PDA

View Full Version : INITIAL D: The Movie

speedstar01
05-26-2006, 03:20 PM
what do you all think of this movie? i thought it was pretty cool. Iggy or Itsuki was friggin hilarious!!!:axe: it had lots of memorable moments. the english dubbing made it that much better, hehehe. well opinions anyone?

EEdude
05-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Where have you been? The movie came a while ago and I think there were a couple of threads on this topic.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=99129&highlight=Initial+movie
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=90181&highlight=Initial+movie
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=84759&highlight=Initial+movie

oOdextaOo
05-26-2006, 03:26 PM
there was an english dubbed version? man, i </3 foreign movies that have english dub. the movie itself was okay at best.

1. it didn't follow the story of the anime. boooooo.
2. jay chou looks like a goofy cross eyed emo kid, but i guess him being a shy quiet guy makes him fit takumi's role.
3. this movie makes me lose faith in hk cinema who's sole purpose seems to be to make money more than put out anything of real quality.

EEdude
05-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Makes no difference to a movie even if its english dubbed.

So has anybody seen Jet Li's latest Fearless movie? I heard its going to be his last Kungfu movie.

swvadrift
05-26-2006, 03:57 PM
The movie itself was good, however I didn't like how they pretty much had Itsuki and Koichiro as the same person, that kinda threw off the whole movie, but other then that characters like Seiji and Ryosuke were done pretty well, the driving and the special effects were also very good, out of a 10 I would probably give it a 7.5

infinitexsound
05-26-2006, 03:57 PM
they always say that, saw the trailer when i wtched the da vinci code.... sounds like a good movie jet li's i mean....

speedstar01
05-26-2006, 05:50 PM
The movie itself was good, however I didn't like how they pretty much had Itsuki and Koichiro as the same person, that kinda threw off the whole movie, but other then that characters like Seiji and Ryosuke were done pretty well, the driving and the special effects were also very good, out of a 10 I would probably give it a 7.5

i agree, the movie needed more cars and characters. it would be cool to see Hollywood remake this movie:p

swvadrift
05-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah the Chinese didn't really do as good of a job as they could have, there is a great storyline that could be made into a really good movie, it's just finding the right people to do it.

SilviaNinja240
05-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Pretty impossible to do the entire Initial D 1st and 2nd stage in 2 hours, turning 760 minutes into 120 minutes, corners had to be cut :p

a94cardude
05-26-2006, 07:16 PM
that girl iggy was with right outside the love motel was dam hot, i'd do her in the butt ....:boink:

imo way better than "takumi's gf"

silverarrow27
05-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Makes no difference to a movie even if its english dubbed.

So has anybody seen Jet Li's latest Fearless movie? I heard its going to be his last Kungfu movie.

Jet Li's latest movie Fearless is a good movie. Not his best but good. I say Jackie Chan's latest movies Hero and Police Story are pretty awesome. These American directors/producers just can't make good movies with good actors.

aznpoopy
05-27-2006, 12:38 AM
the initial D movie was terrible.

would've been better if they turned the first few episodes into a movie, with the 1st race /w keisuke at the end of the movie. could've made it a franchise.

oh, and ditch that stupid asian hip hop crap and put in jp eurobeat, true to the anime.

the only good thing imo was the choice of actor for ryosuke.