PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Those who go up to GMR

the bee guy
06-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Yes I know I know, street racing is bad, but I know some of us do it. If you guys go up to GMR, PLEASE be careful. A couple Honda guys got held at gunpoint the other day and were carjacked up there.
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1647232

If you insist on going up there, go with a group of people just to be safe... If you wanna be safer, KEEP IT OFF THE STREETS! :eek3d:

TheSquidd
06-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Wow. hahaha. God I hate CA for this shit. I've been carjacked, had cars stolen, been jumped. It's fucking ridiculous out here with these thugs.

Like the post says, roll in large groups and keep an eye out for shady cats.

GMR isn't worth it anyway, between the cops, the cliffs and the car jackers, wtf why go up there? Course is crazy dangerous with tons of traffic going up and down all night and too many gangsters parked at the top in Mom's SUV or BMW bumping the coolest new crunk song.

jdm538
06-02-2006, 12:30 AM
damn very sad thing i guess people are becoming desperate and greedy. there is no more safe places and too hang out. they said a subaru legacy also got stolen at gunpoint. atleast no one was hurt.

OMGWTFBBQ
06-02-2006, 12:45 AM
read about that on honda-tech
thats fucked up

EchoOfSilence
06-02-2006, 12:49 AM
what the fuck? are you serious?
I thought it was fun to take Jess up there. damnit, people... it was a nice date-place, followed by some nice spirited driving.

damn. well, it isn't good to go up there alone in the first place anyway.
damnit, that's the last place I wanted to worry about.

A Spec Products
06-02-2006, 02:40 AM
I don't understand why people go up in the canyons anyhow, too much risk for my blood. A track day gets it out of my system.

I'm afraid of the dark...hehe.

No but seriously though, if I ever ended up in the canyons, please believe my car would be MOVING the whole time so sure as hell no one would hold me at gunpoint, unless they gonna pull some moving car gunfight shit.

And if they want my car, then have it, my life's not worth it.

$10 says those guns the guys had in the Honda-Tech post were probably BB guns or fake. I don't think real thieves would go to such measures, probably just punks.

TAMTANIUM
06-02-2006, 02:48 AM
I read it all on honda-tech forums. I'm not sure if they got gunpoints while driving or at a pit stop up there. If i see them coming..I will seriously ramp those [email protected]%!!!!!! off the cliff. Those bastard!

xtreme_s14
06-02-2006, 08:52 PM
have someone park at the top of GMR as bait and have eleventy billion other people hide! ..and when those guys bite on the bait, everyone just dump on them! (dump = shoot the fuck out of 'em!) that would be the best thing ever! ..or beat the crap out of 'em, tie 'em to a rope at the back of the car and run GMR up and down 'til the break of dawn! yay!

fliprayzin240sx
06-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Im sure they werent in their cars. People go up to the spot and park off the side of the road. People were prolly chillin outside *trying to find reception on their cells* and they get rolled on.

CrappyS13
06-03-2006, 01:06 AM
i know i will prolyl get flamed for this but i jsut wanna know if any of you havea gun that you keep in your car? i got one in the trunk but i rarely put it in my car. but i know alot of honda guys back in the day that actually carried guns to the drag races. but now i am a legal type of person. drifting on the track only. drive a big ugly truck for daily.

anyways...good luck to all you guys that run out there. its a good thought to keep in mind you cant trust everybody.