PDA

View Full Version : el mirage on sat may 27th

faded1004
05-25-2006, 02:10 PM
okay kiddies, sat is going to be coolest! it is going be a chill 76 during the afternoon!!! this is a great time to go!!! just wondering if anyone wants to go with me!!! i just picked up my exhaust and i am going to go to signal in a big to try to get an electric fan swap and controller put in asap! anwyays, even if dont' have working fans i will still go, i just can't drive hard.

i want to leave around 3pm? get there around 5ish? get a few daylight top speed runs, and then do some donuts while the sun sets. and then when the gas runs out go home... it will be good to stay until night, cause i can show anyone how to get out of the lake bed when there is no light... so when you come back on your own, you will know how to get home.

i will have 1 big white cone... not sure how it will be with more then 5 cars, but i am hoping i can get 2 other cars then me? anyways, let me know if you wanna tag along... i am sure i will run out of gas before 12pm... hahaha... may be we can all go to car wash after? and just hose off the outside? haven't looked to see if there are any quick 2 dollar places aroung there... hahaha...

wanna leave my place: 3pm
gas station at 210fwy and 15 fwy: 4pm ish
lake bed: 5pm ish

wanna do there:

take a few pics of my car before it gets dusty...
do some high speed brake practice...
practice 2nd gear turns...

time may be delayed a bit... just wanna throw this out there to see if i can go with a few people... i only have 1 cone, anyone else have cones? i think we need like 5 more? hahaha, this time i wanna get some high speed turn practice in...

IAM_SO_sLOw
05-25-2006, 04:35 PM
lol me and my friends went last night... pretty dopeee.... we're trying to plan something next thursday....lol we were thinking about bringing like 30 cones... lol set up a little DD or smething... and we were planing to go there around 4am... and spend the morning there...

btw... thanks for the directions and stuff...lol we wouldnt have got there w/o you

HyperTek
05-25-2006, 05:01 PM
the guys there suggest not drifting or anything.. becuase it will create ridges and cuts in the dirt, and high speed runs may hit those and cause accidents..

ciGARRETTsRbad4u
05-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Its only going to be 76 on Sat?
Sounds fun, but 5pm is pretty late.

td5turbo
05-25-2006, 08:35 PM
I would love to go...but my brakes are not working at the moment...do this again in about a week or two and I will try and "borrow" some cones from the local construction site, haha

faded1004
05-25-2006, 09:25 PM
hahaha, yea i needed alot of cones... anyways, the time really isn't set... either in the morning or the afternoon is okay for me... lets tryt o plan something.... putting exhaust and stuff on car right now! hahahaha...

faded1004
05-26-2006, 03:47 AM
okay, cool... looks like we got a few people going... i think that is it? hahaha... should be a nice cruise...

carnal_c30
05-26-2006, 12:34 PM
dont do this where people will do high speed runs.... thats jacked up

wickdmarz
05-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Just keep it to the very outside and watch out for the park rangers they will ticket you and kick you out.

i20ar
05-26-2006, 05:34 PM
soo no drifting? or drifting on the outside?

wickdmarz
05-26-2006, 05:40 PM
You can't drift anywhere near the center, keep to places already messed up. But they still complain since it will eventually help the cracks grow bigger and destroy more. If you can travel to another one...theres a few more lake beds not too far away and you won't have to risk messing up for land speed trials. From what I remember it's actually illegal for our cars on mirage, but you can go to other ones legally, because of the land speed stuff.

shiftd0wn
05-26-2006, 06:25 PM
can i tag along. i live in long beach too

IAM_SO_sLOw
05-26-2006, 06:55 PM
You can't drift anywhere near the center, keep to places already messed up. But they still complain since it will eventually help the cracks grow bigger and destroy more. If you can travel to another one...theres a few more lake beds not too far away and you won't have to risk messing up for land speed trials. From what I remember it's actually illegal for our cars on mirage, but you can go to other ones legally, because of the land speed stuff.

do you know exactly where the legal ones are? how come our cars are illegal?

faded1004
05-27-2006, 11:02 AM
well, basically you just need to make sure you dont' destroy the lake... when i go i usually try to find a small area near the side, away from everyone else... and just mess around... hahahah... so far i have 1 person confirmed... i wanna leave this afternoon... pm me your number if you wanna tag along, i will tell you where to meet and more info if you want...

i finall finished my exhaust!!! i am soooo going!!!

