PDA

View Full Version : 1973 240Z Ground Up Bad Azz High Performance Z Car Project San Diego

magmazin
05-14-2006, 04:21 PM
1973 240Z Ground Up Bad Azz High Performance Z Car Project For Sale (San Diego)

If you want to have the most beatiful bad ass 240Z this is it! All you need is the drivetrain and wheels and some time to put it together. I have had this car since 1999 and have been slowly getting stuff done to it over the years. I just had a new addition to the family(baby girl! ;-) ) and have decided to sell it and buy a 95+ 240SX(keeping it Nissan) so I can have A/C(moving to Arizona) and something that is ready to drive(with all my spare time now that I have two kids.) The car easily has $20K in it not including the chassis or tons of labor I put into it. This is probably one of the straightest most rust free California Z cars that you will ever see. My intention originally was to drop in a 280ZXT engine and then later decided on doing an RB26dett. I will be selling a set of RB26dett conversion engine mounts and the correct oil pan if anyone wants them after I sell my 240Z. This is the perfect setup for anyone interested in building a Bad Ass High Performance Z Car!!!(you'll have to send me pics when your done). Most of the hard expensive work is done already, just reassemble, slap in a drivetrain, put on some wheels, and you will be turning heads and kickin ass!!!

Disassembled completely every nut and bolt, all glass, all interior, all wiring, all brake lines, all fuel lines down to the bone.

All new items have zero miles on them

Stripped down to the metal top and bottom, inside and out
Cut out spare tire well and installed sheet metal in its place
Undercoating applied to bottom side
Arizona Z Car Fiberglass Fenders and headlight buckets installed and cut for ZG flares(Classic Datsun Motorsports)
New Rear wheel fenders cut for ZG flares(Classic Datsun Motorsports)
New Kaminari Ground effects installed
Rare NOS Arizona Z Car 240Z Twin Turbo Fiberglass Hood(not installed or painted but will let go with car)
Roll cage installed
Engine bay seem welded to strengthen things up(PDK Fabrication)
New PDK Fabrications front Strut Brace/Cage Installed(by PDK FAbrication) and removed for painting car. These tie together your swaybar, stut towers, and firewall they are awesome(www.PDKfabrication.com)
New 16 gallon Summit Racing Fuel Cell installed, has dual rear sump pickup, aviation foam, fuel level sending unit
New Summit Racing Fuel Filter
New Blue 3/8" fuel supply line stalled
New brake lines installed
New Willwood porportioning valve and hydrualic line lock for rear wheels installed where fuse box used to be
280Z front hubs installed
New Arizona Z Car Willwood Racing Brakes Kit with big rotors installed(not red anodized ver., black prev ver basically the same)
Willwood Brakes removed and put into box for install of 14inch rims(for painting) you need 15" to clear calipers
Used BRE Wing with side skirts (not repainted wasn't sure if I was going to use them but they will)
Used Cibie headlights
Used European Tailights
New Nissan Headlight retainers/rings
New 280ZX master cylinder
New Vacum Booster(biggest one that will fit)
New Clutch master cylinder
New Poly bushings stalled everywhere
New Delrin TC rod kit installed
New wheels bearings front and rear packed with synthetic grease
Motorsport Auto front and rear sway bars installed
New EMI(Erik Messley) racing coilovers with adjustable plates all four corners
New Eibach 2.5" diameter by 8" long springs(250lb rear, 275lbs front)
New Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable shocks all four corners
New Rebuilt Steering Rack
New inner and outer tie rods
New Balljoints
New Motorsport Auto Quick Steering Knuckles
New Grant Racing steering wheel and hub
New Arizona Z Car Aluminum Crossflow Racing Radiator
New Classic Datsun Motorsports new headliner kit with vinyl for pillars
New Classic Datsun Motorsports ZG Flares pinted color of the car
New Carpet Kit
New weatherstripping kit
New Interior Vinyl Kit for Shock towers and tunnel
Used Starion Dark Blue seats
Rare New Factory Trim and door hardware including threshold plates, door handles, chrome window trim with fuzzy strips
Near Perfect Used Dash and spare dash for parts
New Painless Wiring Kit (18 circuit i believe) started installing it then removed for painting car

I'm sure I'm forgetting things but this is most of it. I have all the interior pieces including heater assembly 73 control panel, center console, doors panels, and other assorted plastic panels, and all glass. I have so many new factory pieces and other stuff I don't even remember what all I have.
Originally the car was going to be yellow, hence the yellow paint on the interior which I did not have repainted since it was only going to be covered by vinyl/carpeting/or plastic anyway. I did have the cage painted though, thought it was a nice touch. Since the car was painted I have no reassembled it so it is in the condition as seen in the pictures as of 5/13/2006. When it is reassembeled the paint should be buffed out, or whatever it is the do with new paint jobs.

New Paint in 2005 Nissan 350Z blue(Color Code B17, Daytona Blue), go look at a blue 350Z and that is the exact color
Roll Cage painted to match
ZG Flares painted to match
Sidemarkers eliminated front and rear

For tires I intended to use 245s in the front and 275s in the rear. That is why I had the fender areas cut and got the ZG bolt on flares.
For the hood I originally was going to use the Arizona Zcar Twin Turbo Hood but later I decided that I was going to do a carbon fiber hood(never purchased).

The car has a clean California title in my name and is SMOG EXEMPT!! The car has been put into "non-operational" statussince 2000.
I am selling the car for $12K obo.

Just for frame of reference paint/custom work $3500, roll cage/strut cage/seem welding $3100, Willwood Big Brake/Rotor kit $1500, coilovers/camber plates/Illuminas $1400, fiberglass parts $1600 comes out to $11000 and that is just some of the big things. I don't really want to sell my Z car but the wife, kids, and the fact that we are moving to Arizona have all told me this is what I should do(not want to do). I have a boat load of parts that I will be letting go with this car including stuff I haven't listed. Almost anything that is Z car related I will give up with the car since I don't want to move the stuff with me to Arizona. This includes various 280ZXT Turbo engine computers and parts, maybe even a spare turbo had from my previos turbo 240Z. I will be clearing out almost anything that wont do me good for my future 240SX. Whoever buys my Z will make out like a bandit. Whoever does buy it should bring a car trailer and a Uhaul or truck for all the stuff I have in boxes.

Trades-I will consider partial(your car plus cash) or full trade for a 95 or newer 240SX SE 5speed or a 2004 or newer Nissan Quest. These are the two things that will be entering my life in the near future here so I will entertain offers.

You can see lots of pics at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/timdeesen/album?.dir=/d28dre2&.src=ph&.tok=ph0xX3EBO.N2Jy5u

The car is currently in San Diego, CA

You can email me at [email protected] or call me at 619-379-7790

Thanks for your interest,
Tim Deesen