PDA

View Full Version : Message from CHP on radio

kouki_s14
07-16-2006, 05:19 PM
So who has heard this commercial? It says something about the chp is on the look-out for modified cars pulling over, ticketing and the rest of the fun stuff. Then it's something like "stay out of the game" and at the end it says, "a message from the CHP"

so is it gonna get worse then it already is?
what are you guys thinking?

Ricks15
07-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Its the 187 on the Mother F*CKING CARB!!!!!:barf:

CaoBoY
07-16-2006, 05:58 PM
talk about a cop that can BUST YOUR ASS! gawd damned harold n kumar status.... time to move outta state. im thinkin nevada/oregon/washington. AZ is too hot.

ThatGuy
07-16-2006, 06:00 PM
The East Coast is lovely, but don't move here. Then we'd suck as much Cali! :rofl:

gotta240
07-16-2006, 06:02 PM
I didn't hear that.......

I think they should change the message to

Dear young people who spend all your time and money doing something you love.... STAY OUT OF THE GAME OF ILLEGAL MOTORSWAPS.... Go back to smoking crack and shooting heroin... You'll stay outa trouble that way...

This message brought to you by the cocksuckers of cali

Ricks15
07-16-2006, 06:05 PM
WORD!!!!!! Those Fools are going to be wasteing time busting people with modded cars and instead more criminals will be getting away with dumb shit while the poo poo is to busy busting cars.

ONYX S-13
07-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Reason number 1,000,000 why i should move out of cali =/

My cars have always looked very stock so I have never (yet) had this problem... Only thing i've been pulled over for was not having a front plate (like almost 3 years ago)..

I hope the trend of getting pulled over doesn't start now :(

It probably will unless CHP just spent a couple hundred grand on a strong radio bluff.

S14DB
07-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Stay out of the game? CHP tring to act gangster? :rofl:

Yuri
07-17-2006, 10:07 AM
That's it....
I'm going to build a car that looks something along these lines with a stock KA, legal rideheight, stock exhaust, etc. just to mess with ppl....
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Yurikaze/d1180sx.jpg

FaLKoN240
07-17-2006, 10:11 AM
I was thinking the same thing Yuri.

kensreliableb18b
07-17-2006, 10:15 AM
That's it....
I'm going to build a car that looks something along these lines with a stock KA, legal rideheight, stock exhaust, etc. just to mess with ppl....

too late, jdmrice richard kinda did that and the cop still ticketed him for his light bulbs. gay. haha

S13Eye
07-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Thats is... game over man... just pack up your sh!t and move to another state. Friggin Prius driving fart whafters are destroying America.

Worst of all, the cops are spending your money. You paid for their salaries, cars, radars, and ticket books. Now some reject that got his ass kicked in high school is getting that money for equipment and training so he can save the world - starting with you and your car.

docrice
07-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Wow...one of the few reasons I love living in a hick state... I don't care that I have to drive by trailer parks to visit my parents or go to work, I just enjoy my "emissions testing" that consists of them testing my gas cap and, if they feel spunky, looking under the hood to see if it looks like i have an egr...

ThatGuy
07-17-2006, 10:47 AM
S13Eye, no need to blame the Police. Blame the Law Makers that are dictating what the Police have to do. That's like blaming the Military for going to war. We don't make the decision, we just do our jobs.

!Zar!
07-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Meh, who care if a cop pulls me over.

Just a ticket. Cars can be made legal again.

cisco240
07-17-2006, 11:30 AM
This is probably the only reason that I do not look foward to moving back to Cali next year. I've been driving for 2 years in MO w/ my Cali plates (no smog test for me & no front license plate :rawk: ) and the cops over here cant give me any stupid fix-it tickets like Cali cops would.
I know the second I get my car back in Cali, BAM! ticket for some BS.

fromxtor
07-17-2006, 11:42 AM
S13Eye, no need to blame the Police. Blame the Law Makers that are dictating what the Police have to do. That's like blaming the Military for going to war. We don't make the decision, we just do our jobs.

Amen to that, sucks for you guys. I really do feel for ya, thats pretty much why I drive a Spec V as a DD. :(

kandyflip445
07-17-2006, 12:07 PM
I have KS tags so hopefully I don't catch some stupid shit down the road. Does anyone know how to renew your registration while out of state?

S13Eye
07-17-2006, 12:12 PM

I can also blame the military for atrocities, just like i can blame the police officers for loosely interpreteing the law and malpractice.

