PDA

View Full Version : Is this the start of WW3?

Edgar
07-27-2006, 12:38 PM
ww3-WORLD WAR 3

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/27/zawahiri.ap/index.html

Toughts?

iRun
07-27-2006, 12:49 PM
yes. i believe so. theyre gonna band with N. korea and bomb us all!

Jung918
07-27-2006, 01:15 PM
I hope so. I want to be recalled.

sncs14
07-27-2006, 02:09 PM
I hope so. I want to be recalled.
Not funny. Regardless of how it was meant.

CaoBoY
07-27-2006, 02:48 PM
how do you know he doesnt want to go to war? maybe he likes the action?

drift-it
07-27-2006, 04:46 PM
This shit really scares me. I hate the thought of nuclear war.

tacotacotaco
07-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Everything i have feared is coming true! Seriously tho its only going to get bigger.

Helghast
07-27-2006, 04:55 PM
This war is about to escalate.

and the fact that N. Korea has more nukes than we can imagine, it's gonna get ugly.

60+ years since the last WW..it's due.

tacotacotaco
07-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Im should cut the trunk off my fastback mount a 50 caliber and start armor plating it. All the zilvia people can join me on the so cal beaches to fight back the invasion. But seriously. I pray it doesnt get to crazy. Its hard to imagine or even really relate to whats going on for the people in that area.

Edgar
07-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Well boys im working on the huge Zilvia Bus. It will be departing son South of the border. Nothing but metal to listen to and all the beer and tequila we can drink.

On a serious note. I really dont think a nuclear war will happend in our life time for many reasons.

Rkesh88
07-27-2006, 07:24 PM
the possibility is pretty high in my opinion, the way thigns are looking in south asia with india and pakistan it looks like there might be a hint of somethign there cause of the disputed with land. and all it will take one country to nuke the other. things are escalating there after that incident in india not to long ago. remeber this, "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-- Albert Einstein. he knew it...

Jung918
07-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Not funny. Regardless of how it was meant.

It wasn't meant to be funny. I really do want to go.

anthony240
07-27-2006, 07:33 PM
man, I have muslim friends, and feel sorry because these Al-Queda idiots drag religion into this, and not everybody shares their damn opinion!

History channel has been showing a lot of Apocalypse documentaries, and I don't really care if it starts tomorow, people are just fuckin stupid. We should just do it like mammals on the discovery channel.

TheSquidd
07-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Well boys im working on the huge Zilvia Bus. It will be departing son South of the border. Nothing but metal to listen to and all the beer and tequila we can drink.

On a serious note. I really dont think a nuclear war will happend in our life time for many reasons.

Count me in. I've got so much metal your face will melt at the sheer sight of it. Plus, I wouldn't mind bringing the spare change I have in my account and living off tequila and beach tacos for teh rest of my life in good ol Mexico.

midnight zenki
07-27-2006, 07:53 PM
It has already been said by some that we are currently engaged in WW3 already. By this I mean that the war on terrorism has already involved countries across the globe (Phillipines, U.S., Europe, Mid East, India, etc) and attacks have been present there as well. The reality of the situation is that this new war most likely will not involve actual countries against one another or at least until the very deep stages of the war. The situation with Israel is a proxy war (U.S. and Israel Vs. Syria and Iran) being funded by the aformentioned countries and fought by terrorist factions for the Muslim countries and eagerly watched by Al-Qaeda. As for N. Korea, they just want recognition in the global realm and further power, the likelihood that they would engage in a nuclear war is minimal as that would be the least benificial means to gain recognition and achieve his totalitarian goals.

SimpleS14
07-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Yes alot of things are taking place in many parts of the world...and it really takes three countries to fight each other to start a World War. I'm not afraid to die....but instead I'm afraid of how.

You would think that people would take a look at history and realize certain actions shouldn't be taken.

All I can think about now is Chernobyl and how I never want to witness something like that happen anywhere.

shayrgob240
07-27-2006, 08:07 PM
man, I have muslim friends, and feel sorry because these Al-Queda idiots drag religion into this, and not everybody shares their damn opinion!

History channel has been showing a lot of Apocalypse documentaries, and I don't really care if it starts tomorow, people are just fuckin stupid. We should just do it like mammals on the discovery channel.

Salam

I appreciate the fact that you even care; it is truly rare to see people who sort of understand the situation. Many muslims don't even know who the hell Zawahiri is and most (99.99%) of muslims do not remotely think that he represents muslims. He does not represent anyone except for himself. The same goes for Osama (that SOB). I truly hate these guys w/ all my heart (I'm a muslim btw). They don't understand their religion and really should be put in prision for their sick ideas. They think that everyone is their enemy (including civilians), which is obviosly wrong.

Now back to the topic on hand. Israel has huge problems and nobody can deny this fact. Hezbollah only took 2 israeli soldiers and now 600 innocent lebanese are dead and their homes ruined, wtf?!?!? And on top of that, they just killed 4 UN people based in S. Lebanon. The UN workers repeatedly told Israel of their position and told them to stop shelling so close to their base. They told them a # of 12 times before they died. What is wrong w/ Israel? My arab relatives have always spoken of how bad Israel is but now I finally see what they're talking about. If I had the chance, I would fight against Israel for their transgression against innocent people. I would fight them not b/c I'm a muslim or arab, but b/c I wish for the protection of innocent people. If some foreign country attacked our soil, I would probably join the army willingly to fight off the aggressor.

PITCH
07-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately the fighting in the Middle East will never cease. There will always be conflict.:-/ It's bibilical prophsey.

midnight zenki
07-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Salam

I appreciate the fact that you even care; it is truly rare to see people who sort of understand the situation. Many muslims don't even know who the hell Zawahiri is and most (99.99%) of muslims do not remotely think that he represents muslims. He does not represent anyone except for himself. The same goes for Osama (that SOB). I truly hate these guys w/ all my heart (I'm a muslim btw). They don't understand their religion and really should be put in prision for their sick ideas. They think that everyone is their enemy (including civilians), which is obviosly wrong.

Now back to the topic on hand. Israel has huge problems and nobody can deny this fact. Hezbollah only took 2 israeli soldiers and now 600 innocent lebanese are dead and their homes ruined, wtf?!?!? And on top of that, they just killed 4 UN people based in S. Lebanon. The UN workers repeatedly told Israel of their position and told them to stop shelling so close to their base. They told them a # of 12 times before they died. What is wrong w/ Israel? My arab relatives have always spoken of how bad Israel is but now I finally see what they're talking about. If I had the chance, I would fight against Israel for their transgression against innocent people. I would fight them not b/c I'm a muslim or arab, but b/c I wish for the protection of innocent people. If some foreign country attacked our soil, I would probably join the army willingly to fight off the aggressor.

with all due respect, if you know damn well that a country like Israel is capable of wiping out numerous countries army's in only six days wouldn't you be more willing to enlist and fight the terrorist facitons that initaited this conflict and operate with in your "peace" loving country. Seriously, Hezbollah and Hamas have vowed to wipe the Israelis of the face of the earth. If you truly are a moderate Muslim or even a moderate supporter of Islam in general you would want the extremist groups silenced, these groups put those civillians in jepordy by their geurilla tactics motivated by and funded by hatred and outside country's. Some one has to stand up and be the bigger man and if you truly are virtous it would be you or the moderate Muslims in order to show that you are genuine in your pleadge to a peacful religion.

On a side note if Osam Bin Laden was hiding in a densly populated Afgahn apartment building do you think we would even hesitate for a second to bomb the shit out of that building? Israel is a country that can be reasonably dealt with Hezbollah and Hamas however cannot, they prove this time and time again, silence the exremists and help to end your own suffering.

shayrgob240
07-27-2006, 08:39 PM
with all due respect, if you know damn well that a country like Israel is capable of wiping out numerous countries army's in only six days wouldn't you be more willing to enlist and fight the terrorist facitons that initaited this conflict and operate with in your "peace" loving country. Seriously, Hezbollah and Hamas have vowed to wipe the Israelis of the face of the earth. If you truly are a moderate Muslim or even a moderate supporter of Islam in general you would want the extremist groups silenced, these groups put those civillians in jepordy by their geurilla tactics motivated by and funded by hatred and outside country's. Some one has to stand up and be the bigger man and if you truly are virtous it would be you or the moderate Muslims in order to show that you are genuine in your pleadge to a peacful religion.

No, I would be more willing to fight Israel without a doubt. They started the agression since day 1 in Palestine. Obviously you don't know the history of the region. How would u feel if someone came to your house right now, knocked it down, with you inside of it or outside of it? Would u be happy? Is that right? no. They have been illegally occupying the palestinians land for almost 60 years, have disregarded MANY UN resolutions, and now are killing civilians in Lebanon. So realistically, Israel is the terrororist and should be fought.

HaLo
07-27-2006, 08:47 PM
i hate these threads. us muslims are always at fault according to you. terrorism = our fault. israel wipes out civilians = our fault for not keeping our extremists under leash.

ugh.

give me a break.

ICKY
07-27-2006, 09:10 PM
I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this, but I say let Israel do what they want and we should just butt out of the Middle East. Except for Iraq since we're already there, and changing things for the better there. Another suggestion is that we (United States) should quit being a bunch of pussies and show our true military might and exersize it against terrorist organizations without remorse. Like the saying: "Fight fire with fire", well, fight terrorism with terrorism.

midnight zenki
07-27-2006, 09:34 PM
i hate these threads. us muslims are always at fault according to you. terrorism = our fault. israel wipes out civilians = our fault for not keeping our extremists under leash.

ugh.

give me a break.

My intentions aren't to hijack this thread with xenophobia, however we all must play a role in order to create a meaningful peace and my previous suggestion is one form in which those moderate Muslims can do so. You fail to distinguish the difference between extremists and moderates that represent the true meaning of Islam, your lack of recognition is a another key component in terrorism; ignorance. You also fail to acknowledge the numerous civillians which are the sole target and key component in these recent attacks as well as the proud palestinian suicide bombings. At least Isreal targets actual threats, not civillians as Hamas and Hezbollah do. Civillian casualties are inevitable, you act like Muslim civillians are the only ones to have ever died in a war, welcome to reality, its not pretty but it happens.

To shayrgob240;
check your history, the Hebrews were there since the beggining, i.e. the bible (you=fail). Palestine has never been an established country or region and if the palestinians would learn to value the lives of thier children a little higher and get some brains and stop using them to think of better suicide bombs they would have an established land by now.

