PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of cars?

CaoBoY
05-07-2006, 12:27 PM
anybody know a place that i could call where they would pay me for my junked LS400? it was in a wreck, and my insurance company paid out umpd, and i keep the car. well i just want to sell it outright, and i was wondering if anyone knew of a place that would buy it to rebuild it? i know places do that, i just dont know where. im in norcal, so mods, maybe move this to regional if its not good here?

SpeedMonkeyInc
05-07-2006, 12:33 PM
I am looking into this right now. You have the title it sounds like. You may still need to get a junk title from DMV. I looked in the phone book and there are two pages of ads for wreckers and auto recylers who buy cars. I called Pick n' Pull because they are closest to me and they said I need to get the junk title first, but that they will come out and pick up the car. Phone book is your best bet. I don't know how the pricing works, so I can't say what you can expect for your car. A few hundred max for a late model car I am guessing.

CaoBoY
05-07-2006, 01:12 PM
yeah, im also trying to see if anyone would buy it outright, for like 500 bucks. the body was in great condition, interior great, motor is still good, all that stuff. i just dont have time to part it out, or else i would

FRpilot
05-07-2006, 01:51 PM
kinda off topic... i bought a car that was hit in the rear from my friend. i salvaged the motor and sold off pretty much everything else. it is now an entirely stripped shell with no doors, no front end or rear end, no engine or interior at all, and no suspension? how can i get rid of this thing!!

SpeedMonkeyInc
05-07-2006, 02:02 PM
CaoBoy: Find out how much you can get for it from a few different wreckers then put it up on craigslist for more. If no one bites, send it to the recycler.

FRpilot: the shell is still reyclable metal. Call a few wreckers and see what you can get. If nothing else they may just not give you any money, but still take it.
Personally, so long as I don't have to pay to have my junk chassis taken away I am happy. I am still going to try to get a few bucks for it though.

gotta240
05-07-2006, 03:14 PM
caoboy- How many miles on the car? what wrong with it? Any pics?

mike at [email protected]

where socal?

SpeedMonkeyInc
05-07-2006, 03:38 PM
where socal?

im in norcal

Messagelength

sr240mike
05-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Craigslist would probably be a great way to get it sold fast. There are tons of shops that look to buy not running cars on craigslist to fix and sell.

mjjstang
05-07-2006, 09:10 PM
what year, I WANT YOUR MAF

j00ni3
05-08-2006, 12:48 PM
kinda off topic... i bought a car that was hit in the rear from my friend. i salvaged the motor and sold off pretty much everything else. it is now an entirely stripped shell with no doors, no front end or rear end, no engine or interior at all, and no suspension? how can i get rid of this thing!!

if you have a title it would not be a problem

FRpilot
05-08-2006, 06:27 PM
i have the title.. just dont know anyone who wants to spend the time to come pick up a shell.. even for the scrap metal cuz it's only probably worth 20-30 when gas for a truck will probably cost that much already... i have a friend's friend who would take it plus my front clip for $100.. i think its somewhat worth it rather than spend $50 on sawzall blades, hours to cut it up, and my labor to dump it in random garbage cans or even to bring it to a wreck yard.

CaoBoY
05-08-2006, 11:00 PM
you should take your shells to a scrap yard, i got 7 bucks for an sohc motor! haah

CaoBoY
05-08-2006, 11:03 PM
i got a letter from the insurance today, saying that i need to contact the dmv and surrender the title/license plates, and i have to pay a 3 dollar fee, and then receive a salvage title in the mail. im goint to start calling auto recyclers, or autobody shops and see if they would just buy it off me, you know, the smaller shops of people who restore cars and sell them.