PDA

View Full Version : What should I get the guys standing up in my wedding?

exitspeed
05-17-2006, 11:01 AM
EDIT: TITLE SHOULD READ STANDING UP IN MY WEDDING...

Man I've been racking my brain and just can't decide on anything.

I don't want to ge the typical: flask with engraved name, beer mug with engraved name, something else with engraved name, etc...

I want to do something unique and isn't something that is just going to go to waste and their never goint to use. All the guys have the love of cars in common, but a couple of the guys don't have a car that they race/mod or anything. And honestly I only want to spend like $30-$50/person so I know it limits things.

The wedding in on july 14th so I need to decide on something quick.

So any suggestions guys?

s14dr1ft3r
05-17-2006, 02:07 PM
I got mine each a Gerber Multi-tool. If you want to get really fancy, you could even have their name engraved on it.

A Spec Products
05-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Absolutely nothing.

Haha, for my brother's wedding the people (including myself) didn't get anything for being in the wedding party.

I don't think typically you need to give anything to the groomsmen and bridesmaids?

If it was for chicks I'd get spa treatments or something. For dudes I dunno, maybe a framed picture of the wedding party and a thank you letter?

TwoFourO
05-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Get them gift cards to Hooters or your favorite place that you guys all used to hang out - before you were married! This'll let them know that you're not gone forever and you guys will still have an excuse to kick it.

exitspeed
05-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Absolutely nothing.

Haha, for my brother's wedding the people (including myself) didn't get anything for being in the wedding party.

I don't think typically you need to give anything to the groomsmen and bridesmaids?

If it was for chicks I'd get spa treatments or something. For dudes I dunno, maybe a framed picture of the wedding party and a thank you letter?

These guys are all really good friends and I'd like to ge them something to show my apprecaition.

I was thinking a really dope key for their car with their name on it or something but like I said they don't all have a really dope car.

TwoFourO
05-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Get them a big bag of pot. I know I'd appreciate it.

exitspeed
05-17-2006, 03:35 PM

Thanx, but with my luck I'd end up buying it from a cop and get thrown in jail and fuck the whole wedding up...:hammer:

sw20>>s14
05-17-2006, 03:50 PM
youre supposed to get stuff? i never got anything for the two times i was involved...

mrmephistopheles
05-17-2006, 04:28 PM

Drugs are bad, mmkay? :nono:

ramblux
05-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Nothing. You might get divorced, so just get them something the next time around. haha

And I'm kidding about the divorce part. Best wishes.

Seriously though, don't feel that you have to get them anything.

jobestudios
05-17-2006, 06:51 PM
I like the gift cerficate to their favorite bar idea.

But a massage with a happy ending paid for would also be cool.

exitspeed
05-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Nothing. You might get divorced, so just get them something the next time around. haha

And I'm kidding about the divorce part. Best wishes.

Seriously though, don't feel that you have to get them anything.

It's not that I HAVE to, I want to get my homies something.

snatch13
05-17-2006, 09:11 PM
ha so this post answers my one question I pm'd you... who is all standing up in the wedding? Heman, Harold, and who else?

see I like the idea of getting something that they wont use... maybe something they can put in their living room or bedroom, cuz that way, everytime they see it, they will be reminded of you/your wedding...

exitspeed
05-17-2006, 09:18 PM
ha so this post answers my one question I pm'd you... who is all standing up in the wedding? Heman, Harold, and who else?

see I like the idea of getting something that they wont use... maybe something they can put in their living room or bedroom, cuz that way, everytime they see it, they will be reminded of you/your wedding...

Harold=Best man, Heman, Nick, Chris, Joe...

I'm still gonna think it over more. (zilvia's been no help:madfawk: JK)

ESone3
05-17-2006, 09:42 PM
i was going to think ipod nano's with enscriptions on them.

you could get the cheaper MP3 players with a playlist of songs from the wedding er something.

or a memory stick with something cleaver on there like a movie of you guys drifting er something.

nrg
05-17-2006, 09:46 PM
get them Option2 sticker and wakaba window emblem.

Ricks15
05-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Just a shake of the hand and a thank you that outta be more than enough isnt that what friends are for anyways to help you out and back you up when you need them. People are way to concerned with material shit but if you want to be a nice guy get them gift cards I guess.

ramblux
05-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Well then, if you want to get them something, it's going to have to be something personal, meaning something unique to each one of them that represents what they mean to you as friends or something that recalls a past shared experience. Since I don't know them, I can't recommend anything. :-/

Jeff240sx
05-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Get them something useful like a Zippo lighter. Each can be customized as you wish for them, yet still be the same present. And, if you don't want to engrave their name in it, engrave your wedding date or "From Exitspeed and Wife" so they'll always remember it. And, it is in your price range.

Other common uncommon gifts are a nice manicure set for men (I have one, so shut it), decent electric razor, gift bag/basket with lots of lesser items, like a Fusion razor and some other crap. That kind of stuff. A nice tie, a watch (how much are Fossil watches?), a nice poker set, a bar set (hey, me and my best friend exchanged bar sets this past Christmas). Stuff that's useful, but they probably wouldn't buy it themselves.

My wedding: Zippos. Unless I get a better idea between now and then (and I'm single now, so I got a while), I like the price, thought, and customizability of it.
-Jeff

exitspeed
05-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Get them something useful like a Zippo lighter. Each can be customized as you wish for them, yet still be the same present. And, if you don't want to engrave their name in it, engrave your wedding date or "From Exitspeed and Wife" so they'll always remember it. And, it is in your price range.

Other common uncommon gifts are a nice manicure set for men (I have one, so shut it), decent electric razor, gift bag/basket with lots of lesser items, like a Fusion razor and some other crap. That kind of stuff. A nice tie, a watch (how much are Fossil watches?), a nice poker set, a bar set (hey, me and my best friend exchanged bar sets this past Christmas). Stuff that's useful, but they probably wouldn't buy it themselves.

My wedding: Zippos. Unless I get a better idea between now and then (and I'm single now, so I got a while), I like the price, thought, and customizability of it.
-Jeff

That's what I think I'm gonn do. Do like a beer bucket filled with different things that are kinda specific to each on of them.

Thanx for the help guys...