PDA

View Full Version : Why SHOULDN'T I smoke in Amsterdam?

gotta240
07-22-2006, 09:44 PM
K.. I know this is a retarded thread, but just curious if anyone can come up with a reason NOT to.

I DONT usually smoke. Its not really for me, i keep a busy life working full time as a supervisor, and i go to school full time at night.... I believe in keeping my options open for the future....

With that being said....is there ANY reason why one SHOULDN'T smoke in amsterdam? I figure its a once in a lifetime thing, and i guess thats the place to do it...lol... I'm traveling all over europe and will be there for a day or so.

I know i've heard that you can not have smoked for 4 years before becoming a police officer, and supposedly that is comfirmed w/ a lie detector test..... I dont plan on becoming a police officer, so THAT doesn't really worry me. Are there any other jobs that you guys can think of that are like that? Right now i'm going into the Registered Nursing (R.N.) program, and eventually would like to become a Nurse Anesthetist... I want to keep my options open for the medical field as well as any other career changes.

SO, are there any other reasons(as far as future jobs go) why NOT to? Please dont start with the whole "gateway drug" bs, or any health reasons...

piece

Mr. Camshaft
07-22-2006, 09:46 PM
you'll be too stoned to bang the hookers.

Ricks15
07-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Have you seen the movie Hostile thats why.

ALTRNTV
07-22-2006, 10:10 PM
^
LOL. That's good enough reason right there.

I'm 21 and still haven't tried to smoke weed or any type of drugs, and I probably won't start to. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. As you stated, you can't do any type of drugs 4 years before becoming any sort of law enforcement official.

Tenchuu
07-22-2006, 10:15 PM
because the NEW tests for serious jobs use hair and saliva to confirm your substance use history. each hair is an index of at what time you used what controlled (90 days), and i belive there is a new oral that can last up to a year, but am not sure

just so you know those are kinda expensive, but those drug tests are available. search it up to find out more if you are really interested.

gotta240
07-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks Tenchu.. Thats kinda a reason i'm looking for...

I'll be IN the nursing program in a year, and wont become an actual RN for 3 years from now... I dont really think that would matter by then... Even if ONE occurence did pop up from a year ago, i dont think they could hold that against you....right? What about shaving your head??? lol...

Tenchuu
07-22-2006, 10:28 PM
I edited my post, after searching i have found that hair is 90 days, and mainly uses the veary bottom portion of the hair from what i read. i heard about some sort of 1 year testing, but i have no idea, it has been a while since i heard of it. so generally i would guess that anything over 90 days (the hair) and you should be good, but alchahol and cigars and adrenaline are my drugs of choice so i really don't pay too mutch attention

CaoBoY
07-22-2006, 10:47 PM
if you smoke in amsterdam, when you come back here, you will soehow get a drug test....albeit work/cops whatever and you will be fucked over for the rest of your life! lol. jk. do whatcha want.

enen11
07-22-2006, 10:59 PM
even if you shave your head, they'll find somoe place to get the hair from. or if not they'll have some other way to detect illegal substances. i have a ex-girlfriend who is in the nursing program, and one occurence your out the program for good.

rainier
07-23-2006, 12:49 AM
do it, it wont be in your system once you get finished with all your school and all that. really though.

S13DET
07-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Yea, if your going to be a R.A go ahead and smoke till your fried. You'll be fine. I cant wait to get over to Amsterdamn next year.

Phlip
07-23-2006, 09:56 AM
I agree with whomever mentioned the movie Hostel.

... THAT shit made me not want to go to Europe, at all

cotbu
07-23-2006, 10:16 AM
If you go to amsterdam, and all you can think about is smoking weed?!
Your an "Idiot"! There's way to much to do.
Still have my hemp rope and empty glass of absinthe.

Edgar
07-23-2006, 11:07 AM
if you have to ask to do something you shouldnt do it

you only live once

SimpleSexy180
07-23-2006, 11:42 AM
you only live once

plain and simple.

yokotas13
07-23-2006, 12:20 PM
becuase its still illegal since you are a us citizen

are you actually serious about this thread?

gotta240
07-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Of course i'm serious about this thread..JUst asking opinions...thats all.

