006, 05:21 PM
I wonder if they'll de-throne the guys at poly digital.. Supposidely they said that the PS2 platform wasn't able to support what they really had in mind for for the 4th GT so they had to basically "cut corners" on the game... SO with PS3 there shouldn't be any excuses.... If they don't at least come to par with Forza2 with GT5 I think they should just accept defeat at pass the throne to the crew at forza.. As a consumer i just want a fun sim that i can play from home without having to pay 1.50 per game and to have to be limited to a cramped computer screen..

TheSquidd
08-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Forza 1 , was an absoulute BLAST to play. Multiplayer races were like heroin. Tuning your car for every last bit of performance while staying in class, oh the fun. I dunno. I found myself in Gran Turismo, dreading the licenses, always using the B-Spec driver, and just buying tons of cars was the only real joy I got out of the game. I was just so dissapointed by how little they changed from GT3 > GT4. In fact, they took out the best part, rallying! GT4's rally physics were god AWFUL.

(This is coming from a DIE-HARD Gran Turismo fan, the guy that would wait for the store to open to get it on Day 1. The guy that bought the 300$ wheel, and a seat, and had a set up in his room in front of his TV.)

WILDACEX187
08-07-2006, 06:34 PM
i agree forza was wayyyy more fun than gt4. i stopped playing gt4 like 4 months after it came out. to this day i still play forza (damn that stock shelby cobra race!!! damn it to hell!!!!)

08-08-2006, 06:15 AM
youtube is great and all, but I can't stand how everything has such poor video quality.

Customization Trailer 360p version. (http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/F/F/EFF2F9C6-DDF4-4573-BBF4-5095805DF4A2/ForzaMotorsport2_CustomizationVideo_ESRB_360p30_ST _1500kbps.wmv)

ONYX S-13
08-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Forza 1 , was an absoulute BLAST to play. Multiplayer races were like heroin. Tuning your car for every last bit of performance while staying in class, oh the fun.

Yeah that does sound like a blast.. I haven't had a chance to play it yet.. Does XBox have a wheel for these games?

In fact, they took out the best part, rallying! GT4's rally physics were god AWFUL.

Indeed.. I ABSOLUTELY HATED RALLY IN GT4.. Especially the penalties when the COMPUTER hits you..:rant:

(This is coming from a DIE-HARD Gran Turismo fan, the guy that would wait for the store to open to get it on Day 1. The guy that bought the 300$ wheel, and a seat, and had a set up in his room in front of his TV.)

:eek3:

I mean I like GT but I don't think I can even sit in front of a store for a game.. I usually wait some time for the price to go down on any game that I buy.. I'm still gonna get that wheel and a used seat so I can make a set up at home though... It's like a poor mans arcade game.. I don't care though HEH..That has been one of my childhood dreams :p

youtube is great and all, but I can't stand how everything has such poor video quality

Agreed.. When I was watching the link that i posted I was thinking "GT4 has better graphics then this and this is on 360".. Then i thought to myself."It has to be You Tube cause I've seen the way 360 looks and this ain't it.".

Thanks for the link :coold:

I need a wet nap now :(

exitspeed
08-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Squidd I'm going to have to agree with you that GT4 was a mild failure. However I think that GT5 has the potential to correct all the problems that we saw in GT4. I don't like to loose faith in titles after one game that's not "the greatest ever". MGS3 for instance was lame IMO. But I didn't loose faith and BAM, they give me MGS4.

I think you need to have a little more faith in Polyophny (sp).

S14DB
08-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Logitech needs to come out with a Xbox360 Wheel for me to be happy.

exitspeed
08-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Logitech needs to come out with a Xbox360 Wheel for me to be happy.

Taht would be nice. But when it comes time I'm only going to buy one wheel, and it will be for the PS3.

What they need to do is stop all this hardware specific BS and make one that works one PS3, 360, and PC. It's crap that they don't.

Flipzide
08-08-2006, 01:21 PM
I say go with the purchase of the 360. The PS3 will be overpriced for a while anyway. What people said about Forza is very true. To this day I still play Forza and play it online. I was a GT fan until GT4 and now its been collecting dust since the day I picked up forza for my Xbox.

Theres also some great titles out for the 360 and even more promising titles coming out within this year.

Some current games I would recommend getting are Fight Night Round 3, Project Gotham 3, Kameo, MotoGP 06, Prey (pc port), and Oblivion (another pc port).

Some games I'm looking foward to are Saints Row, Ninety-Nine Nights, Dead Rising (comes out today), Fable 2, Forza 2, Halo 3, Gears of War, Huxley (mmo), GTA4, and other titles i cant come up with off the top of my head, haha.

Either way, there will be many titles that will warrent the purchase of a 360. I honestly don't see anything exciting thats coming out for the PS3 that would make me want to drop a lot of money on it. I'd rather get a Wii. The gameplay on the Wii looks like itll be more exciting than the 360 or the PS3, imo.

exitspeed
08-08-2006, 01:38 PM
I'd rather get a Wii. The gameplay on the Wii looks like itll be more exciting than the 360 or the PS3, imo.

I agree. i'm looking forward to Wii more then PS3 and my 360 is probably going to just collect dust after it comes out.

Metroid and Zelda on launch day, plus almost another 20+ titles, and 30 classic titles, and a brand new way to play games?

Wii FTW :rawk:

ONYX S-13
08-08-2006, 01:46 PM
I don't know what Wii is .. But i take it that it'll be from the guys at Nintendo...

I do like the classic games a lot from the nintendo squad and seeing them in a new light might be kinda cool.. Heck i was obsessed with Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 and the Zelda for 64 for the longest time.... I can't stand game cube..

Maybe this new system will bring the fun factor to the OG game console makers (No I'm not talking about atari either)..

S14DB
08-08-2006, 03:22 PM
PS3 is just way overpriced for what you get IMHO.

I will prolly get the Wii way before I get the PS3. Whenever I have more than one friend over the Game Cube gets all the action and with one friend over The lunchbox still wins out most of the time.

KwKouki
08-08-2006, 03:23 PM
I must have been the ONLY person on earth to absolutely hate forza.

TheSquidd
08-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Actually tons of people do.

m0rex
08-08-2006, 03:48 PM
The ones that suck at it big time.

ramblux
08-08-2006, 03:54 PM
I saw GT4 at Best Buy yesterday for $19.99. I was so pissed. I waited almost a year to get it because it was expensive, and eventually found a used copy for $30. Not it's in PS2's Classic Hits or whatever it's called. :rant:

ONYX S-13
08-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Hah.. I got mine for 15 bucks when it first came out.. Mitsubishi was having people test drive cars (or ride in their cars) around the block of orange parking lot and afterwards you had to take a little servey about how you felt about the cars (Lancer rally art and eclipes)... After each survey you got a $15 gift certificate to vigin records... I did it twice on the last two days they were there (While on my lunch break) .. Went to vigin and bought the game for the difference (in real money).. Flippin rocked !

WHAT IS WII...? Everytime i see you guys type this i think it says WW-II (World war 2 :( )

shayrgob240
08-08-2006, 05:14 PM
I wasn't a big fan of forza 1 but by the looks of it this one will be much better.

shayrgob240
08-08-2006, 05:18 PM
and what's the theme song?

S14DB
08-08-2006, 05:24 PM
http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html

ONYX S-13
08-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Thank you sir...

Wow that looks funky (controller) but the idea is definitely there... Looks promising.

WILDACEX187
08-08-2006, 06:57 PM
the driving physics in forza are way better than gt4. the graphics of gt4 are only slightly better and thats the only thing i see gt4 having over forza

meteorite_flo
08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I must have been the ONLY person on earth to absolutely hate forza.

no you are not the only person. :rawk:

Dunkee
08-09-2006, 07:26 AM
I stood by GT4 and tried to hate Forza but I couldn't help deny that GT4 is really boring..I played it for like a month and haven't played it since. I played the demos more than the game! I even bought the steering wheel but still have no desire to play it. I'm really considering getting a 360 now. Forza 2 looks really hardcore and fun..also like Test Drive.

HyperTek
08-09-2006, 07:07 PM
cg animation doesnt mean shit on how the game will come out.. gran turismo 1 had awesome intro for its time, and no where did it look like that.. it takes soo much more budget to put out a console game with a team to develop it and another team to market and push it just to sell it.. yet its still limited to what your console can do.

If you guys wanna get into some real good racing, check out some pc simulators... they dont have car customizing, or cool hiphop/rock music or anything, but you get total ammounts of tuning every aspect of the car, i.e. gallons of fuel, boost maps, spoiler degrees, tire pressure etc..

im waiting for GTR2
the trailer http://youtube.com/watch?v=h4EdwXYrSHY
in game video http://youtube.com/watch?v=GSUL637O0BQ

The new FIA F1 2005 mod for Rfactor is freaking awesome
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pIa9A3lHmEg

If u guys wanna try getting into racing sims, logitech ps2 steering wheels will work on pc if u download the software on their site

Arsenal of Glory
08-10-2006, 01:19 AM
^^ Agreed. GTR, GT Legends and rFactor are all the best racing simulators out right now. GTR2 will be AWESOME! cant wait for that one.

TheSquidd
08-10-2006, 03:58 AM
GTR is bad ASS. But you really need a decent wheel / seat setup to really enjoy it.

HKsilvia
08-10-2006, 04:50 AM
if only GT will have more different look on appearence ie. exhaust, brake, fender, body kit etc. then it will own every racing game. however they dont
and btw, at least let me do a donut!!!
i lose my interest on GT4 already even i didnt finish 20% and not even have a super lisence...but i aint gonna buy a console for 1 game. i aint that rich.

yokotas13
08-10-2006, 06:06 AM
Your gonna have to do that with GT5 anyway. I'm pretty sure it's only gonna be for PS3.

So let's see I need, PS3 $600, GT5 $60, New Logitech Wheel $300 finishing up my cockpit $200...$1,100 later I'll get to play GT the way it was meant to be played.
dont forget a grand for a good projector, and a few hundred for surround sound

exitspeed
08-10-2006, 07:19 AM
dont forget a grand for a good projector, and a few hundred for surround sound

Werd. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing witht he TV part. There's a really nice projector for $1000 but I don't know if I'm gonna have the space.