I blame the idiot cop that didn't know how to use a radar and clocked me while he was moving in the opposite dirrection. Left me with a fine, traffic safety school, and wasted my time. I also blame the bastards that waste their time reading magazines at the convenience store, while they could be helping people. The cops that make me feel like a criminal whenever i drive my car. The sadist that arrested me, asked me if my handcuffs were tight, and clamped them harder when i said yes. I give away my hard earned money so they can have brand new cruisers, while the roads around my house have pot-holes, local schools don't have money for afterschool programs, and my property taxes just keep getting bigger. I can't blame all of that on cops, that wouldn't be fair. If your car was broken into, or you were robbed on the street, would you deserve justice? I think so, you did pay for it. Do you think the police department would find the crook? Most likely not, but i'm sure you feel like you are in fear of getting a BS ticket when you drive.

There are some good cops. Some that actually understand human nature, and the fact that we all make mistakes. Most cops don't understand the profound effects they have on people's lives. To them its just another object, another ticket, and another pay check. They don't see the lives they ruin.

SimpleSexy180
07-17-2006, 01:03 PM
isnt this proof of "profiling" with that radio message?

FRpilot
07-17-2006, 03:59 PM
That's it....

ritzs14's old s13 use to be somewhat like that without as much stickers.. until he put on his greddy turbo kit.

RiversideS13
07-17-2006, 04:17 PM
In the United States, in 2004, the automotive aftermarket industry accounted for $257B in sales. The industry employs 4.54 million people in the U.S.

TheSquidd
07-17-2006, 04:21 PM
There is a completely unjust amount of profiling in my area against anyone driving anything with 2-doors made by a Japanese company. It's insane, you'll get pulled over for your mild muffler, while a Harley Davidson passes by spitting flames out the back with no helmet on and cutting off the guy in his lifted F350 HD that spits out black smoke from the turbodiesel as he talks on the cell phone and runs into some car, proceeds to drive off without leaving any information, all while a cop watches.

My friends have been pulled over numerous times and been ridiculed and delayed on their way to work / school driving STOCK s13's. STOCK, bone stock, stock ride height, everything. They get pulled over constantly and the general attitude of the police man is to point to EVERYTHING on the car, everything and say it's illegal. They go over these cars with a fine toothed comb, meanwhile a new Mustang GT drives by with open pipes and black tint and the cop lets off a load in his drawers and kisses the American flag tatooed on his wrist.

I hate it. The one state left in the country that is still looked at as a home for auto enthusiasts, is one of the most opressive, racist and difficult places to be one.

I've had police officers wait outside my driveway, to the point where I just drove a different car to work (and was followed onto the freeway), yet a few weeks back when I was witnessing a drug deal on my corner, a police officer didn't arrive for nearly 6 hours.

To hell with CA, to hell with the CHP and PD in my area, to hell with the senators that keep passing these BS laws, to hell with the government for giving GRANTS to police officers to bust us, and to hell with the judges that punish us as if we were CRIMINALS.

I @#^ing hate CA, but I will not leave.

HyperTek
07-17-2006, 07:07 PM
so has anyone else heard about this radio announcement or whatever? just like when my friend says he saw on tv how they would arrest people for drifting yet i never heard of it from another source.

I appreciate all the increased police patrols now, makes the area safer.. i see way too many freaking jay walkers, people breaking traffic laws etc on my way to work thru the ghetto areas and it feels good knowning that hopefully there will be a cop around to catch these acts. So far after paying off all my tickets, ive been clean of any harrassments. Gotta admit there are alot of beatass poor cars in socal, not to mention how many of them are probably not insured or licensed.

Since ive cleaned up my car ALOT, i dont get 2nd looks from cops since my exhuast is quiet and finally all one color and my car is pretty ricey too.

Hopefully i can pick up this cheap beater car soon.. early 70's.

The government is only acting in order to control things cuz we got soo many craptastics rolling around that need to get in check. But pulling over modified cars is stupid. They just want money, just like california sales tax and hwo they wanted to tax the internet.

This topic is as strong to me as the problem with illegal immigration.. but i guess they are in the same boat almost

Pennyman
07-17-2006, 08:19 PM
I was out with my buddy last night and saw a guy get pulled over across the street from Taco Hell (he wanted food) and the CHP held him there for probably 20-30 min while the two officers just shot the sh!t and chatted behind their squad car. Finally gave him the ticket, and he left. Cop pulls out the other way. One minute later pulls another guy over for something else. Keeps her there for less than 5 minutes and lets her go.

