PDA

View Full Version : SoCAL shops got cash but no shop =/

fwuffy squirrel
07-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey guys im looking for a good shop in socal. Ive found 1 really good one but the labor costs are so high. I know labor is usually high but I need quite a few things on my car and I really dont want to pay $1000 for 1-2 days of work. I mean I would love to pay that If I had it but I just cant get that kind of money lol. and my car is currently down because of the wireing, my brake lights dont work which is really bad. Anyway if anyone knows of any shops around here that have a slightly lower labor cost then please share the info. Here is the massive list of stuff I need/would like done

1. Replace intake manifold back to stock (Got the stock one)
2. Replace Maf (Already have the Maf)
3. Adjust my coilovers and realign my car (another guy put them on wrong)
4. Fix my non-working brake lights (small wireing problem)
5. A small peice of my molding is comeing off need to fix that
6. Front bumper lights and blinker lights need to be installed (Have the lights)
7. My hood is rattleing I think I need some rubber peices for the front
8. Wing install
9. I need A/F, Boost, and water temp gauges installed (need to buy guage pod but have guages)
10. Install a Downpipe and Testpipe (get that cat outa here lol)
11. and the rest is just tuneup I need every fluid out of the car and put some good fluids in there.
12. Change some cracking hoses fuel lines and some vacume hoses he put in there
13. New coil pack
14. And lastly I think there is something wrong with my rotors checking those would be good lol.

My car is in pretty good condition externally but its just all the small stuff that s killing me. As for money I could get more its Just that I dont want to spend everything on the first 4 things. You know just looking around for prices anyway thx in advance guys. And if anyone has a shop close to La Puente 91744 then just pm me or reply and I will definitely check it out.

Havok
07-29-2006, 10:16 PM
all most all of those things are basic and can be done by yourself. Saves you TONES of money.

fwuffy squirrel
07-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Man my friend does all this and I can do some of it too but its just a matter of ordering parts like hoses and gaskets from nissan and tools. We have no tools =/
i could do the maf
coilovers cant realign the car myself and we dont have the tools the coilovers are suppost to come with.
electrical and guages I dont want to touch at all
and most of the other stuff we dont have lifts to do it. Lifts are really important when working under the car and I dont even want to attempt it with jacks
yea sucks for me

crazy9ceguy
07-29-2006, 11:22 PM
u got PM.....................

94cc0rd
07-30-2006, 12:40 AM
crazy9ceguy: if you know of a good shop that does good honest work for a good price, let me in on the secret too!! :)

Ricks15
07-30-2006, 01:00 AM
I had the same question too but I need work to be done on the suspension, but too many shops charge a arm and a leg just for damn installs.

ohnobigtdawg
07-30-2006, 01:48 AM
tell you the truth, i think i have the most fun fixing my car myself and being proud of what i did rather than having some else doing them for me. plus you learn lots about your car once you start experimenting and it gets addictting in a weird sort of way. even ordering parts was fun for me cause you can actually see the new parts going into your car. there are tons of information and i think everything is covered in your list of ''to do'' in these forums.

i mean if you have the time i say fix it yourself, buy some basic tools and a jack. learn some new things and get to know what your driving, and save yourself lots of money in the long run.. but if time is a factor and you daily drive your car this may not be an option. but imo i think this is really make you love what you drive and appreciate it more..

fwuffy squirrel
07-30-2006, 03:13 PM
I do fix most things on my car but now that its actually nice Im really afraid. Like I put the steering wheel and hub on myself which took my like 3 hours man Im so proud of that lol. And I put in my Seat bracket, seat, and takata harness in and that made me feel really good. But anyting I cant handle like drilling, welding, wireing, or removing panels or cutting I would never do myself. I know for a fact I will ruin something BIG haha I just dont want my car to RIP just yet cause I havent had fun with it yet. But no worries when 9ceguy's friend is fixing my car you bet I will be right there asking him about wireing harnesses and why/how hes doing that =)
And yea you are def right about doing the work youself. Hopefully soon I will be able too just getting over the first mod and being so scared was the hardest part.

Zero_SX
07-30-2006, 10:45 PM
if you dont have the tools, why don't you spend the money on a good set of tools? then no worries and less wasted $$

ONYX S-13
08-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Good point.. You'll end up saving in the long run.. I feel you on the whole wiring/cutting/welding suff though.. I get too intimidated to do all that by myself.. Heck I won't even install my SAFC-ii myself even though it's like 5/6 wires...

fwuffy squirrel
08-01-2006, 12:13 PM
haha we were thinking about that me and my friend so we made an agreement. After 9ceguy helps me out by fixing my major stuff, everything else that comes out were gana do outself. My friend will teach me what I need to know and do all the work I cant and as a form of payment Im gana buy him the tools he wants/needs. its a win/win

anyway I got a cf sparkplug cover today, so to max out my mechanic skills im gana install that AND im gana do the sleepy eyes mod today where I cut a brown wire. Damn im quite the mechanic/modder

Speed Motoring
08-01-2006, 12:59 PM
haha good job Shawn. Go invest in a tools box, and next thing you know you will be fixing your car. Send me a picture when you finished with the cf spark plug cover.

JDM Junkyard
08-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Racetoy's specializes in Toyotas, but they also do a lot of Nissans. usually busy buy you can hit them up. Located on Diamond Bar Blvd and the 60 freeway at the Shell station. #909-861-3307, ask for Ray he's the owner, and is available on Monday's mainly.

A Spec Products
08-02-2006, 03:28 PM
go to C Tune in Walnut for the performance stuff

www.ctuneracing.com

ask for randy, tell him logan @ aspec referred u

go to JC Autohouse for the alignment

9237 Lower Azusa Road, Unit O
Temple City 91780
626-287-7781

for gauges just go buy soldering iron and go to town!

slider2828
08-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Tools, go to craigslist and buy it and just shop for the tools. Even look at sears or amazon for tool sales. Secondly all that stuff is pretty easy but takes time and for a shop to do all that I think it will definitely cost more than a grand for that. If you in norcal, I would have hooked you up with my buddy who runs a shop, really good guy and the only guy I trust on my car except myself. Good Luck