PDA

View Full Version : armenian

Vatche
05-15-2006, 04:58 AM
being armenian i think its bad ass that you all sport the flag in your sig. this thread is to thank all of you who did or do

mrmephistopheles
05-15-2006, 05:01 AM
lose the other two images.
400x200 or 600x150 MAX COMBINED pixels.

unwed_transient
05-15-2006, 03:18 PM
is this in memory of those killed in the genocide?

ALTRNTV
05-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Yes, it is. I had it as my sig for about a week.

TurK
05-15-2006, 05:06 PM
god bless....

EchoOfSilence
05-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Oh man. I hope you don't spark anything, TurK.

Vatche
05-15-2006, 07:34 PM
i got 4 negative reputation 2 of the because im armenian, hahaha sad and i got one positive cuz im armenian

ALTRNTV
05-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Were they RED squares? Or just grey?

L1ama
05-15-2006, 07:47 PM
i got 4 negative reputation 2 of the because im armenian, hahaha sad and i got one positive cuz im armenian
Welcome to Zilvia.net
You got a + rep from me, but I was rushing, I wanted to give negative, but then my finger slipped and press add reputation, and it was set on approve :doh:

ThatGuy
05-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Welcome to Zilvia.net
You got a + rep from me, but I was rushing, I wanted to give negative, but then my finger slipped and press add reputation, and it was set on approve :doh:

Why did you want to give him Negative Reputation? And why would you post that you wanted to give him Negative but you accidentily gave him Positive. Just STFU already.
And you wonder why you have 2 red squares. :loco:

ALTRNTV
05-15-2006, 08:01 PM
He's a bit weird. I got a failed neg-rep from L1ama. "until u made love to ur nissan, so u love ur nissan again correct?"

WTF.

Vatche
05-15-2006, 08:09 PM
haha i had 4 red squares and 1 green, i guess it was 5 red :( i suck.. lol or maybe the people giving me reputation are retards...eh whatever i dont really care but i do find it hilarious what llama said

theicecreamdan
05-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Welcome to Zilvia.net

your +rep did nothing for him, your attempted - reps do nothing for people.

gorgasm
05-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Were they RED squares? Or just grey?

i dont get what the difference between the red squares and the gray ones are.

Phlip
05-15-2006, 09:00 PM
i dont get what the difference between the red squares and the gray ones are.
this color will have a positive impact
this color will have a negative impact
this color means the user sucks too much to make a difference either direction

gorgasm
05-15-2006, 09:08 PM
ohhh i see.
thanks for clearing that up phlip.

S13SilviaGirl
05-16-2006, 01:58 AM
Welcome to Zilvia.net

Hey, people have tried being nice. Please stop trying to instigate things with comments such as this. This is your warning. Uneccesary/uneeded comments and you will be pinked. If you feel the need to discuss a feeling with someone take it to PM. That is the reason it is there, so everyone else is spared from the bickering.

s13poop
05-17-2006, 11:37 PM
i like armenian food ZANKOU CHICKEN OWNS!! i just had it today i dunno if you consider to be authentic food but i think its really good :)

drift freaq
05-17-2006, 11:38 PM
I Had Zankou two nights ago hahahhhaha

ALTRNTV
05-18-2006, 01:32 AM
Zankou's Chicken is literally a minute from me, lol.

Vatche
05-18-2006, 02:46 AM
lol there is only one zankou in orange county i think , its in garden grove like 2 miles from my uncles shop where i work on my car, i go there all the time for lunch...its not authentic armenian food really , but maybe an authentic armenian fast food, whats nice is they used to have 4 dollar shirts, i wonder if they still do lol...ahh man im getting hungry thinking about it....lol

EchoOfSilence
05-18-2006, 03:31 AM
There's one right by my house back home

S13SilviaGirl
05-18-2006, 04:07 AM
Hmmm never had any armenian food...what is it like? and who is showing kev & I to a good place to eat when we get back?

EchoOfSilence
05-18-2006, 04:20 AM
Hmmm never had any armenian food...what is it like? and who is showing kev & I to a good place to eat when we get back?
I'd love to, but i'm poor. Your presence would humble me.

and Armenian food is GOOD. GOOD.

U12Bluebird
05-18-2006, 09:25 AM
No one cares.