The only way to halt the impending and ongoing global conflict is throught the resolution of poverty and percieved injustices. This requires concesions on both sides as well as cesation of hostilities no matter who "started it first", either way either the Jews or the Muslims have to stand up and say I am better than this and I want better than this for my children. It just so happens that the Jews have been nearly annihalated twice and I can't blame them for not sitting idly bye when some conglomoration of hate mongoring terrorist and country's try to do it again. If you didn't learn the first x numbers of times you, can't fuck with Israel and you deserve what you get.

P.S. I have no religious affiliation I only state the facts.

ryan hagen
07-27-2006, 09:44 PM
fight fire with fire only makes more fire, we cant keep doing this, at some point we need to switch to bio diesel and e-85 and stay out of that region. we dont touch what goes on in africa because there is nothing we want. but the middle east and its oil, we are all over it. 2 religions that have more incomon than most people think and we fight over the same land, i just "kingdom of heaven" dont fight for these walls, but fight for the people inside, oh well it was something like that, but joining terrrorists to fight a country excessively protecting its self isnt going to help any one. there are just alot of people in the world that could use a better hobbie, we need about 10,000 s13's to be dropped into the middle east, and about 5000 sqaure miles of pavment, every body would be happier, till the honda guys rise up.

I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this, but I say let Israel do what they want and we should just butt out of the Middle East. Except for Iraq since we're already there, and changing things for the better there. Another suggestion is that we (United States) should quit being a bunch of pussies and show our true military might and exersize it against terrorist organizations without remorse. Like the saying: "Fight fire with fire", well, fight terrorism with terrorism.

ryan hagen
07-27-2006, 09:50 PM
[
terrorist and country's try to do it again. If you didn't learn the first x numbers of times you, can't fuck with Israel and you deserve what you get.

P.S. I have no religious affiliation I only state the facts.[/QUOTE]

i think Israel, who we armed basically, i think they could take a pretty big chunk out of the USA, doubt they ever would but theyd hurt us worse than russia and many other larger countries. but every time they have been attacked they dominated their foes. they have some of the highest technology out there, some better than ours.

BOROSUN
07-27-2006, 10:36 PM
bah better tech...
from wikipedia

israel forces
Current
[edit]
Fighter
McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle Baz 2000
Arie
Israel Aircraft Industries Kfir
Israel Aircraft Industries Nesher
Nesher fighter jet (upgraded Mirage V)
Kfir fighter jet (upgraded and improved Mirage V)
Nammer fighter jet
Lavi fighter jet (original design, prototype flown but project cancelled due to cost)
Arava STOL medium transport aircraft
Mazlat (UAV) - unmanned small aerial vehicle
Boeing F15L
Lockheed F16I
Socata TB-20 Trinidad (Hebrew nickname: `Pashosh` (`Warbler`))
Raytheon A36 Bonanza(Hebrew nickname: `Hofit` (Stint))
Beechcraft King Air
Israel Aircraft Industries `Tzukit
GROB G-120A (Hebrew nickname: `Snunit` (`Swallow`))
Israel Aircraft Industries `Searcher` / `Searcher 2
Kurnas 2000- F4 Phantom
[edit]
Helicopters
Aerospatiale HH-65A (Hebrew nickname: `Dolphin)
Boeing AH-64 Apache (Hebrew nickname: `Peten` (`Adder`), `Saraph`)
Eurocopter AS-565 Panther (Hebrew nickname: `Atalef` (`Bat`))
Sikorsky Aircraft UH-60 Black Hawk (Hebrew nickname: `Yanshuf` (`Owl`))
Yas'ur 2000
[edit]
Captured Aircraft
Fairchild F24R Argus
Benes Mraz Sokol
Heliopolis Gumhuria
Yakovlev Yak-11
Mikoyan MiG-17 Fresco
Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-21 "Fishbed"
Mil Mi-8 `Hip`
Mikoyan MiG-23 Flogger
Aerospatiale SA-342 Gazelle
[edit]
Anti-Aircraft Systems
Raytheon MIM-104 Patriot
Israel Aircraft Industries `Racquet` (`Machbet`)
General Dynamics Stinger
Israel Aircraft Industries `Arrow` (`Hetz`)
[edit]
Space
Shavit - satellite launch system
OFEQ (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) satellites
AMOS 1, 2 satellites
EROS satellite

china got better tech.
plus they wont even see our planes.

ryan hagen
07-27-2006, 10:42 PM
we use f16 and f15, they have been showing alot of falcon stuff on cnn, so do they, the joint strike fighter? are we even using it yet or still in training? they use laser and other optics as much as we do, and if you think they disclose every thing they have ur nuts, cause we sure dont.

BOROSUN
07-27-2006, 11:11 PM
the f35?...we are using it but it wont be introduce 4-5yrs from now and replace the f16 falcons

we already using the f22 which replaces the f15 eagle

fliprayzin240sx
07-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Iono what else to tell you guys as far as the whole Israel thing. I mean at this point, its just a vicious cycle that seems to have absolutely no end. What people need to realize at this point is that the "struggle" against Israel isnt going to amount much other than a harassment, Israel will just turn around and use that as a justification to do what they are doing now in S. Lebanon. If somehow people will just leave well enough alone...maybe just maybe things will stabilize and things will get better in the region. I think the last year or so, Israel was trying to turn things around. They pulled out of the west bank and gaza for the most part...to me that was a sign of positive things to come. Sign that they were somewhat compromising.