And Cotbu- NO, thats not all i'm thinking about...Its just one MORE thing i'm thinking about. I'm going to Munich, Paris, London, Milan, Amsterdam, and many more places..... I want to see the world, but why not enjoy the PLACE I"M AT, and enjoy what its known for? I figure, go to paris=see the ifle tower. Go to germany=drink Go to milan=see the milan rouge(sp) Go to amsterdam=smoke

I'm not morally aposed to it...i was just seeing if anyone could think of long term consequences that i couldn't think of myself...

thanks for all the replies guys...

phreze
07-23-2006, 12:35 PM
...Go to milan=see the milan rouge(sp)

Um don't you mean the Moulan Rouge? If so thats in Paris, not milan. Last time I checked milan rouge was a type of turnip.

gotta240
07-23-2006, 12:52 PM
haha. thanks ahole! LOL... I DONT F'ing know!! First off.....spelling>me

second. I'll be on the trip ALONE for 1 week. The next two weeks i'll be with my brother who has already been to Europe.. I'm letting him plan those two weeks.. He told me "bring nice clothes...we're going to see the Moulan Rouge". In my small, sometimes narrow minded head i figured it would be in milan!!! Ok...i'm an idiot...lol. Maybe i should start researching where i'll be traveling..

theicecreamdan
07-23-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm not morally aposed to it

there you go. Do it

btw I've never smoked weed but I know people that do, and they seem pretty happy.

tbowzer
07-24-2006, 12:49 AM
you should try it out, its not a big deal.

breakindrifts
07-24-2006, 04:28 AM
What the fuck, smoke go crazy. I would try some E too because it's probably the safest place to get your drugs. And this is coming from someone who extremly rarely parties or is intoxicated on any kind of drug. Most piss tests you can pass with artificial urine from a headshop. And honestly weed I dont find to be addicting in the very least bit, it's only for a day and it's legal so do it, I think it's stupid that you even asked, no one makes a big deal about marijuana except tourists.

TipStylez
07-24-2006, 06:04 AM
cocain is a hell of a drug.

P.S. Try the BLACK weed!

Nostradamus
07-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Go to a smart shop get some Copelandias (Golden Teachers) and then go to the Van Gogh museum. If you're going to smoke then check out Gray Area near Dam Square or you can always go to the Heineken brewery.

gotta240
07-24-2006, 08:20 AM
what is the "BLACK" weed? Another "flavor" or is it a mixture?

Nostradamus
07-24-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm going to guess he's talking about hash. If so then they do have black hash (Moroccan) but also have light hash (blonde).

gotta240
07-24-2006, 06:25 PM
OK...so WTF is HASH exactly? It seems no one i ask knows EXACTLY what it is... Seems like only OG hippies have even seen the stuff!!!lol

Ghettokracker71
07-24-2006, 08:56 PM
I'd definitely smoke my brains out at least once there...

surukis14
07-25-2006, 02:59 AM
OK...so WTF is HASH exactly? It seems no one i ask knows EXACTLY what it is... Seems like only OG hippies have even seen the stuff!!!lol

Hash is soft leafy buds with a clay like texture. usually mixed with tabaco since its too clay like. i usually smoke weed but i have pothead buddies that live in hong kong that visit and talk about stuff like that. anyways i say go for it and have fun.. as much as you can. the menu's in the cafe's should be fun to look at.

gordonliu
08-21-2006, 05:51 PM
surukis14 - that is ridiculous, hash is not composed of "soft leafy buds with a clay like texture"

a microscopic image of a cannabis leaf will show a numerous spherical sacs of resin that are suspended from the actual leaf surface by small stocks. these spherical sacs contain the majority of the psychoactive components of the plant. hashish is an extract or concentrate of cannabis. it is composed mainly of those small spherical sacs which are called trichomes. the smaller the ratio of trichomes to other material in the hash, the more impure it is. the purest hash is composed of essentially 100% trichomes and will totally melt into liquid when exposed to heat. real hash should contain absolutely no green plant material at all. be careful with hash that has come from other countries, especiall the middle east. by the time it has made its way here, it will be cut similar to cocaine with other chemicals or substances that have the same color and little or no smell. one example of a cutting agent found in lots of imported hash is black shoe polish. also, small quantities of imported hash are often smuggled using condoms. i can say without any shadow of a doubt that much higher quality hash is produced domestically than any of the imported hash from areas like the middle east or asia. are you kidding me bro? this is california.

