PDA

View Full Version : Officially having surgery :(

Ghettokracker71
04-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Wrecked my s13 two years ago and ended up dislocating my knee. Fast forward to today,now I'm having to switch careers right when I finish with school and have knee recontruction at age 19. w00t. I see the doc may 11 and tentative date is aweek after that. Goodbye chosen career,goodbye summer...:(

EDIT:They haven't decided on reconstrunction or replacement yet. I have an opinion on that but I dunno wich would be better?

Also for those who don't know: I already had a spinal fusion so half my back is titanium anyway :w00t:

ALTRNTV
04-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Ouch. Sucks you have to through this. Don't be scared though, it'll be fine.

What was the career you had to change?

Ricks15
04-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Doctors work magic and im sure they will take care of you just fine. Don't give up what you set you're mind 2 do in life.

Ghettokracker71
04-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Believe it or not I was going to be a hair stylist(I'm not gay either,lol) I was in the aprenticeship program so I had to goto school+in shop learning.I graduate school may 2nd.

Rick-thanks for the advice. I know I could still do it,but for only so long seeing as it is alot more demanding on your knees/legs/back then most people give it credit....I had back surgery back when I was like 13 and I fucked that up in the wreck too. Never been right since. So even if I did stick to it I'd need to change careers anyway..

Thanks for the replies

Revolver Ocelot
04-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Best Wishes man! Hope it works out for the best.

ALTRNTV
04-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Just get like a really high chair, lol.

Maeda
04-26-2006, 12:55 AM
I thought you were going to say the NFL.

Try it out if you really love it. I'm an artist with carpel tunnel, two bad hips, a degenerative pelvic bone disorder, and a bad back. Yay!

So now I paint sitting down with the brush so loose in my hand it falls out now and again..... I still love it.

DRavenS13
04-26-2006, 01:07 AM
Try it out if you really love it. I'm an artist with carpel tunnel, two bad hips, a degenerative pelvic bone disorder, and a bad back.

You mean to tell me the human body has more than one hip? Wow. Health class really WAS a waste of time.

Maeda
04-26-2006, 01:30 AM
If they told you theres only one it really was.

Look back at your notes and check. Hip + s = plural.

Plural meaning more then one.

I'm really interested to hear how theres only one hip in the body.

Ghettokracker71
04-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Hahaha that sucks maeda:( Technically my neck is bad but the chiropractor keeps that from hurting so who gives as shit?

trsilvias13
04-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Sorry to hear, but good luck on your new career path. My suggestion get an office job, you get to be on zilvia all day. hehe

side joke, titanium? should have opt for atinanum (sp) and be the next wolverine. hehe

ManoNegra
04-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Adamantium ^ lol
Yay for wrecked bodies.
Broken fingers, broken wrist, dislocated shoulder, messed up ankles, torn knee adn bad back.
But I would never trade my skateboarding and soccer days for anything in the world.

aznpoopy
04-26-2006, 04:18 PM
You mean to tell me the human body has more than one hip? Wow. Health class really WAS a waste of time.

you are getting hip confused with pelvis

you have one pelvic bone.

you have two hips, which are the ridges on the side of the pelvis.

anyway good luck on the surgery man!

ALTRNTV
04-26-2006, 04:23 PM
http://www.emedx.com/emedx/diagnosis_information/diagnosis_information_image_files/knee_images/hip_osteoarthritis_xray.JPG

Maeda
04-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Hahaha that sucks maeda:( Technically my neck is bad but the chiropractor keeps that from hurting so who gives as shit?

It's not so bad. Orthropedic surgeons work wonders. I opted for not getting surgical corrections and just stretch everyday and things seem to be working better. I still paint sitting down but i'm learning to like it better.

Hope things get better for you, if not i'll build you a sweet 5 foot stool you can take to classes/work and back.

snatch13
04-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Sorry to hear man... hope the surgery goes well.

i'll build you a sweet 5 foot stool you can take to classes/work and back

I'd like to see it!

Ghettokracker71
04-26-2006, 06:34 PM
hahaha nice. Back at my first salon the owner broke his leg and was doing cuts off a stool...all his haircuts were mad crazy uneven,the left side was so much longer then the right where he was sitting haha:-P

Ghettokracker71
05-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Well tuesday I go under the knife...

They aren't recontructing they are cutting the bone that the knee cap is attached to and moving it over to my knee cap will sit right.

Possible another surgery in 12 months to remove some set screws?

NIK90s13
05-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Hang tough ''ciborg'' You have my prayers!!

aznpoopy
05-14-2006, 12:03 AM
i'll throw in a prayer for you too dude.

post back when you're up and running again.

Tenchuu
05-14-2006, 12:29 AM
I started a Zilvia.net xbox live clan when i went in for my hip surgery (yes it was only one of tow, the left one is still good), i suggest you join, it's a great way to pass the time. veary good investment.

Ghettokracker71
05-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Thanks nic90 and AZ its appreciated.

Hey technuu how much is all that shit? hmm I may need to look into that
..I plan on using my roommates xbox for quite alot of Godfather play :w00t: (I'm already a 'cape' or whatever.).

musikjunkie
05-14-2006, 05:27 AM
hey ghettokracker i have the same exact problem on both of my knees. i dislocated both of them but i didnt go get surgery. the doctor offered me either surgery or working out my legs so it would put the chances of me dislocating them at a lower chance. i choose to work out my legs because you strength the muscles that support your legs and knees. it helps out alot but now your going under the knife.. when you recover it helps outs if you work out your legs also to make them stronger once again

Tenchuu
05-14-2006, 07:08 AM
i belive it is $50 a year, or if you are tricky like me look for the xbox games witht he 2 months free in them, i got burnout 2 for $20 with the two free month thing inside of it. It's worth the $20 for the game and 2 months. just be sure to cancel your subscription after the 2 months/year if you don't want it or it will renew automaticlly

Ghettokracker71
05-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey just to give y'al an update I am officially home! I am rocking a big ass brace from my thigh (basically where my balls drop to) to my ankle on my left leg and am on some really heavy meds. Got home yesterday,been throwing up from meds but I am OK.

My mom actually had to drive me home in my 240 hahaha teh doctor was liek WTF when she rolled up in it. It actually was very comfortable considering I can't bend my leg at all.

I'll proble be post whoring a whole bunch now since I got nothing to do for a while :-D

Yuri
05-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Good to hear that you're back!
Time to play some xbox!

Good luck on your recovery. :)

Ghettokracker71
05-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Haha yeah damn xbox is at my house with my roomates:( I have to chill at my parents but thanks guys

apparently my swelling went down so much my cast doesnt fit around my leg properly

!Zar!
05-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Wow, I went through the same thing you're going through.

Except the meds I was on made me so loopy and tired, I would fall asleep before I could even hit the submit button. haha.

Good luck to you.

NIK90s13
05-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Glad to hear you are home and ok. Why did you need the op. in the first place?

Ghettokracker71
05-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Wow, I went through the same thing you're going through.

Except the meds I was on made me so loopy and tired, I would fall asleep before I could even hit the submit button. haha.

Good luck to you.

Yeah its weird I'm on the same meds but sometimes it'll make me loopy as hell and I'll pass out and shit,and sometimes I feel fine. Its really odd? Maybe the food I'm eating? I dunno I've thrown up the last two nights too.

NIK-I dislocated my knee when I wrecked my s13 two years ago,never been right since. Since I have some other health concerns I couldn't just have a scope put in and move my cap like they would with most people, they had to do fulkerson osteodime(sp) and open lateral release and arthroskapee(sp)

Basically cut the bone stick some screws in there and move it and reattach it :Ownedd:

EDIT:If my body doesn't "accept" the screws I need to have them taken out in about 12 months

NIK90s13
05-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Dude!!! I'm sorry!!What is your recovery time? Do you have to do phisical theropy? Will you ever be able to play the piano again?LOL

C. Senor
05-22-2006, 12:34 AM
hey i didnt see this thread before, first off i'm sorry to hear about your situation and then i'm glad to read everything went fine, it was interesting because i have malformed knees so my knee caps dont exactly bend over the grove that you have one the lower end of the femur and the upper end of your shin bone and it sounds like something they might have to do to me later on in life if i find myself unable to walk(i also am 19). i hope your not down for too long, have a fast recovery buddy!

aznpoopy
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
congrats man! glad to hear you're alright.