HalveBlue
07-28-2006, 12:26 PM
The problem many people overlook is that Israel and its neighbors have significant power wielding factions that take an absolutist stance on the issue of territory.

Hamas and Hezbollah have public stated that their goal is to drive Israel into the sea. On the Israeli side there is a significant group of people who will never accede to give Israeli territory to Palestinians or Arabs, or anyone else for that matter. These groups will never compromise.

Unfortunately, policy in this region is guided by radicals, on both sides. It's never the silent majority that sets the agenda, because, for the most part, they just want to get on with their lives and make a decent living. Radicals on the other hand are so committed to their causes that they mobilize every asset they can to achieve them.

In my opinion, regardless of whether or not the creation of Israel was justified or not, the Palestinians should work towards integration into Israeli society - and Israelis, for their part, should work towards accepting Palestinians into their society.

So many Palestinians are focused on the creation of a Palestinian state that they have no idea what kind of direction such a state should follow. Should it follow the path of a liberal democracy? A theocracy like in Iran?

Even if there was a Palestinian state there would be enough internal strife and disagreement to cause a civil war within such a state.

For what it's worth, Israel is the closest thing to a democracy the region has ever seen. And it also has the least wealth disparity between those in power and the general society.

That having been said, the situation in Lebanon is tremendously complex, even without the current events between Hezbollah and Israel. The country has been subject to internal conflict almost since its inception post World War II.

One more thing to think about, how would you feel if a small established party from Mexico started sending rockets into San Diego and started kidnapping American soldiers? And what if it had been doing this for decades? All under the guise of reclaiming territory that once belonged to Mexico.

Something to think about.

Sean1978
07-28-2006, 01:01 PM
from the CNN site:
Al Qaeda: War with Israel is 'jihad'

Is this new news? I have been in the Marines for 9 years and I think you would have to be an idiot not to see they Al Qaeda declares 'jijad' on everyone who disagrees with them. I don't think it's world war 3, this is world war 0. It's always been around and it probably always will..

shayrgob240
07-28-2006, 02:23 PM
My intentions aren't to hijack this thread with xenophobia, however we all must play a role in order to create a meaningful peace and my previous suggestion is one form in which those moderate Muslims can do so. You fail to distinguish the difference between extremists and moderates that represent the true meaning of Islam, your lack of recognition is a another key component in terrorism; ignorance. You also fail to acknowledge the numerous civillians which are the sole target and key component in these recent attacks as well as the proud palestinian suicide bombings. At least Isreal targets actual threats, not civillians as Hamas and Hezbollah do. Civillian casualties are inevitable, you act like Muslim civillians are the only ones to have ever died in a war, welcome to reality, its not pretty but it happens.

To shayrgob240;
check your history, the Hebrews were there since the beggining, i.e. the bible (you=fail). Palestine has never been an established country or region and if the palestinians would learn to value the lives of thier children a little higher and get some brains and stop using them to think of better suicide bombs they would have an established land by now.

The only way to halt the impending and ongoing global conflict is throught the resolution of poverty and percieved injustices. This requires concesions on both sides as well as cesation of hostilities no matter who "started it first", either way either the Jews or the Muslims have to stand up and say I am better than this and I want better than this for my children. It just so happens that the Jews have been nearly annihalated twice and I can't blame them for not sitting idly bye when some conglomoration of hate mongoring terrorist and country's try to do it again. If you didn't learn the first x numbers of times you, can't fuck with Israel and you deserve what you get.

P.S. I have no religious affiliation I only state the facts.

wow! I don't know where you have come up w/ your conclusions but they are completely false.

1) You said that I "fail to distinguish the difference between extremists and moderates that represent the true meaning of Islam"

How exactly do I fail at this and why do you think that this is the case? I stated that zawahari was NOT a representative of Islam. I made that very clear. So I did not "fail" at this. And if I had to choose a representative, it would be Hamza Yusuf.

2) You said "At least Isreal targets actual threats, not civillians as Hamas and Hezbollah do."

Is this a joke? Are u really serious? Are you blind to see what Israel has been targeting for the past 2 weeks? Let me tell you buddy, Israel has been targeting CIVILIANS including men, women, and children. And like I said, they recently killed 4 UN people based in S. Lebanon. So you really have things backwards with what is going on right now.

3) You said "Civillian casualties are inevitable, you act like Muslim civillians are the only ones to have ever died in a war, welcome to reality, its not pretty but it happens."

I completely understand that in some cases, a couple civilians may ACCIDENTALLY be killed. But Israel is deliberately dropping bombs on civilian targets. It's not war, it is terrorism in every sense. Let me give you the dictionary definition of terrrorism from dictionary.com -->

"The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons."

And let me add my own definition: "The unlawful use of force against civilians who have nothing to do with war"

Just like on September 11th, the Lebanese are facing the same dillema. They are being killed unjustly, just as those on sep. 11th have been killed unjustly for no good reason. Just because some nations choose to terrorize people and kill them unjustly, does not mean it's right. If Israel was really concerned about establishing what it truly wants, then it would target the military (or more specifically Hezbollah).

4) You said: "check your history, the Hebrews were there since the beggining, i.e. the bible (you=fail)."