Armenians need to stop being so fanatically nationalistic since we don't give a shit about your pathetic excuse of a country, which is still heavily dependent on U.S. aid hahahahahaha

U12Bluebird
05-18-2006, 09:26 AM
god bless....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EchoOfSilence
05-18-2006, 11:51 AM
No one cares.

Armenians need to stop being so fanatically nationalistic since we don't give a shit about your pathetic excuse of a country, which is still heavily dependent on U.S. aid hahahahahaha
who the FUCK are you?

it's obvious you're the one who doesn't care. If a massive percentage of your population underwent genocide and you don't even know information about your own GRANDPARENTS because of it, you'd talk a lot about this too. Granted, they don't really speak about the other aspects of their culture as much, but maybe that's because it's been lost, seeing as how their intellectuals were murdered in Turkey.

I don't know how you're still here

Phlip
05-18-2006, 12:00 PM
No one cares.

... Strike one

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
... Strike two

My patience with you is growing quite thin, I don't suggest you continue the path you've headed here recently, lest your stay here will not be very long.

U12Bluebird
05-18-2006, 12:09 PM
... Strike one

... Strike two

My patience with you is growing quite thin, I don't suggest you continue the path you've headed here recently, lest your stay here will not be very long.

Alright, fair enough. I'll stop with the instigation. Those two posts were made in bad taste and I apologize for it.

But one thing I'd like to point out:

who the FUCK are you?

it's obvious you're the one who doesn't care. If a massive percentage of your population underwent genocide and you don't even know information about your own GRANDPARENTS because of it, you'd talk a lot about this too. Granted, they don't really speak about the other aspects of their culture as much, but maybe that's because it's been lost, seeing as how their intellectuals were murdered in Turkey.

I don't know how you're still here

So what, pray tell, do the modern Turks have anything to do with your suffering? Why should they be held responsible for what their ancestors have done?

Look, I agree that the Armenian genocide was horrible and cannot be justified. But it doesn't justify the irrational Armenian hatred towards the modern Turks, considering the fact that it happened 90 years ago.

I used to live in So Cal dude, I know how Armenians are. I've been around them enough to warrant my opinion of most of them being nationalistic and irrational fools who want to kill every single Turk for what their ancestors go through.

By that logic, should the native Americans hate on white Americans today for what happened to their ancestors? Should Aborigines hold disgust towards modern-day Anglo Saxon Aussies for the same thing?

Something to think about.

EchoOfSilence
05-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Oh no, dude i understand that. I live in Little Armenia down in LA. And yes, a lot of these guys blindly hate any Turk that comes their way. And yes they're REALLY nationalistic, but let's face it... anyone from a 3rd world country usually is.

the Native Americans and the Aboriginies DO hold disgust against their oppressors though lol

But the fact of the matter is that your posts were still quite inhumane and without compassion.

latinolava240
05-18-2006, 12:29 PM
wait, this crap happened 90 years ago? shit i'm gonna go whip a muthufuckaz ass that owez me three dollars from the first grade.

bitch plz dis iz retaded.

U12Bluebird
05-18-2006, 12:33 PM
But the fact of the matter is that your posts were still quite inhumane and without compassion.

I know, and I apologize for it.

It's just that other car forums I go to, Armenians usually have a habit of posting Armenian pride threads and post Armenian Pride along with their flag in their sigs, so it gets annoying after a while.

So those two posts were based on those things prior.

Again, I'd like to apologize for those two posts I made.

Nan Desu Ka?!
05-18-2006, 01:29 PM
wait, this crap happened 90 years ago? shit i'm gonna go whip a muthufuckaz ass that owez me three dollars from the first grade.

So are your pathetic attempts at proper english and typing skills. Grow up. If your are going to participate in an intelectual discussion, please have some intelect.

U12Bluebird, Thank you for explaining yourself. I suggest you either go edit your post in the "presidential address" thread, or appologize for the remarks about mexicans. Shipping them back to Spain is a pretty weak idea. Spain had connections with Mexico CENTURIES ago... you know, when Spain counquered them.

HyperTek
05-18-2006, 01:45 PM
one of my old childhood friends is armenian.. unfortunitly we just dont kick it anymore becuase we didnt keep in touch.. but i got mad respect for armenians.. they accepted me into thier family and are really nice caring people.

TurK
05-18-2006, 09:04 PM
first of all it was a War someone had to loose....you guys make us sound like we just killed inocent people....this is not true as much as you guys try to make this to be. Last year you guys took this to Washington sueing Turkey for money? You guys got Rejected because the US government did not see any wrong in the Turkish side.

