PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Grand Prix?

Jonnie Fraz
07-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Just wondering if any of you open wheel fans are going to Grand Prix? Formula D will be putting on an exhibition like last year, stands to be pretty cool.

EchoOfSilence
07-26-2006, 05:54 PM
I hope to go

CleanS14
07-26-2006, 06:19 PM
If you mean the SJGP... yah I'll be there. Should be a good time... I hear it's sold out!!!

Jonnie Fraz
07-26-2006, 08:10 PM
If you mean the SJGP... yah I'll be there. Should be a good time... I hear it's sold out!!!
Yep...This weekend...Wow! Sold out...I am glad my brother got ticks already...Gold Grandstands Baby! Hope to see you guys there.

bstonedrift
07-26-2006, 08:32 PM
I'll be there sweating under the Bridgestone Canopy. Glad to see you guys supporting Chamo Car!!

!Zar!
07-30-2006, 03:03 AM
I was/will be there. I'm going to be repping NorCal Hobbies off of Almaden and San Fernando; hairpin section. With nitro/elec rc cars racing.

Someone come holler at me. Haha.

NemeGuero
07-30-2006, 03:06 AM
meee tooo meee tooo!!
I'm in the convention center.. next to the boobs.. haha
Formula SAE!!

Bstonedrift came by.. so did Mel..
I'll buy beer tomorrow! lets do it!

!Zar!
07-30-2006, 03:22 AM
Beer and Boobs!

So much better than the water and sausage fest where I'm at.

anthony240
07-30-2006, 11:53 AM
just went saturday, got free gold tix cause they tore down a grandstand section and replaced our tix with gold ones. too bad i can't make it on raceday.

i was never this close to champ cars, they're freakin amazing! I feel it in my bones!

and the crowd was hella into drifting, i don't know if hayashida was driving his rsr s14, but whoever was driving that car put on a good show! so did everbody else. Formula D Streets of San Jose Round soon?

CleanS14
07-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Yah you know what was funny about the race is listening to all of the people in the crowd saying how they would've rather watched drifting the whole time LOL!!!

Too bad they're unsure if there is going to be SJGP next year.

Jonnie Fraz
07-30-2006, 11:57 PM
I just got back...very fun weekend, I think it was done much better than last year. I was a little disappointed about the drifting section, seemed like they were just tucked in a corner unlike last year. Drifting action was way cool, to bad Gush is still having overheating problems. I was so bummed to see Calvans car smashed up, nice to see he got it going for the last show.
Racing actoin was very cool...lots of carbon fiber yard sales though, I guess they have to use the cars up since they will be going to the Panoz chassis next year. Very cool weekend, if they do it next year I will be there again.

NemeGuero
07-31-2006, 03:34 AM
Yah you know what was funny about the race is listening to all of the people in the crowd saying how they would've rather watched drifting the whole time LOL!!!

Too bad they're unsure if there is going to be SJGP next year.

Don't they have a 3 year contract? I thought so at least..

CleanS14
07-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Yah that's what I thought too... but then they might have the open wheel merger go through which would mess up everything. Too many races and they'd have to weed some out. I think San Jose is one of their larger attendance venues so I don't see how it would make sense to cut it out.

anthony240
07-31-2006, 11:15 AM
was there more people than last year? i went with friends that said there seemed to be a larger crowd last year.

CleanS14
07-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Attendance = 155,8XX or something like that for the weekend

NemeGuero
07-31-2006, 02:07 PM
seemed like more people to me..