PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher claims another record - 66th pole

ManoNegra
04-24-2006, 01:59 PM
I know there was a lot on TV to watch this weekend with the NBA playoff starting and all but did anyone catch the San Marino Grand Prix?
Schumacher claimed his 66th career pole edging the late Ayrton Senna for the new all time record. He then went on to win the race, the last third of which with Renault's Alonso right on his ass. Home win for Ferrari!

sw20>>s14
04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
i heard rumors that rossi is planning on going to F1...theyre still waiting on his decision...all i can say is that if he does, rossis gonna give schumacher a run for his money...correct me if im wrong, but didnt rossi literally hop into an F1 car and completely shatter schumacher's record for that particular track? i heart rossi...

ManoNegra
04-24-2006, 04:36 PM
It'd be interesting to see. Not many drivers (with years of experience) come into F1 and are successful right off the bat.

swwifty
04-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Schumacher has so much experience its ridiculous.

There is no way someone could come into the series brand new and challenge him if he had the car setup properly. If even the new driver was fast during testing.

I noticed something interesting this weekend when Alonso was following Schumacher closely. Alonso was much faster than Schumacher going into Tosa, and almost passed him there once. Well, on the following laps Schumacher was braking earlier to catch Alonso off guard, and kill his monentum. That's experience for you.

RSP13-Sideways
04-24-2006, 05:46 PM
i heard rumors that rossi is planning on going to F1...theyre still waiting on his decision...all i can say is that if he does, rossis gonna give schumacher a run for his money...correct me if im wrong, but didnt rossi literally hop into an F1 car and completely shatter schumacher's record for that particular track? i heart rossi...

I love Valentino Rossi too but he jumped into that Ferrari Formula One car and testedat a private circuit in Italy, he was 3 seconds back from Schumachers lap record....he didn't shatter it but was close for his second time in the car.

I thought he was more interested in Rally racing, he didn't do too good last time I heard in 2005.

SKDiablo
04-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, theres a video of him in the "Faster" DVD where he gets to drive a rally car and carshes it.

Ricks15
04-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Why was it played on channel 2 for??? Was it just for that event?? is it still going to be played in Speed channel???

swwifty
04-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Why was it played on channel 2 for??? Was it just for that event?? is it still going to be played in Speed channel???

CBS is covering a few events.

Speed is still covering most of events.

Thank goodness, I hate CBS's coverage. The announcers are idiots.

ManoNegra
04-25-2006, 01:44 PM
LOL on CBS... they talk down to the audience a lot, it gets annoying but IMO it's a good thing they're trying to show people an an alternative to Nascar.

3 seconds in Formula 1 is a lifetime. I'd like to see him race under pressure.

It's true Alonso had the faster car - most would agree Renault is the best machine at the moment (engine revs up higher, etc, etc) in F1. So it's further proof of Schumacher icy-skill. Alonso did it to him last year on the same track, payback is a beaotch!

Ferrari better kiss Briggetone's ass too, their tires are vastly improved from last year.