PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Milk

ALTRNTV
08-04-2006, 07:08 PM
I started routinely working out about a month ago. My friends gave me this one drink called Muscle Milk. It tasted good, because most of the supplements I've tried in the past didn't taste so good, so I couldn't drink it. I decided to Muscle Milk a try, so I bought the powdred version from GNC for like $20.

Anyone else use this stuff? Does it work? Any other supplements out there that work better?

http://completesupplements.bizland.com/Internet%20Pictures/660726503409.jpg

hendogg8
08-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Muscle Milk uses caesin (sp?) protein, which is a slow digesting protein.

It has quite a bit of calories and sugar I think. It's best used for bulking cycles, taken right before you go to sleep to stay anabolic through the night.

But yeah, best tasting protein supp i've tried. I've had Mango Peach and Pina Colada...great with milk. And I can't stand the taste of milk btw, but mixed with that stuff, it's go!

If you want a protein supplement to take right after your workout, get some whey which digests much faster. Optimum Nutrition 100% whey is really good and popular choice. Affordable, high quality and mixes well.

www.bulknutrition.com I think has some of the best pricing.

ALTRNTV
08-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Well, I am trying to bulk up. I always use milk with it, taste better. Thanls for the info on that other stuff.

Any others?

1121S13
08-04-2006, 07:31 PM
I started routinely working out about a month ago. My friends gave me this one drink called Muscle Milk. It tasted good, because most of the supplements I've tried in the past didn't taste so good, so I couldn't drink it. I decided to Muscle Milk a try, so I bought the powdred version from GNC for like $20.

Anyone else use this stuff? Does it work? Any other supplements out there that work better?

http://completesupplements.bizland.com/Internet%20Pictures/660726503409.jpg
I've tried several but MM beats everything else in taste factor. Which flavor did you get?
Considering your diet is well planned out, your supplements should meet up to your goal. Your goal should determine what type of supplements can help/guide you through your training. And remember that your meal would be most crucial part of your stack than just fueling your body with supplements.

takeright before you go to sleep to stay anabolic through the night.n
+10

ALTRNTV
08-04-2006, 07:33 PM
I have the cookies and cream flavor.

My goal is to gain body mass, I want to bulk up at least 15-20 lbs. I'm at 145 right now, so my target goal is around 165.

1121S13
08-04-2006, 07:39 PM
my fav pick from MM would be mocha joe/banana cream. The most popular cookies and cream gets old after 1-2 bottles. Oh and Whey protein for pre-workout drink and post workout since you want your body to adapt to it quick after training. And like mentioned before, casein protein for slow digestion at snooozing period w/ cottage cheese.

Multi + diet + good night sleep + lazy training is a start for massing. Lazy training meaning, dont hit massive reps/sets. Many members dont even recommend going to the gym 4-5 times a week for gaining mass. And for simple training method; cardio after training, lift at the edge of your heavy weight where you can maintain a good form. Nothing looks more stupid than ppl quater squating or quater benching/boucing off chest with heavy weights. To add one more tip, focuse on compound movements rather than hitting db's or curlbars. It will help you reach your goal so much faster than doing isolation training 24/7.

where do you train? i tried 24 at pasadena and its a descent gym.

Omarius Maximus
08-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Ive tried muscle milk, cytogainer, and some costco protein. The muscle milk tastes best, but has a lot of fat. I mean a lot of fat. So drinking it with regular milk is out of the question, and I can never get myself to buy fat free milk cause it tastes like water. soo ultimately, with milk, muscle milk tastes awesome, especially the strawberry flavor, but it makes you fat quick. With water, it would be better for your body but it tastes like total ass that way. But regardless its good stuff. Just as a note, when I was taking cytogainer, I'd get stomach aches until my body got used to that crap.

midnight zenki
08-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Akademik, if you want to bulk up depending on your body type you should look to natural carbohydrates in mass. Get a shit load of whole grain rice and unenriched flower bread and cosume every three hours throughout the day with or with out other meal components. You just have to be able to stomach so much carbs and if you can keep on this schedule you will most definatley put on size, just make sure to add cardio to maintain a somewhat lean physic, this is best to cycle just like many other aspects of wieght lifting. Do that and combine it with the protien shakes especially after workouts.

Another agent to take to help you add size is MRI's No2. This stuff transports more of the nutrients that you are introducing to your blood stream by enlarging the viens in your body through No2 molecules thus meaning your muscle has more to eat and then grow from.

Also to help increase anabolic recovery at night alot of people take ZMA to maintain testosterone levels while you sleep and rebuild the bulk of your muscle that you previously tore down.

SochBAT
08-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Damn, you shoulda mentioned this a few days ago. I have a cannister of MuscleMilk thats not being used. Its Vanilla too, so you know tis good.

I'll sell it for 10bucks, cuz i need gas money.

Cmon!

420sx
08-04-2006, 10:54 PM
i use muscle milk as a snack at work when i cant eat. but its overpriced

its great stuff. this is comming from a person who did bodybuilding for last 5 years. im 220 lbs at 5'10 at about 8% body fat.

also great stuff to use :
twinlab whey,
optimum nutriotion whey.

dont use celtek as far as creatine. use Metabolic research creatine. its soo much cheaper and same shit.