Turks=Muslims

Islam, Biggest sin you can make as a Muslim is to kill an other human(None War related) , which are gods greatest creation on Earth.

Vatche
05-19-2006, 12:30 AM
alright look i didnt start this thread to start a debate that doesnt belong here, all this is going to start is shit talking and i dont want to join in. this is a very touchy subject and if there are any more posts that are offensive can a mod plz close this thread or i will have to say something to fight back, theyre making childish remarks and statements. i could say alot of shit but im trying to hold myself back.

Vatche
05-19-2006, 12:32 AM

i know what your trying to say here...but dont compare three dollars to a million people slaughtered. thanks.

EchoOfSilence
05-19-2006, 12:55 AM
first of all it was a War someone had to loose....you guys make us sound like we just killed inocent people....this is not true as much as you guys try to make this to be. Last year you guys took this to Washington sueing Turkey for money? You guys got Rejected because the US government did not see any wrong in the Turkish side.

Turks=Muslims

Islam, Biggest sin you can make as a Muslim is to kill an other human(None War related) , which are gods greatest creation on Earth.
so like, Jihad means you go around and hand people flowers?

look, dude. US backs turkey, they do a lot of stuff for them. In any case, Turkey sought to reclaim when they thought was their land from old times, and Armenia called it that it was theirs. Armenia had their intellectuals in turkey, and they were executed for being somewhere they weren't supposed to be in. It's almost exactly analogous to the Israel vs. Palestine issue. one says it's their land, the other says the same. one will win.

Genocide, however, is inexcusible. and the lack of acknowledging it is worse

Omarius Maximus
05-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Some Turkish people say that the genocide never even occured. My professor who studied in Turkey said that the majority of his teachers thought that the genocide never really was a genocide. Of course there are two sides to each story. Thats probably why this genocide isn't as well known as others.

Vatche
05-19-2006, 01:57 AM
this genocide is not known to others, because the united states wont recognize this either because they are allies with turkey for military positioning. in most other countries this is well recognized. my great grandfathers were beheaded thats how i know it happened. or at least my family if thats more correct to say

1Via!
05-19-2006, 02:48 AM

Turks=Muslims

Wait, so Turks are muslims who shouldnt ever kill another human being, who fought a war against a much smaller minority and killed a million and a half people? The US government doesn't make policy on compassion, they side with who is going to give them the most power and in turn provide security for the nation. Basic realist foreign policy. Nothing more.
Anyhow, if thats your argument, its fuckin lame, I hope you can do better than that.

I'm minoring in poli-sci, and I have a few armenian friends who are pretty cool, but can be very annoying with their almost blind nationalism. However, modern day Turkey does still bear a strong anti-Armenian undercurrent in its politics. There have been some efforts at reconciliation, but turkey still doesnt recognize that there was any genocide. Turkey, while being a fairly moderate muslim democracy, doesnt have the best of records with dealing with ethnic minorities, whether it is the armenians, Kurds, or greek populations.

Lets get some history straight. The Ottoman Empire was held together by the military strength of the Ottoman Turks. From their beginings in the 13th century they gained territory by might, and as history progressed they suppressed countless uprisings brutally, as any good empire would. Such was the basis of their power.
By the 1800s you start to see popular uprisings in serbia and greece in which many people were killed, but ultimately the Ottomans lost their power in both of these place by the end of the century. At the same time, you see portions of the empire being taken over by the European colonial powers(france takes Tunisia, GB takes egypt, etc.).
By the 1900s the ottoman empire had been bankrupt for some time, and was coming apart at the seams. At this point Turkish nationalism beings to manifest itself in political structures, like the revival of a constitution and the formation of the Comittee of Union and Progress(aka the Young Turks).
Here is where things get dicey.

The Young Turks were extremely nationalistic and had their roots in Turkish military schools. While they controlled turkey from 1908 until their defeat at the end of WWI they were far less considerate of minority rights. There are documented cases of Arab, Armenian and other non-turkish scholars, academics and notables being killed by the Young Turks.
The Armenian genocide is disregarded by the turkish government and nationalists as ethnic turmoil in a time of uncertianty, but most historians and non-biased scholarly sources dont accept this version of things.
Documents form the day show special government organizations formed to detain, deport, intern and kill armenians specifically. Most of the people in charge of these dispicable affairs were turkish murderers and other violent criminals released from prisons to conduct the anti-armenian atrocities.