The point of this story is this: Actually I have no clue. I just saw the guy pulled over and had a flashback to when I was pulled over for reckless driving and was held for 30min...

articdragon192
07-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Screw bad cops. There are on the spot smog check in Irvine now.

usdm180sx
07-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Are you ready for the BAD news now? A buddy of mine with the LA County Sheriffs Dept. just told me that there is a new law saying that the ONLY people who can sign off tickets now are CHP officers. Time to find a CHP friend...

redsuns3838
07-24-2006, 01:27 AM
they spent probly 2/3 of their 5 mil upgrade on those commercials alone. haha, c()cksuckers.
think about it...
5 mil is jack shit in america. think about how much it costs for 2 new officers training and salaries, and a new squad car. u think 5 mil is gonna go far? so what we have 100 extra CHP cops in cali , out of the 1000s that already exist. theyre just bluffing cuz thats all the power they have. CHP, california HIGHWAY patrol. city cops are city cops. CHP is CHP. i personally have only gotten pulled over on the freeway for the obvious, IE speeding, headlight out, etc. i havent heard of many CHP guys pulling ppl over while theyre going 65mph for an *exhaust noise ticket*

its city cops im 10x more worried about.

just mod ur car how u want...the CHP is just bluffing

Dousan_PG
07-24-2006, 01:55 AM
big bluffing
most cops dont know shit about cars
its a job
like any job
i wouldnt stress over it

per the cop who talked w/ me..
apparently my blue vacuum hose for my radiator is illegal.
shit! go figure
body kits=chassis
hahaha

FaLKoN240
07-24-2006, 09:52 AM
big bluffing
its a job
like any job
i wouldnt stress over it

shit! go figure
body kits=chassis
hahaha

Cops are like animals, they see colors, and their eyes are drawn to it.

Dousan_PG
07-24-2006, 11:26 AM
picking on cars is easy
u see it
you turn on signals
done and done. all in a days work

stopping a guy robbing a bank...good luck.
leave that shit to detectives and special units shit

car stops are easy money for the state, city and a good time to act tough for a cop

thats why i got a daily. no worries no stress. and i can still have fun at the track or to the track if i decide to drive instead of trailer it.
sucks yeah i guess i gave in. but is it worth have your $15k+ car impounded because its too low, or loud (by a cops easr, not legally)? i dont think so.

i worry more about my car getting stolen then i do about getting pulled over by the coppers!!

drift freaq
07-24-2006, 11:49 AM
picking on cars is easy
u see it
you turn on signals
done and done. all in a days work

stopping a guy robbing a bank...good luck.
leave that shit to detectives and special units shit

car stops are easy money for the state, city and a good time to act tough for a cop

thats why i got a daily. no worries no stress. and i can still have fun at the track or to the track if i decide to drive instead of trailer it.
sucks yeah i guess i gave in. but is it worth have your $15k+ car impounded because its too low, or loud (by a cops easr, not legally)? i dont think so.

i worry more about my car getting stolen then i do about getting pulled over by the coppers!!

and with that Aaron caps the thread. I could not have said it any better.

DRFT
07-25-2006, 03:11 AM
talk about a cop that can BUST YOUR ASS! gawd damned harold n kumar status....

hey! NPH wouldn't do that.

gotta love that doogie

FRpilot
07-25-2006, 04:29 AM
and with that Aaron caps the thread. I could not have said it any better.

yea im comtemplating about getting a daily.. everytime i drive my car i worry that ill get popped or having it get stolen when i park at a shopping center. i want something that's gas efficient but i want to drive something fast on the streets too. lotus elise it is.. but since i can't afford a 50k car i guess ill have to stick with a civic or something..

TheSquidd
07-25-2006, 09:10 AM
I got a daily that's even more ridiculous than my track car. :duh:

Ghettokracker71
07-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Wow,like somebody said before in this thread...isn't that admitting to profiling people? I don't live in cali,I live on the other side of the country(THANK GOD) The local goverment is wasting tax payers money on things like going after illegally modded cars(in a so-called 'free country') instead of going towards school programs and whatnot? There is alot of talk about Virginia getting emissions testing now-a-days. Great. That means everybody that comes to mind that I know right now would have to drop alot of money into making their car 'legal'.

I really can't stand the way the automotive world is going these days. Everybody is so hybrid crazy....Hey assholes,wtf are you going to do with all those mamoth batteries your stuffing into those hybrids? I'm sure thats really great for the environment(hell we have programs trying to recycle and deal with normal car batteries,and household batteries? )and more and more of crackdowns on people,not just "kids",but people of all ages (my dads truck and my moms car wouldn't pass emissions,I am willing to bet on it.) trying to enjoy a hobby.

