PDA

View Full Version : where to rebuild coilovers?

CaoBoY
04-28-2006, 10:30 AM
alrighty guys, i bought this awesome 240sx which i got jacked for, because everything ended up going wrong. good for the seller he doesnt have to deal with these problems, which he probably knew about. thanks again:bigok: :madfawk:
anyways, where can i have some coilovers rebuilt? i got some awesome kei office XR's which i am taking out today because they ride worse than cut springs. im pretty sure they are blown, im going to be disassembling them and seeing if the piston returns when i push down on it. since i didnt buy these brand new i dont know how many miles on it, and the guy who sold me the car said he didnt really know either. since kei office is supposedly shutting down or something? i dont know where to get these rebuilt. anyone know where a good place would be?

OptionZero
04-28-2006, 10:52 AM
contact driftfactory.com they may be able to direct you...otherwise you're screwed

some tuner shops will rebuild any coilover to spec, like John Mueller does for EVO's...but you just gotta pay and decide if it's worth it to do that or to throw it away and get a new set

TAMTANIUM
04-28-2006, 02:32 PM
go to that guy house and show him no mercy man! Don't let him screw you over like that. That's not right. Go do it noowwwww!

CaoBoY
04-28-2006, 02:59 PM
nah, i mean he was cool, but he shoulda been more upfront. i'll either find someone who wants them, or rebuild them, or something.

A Spec Products
04-28-2006, 03:52 PM
contact driftfactory.com they may be able to direct you...otherwise you're screwed

some tuner shops will rebuild any coilover to spec, like John Mueller does for EVO's...but you just gotta pay and decide if it's worth it to do that or to throw it away and get a new set

kei office has no true us operation so, no go on that option unless u want to wait from japan

as far as mueller goes, i dont believe he REbuilds them

last i checked he just pieced together JIC to his custom specs

might as well try to sell them and buy a new suspension, might be easier (and more financially feasible) in the long run

tchenku
04-28-2006, 04:00 PM
^^yup! no US support. a buddy of mine's got kei office coils, and are blown. so he contacted driftfactory.com. what they do is, you ship them your coilovers and they sent it off to japan, wait a long time, comes back to driftfactory, then they send it back to you. and best part is, you pay for all the shipping and the rebuild. i think driftfacory quoted us for rebuild per coilover was $190. you're better off just buying new ones, maybe kts or something nice and cheap.

theicecreamdan
04-28-2006, 07:11 PM
so in the end he'll be paying $760 for basically brand new kei office coilovers? If you can deal with the downtime I'd go that route.

blackflag_Rms13
04-28-2006, 10:28 PM
So uh... Off topic?

ramblux
04-29-2006, 12:11 AM
That seller was me -- the same guy who drove that car 320 miles to meet with you and had my wife follow me alone in her car for the 5 hour one-way drive.

Dude, they are like 9/8kg coilovers -- track coilovers. I don't know how you expected them to ride. Take the car on the track and you'll see what they were meant to do.

TAMTANIUM
04-29-2006, 01:03 AM
one question for the buyer...is this your first time ever driving with coilovers? Well just get them check anyway. Maybe they're still good according to the previous owner.

CaoBoY
04-29-2006, 02:37 AM
im going to pull them off. sorry mike, i just ended up with a bunch of little/bigger problems that i was hoping to not have, but its more motor stuff. what can yah expect from a 250k motor though right? didnt mean to go off, was just in a bad mood. if you want to know more, we can take it to PM to keep this thread uncluttered.
im going to disassemble the coilovers tmw to see whats up. maybe even be able to figure out how to adjust the dampening in the rear, as you are just supposed to 'push down and turn' as i was told. but no indication on stiffness, so it could just be set at 4 rather than 1 (only 4 way adjustable). but they the suspension handles good with cornering, no body roll, but just driving around, even on smooth roads, its bouncy. i have driven/ridden in cars before with tein flex/drifts, HR's, but none of them felt as bouncy as this. thats why i am assuming that they are blown out. it feels like riding on blown shocks with super cut springs.

A Spec Products
04-29-2006, 10:46 AM
im going to pull them off. sorry mike, i just ended up with a bunch of little/bigger problems that i was hoping to not have, but its more motor stuff. what can yah expect from a 250k motor though right? didnt mean to go off, was just in a bad mood. if you want to know more, we can take it to PM to keep this thread uncluttered.

Yeah dude keep it on PM

Ramblux is honest guy and most def wouldn't pull no shady stuff

infinitexsound
04-29-2006, 10:18 PM
check for leaky hydraulic fluid.... thatll let u know....worse comes to worse u either end up getting crashed into or ur car getting stolen... cheer up its sunny outside..

CaoBoY
04-30-2006, 03:11 AM
hahah fuck you bory! haahah rofl, yeah if i try to sell the car its gonna get wrecked like the last one.....puahahh maybe its a good thing i didnt go to the movies today eh!? hahaha.

infinitexsound
04-30-2006, 03:46 PM
probably a good thing.... lol send some pics of the ride to my email..