PDA

View Full Version : Brake balance fucked

armedtotheteeth
05-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Well, I ignored it for too long and now I have a broken control arm and tie rod to show for it. I have pretty bad brake balance issues, it's exceptionally front biased. My ABS doesn't work too well either, but you can't blame an 89. An example is if I come to a stop light and fucking BURY the brakes only the fronts lock. This is the same even under hard cornering, when I flip a bitch in a lot and mash e'm only the fronts slip. My E-Brake is also horribly underpowered, so I'm think my rear pads are worn. Can I do anything to correct this issue?

breakindrifts
05-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Put better pads in the rear, I wouldnt mess around with brake proprotioning. Just get new stuff all around and use blank rotors.

Get some better springs to reduce dive and you can adjust your e-brake to make it lock up the rear much faster.

You sure you have ABS?

m0rex
05-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Lol. Funnies. I think you need better front tires. Otherwise you suspension up front has some issues. You need better brakes too.

FaLKoN240
05-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Aren't the front brakes supposed to be more powerful than the rears stock?

m0rex
05-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Aren't the front brakes supposed to be more powerful than the rears stock?

Yeah, because most cars do most of the braking up front than in the rear like a 65/35 not too sure. Tires is what is causing that to happen. Thats also why you shouldn't brake when turning. Understeer + curb = PAWNT!! You are already putting load on the front tires while turning why put more load on them by braking.

Unless you got some super gripy tires in the rear. But sounds like your brakes are shot.

marveluz
06-07-2006, 01:59 AM
make sure you have good tires up front... and were these in wet or dry conditions? not to thread jack though, but i have a similar situation. i just purchased another a 93 fastback that supposedly have brake problems. the fronts lock up easy, e-brakes are worthless when on a slight incline, and the pedal feels real firm. I finally get a chance to check out the rears earlier and guess what? The rotors are rusted and it looks like the calipers are seized. tried bleeding the rears and nothing happens. same pedal feel and no brake fluid coming out. I did the same thing on my coupe and was successful, I actually drained all the fluids. I removed the left rear calipers from both cars and was able to drain the coupe as mentioned but nothing on the fastback. What should i look at next? hardlines, MC? brake booster?

EDIT: my bad, i didn't realize i was bumping an old thread. i forgot i was searching. but yea since i'm already here, anyone?

Flybert
06-07-2006, 02:29 AM
AHAHAHAHA your brake balance is normal. You just don't know what you are talking about.

R34SKYLINE
06-07-2006, 02:35 AM
AHAHAHAHA your brake balance is normal. You just don't know what you are talking about.

WORD!!!

msgtoshort

mjjstang
06-07-2006, 02:09 PM
comical, i swear forums are making me dumber since i often forget what is real and what is bogus when all this shit gets mashed into my head.