SiI40sx
05-27-2006, 12:59 PM
LETS GO NOW!!! whos down??

faded1004
05-27-2006, 01:38 PM
hahaha, okay... tim to go!!! i will post some pics of this time when i go... there is goin to be daylight!!! leaving around 1-2pm

SiI40sx
05-27-2006, 10:01 PM
haha it was sooooooooooo much fun, did like top speed runs, measured braking 0-80, TRIED drifting around this one post, SUPER DOPE. So much fun, there was a grip of atv's nshit and we STILL had room to fuck around.... i managed to go up to 120mph in my stang, i think the tires couldnt grab the floor any faster than that. Did 3rd and 4th gear jdm tyte drifts haha and my girlfriend took a stab at it, HIGH recommeded for practice, its a great place to go to to learn steering and throttle control. All you need is your litte chunk of space and ur good. I thought of a remedy on the way back for those show queens, tape up your entire car with plastic (your typical kitchen plastic) or the one used on to cover up new cars. Just a thin layer of plastic will save your car for fine dust.

td5turbo
05-28-2006, 05:14 AM
I know you said that it would/might be hard to get there without an LSD, but if I was to tag along with you (maybe in a week or two if your still game) do you think I could do it on an open diff? I just got done swapping my Z32 brakes and cant wait to test 120-0 stopping power!

shiftd0wn
05-28-2006, 10:04 AM
i have an open diff and got there just fine. woulda been a lot more fun if i had lsd though.

faded1004
05-28-2006, 10:27 PM
wow 120!!!! damn that is going fast!!! i did a few from 80-100 and man, if you aren't quick on the steering and good ont he brakes, you can totally spin out! hahaha...

anyways, just tag along... i am for sure going again!!! hahaha...

IAM_SO_sLOw
05-29-2006, 02:26 AM
lol when i went last thursday.... i went 80 and pulled the ebrake and tried to do a 360 and recover ahahha then i went reverse and tried to bust a fast and furious =PPP

faded are you down to go thursday morning 4am- like noonish?

faded1004
05-29-2006, 02:30 AM
this thursday? i think i am working... i will have to get back to you... hahaha... i have a carboy meet to go to tomorrow... damn, trying to get the car ready...

just put on exhaust and today i finished lowering the car! hahaha, the car looks better...

vinhnumber
06-05-2006, 03:27 PM
yo pm me the next time you guys go, i have a chit load of tires i didn't burn after IDD =]

faded1004
06-06-2006, 07:05 PM
hahaha, yea, i will post the next time i go, i will be looking every once in a while to see if anyone else post up anything... yea, it was fun, i have alot of stuff to fix now, put in new tension rods, so i need alignment, and my wheel bearing is going bad... so many things all of a sudden...dammit, this sucks

DaHamma
06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Yea me and my bro and a friend went out last weekend we got there around 6am . No one hassled us (alot of motocycle guys where actually watching cheering us on) just stick to an edge and try not to go to the center. We will go again within a week or two :naughty:

IAM_SO_sLOw
06-08-2006, 12:17 AM
when i went i couldnt see anything... i was wondering what is considereed the edge? when you enter we stayed within 1/4 mile or so....is that considered the edge? how long and wide is the bed anyways?

td5turbo
06-08-2006, 01:50 AM
I would like to go or tag along. I finally got my car all working. Let me know if you want to go next weekend or something (not this sat, but next).

faded1004
06-08-2006, 12:57 PM
may be i can go this weekend? not sure yet, i am getting new tires int he front and getting alignment, if i can get this done by the weekend i will post another trip...

TheSquidd
06-08-2006, 01:45 PM
A. how gay you guys could drift? When me and the BMW guys went out there, everytime someone pitched sideways a security guard came and said if we break traction they'll kick us out. (they don't want the surface broken because it creates sinkholes.)

B. It's hella freaky out there if you aren't careful. The sheer size of the place ruins your depth perception and you can easily end up running into someone or flying off the flat @ 120mph cause you couldn't tell how fast it was ending.

C. good times though.

vinhnumber
06-08-2006, 02:40 PM
gyhkahna im down, drifting also i'll bring a few cones with friends!

DaHamma
06-08-2006, 06:32 PM
We were right in the beging , There is 2 spots you can go in from first left then another openning about a block up. both spots wioll take you to the lake its just the secound takes you further up. The edge is considered where the dirt and rocks start to clump up and bumpy ( you can tell its not as smooth as the lake ) width id say about a 1 1/2 to 2 miles some parts get even wider length ???? very long. I would suggest go in the mornning like sunrise and just stick to the sides with minimal people , We were there about 4 hours not a single problem

DaHamma
06-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Here are some pics of that days events
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/pinkpounder/th_SUC50938Medium.jpg (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/pinkpounder/SUC50938Medium.jpg)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/pinkpounder/th_SUC50955Medium.jpg (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/pinkpounder/SUC50955Medium.jpg)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/pinkpounder/th_SUC509571Medium.jpg (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/pinkpounder/SUC509571Medium.jpg)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/pinkpounder/th_DAlilbrew1Medium.jpg (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/pinkpounder/DAlilbrew1Medium.jpg)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/pinkpounder/th_DavidMedium1.jpg (http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/pinkpounder/DavidMedium1.jpg)

ciGARRETTsRbad4u
06-13-2006, 11:59 PM
So when is the next trip?

faded1004
06-14-2006, 11:02 AM
hahahaha, you know it is so hard to take pics when you go, i was way to busy driving... hahahaa... nice pics! hahaha...

fcdrifer17
06-23-2006, 02:45 PM
a bunch of my friends are going tonight... we'll hoping to be there around 10pm.. if any of you guys wanna role pm me your number or meet us over there.. im bringin about 8 cars..