PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: Bride Zeta III (non-sport)

TurDz
06-02-2006, 03:42 AM
Hey all.

I wasn't sure where to put this but I wanted to share my initial experience with my new Bride Zeta III w/ FG rails.

Sizing
I'm small at 5'6, 130lbs, 29-in waist, proportional legs/shoulder width, etc (i think...lol). Big head kinda...

Didn't crush my balls...lol....just perfect. I think I'm a bit short for the regular Zeta III, as my shoulders don't reach to the middle of the buckskin leather shoulder pads. Nonetheless, anyone my size and proportion should fit very well in this.

Body Fitment
You don't really know how nice it feels until it's actually in your car. I watched some NBA playoffs in it (with the bucket on the couch) and it was really comfortable. I could've stayed for hours.

When I had it installed in the car, it was a totally different feeling for some reason, and when I started driving, it was even more prononced. It's probably because you've had the feeling of a stock seat for so long....

It hugs in just the right places. Not too tight anywhere. If I was any bigger (more meat) I think it would fit even more snugly, but at that point I wouldn't be sure if it would pass as a daily driver (IMO). I have just enough room to keep my body very relaxed. I was surprised how comfy it is being only an FRP shell & some thin foam. Seems like they may have done research on egonomics.

One major fear I had was not being able to nap when I get tired on the road. It was the exact opposite. It sat more reclined than I expected, and I could lay my head back in a very comfy position to get quick nap. I think this design was also considered due to drivers wearing big helmets.

Headroom: Considering my size, I had about two fists width of headroom to the roof, or about 7-8''. LOL. I used the middle height holes and feel SOO short now...almost as if my eyes are right above the top of my door panel near the window (not really though).

Legroom, Reach: One problem was the actual position you're sitting in. It's great for track/drift/etc, but your position is change in such a way that in order to keep similar pedal & steering wheel distance, I had to sit farther back than I expected. So now, my shifter is much more forward (which I like, because my elbow used to interfere with interior stuff before) but the radio and steering wheel are a bit far forward. Solution for the wheel would probably be an aftermarket wheel & small spacer. As for pedal distance, it feels even more sports-car like since my legs are near horizontal when pressing the pedals.

Seat Fitment in car
I'm most impressed by how well the seat fits. You can tell that you get what you pay for. I had my doubts paying up the @$$ for a Bride. But when you assemble it and have it all done, it is near OEM-fitment. The 4 seat bolts lined up almost perfectly (except the one that bolts sideways...took just a little squeeze) and when its all assembled, it is SUPER SOLID. No play at all...no vibrations, movement, even with torsional forces. It inspires confidence in its safety.

Opinion, Driver feel
In terms of describing the feel. Well, lets just say it I feel so planted in my car now that I pity any passenger I have when I drive aggressively. I almost feel like I have an unfair advantage. I feel so confident with the car and how it is reacting. This is important since I am on stock suspension, stock wheels, only with Azenis RT-215 and racing brake pads.

It almost makes me want to immediately get another type of bucket (possibly a brix II?) to "equalize" the feel between two people in the car. For some reason I feel this is important.

With a good fitting bucket seat, you feel "at one" with the car. I'm on stock suspension, but it feels like I got lowering springs and performance improvement. Weird huh? Maybe part of that is with the stock seat, you tend to slide around which your body may perceive as body roll, loss of traction, etc. When you're strapped in, you really get to feel the four corners of the car, and enhances your awareness of what your car is doing, which is essential in improving on the track.

Pros
- Enhanced car & road feel
- With the correct seat choice, perfect fitment
- Better overall seating position for aggressive driving
- Extra headroom (even w/ middle holes)
- Can rest elbows on thigh bolsters with hands @ 9 & 3 (GREAT!)
- Superior fitment, solidity, build quality
- JDM :wavey:

Cons
- Enter/exit vehicle w/o detachable wheel (I'm small so its no prob...feels like I'm in a jungle gym getting out, haha)
- Radio reach
- w/ rails, heavier than stock? based on my perception
- such a pretty piece of art, I'd love to preserve it
- non-reclinable

This is my first real mod in the 3 years that I've had the car, and I'm very glad I did this FIRST, despite so many temptations to get some lower springs, strut braces, accessories, etc.

Hope this helps certain people out.

P.S. Thanks to Jay @ C2AutoSPL for good service & pricing. Too bad my seat model (gradation) is always on backorder!!

SiI40sx
06-02-2006, 04:02 AM
who carrress stay with stockkk sreats!!!v haahahahaah im dRUNKNK!!!!

sw20>>s14
06-02-2006, 04:55 PM
yeah...you actually grow attached with it after a while...so beautiful...im very sad of letting go of mine today...

yeah, to sum it up, its perfect for guys of our size...im about 5'8, 135lbs, 29" waist...

i would imagine that the zeta sport fits the same...with the exception of the feel of the split cushion...