I fail? How do I fail? I know that the Hebrews existed there; that is FACT, not an opinion. So please, don't tell others that they have failed based on what you THINK and not on what you KNOW. But the fact is that the jewish population before '48 was very minimal compared to the muslim population. Then out of nowhere the Israeli state pops up which did not exist before '48.

midnight zenki
07-28-2006, 04:15 PM
wow! I don't know where you have come up w/ your conclusions but they are completely false.

1) You said that I "fail to distinguish the difference between extremists and moderates that represent the true meaning of Islam"

How exactly do I fail at this and why do you think that this is the case? I stated that zawahari was NOT a representative of Islam. I made that very clear. So I did not "fail" at this. And if I had to choose a representative, it would be Hamza Yusuf.

2) You said "At least Isreal targets actual threats, not civillians as Hamas and Hezbollah do."

Is this a joke? Are u really serious? Are you blind to see what Israel has been targeting for the past 2 weeks? Let me tell you buddy, Israel has been targeting CIVILIANS including men, women, and children. And like I said, they recently killed 4 UN people based in S. Lebanon. So you really have things backwards with what is going on right now.

3) You said "Civillian casualties are inevitable, you act like Muslim civillians are the only ones to have ever died in a war, welcome to reality, its not pretty but it happens."

I completely understand that in some cases, a couple civilians may ACCIDENTALLY be killed. But Israel is deliberately dropping bombs on civilian targets. It's not war, it is terrorism in every sense. Let me give you the dictionary definition of terrrorism from dictionary.com -->

"The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons."

And let me add my own definition: "The unlawful use of force against civilians who have nothing to do with war"

Just like on September 11th, the Lebanese are facing the same dillema. They are being killed unjustly, just as those on sep. 11th have been killed unjustly for no good reason. Just because some nations choose to terrorize people and kill them unjustly, does not mean it's right. If Israel was really concerned about establishing what it truly wants, then it would target the military (or more specifically Hezbollah).

4) You said: "check your history, the Hebrews were there since the beggining, i.e. the bible (you=fail)."

I fail? How do I fail? I know that the Hebrews existed there; that is FACT, not an opinion. So please, don't tell others that they have failed based on what you THINK and not on what you KNOW. But the fact is that the jewish population before '48 was very minimal compared to the muslim population. Then out of nowhere the Israeli state pops up which did not exist before '48.

First of all, you don't distinguish the difference because you stated that you would want fight against Israel if givin the chance. Well you see, those fighting Israel right now are terrorists, you claim to be moderate yet openly state you would fight against Israel. I dont give a shit about Zawahri and those clowns I am talking about Hezbollah and Hamas.

Second, I obvuisly know my history because the jews were thier before any incling of a claim to a palestinian land existed this equates to the beggining of the conflict and again you fail:bigok:. Wait to contradict yourself in the last paragraph please read it out loud to yourself repeadelty and youll hear how contradictory it is.

I also love how you evoked 9/11, way to go President Bush, this has nothing to do with that, not even in the most remote fashion. These people that are being attacked are the terrorists, they hide in civillian populations and attempt to gain sympathy when those around them which they claim to be protecting die as a result of thier cowardace. Again their actions lead to the death of the trulu innocent civillians that unfortunatley inhabit the same space as the terrorists. These arab and "muslim" terrorists continualy kill specificly civillians under the guise of religion and spread their diseased ideology to the poor, weak willed and ignorant. This is nothing to support or sympathise in the least.

While I honestly don't respect your opinion you have the right to voice it and on that note lets end this now because just as the actual conflict will play out this could go on forever.

iwishiwas-all*
07-28-2006, 04:15 PM
well being a lebanese american, a chistian one at that, it truely saddens me to see what israel has done to a pro american, pro democracy country FULL of chrisitans and americans, the same country where beirut was simply known as "the paris of the middle east". that was a place i was hoping to visit next summer, but at the rate israel has set THE WHOLE REGION back it will be atleast 20 years before any american should contemplate setting foot there.

Honestly what israel has done is an atrocity, and all arabs have a full right to be angered by this, and want retaliation. its funny to say that this is a war against muslem extremists in that country because israel has by their actions totally crossed religious lines and angered a whole region reguardless of religion, and infact there was a cnn report on yesterday describing the actions that lebanese christians were taking to defend their country and are planning on fighting the same battle against israel.

I mean does anyone remember the iran-hostage incident??????
DID we fully invade Iran to help to gain access to our americans held hostage, nope.
we played it smart, got our people out and avoided holy war against america, well it seems israel doesnt remember that, and because of their stubborness, has just (i think) caused WW3 as edgar said.

What is terrible, israel's blood trail will be ultimately traced back to us (AMERICA) which will put us square in the sights of all arabs, reguardless of religion, if this keeps up.

It is truely sad, as arab american to see what is happening on tv every day.

On another note, I wounder if any one here can use inferences to figure out why muslem extremeists hate us?...............is...........isr.... oh yea, israel!
i mean from their prespective, the US planned and aided in the creation of the jewish state over what was palistine and effectively shut the muslems out of most of their holy land with american money and legistical support.
Those f16's and laser guided bombs falling on the lebanese' heads, where did they come form, US govn. Loans wow! and our 'unwavering" support for israel by our government in all facets is why muslems hate us because we support their arch enemy, so trace back every terrorist attack on america including 9/11 and u will see why ll that happened, because we support israel. Now the shit has realy hit the fan there, and has boiled over to all out war, which it will be i am predicting, a war which could implicate the US very very quickly if it isnt stopped asap.

