PDA

View Full Version : wtb shift knob for s14 sr tranny

drift-it
07-01-2006, 02:04 AM
recently got a swap done and I need a knob that will fit the s14 sr tranny, looking for preferably new. if you know of a website that sells them that would also be appreciated. thanks

hitman
07-01-2006, 02:38 AM
its the same shift knob you tard nate.
reuse your old one loser.
-matt

irax
07-01-2006, 05:11 AM
i got a stock s14 shift knob if you want...

drift-it
07-01-2006, 12:12 PM
it's not the same tard my stock one goes right over the new tranny. it's too big

Brian
07-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Wow, for everybody else, they work.
You must have got something weird.
congrats.

SilentSamurai8
07-01-2006, 02:46 PM
they should all be the same thread pitch. If not I have AN S14 TRANNY and will sell you my knob or say...$30. :)

whomiked
07-01-2006, 03:26 PM
go to autozone tard

drift-it
07-01-2006, 07:07 PM
I don't know but the old shift knob slides right down and off no trouble at all. It could be the tranny thats fucked up but i don't know. Also i'm a newb(yes i've already searched) with some things with the sr so i thought it was a different size when it wasn't even close to fitting. The ones at auto zone are jenky as hell, you slam on a plastic piece over the thread, then put the shift knob over that and screw in little screws into the plastic. I've been there and done that. But if it's supposed to fit than i'm fucked.

SilentSamurai8
07-01-2006, 07:40 PM
:aw: look inside the hole, there should be a smaller section at inside. YOU HAVE TO SCREW IT ON. I have a stock one, and a Greddy shift knob for my RX7. I can slide it on and off as well. Even slide it on and off my finger. Lots of space.

You have to slide it on and THEN screw it on the rest of the way tell its tight. And dont froget, righty tighty, lefty loosie. :goyou:

drift-it
07-01-2006, 09:52 PM
dude i'm not really retarded, that other guy's a friend. no shit it slides down then screws on, fixed the problem and swaped in another mount and it works now, lock this thread, and save it from more stupidity

projectRDM
07-01-2006, 10:55 PM
lock this thread, and save it from more stupidity

I seriously don't think that's possible now.

SilentSamurai8
07-01-2006, 11:48 PM
dude i'm not really retarded, that other guy's a friend. no shit it slides down then screws on, fixed the problem and swaped in another mount and it works now, lock this thread, and save it from more stupidity

I know your not REALLY retarded. I was trying to explain it as CLEARLY as I could. The way you explained it sounded like you had never touched a rench before. sorry. You did not explain the problem very clearly...people cant just read your mind and see what you have and have not tried to fix the problem with such a broad qestion. The damn thing should fit.

"It just slides right down and off no trouble at all". Really descriptive...what was I to say.

ANYWAY. Glad it worked out for you. Stupidity? Yeah, I would say so. :rolleyes:

irax
07-02-2006, 02:23 AM
I seriously don't think that's possible now.:fruit: :Ownedd: