PDA

View Full Version : question about streaming media on windows

SiI40sx
05-14-2006, 03:16 PM
My computer cant stream windows media player for some reason. So what I usually do with wmv files, I press stop and right click on the windows media screen, then I click on properties, highlight the location and open up the location with explorer letting me download the wmv instead of streaming it. But for some reason I cant do that with streetfire stream files. Whats another way I can download and save their wmv files?? Thanks

L1ama
05-14-2006, 03:43 PM
I was trying just now, can't find a way, maybe they are just copy protected or something, whenever I do it, it takes me to like a blank link or w/e for example :
http://videos.streetfire.net/playlistbuilder/buildasx.ashx?fileid=C987AC40-9339-4A8E-B832-337869FA922E&t=FFCE316D-79C2-4105-BB35-ADE5BB61CE56
and its blank.
edit: at least I got somewhere in the past 5 minutes, copy and paste that URL into windows media player, in windows media player go to File>open url paste that line, how to save it you are on your own... I feel lazy today.

SiI40sx
05-14-2006, 03:53 PM
another way too, I open up the website, click stop so the file doesnt stream. Then go up to "View" and click on source. The entire source of the website comes up and then just click alt+f and search ".wmv" ".avi" ".mpeg" ect. That shit doesnt work either !! lol