A Spec Products
07-28-2006, 04:24 PM
to be honest i really dont follow all this stuff so i cant really comment on the situation

but anyhow people just need to chill man

increase the peace

we are gonna blow ourselves up and bye bye earth

instead of hatin we need to fix global warming, overpopulation, and all the other BS that is gonna make us extinct

Redeye Jedi
07-28-2006, 05:23 PM
I also love how you evoked 9/11, way to go President Bush, this has nothing to do with that, not even in the most remote fashion. These people that are being attacked are the terrorists, they hide in civillian populations and attempt to gain sympathy when those around them which they claim to be protecting die as a result of thier cowardace. Again their actions lead to the death of the trulu innocent civillians that unfortunatley inhabit the same space as the terrorists. These arab and "muslim" terrorists continualy kill specificly civillians under the guise of religion and spread their diseased ideology to the poor, weak willed and ignorant. This is nothing to support or sympathise in the least.

Did you get that straight out of FOX news or are you quoting that farmer Bush?

Both parties wanted to start shit and shit they got. There shall be no peace until all the wars are fought. Europe is finally united after millenia of most brutal warfare, they are over it. Until middle east is over it, no outsider is gonna be able to stop the shit that's been going on for thousands of years.
However outsiders can make it worse.

shayrgob240
07-28-2006, 07:05 PM
While I honestly don't respect your opinion you have the right to voice it and on that note lets end this now because just as the actual conflict will play out this could go on forever.

I concur. :)

shayrgob240
07-28-2006, 07:05 PM
well being a lebanese american, a chistian one at that, it truely saddens me to see what israel has done to a pro american, pro democracy country FULL of chrisitans and americans, the same country where beirut was simply known as "the paris of the middle east". that was a place i was hoping to visit next summer, but at the rate israel has set THE WHOLE REGION back it will be atleast 20 years before any american should contemplate setting foot there.

Honestly what israel has done is an atrocity, and all arabs have a full right to be angered by this, and want retaliation. its funny to say that this is a war against muslem extremists in that country because israel has by their actions totally crossed religious lines and angered a whole region reguardless of religion, and infact there was a cnn report on yesterday describing the actions that lebanese christians were taking to defend their country and are planning on fighting the same battle against israel.

I mean does anyone remember the iran-hostage incident??????
DID we fully invade Iran to help to gain access to our americans held hostage, nope.
we played it smart, got our people out and avoided holy war against america, well it seems israel doesnt remember that, and because of their stubborness, has just (i think) caused WW3 as edgar said.

What is terrible, israel's blood trail will be ultimately traced back to us (AMERICA) which will put us square in the sights of all arabs, reguardless of religion, if this keeps up.

It is truely sad, as arab american to see what is happening on tv every day.

On another note, I wounder if any one here can use inferences to figure out why muslem extremeists hate us?...............is...........isr.... oh yea, israel!
i mean from their prespective, the US planned and aided in the creation of the jewish state over what was palistine and effectively shut the muslems out of most of their holy land with american money and legistical support.
Those f16's and laser guided bombs falling on the lebanese' heads, where did they come form, US govn. Loans wow! and our 'unwavering" support for israel by our government in all facets is why muslems hate us because we support their arch enemy, so trace back every terrorist attack on america including 9/11 and u will see why ll that happened, because we support israel. Now the shit has realy hit the fan there, and has boiled over to all out war, which it will be i am predicting, a war which could implicate the US very very quickly if it isnt stopped asap.

u got family there? I hope they're ok.

TipStylez
07-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Speaking of WW3, some already started the command.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003159826_webbelltown28.html

Happend today in seattle...

OdessaS13
07-29-2006, 01:12 AM
i wont get into the technicalities but if someone went on national TV and said they will destroy my homeland( israel)and kill my religion ( the jewish people) i sure as hell woudnt ingore that type of threat, would anyone else here? thats why israel is taking the action that we see now.

1Via!
07-29-2006, 02:46 AM
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!! Some 2000 year old book says so...

Seriously... greed, ignorance, and extremism is the root of all violence and conflict everywhere.

I just love it when people use irrelevant "what if?" historical examples to compare to infinitely complex real world situations to try to explain them. Not really. It bugs me.

The established political and economic interests in many parts of the world thrive off of turmoil and uncertainty, that much is plain.

What really bugs me is that isreal will gain nothing by destroying lebanese infrastructure and government power. Policies and military action only breed hate. It was bullshit like this that gave rise to Hezbollah during the prior 20 years of Israeli occupation of southern lebanon, not to mention Syrian occupation of lebanon. Hezbollah may have extremist leadership, but they are respected by many around the world for standing up to israeli agression and providing social services, modern healthcare, fairly secular schooling and localized government that acts in conjuntion with the overall lebanese government.
Hell, that almost makes them a state with the privelege to a monopoly on violence... If we are looking at this situation from a traditional political science point of view.

That said, neither hezbollah or israel will ever be in the right. Israel couldnt dig these people out of lebanon in all of its years occupying them. And Hezbollah and other militant groups stand no chance at pushing a modern army (probably) second only to the US, armed with hundreds of nuclear weapons into the sea. Violence hasnt provided an answer in the past, much less a resolution, and it sure as hell wont now.

