PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

Pages : [1] 2

ALTRNTV
04-23-2006, 11:55 PM
The first games have been played. Thoughts?

The Suns beat the Lakers practically without Kobe really playing. No worries on the loss. We were right there 'till the end, and that no-call in the 4th was fucking BS. We now know we can hang with the Suns, even if Kobe's not attacking and scoring. We'll win game 2,3,4, and 6. :bigok:

I predict Clippers in 6 also. I'd love to see an LA vs LA 2nd round match-up. :naughty:

Kobe deserves the MVP. Sure Nash is a great player, but the Lakers would be NOTHING without Kobe. The Suns would still be in the playoffs if they didn't have Nash. The Lakers would be dead last if they didn't have Kobe. Seems like Kobe is a bit more valuable huh?

PHLIP, IM me when you read this, we need to talk basketball. :2f2f:

downshift_sideways
04-24-2006, 12:00 AM
iono Nash is one hell of a white guy that got handles...Clippers are taking it.

ALTRNTV
04-24-2006, 12:02 AM
I agree he's awesome, but even without him, the Suns would do alot better than the Lakers without Kobe.

FRpilot
04-24-2006, 02:00 AM
suns getting the 8th seed without nash? possibly..

Helghast
04-24-2006, 04:06 AM
It's clippers time to reign...but that's not gonna happen.

I'm a pacers fan, but let's be realistic, that's not gonna happen either.

TOMKAIRA93
04-24-2006, 04:34 AM
All I can say is: SPURS WORLD CHAMPS!

mjjstang
04-24-2006, 10:33 AM
excuse me boys but none of this means anything when you got the PISTONS contending, and to the kobe derserving mvp, that is complete bullshit, The reason the lakers suck is because of kobe, He hinders the team from growing, why do you think the pistons are the way they are without a single superstar, because chauncy doesnt go in every night saying how many points can I get by myself tonight. he is a teammate and a true mvp candidate, kobe Is an amazing athlete in his own respects but that is not how you win games and championships. He needs to pay attention to other aspects of the game, but ehhh, doesnt even matter were not worried about him over here in detroit thats for sure.

ALTRNTV
04-24-2006, 11:50 AM
excuse me boys but none of this means anything when you got the PISTONS contending

Where did I say the Lakers will win it all? I know for a fact they won't.

and to the kobe derserving mvp, that is complete bullshit, The reason the lakers suck is because of kobe, He hinders the team from growing,

Take Kobe and Chauncey out of their respective teams. Which team will do better? My point exactly. Pistons can win alot more games and do better without Chauncy, as they have both Wallaces, Prince, and Hamilton. The Lakers without Kobe, they got Odom. Lakers would be dead last and out of the playoffs. Tell me who's more valuable now?

He needs to pay attention to other aspects of the game,

I guess you didn't watch Game 1 against the Suns. His stat line- 22pts, 6 rebs, 5 assts. Looks like he wasn't looking to score the most points.

I bet the Suns got a bit of a scare when they almost lost with Kobe only scoring 22 :naughty:

Highboost180SX
04-24-2006, 01:18 PM
I am not a Laker fan but if I was I would be very happy right now. Even though they lost the game everyone came to play. If they can play like that and let Kobe average his 35ppg they will beat the Suns. Which he would have had if he hit the open shots that he missed, they just werent falling for him. If they beat the Suns I think they have a very good chance of making it to the WCF. After seeing the first games I am goin to pick the HEAT as my favorite. I am sure many of you will differ but if they stay healty they will make it through. I know what you are saying that they will never beat the Spurs, but the the Spurs dont match up well with Miami.

ManoNegra
04-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Damn, I set the my DVR to record the Lakers vs Suns game. It got everything but the last 22 secs of the game when the Laker's were down by 3.
I spent 2 + hours watching the game just so I could ask my brother who won the game...

chlatboy
04-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Yea Lakers could have taken if if the newer players were to have stepped up their game. The last couple of shots by players other than Kobe looked "half-assed" Even when they were open, they still didnt fall in. O well, next time!!!!

ALTRNTV
04-24-2006, 02:54 PM
If they beat the Suns I think they have a very good chance of making it to the WCF.

If the Lakers win the 1st round, they will most likely match up against the Clippers. LA vs LA in the 2nd round, and the Lakers can definitely beat the Clippers (or Nuggets) in the 2nd round to make it to the WCF.

After seeing the first games I am goin to pick the HEAT as my favorite. I am sure many of you will differ but if they stay healty they will make it through. I know what you are saying that they will never beat the Spurs, but the the Spurs dont match up well with Miami.

The Heat are good, but I don't know how much more Shaq has in his tank. Pistons will win the East.

Phlip
04-24-2006, 07:16 PM
I agree, Lakeshow in 6, but they need to not try and outscore the Suns, they need to slow the ball down a bit and play to their strengths. Kobe will come out for the next couple games playing like someone's life depended on it, I just can't see him performing flatly in 2 consecutive games.
As a Lakers fan, however, I don't see them realistically making the NBA Finals this year through San Antonio, who will eventually lose to that Juggernaut out there in Detroit...

