PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Cuba After Castro

Gnnr
07-31-2006, 10:12 PM
For those that don't know Cuban Leader Fidel Castro has ceded power to his brother Raul Castro as he is currently hospitalized.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15167175.htm

They're going crazy down here in Miami throwing a party...it like the Heat winning all over again, lol. Turn to Univison or Telemundo they should be show ing it. anyways....

Well, I see it this way. History repeats itself. Once the public figure head is thrown out of power, civil war ensues, and the victor rules the country. In the case of the country I was born (DR), the millitary under the dictator Trujillo split in two. Those for him (and his politics) and those against him, and Civil war broke out. Tujillo ended up dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Trujillo

I think the same will happen in Cuba. There will be those for Castro and his ways, and those against it (who've been hiding out all this time in fear) and will now see this as an opportunity to revolt.

S14DB
07-31-2006, 10:16 PM
he's just going in for surgery. Bushy has done it too.

Dousan_PG
07-31-2006, 10:26 PM
its not the first time fidel has had some surgery
i wouldnt go throwing parties yet
the greedy, rich, and power hungry will return to cuba expecting to get their homes back one day either way.

1Via!
07-31-2006, 11:03 PM
its not the first time fidel has had some surgery
i wouldnt go throwing parties yet
the greedy, rich, and power hungry will return to cuba expecting to get their homes back one day either way.
Blasphemy!!

lol

Should be insteresting to see what comes from this situation.

As much as Castro is not a very democratic leader and has a poor human rights record, I have to question a lot of the politics of the expatriot community in Florida.

Castro definitely has a lot of charisma and a degree of respect from a lot of people around the world for warding off the US for over 50 years.

DrtyRat
07-31-2006, 11:19 PM
Castro definitely has a lot of charisma and a degree of respect from a lot of people around the world for warding off the US for over 50 years.
Funny you should mention that. One of my security gaurds from work told me about and was ecstatic. I mentioned that Castro's bro has the same beliefs as Fidel, but interestingly enough he said that wasn't a big deal. He feels that the thing that has kept Fidel in power for so long is his ability to be a leader, and he feels that his bro doesn't posses the same charisma as Fidel and will not be as successful as him at it. This will def. be a BIG topic here in sunny so. fla.

Dousan_PG
07-31-2006, 11:43 PM
my grandfather visits cuba often. i am cuban as well.
its always been known raul could not manage the country he has NO charism and not nearly as intelligent as Fidel is.

we all know what will REALLY happen
USA will go in and 'help'
americanize it
mcdonalds will come and set up shop.
we get some cheap labor out of it.
we will set up our great perfect government
and they will do our bidding.
i mean it wont be the first, or last time.

Edgar
08-01-2006, 08:41 AM
WTF Aaron you are Cuban didnt know that.
Im from Miami with alot of Cuban in the family and from what I have heard
his brother is as bad as him.
I havent been to Cuba but my uncle told me its not to pretty like it use to be back in the day.
Fidel is intelligent indeed.

Lets see what happends but I hope for the best for all my Cuban friends and family.

HIALEAH!!!!!!!

YucA
08-01-2006, 09:03 AM
people are getting too excited. people were honking in the streets like idiots. i dont think Castro is done. You are all right about his brother, he isnt as charismatic and whatnot how Fidel is, but he is still intelligent and im sure they arent going into this situation completely blind.

On an extreme thought, you could see this as a plot organized by Fidel and hiscampaign to have a glimpse of what the situation may be like when he really does renounce, so they can be better prepared... I know i know, doubt this is the case, but you never know with cats like him...

shayrgob240
08-01-2006, 09:44 AM
its always been known raul could not manage the country he has NO charism and not nearly as intelligent as Fidel is.

americanize it

haha, this wouldn't surprise me at all. You can find mcdonalds pretty much anywhere now. It sort of sucks b/c you go to visit some unkown and unchartered land (to you) and then you see american shit. I'm just like wtf

WilloW
08-01-2006, 10:32 AM

americanize it
May be the mob will come back.

S14DB
08-01-2006, 10:42 AM
I won't party till I get some decent cigars out of the deal.

Edgar
08-01-2006, 10:44 AM
I won't party till I get some decent cigars out of the deal.

come on over for poker night lol :rawk:

MegasquirtCA
08-03-2006, 09:29 AM
eh not to fond of cubans, they speak bad spanish like puerto ricans. But anyways death to fidel.

wootwoot
08-04-2006, 12:15 PM
^^^^^ wtf???...You stfu you joker.

S14DB
08-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Who's down for Bay of Pigs 2K6?

MegasquirtCA
08-04-2006, 03:10 PM
^^^^^ wtf???...You stfu you joker.

What its so true thats almost become a fact. Puerto Rico and Cuba are on the bottom of the list when it comes to countries that can speak proper spanish. I despise going down to Miami and having to speak spanish with cubans, I'd rather they speak to me in broken english.

Gnnr
08-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Hey, let me give you a big FUCK YOU for that statement. I'm guessing you're from some central or south american country where they speak all "proper". Dickhead. I want to know what proper spanish is? Spain's spanish? I guess we should be talking english like the British then?

S14DB
08-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Castilian FTW!

MegasquirtCA
08-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey, let me give you a big FUCK YOU for that statement. I'm guessing you're from some central or south american country where they speak all "proper". Dickhead. I want to know what proper spanish is? Spain's spanish? I guess we should be talking english like the British then?

thanks for proving my point, sadly cubans give hispanics a bad name. Yes their actually is a difference between proper spanish and ghetto cuban spanish. Where I'm from is not the question, its how bad cubans speak spanish. I sometimes want to throw up because of the way they talk.

Back to the topic I dont know why some of you idiots are celebrating, until the man is dead or a revolution happened over night than theirs no reason to say Viva La Cuba.

Only the hand of god can save that country and right now he has his back turned. Embrace the Dollar bill.

Gnnr
08-08-2006, 02:25 PM
thanks for proving my point

And how exactly did I do that? (HINT HINT: I'm not Cuban or Puerto Rican) :rolleyes:.

Edgar
08-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Spanish is Spanish diffrent dialects (sp)
Anyways you know how Cubans in general over exagerate about everything lol

Gnnr
08-08-2006, 10:51 PM
This is the negative rep I got from I wonder who. :rolleyes:

"Your an idiot, accept cubans are fucking retarded, ya"

No. I wont accept a ignorant, racist, and stereotypical idea you bigot.

iwishiwas-all*
08-08-2006, 11:47 PM
en los estados unidos, hablamos ingles pendeho.
thats what u say when u cant understand what anyone says here in miami.

and honestly i dont see anything different happening in cuba, different guy same story, dont expect america to go in there, and dont expect bay of pigs 2k6,
if anything happens it will be done by paramilitaries there in cuba and from what i know about living in south florida for 12+ years, they will be nutoriously late for their own revolution.

DrtyRat
08-09-2006, 08:40 AM
.... and from what i know about living in south florida for 12+ years, they will be nutoriously late for their own revolution.
While I've found alot of what was posted about cubans/puerto ricans offensive (I'm a Rican)...this part of the post is way too true not to be funny.

DrtyRat
08-09-2006, 08:44 AM
This is the negative rep I got from I wonder who. :rolleyes:

"Your an idiot, accept cubans are fucking retarded, ya"

No. I wont accept a ignorant, racist, and stereotypical idea you bigot.

I believe that he has every right to spew his "ignorant, racist, and stereotypical idea(s)"....however, I got a cafe con leche & tostada that says he won't go to little havannah and say that...:rl: