PDA

View Full Version : faster server

stinky_180
06-04-2006, 10:41 PM
pages loads are too slow, makes me not want to wait so i click on a my other 240sx tabs and browse them instead.

mrmephistopheles
06-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Are you saying you're going to be buying Zilvia a new server?
I'd guess that's a fair trade for the unpaid advertisement going on in your sig.
What's the point of griping if you're not going to offer a solution?

FaLKoN240
06-05-2006, 12:09 AM
pages loads are too slow, makes me not want to wait so i click on a my other 240sx tabs and browse them instead.

That's fine, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

exitspeed
06-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Are you saying you're going to be buying Zilvia a new server?

What a nice guy offering to buy zilvia a new server.
We really appreaciate it stinky_180 ;)

Nan Desu Ka?!
06-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Seems you could easily afford it with that booming business proposition in your signature.

You may leave now.

Neejay
06-05-2006, 09:52 PM
LOL...wow, was he just making a comment, suggestion, or complaint? How are we supposed to comment on this exactly.

SochBAT
06-06-2006, 01:23 AM
What a jerk.

Rule Of Thumb!
Premie Post = Consider reading
Normal User Post = Ignore.

Lets Premie-atize!

stinky_180
06-06-2006, 01:36 PM
looks liek that sticker i bought was a waiste.

73.00 seconds to load one page, gg

ThatGuy
06-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Looks like those spelling lessons were a WASTE. :keke:

Honestly, if you are going to make a complaint, do so with some tact, and offer a sollution. If you are just going to whine and then talk about going a different site, we're just going to tell you to leave and go the other site. Plain and simple. BTW, you were asked nicely to change your signature, no need to whine and cause confrontation with it now. As I have said many times before, if you don't like Zilvia.net, LEAVE.

mrmephistopheles
06-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Whats REALLY funny is that it's either you computer or your connection.
I'm in FUCKING JAPAN and I get fast page loads.

Akiros
06-07-2006, 12:31 AM
out of curiosity, what are the server specs for zilvia? I assume its on a fully dedicated server, and who is the host if I could ask?

stinky_180
06-07-2006, 03:11 AM
i have cable modem which is aroudn 5mbits. i hardly browse this site and when i went to check on the update on this thread, my sig was already changed. and i am not whining im giving a suggestion. and my solution is my topic, faster server, kthx.

stinky_180
06-07-2006, 03:13 AM
owh nose, i shpelt shomething rong on teh intraweb.

RJF
06-07-2006, 08:15 AM
It's on a dedicated 2.8GHz Xeon with 3GB of memory and 300GB of disk space. The server is located at a Tier 1 co-location data center with multiple connections to the backbone.

BTW, 9 GB of traffic were processed by the server yesterday.

exitspeed
06-07-2006, 12:17 PM
i have cable modem which is aroudn 5mbits. i hardly browse this site and when i went to check on the update on this thread, my sig was already changed. and i am not whining im giving a suggestion. and my solution is my topic, faster server, kthx.

Wow this thread is just terrible. Your posts just keep cementing the fact that you should move on to another forum. :fawk:

mrmephistopheles
06-07-2006, 04:22 PM

What you don't seem to get is that the servers aren't moving slowly. I didn't experience any slowness at any time within the past week, and we've been pushing alot of data! You seem to be the minority here.

FaLKoN240
06-08-2006, 02:07 AM
When I'm at work the forum is slow, but I don't care because I'm not supposed to be really browsing Zilvia while I'm at work anyways, when I'm home Zilvia is as fast/faster than other forums, so it doesn't bother me much.

stinky_180
06-08-2006, 02:50 AM
oh wellz, the server is slower than my single cam. whatevers

Akiros
06-08-2006, 06:35 PM
It's on a dedicated 2.8GHz Xeon with 3GB of memory and 300GB of disk space. The server is located at a Tier 1 co-location data center with multiple connections to the backbone.

BTW, 9 GB of traffic were processed by the server yesterday.

9GB, :P thats nothing, uploader.ws (i co-own it in a way) has done 200+gb in a day before, but bw usually bounces in between 35-70gb daily.

but to the original poster:
VBulletin is very slow, lots of bad queries, for instance, genmay.com uses it on its forum software and spent nearly 15k this year on new hardware for it to run fast. So "slowness" could be because harddrive,cpu, or even ram (100mbps port is fine)at this point, so unless zilvia hits the lotto, right now should suffice unless you'd like to buy a new server for zilvia.:bigok:

S14DB
06-08-2006, 11:02 PM
I talked with Bob about upgrading once. The problem is that the Proc they used is hard to find. So, Unless a whole new mobo and CPU(s) is bought. We're stuck for now.
I had an article I was using on speeding up vB. I'll find it and PM it to RJF. Little tweaks may help. But, the user load at peak times is impressive.

stinky_180
06-09-2006, 01:57 AM
nice info akiros. cot damn vbulletin^^ good luck with upgrading.

RJF
06-09-2006, 09:31 AM
We are developing a plan for a new server and will probably split the load between the two servers. vBulletin on one server and the mySQL databases (which are now over 2GB for Zilvia alone) on the second, newer, faster server.

Right now we don't have the funds available to go out and buy this tomorrow, but we are investigating the option to offer an Uber-Premium Membership (slightly higher price) to help raise the funds.

Neejay
06-09-2006, 10:07 AM
We are developing a plan for a new server and will probably split the load between the two servers. vBulletin on one server and the mySQL databases (which are now over 2GB for Zilvia alone) on the second, newer, faster server.

Right now we don't have the funds available to go out and buy this tomorrow, but we are investigating the option to offer an Uber-Premium Membership (slightly higher price) to help raise the funds.
"Uber-Premium Membership" Nice name :) Can't wait for this to happen :)

Akiros
06-12-2006, 04:56 PM
im sure you could find the cpu somewhere, buying all that new shit would be pointless (ebay for cheap all day, and pricewatch, im sure itd be somewhere, froogle it) anyways, even if it was hard to find, im sure itd be easier to buy 2 procs of the same socket of the current mobo instead of buying brand new hardware

S14DB
06-12-2006, 10:37 PM
im sure you could find the cpu somewhere, buying all that new shit would be pointless (ebay for cheap all day, and pricewatch, im sure itd be somewhere, froogle it) anyways, even if it was hard to find, im sure itd be easier to buy 2 procs of the same socket of the current mobo instead of buying brand new hardware
Naw, I searched. They were going for like $800. Can get the top of the line 771 procs for $339 at newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819117076
So, it would be cheaper to buy two new ones.