SochBAT
08-05-2006, 12:17 AM
^^ i'm suprised you didn't use vodka for your Muscle Milk.

Im tempted just to see how it tastes.

Ghettokracker71
08-05-2006, 12:56 AM
I drink optimum nutrition as well. I also drink twinlab AM/PM forumla,wich the pm has caisian(pm) wich I have noticted really helps muslce recovery

WERDdabuilder
08-05-2006, 03:04 AM
i use optimum. shits bomb.

gotta get my weight gainer back also. gained like 10lbs in like 1 month. lookin at that 150-160.

fromxtor
08-05-2006, 11:27 AM
thanks teh russian & kracker I like getting feedback from ppl who have used these things. I hate waking up here and having muscle pain, it kind of conflicts w/ my job.

Ghettokracker71
08-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Well I still get the mucle pain(duh) but from what I've read(www.bodybuilding.com,has ALOT of articles,forum,and cheap protein like optimum) usually you recover your muscles while you sleep,so it makes sence to take a long lasting one before bedtime,..good luck with the gym stuff

EDIT:just saw the thing about using celtech...pure crap,anything by that company (nitrotech,etc) is pure crap,they are all marketing,overpriced and heavy on the sugar. For creatine I personally like the XIENCE(sp) stuff from GNC,it comes in a little metal can,its not creatine monohydrate so its nonaddicting,and it has nitricoxide in it. The 'fruitpunch' flavor actually tasted good in cold water,take it before you work out,...worked for me,I got my all time biggest on it,plan on going back on it once I am back financially stable

Var
08-05-2006, 03:14 PM
i love MM. i was having it every day for breakfast during cutting, and i still lost plenty of weight. Everyone i know uses it for the great flavor and it does the job too . It is overpriced too . I like Strawberry Banana and Banana Cream.

95zilvia
08-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I used Muscle Milk before, but there's a lot of fat in it.
I never liked it with milk, always with cold water.
If you really want to bulk up, use Cytogainer, or just a straight protein supplement like Optimum Whey Gold before and after workouts.

theicecreamdan
08-05-2006, 04:45 PM
^^ i'm suprised you didn't use vodka for your Muscle Milk.

Im tempted just to see how it tastes.

well... when I start working out next week I'll have to try that out.

ALTRNTV
08-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks guys for the info. Looks like I'll keep using MM.

Cheat, I'll buy it from you after my supply runs out, lol.

AAA240SX
08-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Protein shakes make you fart like a king...yay for protein!

xxsptcuztomsxx
08-06-2006, 04:44 AM
hmm, never knew protein shakes make ya gassy.....that explains my consistant farting problems...lol.....its gotten so bad that my gf knows what my farts smell like....seriously, she can tell if its mine even if theres like 20 people in the room that the turd cloud could have came from...i work at a gym...i should have known this.

back on topic... MM is overpriced and it contains lots of fat and sugar....just stick with good ol whey....at the gym i work at its like 5 bucks for one small carton of MM.... Maybe thats y knowone ever buys it

95zilvia
08-06-2006, 06:12 AM
I used to drink MM 30 mins before a work out, and within 30 mins of finishing a workout, and then 30 mins later, I fart, big ones, non stop every 5 or so minutes, it's so crazy.

SochBAT
08-06-2006, 10:02 PM
4.06 @ 24Hour Fitness. Straight up Robbery.

But they taste good. I remember when i was into the whole "imma get big" competition with every other guy in the club, i was dropping fartbombs over Baghdad all day, everyday.

It felt awesome, but bad at the same time. Silent Killers!

Who wants a free membership?

airsoft
08-07-2006, 12:17 AM
I use this new brand supposedely new I guess...

Syntha-6

anyone else ever try?

www.bsnonline.net

revat619
08-07-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm a gym rat and i've tried a bunch of different proteins and what not. Not because i wanted results uber fast, but because i really wanted to see what worked and what didnt so i basically did my own research on myself.

IMHO, Isopure is one of the best. I use Isopure Mass Dutch Chocolate. With water its like 600 calories and with milk its like 900 something. I always use milk. The thing i like about isopure is that it doesnt have the crazy amounts of cholesterol and like 95% of other weight gainers have. Total cholesterol is 10mg. It also provides all the protein and carbs you need for a post workout meal/shake. I have a shake in the morning and after my workouts, but thats only cuz my metabolism is superfast. But yeah, i use it as my protein shake too so i kill two birds with one stone. I dont use it just as a weight gainer.

The thing with weight gainers is that you have to really pay attention to the ingredients cuz A LOT of them just use fillers, fats, and cholesterols to give you the calories you need. Yes, you need more calories to gain weight, but you need GOOD calories, not just any old calories. I could go on FOREVER about fitness crap. hahahahaha seriously, i hope this helps a little though. :bow:

nistech
08-07-2006, 04:28 AM
MM tastes better then in n out shakes

Edgar
08-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Have you guys ever had Shake a Wheys?

mosill
08-07-2006, 10:42 AM
I also really like muscle milk and loved the flavor compared to most. I also used isopure, which has less other things and more protien, but ist pretty pricey and doesnt taste good. Id say all you need is a couple amino acids like Arginine and glutamine and youll get some nice lean mass. Or at least thats what has worked for me.