Dousan_PG
07-25-2006, 03:36 PM
how is it wasting tax payers money:

cops giving tickets to easy targets (cars)
let's see...CA, exhuast ticket..around 100some bucks PER citation.
one cop doing 2-3 citations a day...over a month's time..equals money in the bank.

which can be distributed to schools, state programmes, etc

its elementary.

confused916
07-28-2006, 11:23 AM
blame the damn F&F movies :-/

andy31144
07-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Blame the stupid kids that copy the movies.

SimpleSexy180
07-28-2006, 04:28 PM
which can be distributed to schools, state programmes, etc

its elementary.

heh, sure they do.

Dousan_PG
07-28-2006, 05:53 PM
i said 'can'
never said 'will'

hahaha

s14xman
07-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Washington state is pretty cool, i think every 240 here is sr or rb except for mine haha, i still have California plates and don't have to smog under some loop hole in the CA DMV dealing with military out of state, so all i have to do is pay registration. In certian areas here you have to smog but i guess it is just a breather test through your tailpipe and they don't even look under the hood!

RedlineRacer
07-29-2006, 01:09 PM
big bluffing
its a job
like any job
i wouldnt stress over it

shit! go figure
body kits=chassis
hahaha

Can you guys not fight bullshit like this? Thats bullshit that a cop would waste your time over a blue colored hose. I know there are plenty of shady lawyers out there that would pick up a case like this and fight for you.

KA24DESOneThree
07-29-2006, 07:22 PM
They're not bluffing, and if you have an illegal car and complain then congrats; you're a moron.

I have no kit. I have no swap. I have no illegal engine mods. I've passed smog. I don't drive like a retard. I use my blinkers.

Don't deserve a ticket and you won't get a ticket. Be illegal, get caught.

S14DB
07-29-2006, 08:55 PM
They're not bluffing, and if you have an illegal car and complain then congrats; you're a moron.

I have no kit. I have no swap. I have no illegal engine mods. I've passed smog. I don't drive like a retard. I use my blinkers.

Since when is a kit and rims illegal?

kouki_s14
08-06-2006, 04:07 PM
I heard another commercial yesterday. This time it was a girl saying...

"Did you know that the CHP is on the lookout for illegally modified cars? And they know what to look for too. Too low, too loud, or too fast, and they will pull you over"

That is almost word for word what i heard

FaLKoN240
08-06-2006, 04:32 PM
HAHAHAHA I'm waiiiiiiting.

TheSquidd
08-06-2006, 06:34 PM

http://www.boring.com/images/CompanyPic.jpg

(I also use my blinkers and drive safe. Modifying, that's a different story.)

That's like saying if you complained about slavery when it was still legal, you're a moron. Sorry, it's an exaggeration I know, but sometimes people don't agree with the laws. It's part of being human, and individual.

My car's illegal, illegal as all hell. But I can guarantee it pollutes less than most the cars on the road, and I drive safe, defensively and curteously. I don't feel I am worthy of thousands of dollars in fines and police persecution for having exhaust and some shiny crap under my hood. I feel, as an informed citizen that these are profit making laws, and that that is morally wrong and should not be something our government officials, which we pay to represent US, should do to it's citizens.

projekt_s13
08-07-2006, 07:15 PM
All the new commercials i hear here in the bay are about boating. For example "If its your boat, its your responsibility" and people taking about an accident they had and how they lost a arm/leg/nut/friend/brother/sister/mother.

The ones that act like total asses are the CHP, ive been pulled over twice by the CHP for having the operating permit on my rear window. I understand that they have to check if my paperworks in order. I show him the usual Lic/Reg/Ins then he hassles me about my stock 240, i was only lowered (not dumped) at the time. Then he takes a look at my operating permit and says its fake, I get arrested. Luckly another CHP arrives then somehow they figure its real, i get the handcuff's taken off without any apology about the mistake they tell me to leave. Pissed me off so much becuase they didnt apologize, Ive been pulled over a total of 15 times in the last month and a half. I dont drive like an ass or speed. I dont hate cops but some could atleast lighten up.

wow sorry for the long post.

downshift_sideways
08-07-2006, 07:27 PM
/\/\ I like the "nut", thats very common I'm guessing.

Last time I got pulled over the cop opened my hood, and saw a bone stock KA, but since I had blue NGK wires, They somehow figured that I could have "NOS" in my car, So they pulled thier flashlights towards my firewall, guess what they saw? shit, just my fuel rails and crappy underhood paint..

so lame.