btw the CIA doesnt even care if youve smoked cannabis within 12 months.... (my buddy just applied)

and come the fuck on, i know of people @ the MRL who smoke cannabis, and their jobs require more thought and are vastly more complicated and intricate than anything that most of us has ever dreamed of. it can only be detrimental to your performance if you allow it to control your life, just like any other substance like alcohol.

steve shadows
08-21-2006, 06:00 PM
get some needles now were talking:duh:

az_240
08-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I smoke almost everyday for about 2 years or so. Never been caught... never had any problems... besides being lazy sometimes:D Most of my friends also smoke and they seem to be doing just fine. Drug tests are cake to pass... I smoked a fatty blunt 3 days before a mouth swab test and passed no prob.

For piss tests you can always buy a detox kit at a smoke shop. Worked for me.
For hair tests bleach your hair and dye it back to its original color or just shave your head after waiting a few days.
Lighten up and just have a good time. Its really not that big of a deal.

You would be surprised by the number and type of people who smoke bud.

Oh and when you go be sure to get some sour diesel if you can! some one hitta quitta shit. Purple haze is a goodie too:)

Jefferson
08-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Dude you have nothing to worry about I know these 2 girls and guy that live a few houses down from me who are in the nursing program and are constantly smoking. If your not opposed to it then smoke, its not everyday that you can smoke so many different types of green in public and not get in trouble, unless your like me and the weed just makes you sleepy everytime you smoke.

exitspeed
08-22-2006, 02:41 PM
I was in the same predicament(sp) when I was going to Jamaica for my honeymoon. My wife and I contiplated it.

In the end we decided not to.

#1 I'm going to be looking for a new job soon. So I'm not gonna risk that.

#2 I was just paranoid about jail in another country. FUCK THAT! Anyone ever see Midnight Express!?!?! Kiss my ass, it ain't worth it.

Dorifto89
08-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Weed is not a big deal. Smoke it and enjoy it.

drifter808
08-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Chong the fuck out. Get extremely fried, it will be alot of fun. And you can piss tests in about a week of no smoking. so when you get back just dont smoke anymore.

Like already stated, try some hash its crazy. We get finger hash, its when your cutting the buds and you get the THC on your fingers,since its all sticky, you roll um together and get these balls of THC. lace that into your joint and be prepared.

VROOOM
08-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Chong the fuck out. Get extremely fried, it will be alot of fun. And you can piss tests in about a week of no smoking. so when you get back just dont smoke anymore.

Like already stated, try some hash its crazy. We get finger hash, its when your cutting the buds and you get the THC on your fingers,since its all sticky, you roll um together and get these balls of THC. lace that into your joint and be prepared.

i have a grinder with a keef catcher, just like hash nothing but the good stuff. sprinkle a bit of that on a bowl and your done for the night

OdessaS13
08-22-2006, 10:11 PM
someone explain what the fuk is the big deal about smoking in the states or in europe?

If you never smoked before its not going to be big deal since obviously the heavier smoker you are the longer it will stay in your system. Still though, shit might come up were you need to do the test and that may cause complications between getting a good paying job. why risk not getting a high paying job for smokin up on shit you wern't particularly in love with in the first place

i've heard that you can not have smoked for 4 years before becoming a police officer, and supposedly that is comfirmed w/ a lie detector test.....

i call bullshit, they do administer lie detector test but the 4 years is crap

ALTRNTV
08-22-2006, 10:30 PM
i call bullshit, they do administer lie detector test but the 4 years is crap

Actually, it's true.

S14DriftstaiN
11-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Just burn a little at evry bar you go to..ask for some ak47.

theicecreamdan
11-16-2006, 01:56 AM
Actually, it's true.

if you havent smoked in the past 30 days, you;ve never smoked.

lie detector tests have nothing.

sTalnOut
11-16-2006, 08:06 AM
bro you have to smoke its a MUST if you dont you jst beat the whole propose of goin there will if its for business i undertsand but if its for chillin n all u MUST man its a tradition hahaha well up too u good luck =)

ThatGuy
11-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Why was the useless shit bumped from the grave? Fucking pot heads can't pay attention.

:lockd: