PDA

View Full Version : When you dont want to cook and need a CHEAP meal.. what do you do?

Akiros
07-25-2006, 11:56 AM
For me, its Wendy's.. 2 x $1 chicken sandwiches and a Large order of fries, comes to like $3.91 .. then I go home and drink water... to be healthy:rolleyes:

SimpleSexy180
07-25-2006, 12:07 PM
what u know about those del taco "taco tuesdays" <3

PBucch
07-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Whopper JR X 2

unwed_transient
07-25-2006, 12:53 PM
fast food envolves leaving the house. cooking is usually the lesser of two evils for me.

s13poop
07-25-2006, 12:55 PM
what you gotta do is..

go to jack in the box

get 2 orders of 99 cent tacos (remember thats 4 tacos all together)

then get a jr bacon cheeseburger but substitute the bread with sourdough (basically the poor mans sourdough jack without the tomato)

and wash it down with some cold water

comes out to like 3 bucks and change :)

OR!!

a 5 dollar large pizza from little cesars always hits the spot

that seems to do it for me when im on a budget hahahaha...

CaoBoY
07-25-2006, 12:56 PM
what do you know about ramen? thats cheap. OR...you dont want to cook..get your girlfriend to make you some food! mmmmm....home made stirfry (cambo style) fuckin love it!

WilloW
07-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Cup ramen + a microvave. Damn, some of you guys could put shit away, most I could eat nowaday is one of those sandwich mentioned.

Ghettokracker71
07-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Wendys...either chicken nuggets or sandwich like you mentioned,but instead of frys I get the $.99 frosty..

that or pack of ramen noodles and just deal with cooking b/c ramen noodles are $.09 and fill me up

Speed Motoring
07-25-2006, 01:16 PM
costco hot dog and a free refills drink for $1.25 i think? That and a slide of your choice of pizza. I usually get a slice of combo pizza. Cheap and the only fast food that taste good. Less than $5 meal right there.

tacotacotaco
07-25-2006, 01:51 PM
i lay in bed and fall asleep and try to dream about eating.

woodchuck
07-25-2006, 02:28 PM
costco hot dog and a free refills drink for $1.25 i think? That and a slide of your choice of pizza.

BAM! thats the best way to get full. it comes out to about $3.80 i think.

'90RPS13
07-25-2006, 02:57 PM
lol, I have done the costco deal too. I usually just head to BK and grab 2 Rodeo Burgers and a Large Onion Ring and thats like $3.52. *a

BOOSTLOVER
07-25-2006, 03:20 PM
peanut butter + bread and some hawaiian punch keeps me alive until payday.:yum:

SochBAT
07-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Pick up the phone, dial my aunt and say "Oom! Yom kleean."

(Auntie, im hungry)

the roll by her house, and BAM, curry/eggs, asian sausage and rice.

Instant!

exitspeed
07-25-2006, 03:56 PM
When you dont want to cook and need a CHEAP meal.. what do you do?

Drink some beer...

kensreliableb18b
07-25-2006, 04:01 PM
then get a jr bacon cheeseburger but substitute the bread with sourdough (basically the poor mans sourdough jack without the tomato)

oh shit, i never thought of subbing the bread to sourdough. THANKS FOR THE TIP! :bowdown:

SiI40sx
07-25-2006, 05:02 PM
another one is the dollar bigmac, but not what u think! its the $1 double cheese burger and just tell them to add spread and letuce and u got urself a bigmac! without the middle bun so what?

Akiros
07-25-2006, 07:52 PM
When you dont want to cook and need a CHEAP meal.. what do you do?

Drink some beer...
im not 21 yet, plus that shit gets expensive... er umm.. not like I would know ;)

FRpilot
07-25-2006, 11:46 PM
i lay in bed and fall asleep and try to dream about eating.

thats what i do when i try to lose weight from eating all this junk..

ive tried all these dollar menu from all these places.. 3 $1 burgers usually do it.. i try not to waste money on things like fries, order of buffalo wings, extra charge for cheese, or soda that get you fat and dont fill you up. it depends where i go. i try to be creative.. here are some of my favorites:

jack in the box - 2 $1.29 big cheeseburgers, or a combo of jumbo jack/99c burgers. some tacos

wendys - jr cheeseburger deluxe, 5 piece chicken nuggets, potatoes, frosties, chili

mcdonalds - double cheeseburgers, mcchickens, $1 sundays

bk - rodeo burger, jr whoppers

carls jr - $1.49 spicy chicken sandwichs, cheeseburger, cris cut fries

in and out - 2-3 $1.60 hambugers

taco bell - various value menu food.

subday - $2.49 special + 2 mcchickens from mcdonalds (or substitue $1 burgers from any cheap burger joint nearby)

(subway $2.49 special doesnt really fill you up. so i always add 2 $1 burger. its just like a place holder or a snack like when you know your stomach is going to growl in class and you need to eat something cheap and quickly so you can avoid the embarassing stomach growling during quiet lectures)

premium food (when i feel like being a big spender $5+)

any type of value meal/combo at resturants above. or the almighty expensive carl's jr value menus.

taquerias/taco places - buritoes, super nachos, quesadias, rice and beans..

little ceasars - $6 deep dish + 1 crazy sauce.. or $5 + crazy sauce when im poor. i also add an order of crazy bread when i have some extra cash laying around

chinese fast food - ranch99 combo, mr chaus, local moms and pops chinese places that are good and cheap. avoid unknown places as their food might make you get a stomach ache

togos/quiznos

FUCK italian pastas. its just a fucken hype food that chicks eat. it makes them feel expensive and trendy. its fucken expensive at like $7-10, doesnt taste that great, and doesnt fill you up. i try to avoid eating at places like spaghetti factory or raviolis. but lasanga is man food. i eat it when i feeling baller.

downshift_sideways
07-25-2006, 11:59 PM
go to Mcdonalds.

Get 2 dbl chessburgers,

1 Mc valur fries,

get a cup of water

eat up. Enjoy. That usually gets my apetite down.

kousuke180sx
07-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Pick up the phone, dial my aunt and say "Oom! Yom kleean."

(Auntie, im hungry)

the roll by her house, and BAM, curry/eggs, asian sausage and rice.

Instant!

just outa curiousity what language is that?

TipStylez
07-26-2006, 01:46 AM
2 Chicken sandwitches W/ grilled onions and tomatos (if you dont add that it will be plain and nasty)

With a side of butter milk to drip the burgers in =]

And a side of medium curly frys also diped in butter milk.

All for about 3-4bucks.

SochBAT
07-26-2006, 02:33 AM
just outa curiousity what language is that?

Out of curiousity, its cambodian, i just kinda massacred it a bit.

We've got weird sounding words.

S13SilviaGirl
07-26-2006, 02:54 AM
Bakers shredded beef burrito! oh and their Quesadillas!!!! mmmmmm. If you don't know what bakers is, sorry you are missing out!

Orrrrr California burrito from a little burrito place in SD by the junkyards (national city?!?! damn I can't remember).

kouki_s14
07-26-2006, 03:56 PM
del taco
a few chicken soft tacos and im good

s13poop
07-26-2006, 04:59 PM
oh shit, i never thought of subbing the bread to sourdough. THANKS FOR THE TIP! :bowdown:

fo sho just looking out for the homies that are on a budget hahahaha :bigok: