PDA

View Full Version : regarding ZipTied.com and....

Society Mike
07-20-2006, 05:05 AM
First off, I would like to apologize for the trouble or confusion that may have been caused by the careless "joke post" in your For Sale section.

1.) Yes, it was a joke if you hadn't figured it out by now.
2.) No, it was NOT orchestrated by ZipTied members
3.) Yes, it was done by ONE careless former ZT member who has since been banned.

As for the bashing that took place, that was actually amusing because most of it stems from a misunderstaning.
I guess some people think ZT members are "elitist"? Whatever, but it's not the general attitude over there.
Yes, we have a screening process, and No we don't have a member cap. Our philosophy is quality over quantity. We were getting a rash of useless members, trolls, and fanboys with absolutely nothing to gain or contribute to the site. We also had an issue with bandwidth from too many users posting when we had our old server.

The fact of the matter is, you don't NEED a ZipTied account to get the good information. I have purposely left all the Tech forums OPEN for viewing to the public as well as the Events forum. What else do you need? Want to ask a question about some Tech post but can't register? SEARCH the forum and you will probably see that the answer has been given many times over.

I'm happy with our low membership, because that's the way we like it. In fact, we used to have nearly 9000 members, but any forum operator knows that only a small fraction of the membership actually posts or is active, this is why we deleted most members with 0-1 posts.

As for now, yes, the registration is closed, but that is mainly because Nokeone is the moderator for the registration forum, and right now he has more important things to worry about after his car burned to the ground.

Sincerely, Mike

btw.. i think Zilvia member The Squidd just earned a membership if you want it, lol, that was some funny stuff

OMGWTFBBQ
07-20-2006, 05:19 AM
It's good to know that member doesnt represent a bigger part of the community on ZT. That guy had a lot of problems and insecurities that he may or may not have been aware of, but could be easily spotted if you look. As for the elitist thing, obviously that doesnt refer to every member, but you certainly cant deny the fact that they do make up a significant part of the ZT crowd, not to say there arent any on here, or and web forum that matter. You just have to understand how it looked from our POV. Some guy comes on here, trying to make us look stupid, and giving himself and whoever else was laughing with him on ZT a false sense of superiority because they cant elsewhere. What does that say to us about ZT.
Anyway, thanks for the appology, even though it shouldn't be your responsibility

FRpilot
07-20-2006, 05:51 AM
wow its 4am and im going to see some responses when i wake up.

JaeTea
07-20-2006, 06:18 AM
wow its 4am and im going to see some responses when i wake up.

+1 :rofl: .............

kuramaya
07-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Whats up Mike it's Kuramaya from

http://www.zeroyon.com

^^That should get us some good publicity, this thread will get mad views.
Late
Daryl

bing
07-20-2006, 09:19 AM
btw.. i think Zilvia member The Squidd just earned a membership if you want it, lol, that was some funny stuff

yeah that was wicked shit.

rabid_monkey
07-20-2006, 09:21 AM
It's good to know that member doesnt represent a bigger part of the community on ZT. That guy had a lot of problems and insecurities that he may or may not have been aware of, but could be easily spotted if you look. As for the elitist thing, obviously that doesnt refer to every member, but you certainly cant deny the fact that they do make up a significant part of the ZT crowd, not to say there arent any on here, or and web forum that matter. You just have to understand how it looked from our POV. Some guy comes on here, trying to make us look stupid, and giving himself and whoever else was laughing with him on ZT a false sense of superiority because they cant elsewhere. What does that say to us about ZT.
Anyway, thanks for the appology, even though it shouldn't be your responsibility

there might be a more gullible person in the world than you, but its hard to say if it actually exists. i'm referring to more than the original post too, if that was not evident.

and to Mike... how could you? i thought we were friends? you were like my idol... why would you do that to me?

TheSquidd
07-20-2006, 09:31 AM

:fruit:

Msgggglengthparty

bing
07-20-2006, 09:41 AM
i :heart: the intArweb

Edgar
07-20-2006, 09:52 AM
:fruit:

Msgggglengthparty

I tought you were on Ziptied already?

ManoNegra
07-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Figured it had to a joke...

TheSquidd
07-20-2006, 11:21 AM
I tought you were on Ziptied already?

Hah nope. =\

msglengthisdumbimeanpeoplejustputstupidlinesliketh isintoupthemessagelength

SochBAT
07-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Link to said-thread?

All this MIA crap from me is gay. I missed out on the chewwy thread too.

ramblux
07-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Link to said-thread?

All this MIA crap from me is gay. I missed out on the chewwy thread too.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=115098

I still can't believe that anyone believed it.

