PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't our lives be easier, if this was manditory for women?

L1ama
05-09-2006, 11:01 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/73123/auto_parking/
looks pretty real to me, now come on, how many times has a woman dented your car while parking? :hsdance:

Daniel.
05-10-2006, 01:01 AM
Why does it have to be women? ...

S13Eye
05-10-2006, 01:02 AM
I consider myself an excellent driver, but i have a dark secret... thats right, i can't parallel park. Being a suburban person, i have never been exposed to parallel parking. I could definitely use one of those gadgets.

Have you ever seen the semi trucks that can turn their wheels 90 degrees, and drive sideways into a parking space?

A Spec Products
05-10-2006, 01:38 AM
Why does it have to be women? ...

seriously, i know a lot of DUDES who cant park to save their life

parallel parking isnt that bad, but if you can avoid it why not

ive given the love tap once or twice is my time

TOMKAIRA93
05-10-2006, 02:43 AM
my wife once dented my car parking it in an open parking lot. I also had to teach her how to parallel park. LOL

Just you know, when I took my driving test, it had to be with a standard vehicle. I had to go up this hill and right in the middle of it the officer tells me that I needed to keep the car steady without brakes and I couldn't let the car slide back a bit. The last one was for me to parallel park on a down hill curb and between two cars (random), so I took a bit, but I did it. This was like 12 years ago. I guess I'm a pretty good driver. :-)

AdoriPimp
05-10-2006, 05:57 AM
Thats freakin Amazing! I need one of those, im alwase worried about my rims

S13SilviaGirl
05-10-2006, 07:03 AM
That is cool, the japanese ones are cooler where you pull up next to the spot and it goes in sideways for you....

and agreed...it isn't just women that need this. No more sexist comments. KTHNX bye.

Phlip
05-10-2006, 07:42 AM
I happened to have lived a few blocks from downtown of my city and still go that way a little when I have time to do so... Not just women need to learn to parallell park. I have male friends that like to insist I drive when they know parallell parking will be necessary.

S13Eye
05-10-2006, 09:03 AM
I have male friends that like to insist I drive when they know parallell parking will be necessary.

I ask my friends to park my car whenever parallel parking is necessary. Its not that i can't do it, or can't figure it out, but i just don't want to damage a rim or stop traffic for 15min as i figure it out.

I'm happy too see that i'm not the only one. Its something that i was self concious of.

TheSquidd
05-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Same here, never had to parallel park living where I live, so I assume if I were ever faced with that situation I would proceed to plow my car into the nearest tree in confusion.

!Zar!
05-10-2006, 10:11 AM
It's like racing, parallel parking is all about knowing your car and it's limits.

If you don't know it's limits, then you crash/hit something.

So you people better start training with two cones.

s14xman
05-10-2006, 10:23 AM
man i used to parallel the shiet out of cars back when i was a valet parker! Good times, but yea more like for idiots than just women

vinhnumber
05-10-2006, 10:43 AM
parellel parking is fun without powersteering, you guys should be thankful LOL!!