The Armenian Genocide is often considered a precursor to similar Nazi atrocities committed in WWII. Armenians were systematically rounded up, "deported" to concentration camps where they were either killed or, more commonly, simply kept from recieving any food until they starved to death. These concentration camps ranged from transfer stations, mass burial sites, and other things of this nature. Most of these sites were located in modern day syrian and iraqi desert regions.

There was Armenian armed resistance during this time in many of their population centers in what is now north and eastern turkey. However, whatever fighting they did is considered by most as a desperate defense, in fact, the only documented surrender of armenian forces was followed by a betrayal of the terms of surrender by the Turkish forces. These Armenians were promptly deported to concentration camps.

After the defeat of WWI there were some trials/tribunals held by the allies which resulted in the criminalization/execution of turkish leaders associated with these atrocities.

The only slightly valid point that the Turkish government hold to content with these charges is that they were fighting the russians who backed some armenian militias. However, this does nothing to address the atrocities committed by the turkish government during this period. The numbers of Armenians killed in this period is GROSSLY disproportionate to the number of Turks killed by Armenians. There seems to be no other logical explaination of this than to say that this genocide was utterly deliberate and planned.

Modern/current Turkish policies regarding this topic have been to say that such things are better left to history or that war criminals were put to trail, etc. The bottom line is that it is easier to dismiss, skirt, and ignore such a heavy issue than it is to address it.
Turkish archives of documents of this period and specifically pertaining to armenian affairs from the period have been closed. Turkish officials have said, "The liabilities of not publishing the historical documents outweigh the advantages."

So, if you actually took the time to read all of that, I think its fairly clear why the Amenian Genocide should be remembered and why the comments/claims of people like "Turk" and "U12Bluebird" who would like to dismiss or disregard this issue are irresponsible and inappropriate.
Saying this is not a pertinate issue is paramount to someone saying that the Nazi holocaust, Japanses WWII artrocities, or any other atrocities committed by victor or looser of history didn't happen.

Its hard to argue with facts.

Like echoofsilence points out, there will always be ethic conflict, and who has the land is usually who has the power, but what they do with that power is another matter.

nistech
05-19-2006, 06:10 AM
lock this thread i m sick of this shit.

U12Bluebird
05-19-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm minoring in poli-sci, and I have a few armenian friends who are pretty cool, but can be very annoying with their almost blind nationalism. However, modern day Turkey does still bear a strong anti-Armenian undercurrent in its politics. There have been some efforts at reconciliation, but turkey still doesnt recognize that there was any genocide. Turkey, while being a fairly moderate muslim democracy, doesnt have the best of records with dealing with ethnic minorities, whether it is the armenians, Kurds, or greek populations.

It's sad though that some of the Turks won't acknowledge it, but so many people criticize the Turks too much for it when they don't realize that other groups deny their own genocidal campaigns as well.

Why don't people criticize some of the Serbs for refusing to acknowledge Srebrenica in 1995? 7,000 people were killed during the week of July 11th yet I don't see people criticizing them for it.

So, if you actually took the time to read all of that, I think its fairly clear why the Amenian Genocide should be remembered and why the comments/claims of people like "Turk" and "U12Bluebird" who would like to dismiss or disregard this issue are irresponsible and inappropriate.

Dude, I never said the Armenian genocide didn't happen. Learn to read. I was merely mocking the original thread starter's insistence on starting an Armenian pride thread.

What if someone here wanted to start a white pride thread? It wouldn't flow well, so why should this?

And the fact is, Armenia is still to this day heavily dependent on US aid, receiving almost as much as Israel does. Granted they are blocked by Turkey and Georgia, but their main trading partner is Iran since they both enjoy good relations nonetheless(it's funny how Iran, a Shi'a country, favors Armenia over Azerbaijan, a fellow Shi'a country), but that's for another thread.

Though your explanation for how it all happened is spot on though.

I find it funny how I go so many negative rep points for my posts. Oh well, rep points are for losers anyways.

Phlip
05-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Actually, the thread starter wasn't starting an "Armenian pride" thread, it was started thanking those individuals who supported his people in their signatures.
It became a pissing contest and contained some very informative posts, mixed in with overt ignorance, a lot of back-and-forth and the thread starter has already expressed that the thread can be locked should this nonsense continue. I will grant that now.