Also, fuck the Bush administration and their "plan for a new Middle East." PNAC neo-con reactionary ideology failed in Iraq and wont work here.
Fuck inapplicable plans based on flawed ideology.
Fuck Wolfowitz, Condi, Rummy, and all those other incognitant butchers.

Also, having a state monopoly on violence does not give Israel the right to subvert and opress others, regardless of the horrible history of the jews. Being threatened by hezbollah does not vindicate deystroying what power the real Lebanese government has.
Odessa, your train of thought may have some validity if you could expand on it and tie it in with a bigger picture of peace as an end goal. As it is now, you come off as ignorant. Its overly simplistic thinking like that that gets people in these situations in the first place. :/

Also, Iran and syria are not arab.

I think (aspec)Logan has it right.

CaoBoY
07-29-2006, 03:42 AM
god doesnt exist, science pwns j00, and anti-matter was the shit that made everything good and bad.

now before people start crying about religion and stuff....let me explain.
i wasnt very 'god loving' because i wasnt really raised that way. am catholic/christian? i was baptised, i used to go to church til i was about 7. did it do anything for me? no. did it make my family so great and love each other? no. parents got divorced. quit giong to church yada yada, and bam! took an astronomy class aka Cosmology (study of the universe) from what i learned from that class/other classes i have taken in the field, there is NO WAY ever, that one 'being' could create everything that exists. and if he created that, WHO CREATED HIM!?! explain that.

aside from that crap, look at what these wars have been claimed for...religion. look what they are fighting over? land, and personal spite. all these fools need to chill the fuck out. i think the whole world aside from teh middle east needs to tell them..."LOOK assholes, either chill the fuck out, or we are going to all point our nukes at you and destory the middle east and then no one can cry abuot it from there anymore." that would probably solve everything right? and then people start crying about how that is so horrible and then BAM end of existence as we know it. this also leads to reasons of why we have not discovered alien lifeforms...
1) worlds have not yet developed to support life other than earth (yeah the fuck right, the universe big, we just havent discovered them yet)

2) intelligent life still hasnt developed yet

3) intelligent life has developed, but not the technology to communicate to other beings in the universe.

4) intelligent life has destroyed itself before it could communicate with other beings in the universe.
i think there are a couple more theories...but #4 is what is going to happen to us.
we are too 'stupid' to realize what we are doing, and we will blow ourselves up before we get off this planet and establish life somehwere else too.

all because of shit like this, where we are fighting over a desert. lol im drunk and dont pick this post apart too heavily.

TipStylez
07-29-2006, 04:12 AM
You heard the theory that micro bacteria from mars was planted on earth after the dinosuars from a astroid? And they happend to of found that astroid with micro fossiles of the bacteria?

That makes more sense to me then so called adam and eve...to me adam and eve is just a online sex shop =]

WilloW
07-29-2006, 09:28 AM
I heard someone said this a while back, "In the rubble of war there's peace" (or something similar to that). I honestly think that all this is BS, but the thought of everyone being able to get along is also BS. Maybe this war will make both side think real hard about peace when they start tallying the carnage.

1Via!
07-29-2006, 10:39 AM
If ya'll are going to have an argument about the war in lebanon and israel maybe you should stick to historical facts and recent events and leave the whole religion stuff out of it...

datboibrad
07-29-2006, 11:06 AM
WW3? possibly.
Nuclear Warfare? not so likely.

keep in mind im no expert or anything on this but if anything i wouldnt expect to see any nukes being droppe don the middle east (atleast by middle eastern's). why would they nuke up the land they are fighting over? its considered "Holy Ground" but after a few nukes i guess it could still be "HOLY Ground" lol.

either way something is going to pop off, lets just hope if america gets involved we go after the head of the problem instead of getting side tracked with hidden agendas and smaller wars like we love to do lol

iwishiwas-all*
07-29-2006, 12:50 PM
all i know is im sure iran now has a new test site for there missles, unfortunetly.

ALTRNTV
07-29-2006, 01:47 PM
http://www.benaffleck.com/gallery/movies/Arm-EMain.jpg

World War 3? I doubt it, as if it does happen, the war will end in an hour, along with the face of the earth, as all the countries with nuclear weapons will fire them off at each other.

CaoBoY
07-29-2006, 03:38 PM
If ya'll are going to have an argument about the war in lebanon and israel maybe you should stick to historical facts and recent events and leave the whole religion stuff out of it...
yeah...but if this area wasnt so 'sacred'...they wouldnt be fighting over it. certain muslims hate jews/israeli's.... think about it...it's been going on for 2000 years, and what's the reason? claiming/owning the holy land. you cant say that its not about religion.

iwishiwas-all*
07-29-2006, 04:44 PM
^u beat me to it, this conflict is totally about religion, but now israel is starting to bring others into the conflict who dont simpathise with either side.

+1 rep

Tenchuu
07-29-2006, 09:52 PM
1. since when do you ever listen to a terrorist leader, he could have 3 wet socks and a box of bottle rockets and claim that he will start WW3 with them. they are full of crap and desperate to rally people with huge claims, it's how they work

2. Nothing against arab people, but the middle east has been at war for how many of thousands of years? and they will not stop until the region is nothing more than sand and dead bodies, get used to the fact. That is ALL of thier level of dedication. some want peace, but the extremists won't listen to any reason and want only death for thier made up enimies.

real news would be a lack of conflict in the middle east.

TipStylez
07-29-2006, 09:57 PM
If they do start throwing missles at the US, i highly dbout it will even get passed our waters...The US may be runed by retards but we have some pretty good weapons to intercept their missles.

1Via!
07-30-2006, 10:07 PM
yeah...but if this area wasnt so 'sacred'...they wouldnt be fighting over it. certain muslims hate jews/israeli's.... think about it...it's been going on for 2000 years, and what's the reason? claiming/owning the holy land. you cant say that its not about religion.
Theres no doubt that the sacred land dillema isnt one aspect of this equation, but there are political agendas that go back at least 100 years part the zionist councils at the end of the 19th century that play a big part in this too. As well as other political bullshit thats happened through history that has little to do with who "owns" the holy land.

Also, up until the 1940s there was no such arab-jewish conflict. The partition of Palestine combined with the zionist(the ideology behind the idea of a jewish state) agenda created this black and white conflict that people view as the battle over the holy land.
Hell, a doctor of mine who happends to be jewish had his family displaced from their land in isreal in the early 1950s by other jews. His family had lived peacfully with christian and muslim neighbors for centuries. Ironic, yes? espcially in a conflict most equate with religion.
Furthermore, this is not a 2000 year old conflict(since islam hasnt been around 2000 years, among other reasons), this is something entirely based in the 20th century.

:whip:
jk

But seriously, I can say its not about religion, and I do. The basis of this conflict has to do with people of different religions, but this is not a religious war for the most part. Please dont boil this conflict down to such a simple explaination, thanks. Hope I didn't step on your toes too much.

BigVinnie
07-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Dude this isn't no fuckin world war 3...
These are the last days, or what is the apoclypse (doomsday), we are all going to fucking die.....
People are dieing of AIDS
People are contracting a nervous system disease from mesquitos called west nile
There are killer africanized bee's every where.
Squirrels have contracted a bubonic plague.
Terrorist already live in our own backyards.

Really the whole war that is going on in Israel/Palestine/Jeruselem has been going on since before the birth of christ. Instead of rock's being thrown now there are bombs. Really there is nothing that we as people can do anything about it since religion is the strongest belief that some one can have.

punxva
07-30-2006, 11:50 PM
...as a Jew i support Israel, but like others have said, its nothing new for there to be terrorism and war, it basically goes like this, theres an attack on israel, within the hour there is a retaliation, like 2pac said, "Thats just the way it is" I know this may seem random, but i do believe that this can be solved diplomatically, but i know that force is needed to bring about peace, and i totally agree with everyone who says that not all muslims believe this, for god's sake Jesus is the most quoted prophet in the quran. I know many disagree with my optimism, but thats just how i feel, and i'd be down for claiming mexico as a Zilvian state. the national car will naturally be the 240, and for diplomats, the 2======4========0 stretch limo lmao

nrg
07-31-2006, 12:40 AM
we're not all going to die. well millions will die but... best thing to do is protect yourself.
I guess time travler john titor was right about wwIII. CERN probably has the time machine done by now. but it will be made public in a few more years. BUY STOCKS FROM GE!!!! If everyone else seems true (right now), then we're fucked in the future.

1Via!
07-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Really the whole war that is going on in Israel/Palestine/Jeruselem has been going on since before the birth of christ. Instead of rock's being thrown now there are bombs. Really there is nothing that we as people can do anything about it since religion is the strongest belief that some one can have.
This hasnt been going on since before the birth of christ... war and agression has been going on since time immemorial.

BigVinnie
07-31-2006, 04:46 PM
This hasnt been going on since before the birth of christ... war and agression has been going on since time immemorial.
You misunderstood the war over the holy land has been going on before the birth of christ.
The war is listed in the book of Abraham and the holybible, both books contain there own biased opinion but it clearly states when it all began. I believe much of jewish scriptures contain dates as to when the fight over the holyland had started.
Really its retarded that people are fighting over who the purist people are that deserve the land, that is all it comes down too.
when I was in elementary school my friend mohamed went back to fight for his people and family when we were both 7 years old, believe me this war has been going on for a lonnnnggggg time.....

1Via!
08-01-2006, 01:20 PM
People have been fighting over the fertile crescent for eons. Its the birthplace of much of world civilization. Whether it all is religious conflict or otherwise is extremely debatable. I think that most violence youre refering to in the pre-christ era could be classified as sectarian.

Omarius Maximus
08-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Woot woot everyone's so serious haha!
I personally blame the zionists for all this crap happening. It also doesn't help when Israel has nuclear weapons.
1. Iran and its nuclear ambitions= a deterrent against Israel
2. Hamas and Hesbollah= inevitabilities that arise from injustices and resentment
3. Terrorism= a means of fighting when your not being funded by a world power.

Ricks15
08-02-2006, 07:36 PM
WW3 will be this planets Suicide what a sad way to end what humanity has perfected through out thousands of years. For those of you who read the bible or who are religious there is a part in there that said that God decided to clean the slate and start all over and wiped out man kind with the biggest flood in existence. What a sad and huge mistake it would be if we blow the shit out of each other with fucken bombs just one will start the end of the world.