PDA

View Full Version : WHERE do i go/WHAT do i do in EUROPE!?!?

gotta240
07-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Alright...I'm calling on you guys for some emergency advice/ideas!!!

I'm leaving for europe in less than 72 hours and i have NO CLUE what i'm going to be doing for the first week of the trip!!!!

AFTER the first week i'm going to Munich, Milan ITaly, Venice Italy, Florence Italy, Paris France, and Amsterdam.

SO...Other than the above places, where should i go for the FIRST WEEK in Europe!?! Who's been there? Any advice/tips of what to do/not to do/bring/not bring?

240Driver39
07-29-2006, 08:26 PM
I would say to try and get to the southern coast of france...i was there for a month last summer, and i loved the atmosphere, the beaches, everything about it.

SiI40sx
07-29-2006, 08:30 PM
dude get the fuck out before hostel gets ur ass!

TipStylez
07-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Visit their junkyards!.

TAMTANIUM
07-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Amsterdam is the best place ever. That place is really fun to walk around. If you're close to Germany, visit the nurburgring* <-- spelling race track. I'm sure you will find a lot of stuff to do fast when you arrive. Europe is a lot different than America. It's chill and relax over there. Food are expensive in Germany, but so damn cheap in Holand. You can get really good food at a nice restaurant for like $3-$4 .My advise to you is when you see those girls standing outside on a country road. Don't pull over and think they need a ride! They're hooker! hahaha =] yeah Europe is fun. Who do you know over there and are you going by yourself? Oh and make sure you try out Holand sandwich. Those are the best best sandwich ever. I ate them while in Germany.

alexchanman
07-29-2006, 09:19 PM
go to autobahn raceway!!!!

S14DB
07-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Camp along the 'ring.

gotta240
07-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Tamtainium- great advice. thank you VERY much.

s14db- can you please be a lil more specific? what/where is the 'ring'?

I'm going ALONE for the first week. I leave in 24 hours, i haven't STARTED packing, i know NOTHING about Europe, i cant even picture where it is on a map!! I know i'm an idiot for not researching this, but I have been SUPER BUSY and so now i'm asking for your guys help......

Has anyone stayed in hostles overthere? Any tips? how much are they usually? what kind of people do you usually see there?

whats good to eat?

What history is there?

WHERE DO I GO??!?! HELP!

Irukandji
07-29-2006, 11:46 PM
go to autobahn raceway!!!!

Autobahn isn't a raceway, it's a public road.

SimpleS14
07-29-2006, 11:51 PM
Go to a "Gentlemen's Club" in Germany.....

S14DB
07-30-2006, 12:15 AM
newb: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCrburgring

SilviaNinja240
07-30-2006, 12:21 AM
yea, I'd suggest renting a car in Germany and enjoying the roads
also, I know you can rent classic cars in Italy for a resonable price. It would be a good way to enjoy the countryside

also, is this your vacation? or a business trip? If its your vacation, i'm curious why you didn't research anything? If I was going to all these places, I'd be stoked and counting down the minutes, all the while reading up on them.
At any rate, I would highly recomend you pick up a "lonely planet guide book" to these certain countries. Many people I know highly recomend them, and I've looked at a few, and they have lots of useful tips.

gotta240
07-30-2006, 12:46 AM
yes its vacation- i know i shoulda researched but i've been super busy. I also recently got back from a 2 week vacation to the east coast.

Does anyone know if a "sports car" can be rented near the autobahn? that would be cool...

SilviaNinja240
07-30-2006, 01:47 AM
check out google, i'm sure there are TONS of places to rent cars in Germany. I know that you can rent ferraris, porsche, etc.. but they are pretty pricey

also VERY important, if you are driving overseas for travel.. get a IDP from AAA. Otherwise you probably won't be able to drive overseas

s14xman
07-30-2006, 08:24 AM
go check out the Manchester United football team! haha

e1_griego
07-30-2006, 12:42 PM
What city are you flying into?

Alex

Ghettokracker71
07-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Sweet! Well unfortunately I don't know shit about europe myself other than have a good fucking time and post some pics when you get back for us broke crackers that can't afford to go :(