PDA

View Full Version : Car overheating help! / Junkyards Anyone?

downshift_sideways
05-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Does anyone have a coolant resevoir??

if you are parting out your car, in the bay area. i would love to purchase

your coolant resevoir :) please PM ME ASAP.

Iam also heading down the the Hayward Junk yards tommorow, to pick up

some items I need for my car. Anyone down to roll with me? i'm leaving my

apartment around 9am in the morning, let me know if you want to go.

PM me. I can also pick anyone up, i have 1 seat , so claim it asap if you

want to go. I can also pick up misc. items for anyone who needs anything.

PM me what you need.

thanks again

-Ant

Irukandji
05-11-2006, 09:35 PM
are you sure you're overheating due to your coolant reservoir? Doesn't make too much sense

downshift_sideways
05-11-2006, 09:45 PM
yea, all the smoke is comming out of hole in the coolant resevoir. Since its not pressurized the heat is actually rising out of the hole, i was also a bit low on coolant, because the collant had evaporated.

gimmie a coolant resevoir!!

projekt_s13
05-11-2006, 09:50 PM
I just came from the yards. i know where there is one.

downshift_sideways
05-11-2006, 09:56 PM
where where? tell me now! PM ME muther trucker :)

!Zar!
05-11-2006, 10:00 PM
The coolant overflow tank isn't pressurised.

I ran my car with no cap and no problems, and think about it, how could it be pressurised if you have a gaping hole that allows the coolant to escape when your car overheats.

Check your coolant and make sure that you don't need any, change you water pump, thermostat and, radiator cap.

Because I can assure you %100 that it isn't because of you overflow tank.

downshift_sideways
05-11-2006, 10:06 PM
the hole is pretty low in the coolant resevoir, it is right next to the minimum line. there are a lot of bumpy roads here in lafayette, so everytime i bump, coolant spills out, and then i have none :(

I'll just bum coolant from work, but i DO need a new resevoir.

Radiator cap is fairly new also. Water pump was changed about 2 months ago, thermostat will be changed asap.

!Zar!
05-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Coolant only goes in the overflow tank once your radiator cap hits a certain psi. And it goes into the tank. Hince, the name OVERFLOW TANK.

helladrifting
05-12-2006, 12:57 AM
might be the radiator. i have a big hole on my resevoir with no fluids and my car runs fine. call me up tomorrow if you go to pick n pull.

tre
05-12-2006, 12:58 AM
you bay area people need to check out NP, we just picked up a 20% discount froma dealership somehwere down there.

downshift_sideways
05-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Jed, I'm dropping off my girl at school righ now, when i come back i'ma get ready to head down. I know of a chuki that is in a lot, were we can get some parts from.

i'll be in hayward around 10am or so. I'll hit u up.

anyone else down to go? respond here asap.

FaLKoN240
05-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Get me the radiator from the DOHC!!! The MAF too. I'll pay you for the MAF. . .

downshift_sideways
05-12-2006, 12:49 PM
the radiator was pulled along with the whole intake system.
sorry scott, i might head up to the Richmond lot.

!Zar!
05-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Get me a new motor. Hahaha

downshift_sideways
05-13-2006, 12:30 AM
well after a long day at the yards,i managed to get some side markers, sohc injectors and some dohc cams.

Scott i looked for a radiator for you but there was only 1 but it was cracked badly. There was only SOHC MAFS.

Zar. hows the car comming along? btw where did you get that engine dampner thingy? ( cat converter ) thats very clever. nice sig :wackit: hehe

Damn guys, Has anyone ever driven a mustang Cobra?
OMFG, I drove my friends cobra today , and OMFG that shit is awessommmeeeeeeeee. Shit was sooooo freaking fast. i was chirping all gears. It also has a Traction control Button, and if you disable it, you break traction so freaking easy. I was trying to dorifto his car, aanddd wow, you barely need to understeer. Shit was awesoommmeeeee. Ford Mustag Cobra v8 Supercharged , my head was against the headrest when i gunned it. Shit has mad Torque!

i'm thinking about getting one...

krzy
05-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Get me the radiator from the DOHC!!! The MAF too. I'll pay you for the MAF. . .

I have an extra radiator if you're interested. I'll be at the Fremont meet. I can bring it with me.