PDA

View Full Version : Damm just crashed my 240 :(

0nfir3
05-24-2006, 10:26 AM
So i was practicing my (non-existing) drifting skills when takin a corner held it for awhile but then spun outa control and hit the curb pretty hard :rant:

My back tire liek points in now when u drive it it makes awful noise
So i looked at it and i think i bent the shit out of teh lower control bar
And in the front left too i think i fucked up my control bar and tie rod maybe i duno

So any of u guys know a good place to get it fixed or to get cheap parts?
I know the manager at nissan dealership but manager discount is still expensive.

So yeah any advice would be great...

Thanks

exitspeed
05-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Ha, join the club.

Cheap parts=salvage yard. I put my whole suspension back together with just a few trips to the local pick and pull.

DO the work yourself. Our susp. is really simple. It'll be worth it in the long run and will save you hundreds of dollars.

GL...

0nfir3
05-24-2006, 10:41 AM
I would but the only tools i have is a psi tire pressure gauge :squint: and a jackstand that came with a car and a couple of flathead and philips screwdrivers (lol)

plus i wouldnt even know where to start :confused:

spdfreek0o
05-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Get a fsm or even just a hanes or chiltons manual. Fixing your own suspension is a good way to start learning. As far as tools, use the money your going to save by fixing it yourself. Or part out/get rid of the car because you don't deserve to have it if you break it and can't fix it.

S13 Charlie
05-24-2006, 10:58 AM
S-chassis' suspensions are not all that difficult to work on. If you don't know where to start, just compare the broken side to the not-broken side. Look for bent parts, then find them in the junkyard. Find a friend with tools and get to work replacing the busted parts. Make sure you get an alignment, or else you'll be buying new tires soon as well.

If you can't manage all that, then you're only other option is to take it to a mechanic and have him do all the work. If you can't afford to do that then you shouldn't be drifting anywhere near curbs when you're not comfortable with your car and skills. It also sounds like you need an LSD, or you could go welded if lsd is too expensive.

Caleb
05-24-2006, 11:07 AM
keep it off the streets Bow Wow

Flybert
05-24-2006, 11:12 AM
You can either spend a $1000 on having someone fix it for you or you can go send $100 on tools and a few hundred on parts from the junkyard and fix it yourself. Even a monkey can turn a wrench so get to work already. Time to grow up and do things yourself.

tre
05-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeah go to the junkyard. Next time dont practice in the streets. DO it in a parking lot with wide spaces. Best/safest place to learn.

m0rex
05-24-2006, 11:56 AM
No. Do it in the mountains with no guard rails. Then you will overcome your fears and become teh DORIFTO KING.

Seriously though.. learn in a parking lot before ever trying it in the streets.

Parts are cheap for s13s just get some tools download a FSM and start working on it.

Sir
05-24-2006, 12:43 PM
suspension work is mostly
12 14 15 17 19 21 mm sockets, ratchet and a breaker bar (sp?)
unless you're doing axles

tre
05-24-2006, 02:01 PM
you've ran into a 15?!?!?!

i only had to use a 13 once cuz i put a 13 bolt in haha

Jimmyg41
05-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Advice...give up drifting?

CMO
05-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Advice...give up drifting?

Now that's the best damn, advice. Sounds to me like he hasn't even had the car long.

santacruisin
05-24-2006, 02:54 PM
when you fix your shit learn that you are still in control even when you spin. Clutch in and pull that e-brake to slow the ass from coming around on you.

steve shadows
05-24-2006, 02:57 PM
No. Do it in the mountains with no guard rails. Then you will overcome your fears and become teh DORIFTO KING.

Seriously though.. learn in a parking lot before ever trying it in the streets.

Parts are cheap for s13s just get some tools download a FSM and start working on it.
:bowrofl: :bowrofl:

MELLO*SOS
05-24-2006, 03:06 PM
So i was practicing my (non-existing) drifting skills when takin a corner held it for awhile but then spun outa control and hit the curb pretty hard :rant:

Hahaha. That sucks... But, damn can't you find somewhere to practice where you're not going to destroy your ride if you fuck up once?

BTW you should look at getting some sway bars and/or coilover suspension if you don't have them already. Together, they will really tighten up some of the slop that probably caused you to spin.

mrmephistopheles
05-24-2006, 04:04 PM
1. Keep it off the streets. Circuits don't have curbs.
2. If you can't afford to replace suspension components, you've got the wrong hobby.
3. Hit up a junkyard and get your own tools. Work on your own shit.