GT5 is supposed to support 3 monitors. I was also thinking 3 19" CRT monitors.

I have some time to decide at least.

ONYX S-13
08-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Dude you guys are way too hard core for me.. You guys are willing to spend thousands... I'm not willing to spend more then like 8 hundred... I can get along with my none HD tv's, a ghetto set up (Wheel/shifter/seat), and waiting 8 to 12 months for the game/console/wheel to go down in price..

exitspeed
08-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Dude you guys are way too hard core for me.. You guys are willing to spend thousands... I'm not willing to spend more then like 8 hundred... I can get along with my none HD tv's, a ghetto set up (Wheel/shifter/seat), and waiting 8 to 12 months for the game/console/wheel to go down in price..

Yea, but for some reason I never seem to spend money on my 240...:o

DreamDriveDrift
08-10-2006, 11:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-KQcfyzE8

What, Full Motion Racing is opening up a LFS + motion simulator cafe in San Diego?

Nice :drool:

ONYX S-13
08-10-2006, 11:24 AM
What, Full Motion Racing is opening up a LFS + motion simulator cafe in San Diego?

Looks like I gotta move back to SD then.

Yea, but for some reason I never seem to spend money on my 240...:o

LOL..

Arsenal of Glory
08-10-2006, 11:59 AM
GTR is bad ASS. But you really need a decent wheel / seat setup to really enjoy it.

got a setup already :D
http://www.frex.com/gp/wheeladapter/prowspa01w600.JPG

TheSquidd
08-10-2006, 01:30 PM
That is bad ass.

Hahahha, you'd be surprised, all I spend on games is the 500$ for the Xbox 360, and paying for Gamefly subscription. like 17 dollars a month and I get whatever games I want. Way better than spending 60$ every month for one game.

g2g Dead Rising just arrived by mail! :wackit:

HyperTek
08-10-2006, 03:20 PM
heres my cheap setup..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/streetphase/100_0783.jpg
refurbished ps2 logitech driving force for like $30bucks shipped online
then put my old Grant steering wheel on it free
download drivers from logitech's website.
works nicely

I dont got teh pimpage 900degree radius like the driving force pro, but for F1 games you dont need it.

Im meaning to build my own H shifter
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5179347854334601467&q=gtr+shifter

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2061087392913509589&q=gtr+shifter

people make thier own cockpits out of a car seat and pvp piping to hold the monitor/wheel/pedals/seat which is pretty cheap to do

exitspeed
08-10-2006, 03:25 PM
people make thier own cockpits out of a car seat and pvp piping to hold the monitor/wheel/pedals/seat which is pretty cheap to do

That's what I'm gonna start working on soon. My uncle works for a shop that we can have parts anodized, pipes bent and small parts machined. I'm using a stock 91 S13 seat and have the DFP wheel.

ONYX S-13
08-10-2006, 04:15 PM
heres my cheap setup..
refurbished ps2 logitech driving force for like $30bucks shipped online
then put my old Grant steering wheel on it free
download drivers from logitech's website.
works nicely

I dont got teh pimpage 900degree radius like the driving force pro, but for F1 games you dont need it.

Im meaning to build my own H shifter
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5179347854334601467&q=gtr+shifter

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2061087392913509589&q=gtr+shifter

Impressive.. The only problem there seems to be is the "clunk"..

Is there a way you can maybe glue a piece of foam or something in there to prevent/muffle the noise from the shifter?

yokotas13
08-10-2006, 04:22 PM
gawd, your simulating a race car not a lexus

Arsenal of Glory
08-10-2006, 04:27 PM

did you lose all your button capabilities going that route?

HyperTek
08-10-2006, 04:46 PM
i could plug em in, i cut the button pad out like a hub but i dont really care for the buttons... i thought about wiring new buttons and placing em on a board like that other wheel above but i dont really care, i can just reach over to the keyboard.. besides this is my cheap set up... I still got the paddle shifters behind teh wheel

i been thinking about getting the driving force pro model and putting one of those cheap ebay steering wheels on it but soo far im happy with mine

Arsenal of Glory
08-10-2006, 04:58 PM
couple weeks back Toys R Us was clearing the Logitech Driving Force Pro out for like $50...still might be there if you're lucky

ONYX S-13
08-10-2006, 05:25 PM
gawd, your simulating a race car not a lexus
Heh.. I guess the Navi system is out of the question then eh?

I guess me having a family i was just concerned about playing later in the evening when people are trying to go to sleep or something.. You wouldn't be able to cause of the "clunk" sound.. if you're single or have someone who doesn't care then that's a different story.

HyperTek
08-10-2006, 05:47 PM
couple weeks back Toys R Us was clearing the Logitech Driving Force Pro out for like $50...still might be there if you're lucky

i just called my local toys r us, they said its $49.. but i asked the girl if it was the pro model, and she said she didnt see where it said pro. then i asked what color it was, and its black with blue handles... so thats the old one, same one i got.. I woulda went and picked it up if it was a pro model