Fuck Cops, Dont Drive Stupid and you shouldnt worry, If you have a illegal Swap then get a daily driver,

If you have an illegal swap, and choose to use it as your daily, then dont bitch when they siren your ass.

keep the beast at home ( swap ) take out the warrior ( DD )

And I agree with everything Aaron is saying

Yuri
08-08-2006, 10:38 AM
My secret weapon:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Yurikaze/awesomeexhaust.jpg

Cops see it and laugh. I guess it's better than being pulled over.

HyperTek
08-08-2006, 11:05 PM
haha they aint like "you got a modded tip on there" lol

TheSquidd
08-08-2006, 11:19 PM
You must spred some rep around before giving it to Impactred again.

Rayne
08-16-2006, 12:42 AM
There is a completely unjust amount of profiling in my area against anyone driving anything with 2-doors made by a Japanese company. It's insane, you'll get pulled over for your mild muffler, while a Harley Davidson passes by spitting flames out the back with no helmet on and cutting off the guy in his lifted F350 HD that spits out black smoke from the turbodiesel as he talks on the cell phone and runs into some car, proceeds to drive off without leaving any information, all while a cop watches.

My friends have been pulled over numerous times and been ridiculed and delayed on their way to work / school driving STOCK s13's. STOCK, bone stock, stock ride height, everything. They get pulled over constantly and the general attitude of the police man is to point to EVERYTHING on the car, everything and say it's illegal. They go over these cars with a fine toothed comb, meanwhile a new Mustang GT drives by with open pipes and black tint and the cop lets off a load in his drawers and kisses the American flag tatooed on his wrist.

I hate it. The one state left in the country that is still looked at as a home for auto enthusiasts, is one of the most opressive, racist and difficult places to be one.

I've had police officers wait outside my driveway, to the point where I just drove a different car to work (and was followed onto the freeway), yet a few weeks back when I was witnessing a drug deal on my corner, a police officer didn't arrive for nearly 6 hours.

To hell with CA, to hell with the CHP and PD in my area, to hell with the senators that keep passing these BS laws, to hell with the government for giving GRANTS to police officers to bust us, and to hell with the judges that punish us as if we were CRIMINALS.

I @#^ing hate CA, but I will not leave.

I will agree with you on a great deal of your post. However I do have one thing to say. Some motorcyclist, if not all, have loud exhaust systems because they want to be noticed. I saw a bumper sticker on a motor cycle that I used to see on a regular basis, that simply stated. "How many motorcycles have you counted today?" The bumper sticker got me thinking and a began to look for motorcycles on the road. While driving North on the 405, during rush hour, I usually spotted motor cycles nine or ten car sometimes more behind me. Anyway...back to my point....the loud exhaust on motor cycles have a purpose. Also unless the laws have changed, again, motorcyclist are not required, by law, to wear a helmet.

If you can catch the license plate number of any vehicle that lets out black smoke, you can report the vehicle to the DMV.

This fact sucks, but it is true. Factory or dealership installed tints are street legal regardless of how dark they are.

HKsilvia
08-16-2006, 02:08 AM
^ i heard about the motorcyle exhaust stuff, but...not that loud, its loud enough to hurt your ears, loud enough to wake u up in mid-night, i think they have at least 130dbs. and they love to fukin rev up to catch attention.
is it fair? no
is it stupid? yes

undesiredshoe
08-16-2006, 03:03 AM
harleys are like 1000000 times louder than my s13

FaLKoN240
08-16-2006, 08:45 AM
I got pulled over last night, but the chick officer was pretty cool. I don't think she wanted to give me a ticket, she just wanted to check me out, and make sure I wasn't drunk or anything.

kouki_s14
08-16-2006, 12:25 PM
I got pulled over last night, but the chick officer was pretty cool. I don't think she wanted to give me a ticket, she just wanted to check me out, and make sure I wasn't drunk or anything.

haha someones a bit conceited......jp
lucked out there, what was the reason she gave you?
driving funny?

RiversideS13
08-16-2006, 04:16 PM
3 weeks ago i got pull over on my daily drive 96 accord inside UCR. the officier requested me to pop my hood and intend to cite me for the AEM cold air intake. he thinks it is illegal because the filter goes underneath the car and he suspects i cut the hole in the airbox location. He also bursted out a photo diagram that tells him what to look for. i tell him to call AEM to varifey the design and the CARB sticker number, he refused. Lastly he asked me if i have any JDM stuffs on the car. And than he cited me for the loud exhaust (went to refree and got it test out 93db, dismiss) and no front license plate. idiot