ThatGuy
07-20-2006, 12:59 PM
[email protected], choose your posts more wisely from now on. Your last 2 have been deleted.

Josh
07-20-2006, 01:01 PM
[email protected], choose your posts more wisely from now on. Your last 2 have been deleted.

Might want to read between the lines, then you would realize that there was perfect relevance. Like you didnt know that chewie was driftgirls sister.. HOGWASH!

sncs14
07-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Might want to read between the lines, then you would realize that there was perfect relevance. Like you didnt know that chewie was driftgirls sister.. HOGWASH!

Anyway :blah:

I've always liked ziptied. I used to browse there a lot more when the (now) members only areas were open for veiwing. Non the less, I never felt the need to register because I spend more time over here and now just like to go and look at everyones builds and updates. Maybe I'll register when my car is further along and I feel like I have something to contribute.

SimpleSexy180
07-20-2006, 01:22 PM
We were getting a rash of useless members, trolls, and fanboys with absolutely nothing to gain or contribute to the site.

awesome just like zilvia <3

NemeGuero
07-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Haha, I was having fun with it..

I stand pretty much where OMGWTFBBQ does.
Kudos to you Mike.

HyperTek
07-20-2006, 01:27 PM
im a former zt member that recently got banned a few months ago and i respected everybody and felt i contributed to the forum, but its some people that i actually know that suggest in threads that i be banned thats what got me just from posting something in the pictures thread that happened to have been posted before hence such comments as "Repost=fail" and stuff. I had some people pm me on other forums askin me how did i get banned etc.. I wont point fingers becuase that wont get anywhere, but no hard feelings, its just the internet.

A Spec Products
07-20-2006, 01:37 PM
thesquidd totally just creamed in his pants

i am so happy for you squizzler!

OMGWTFBBQ
07-20-2006, 01:48 PM
there might be a more gullible person in the world than you, but its hard to say if it actually exists. i'm referring to more than the original post too, if that was not evident.

haha this guy has some vandetta with me.
Again, find something trivial about me and try to exploit it.
You refer back to my original post in the other thread because you don't understand my last one. I'm not gonna get into it because this is someone else's thread. You'll learn someday

NemeGuero
07-20-2006, 01:52 PM
thesquidd totally just creamed in his pants

i am so happy for you squizzler!

You mean he inked them..

TheSquidd
07-20-2006, 01:56 PM
http://www.londonstimes.us/toons/cartoons/richdiesslin_squid_ink.gif

http://www.jasonbaker.net/world/japan/sign-squid-ink-ice-cream.jpg
oh.oh.

:eek3:

Gonna need a refill!
http://basketcasecomix.com/images/CXsquid.gif

Omarius Maximus
07-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Pretentious Bastards

OMGWTFBBQ said what I would have in that poor excuse for a thread.(too bad I don't browse the FS section anymore)

bing
07-20-2006, 02:00 PM
banning people is ghey...

but squidd = the force

**edit that should read butt squidd...

TheSquidd
07-20-2006, 02:04 PM
;)

msglengthjokesaregay

nonissan
07-20-2006, 02:32 PM
wow. some people take some things too seriously.

SiI40sx
07-20-2006, 03:36 PM
i broke my arm...

http://f10.putfile.com/7/18720502561.jpg

and buy penta, hoorayy penta!!

http://www.pentawater.com/images/home_bottles.jpg

SimpleSexy180
07-20-2006, 04:20 PM
^your arm got FUX0RED. man.. put a ziptie on that will yah.

TheSquidd
07-20-2006, 04:26 PM
:Owned:

Daymn. that's brutal.

What was this thread about?

ThatGuy
07-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Nothing important.:jerkit:

SiI40sx
07-20-2006, 04:31 PM
dude it was about penta!! BUY PENTA!!!

anthony240
07-21-2006, 02:09 AM
I went on Ziptied for the free pr0n (say what? lol)

Zilvia's better because it's more entertaining. See what you get with free memberships! Unlimited noob bashing, thread jacking, PINKS, BLUES, GREENS, REDS! Arm breakages, PENTA, scary ghost stories!

And 6.12GHZ :rl:

mobilesuit818
07-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Ziptied to me is a little more hardcore when it comes to the information I need, events, tech stuff, wheel fitments, etc.

That sucks to hear about nokeone's car.

SiI40sx
07-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Ziptied to me is a little more hardcore when it comes to the information I need, events, tech stuff, wheel fitments, etc.

and your telling us this because.....???

ThatGuy
07-21-2006, 08:24 PM
This thread no longer has a point, and really, neither did the FS thread.
:lockd:
Thank you, and good day.