... that is all (for now)

ALTRNTV
04-24-2006, 07:20 PM
You really think the Spurs will lose to Detroit (if it comes down to them two)? I think the Spurs will take it this year, but I don't really care. Just as long as Miami doesn't.

As a Laker fan also, no way in hell are they getting through San Antonio, well, this year. ;)

mjjstang
04-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Nah, Detroit has really gotten it togather this year, If you can even say they didnt have it togather last year because they did too, they just cant get overconfident which they really dont do anyhow, but its not going to be easy. Flip really deserves it this year too. I think were going to see a repeat of last year. Detroit - San Antonio and just like last year it was anyones for the grabbing, SA just had a little more in them.

TOMKAIRA93
04-26-2006, 07:59 AM
Did you'll see the SPURS beat on the kings? I must say it was by far one of the best games I've seen so far this year.

SPURS have alot of outside power to beat the Pistons (for you doubters out there). The X factor: Ginobiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Gnnr
04-26-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm gonna have to go with my man Wade and the Heat, me being from Miami and all. :D If we do lose out, its going to be in a 7th game...atleast they better! :D

punkz
04-26-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm going for the Mavs :D Doubt they'll win it all, but it'll be nice to see them advance a little into the playoffs.

ALTRNTV
04-26-2006, 04:26 PM
I saw reports that Nash will be awarded the MVP award.

So why no love for Kobe? Like we said earlier, it's strictly personal. There's no other explanation. The writers with the votes just don't like him. They're blurring their feelings about Kobe as a person with how they view him as a basketball player.

:madfawk:

snatch13
04-26-2006, 05:47 PM
No love for the Bucks?? Ha I can dream can't I?

I do agree with you tho AkademikONE, I believe Kobe is deifnately the most valuable player, because where would the Lakers be without him? But I do think Nash is a better player overall, which is why I don't disagree with the voters if he does get the MVP.

ALTRNTV
04-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Better player overall?

Bryant:
can shoot
can pass
can defend
can post up
can rebound
can block
can make players around him better (give it time)

Nash:
can shoot
can pass
sort of defend (I think)
makes players around him better

I'm not knocking on Nash's abilities, as I do agree he is one hell of a player. The problem is I don't think he's the MOST valuable player in the league. The Suns would still be in the playoffs if Nash wasn't there. The Lakers would be a lottery team if Bryant was gone.

Oh well, Nash is going to win it no matter what.

On another note, Kobe will be changing his number from #8 to #24 next season.

FRpilot
04-26-2006, 06:16 PM

where did you hear this? any story behind it?

FRpilot
04-26-2006, 06:16 PM

where did you hear this? any story behind it?

ALTRNTV
04-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Bryant began his career at Lower Merion High School in Ardmore, Pa., wearing No. 24. But by 1996 -- the year he led the school to the state championship -- he had switched to No. 33, the number his father Joe "Jelly Bean" Bryant wore in high school.

In order for a player to change jersey numbers at will, he either has to change teams or have the team inform the league of the decision more than six months in advance. Players who stay with the same team must have worn the same number for four seasons or longer. Sources say the Lakers informed the league of Bryant's wish to change his number by this year's March 3 deadline.

Calls placed to Bryant's agent Rob Pelinka and the Lakers were not immediately returned.

Over the past few months, Kobe Bryant's popularity has been on the rise again. His jersey was the fourth-best seller this season, up one spot from last year's position, according to sales at the NBA Store in Manhattan and on NBA.com.

When Bryant came into the league, he couldn't take the No. 33 because it had been retired seven years earlier by the Lakers in honor of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Bryant arrived at the No. 8 for two reasons. It was the number he wore when he was a kid playing in Italy. It also tied into the number he wore at Adidas' ABCD Camp, 143. The numbers add up to 8.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2421874)
Just so you guys think I'm not lying, lol.

ALTRNTV
04-27-2006, 12:42 AM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060427/i/r818352732.jpg

1-1

Edgar
04-28-2006, 03:19 PM
go Heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phlip
04-28-2006, 08:18 PM
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9013/dunk0ky.jpg

ALTRNTV
04-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Here's to the MVP.

http://i3.tinypic.com/wlf5td.jpg

Lakers 2-1. Kobe hasn't scored more than 30 in any of the games they won. All of the Laker starters were in double figures.

SimpleSexy180
04-29-2006, 03:00 AM
^ Rofl Cakes!

reefer1114
04-29-2006, 03:47 AM
kobes a little bitch...nuff said!

revat619
04-29-2006, 04:25 AM
^^

you're an idiot and you've said enough.

BOROSUN
04-29-2006, 05:19 AM
ever played with a good players? from my experience playing bball way back with a good friend of mine in nyc. he was talented especially scoring but playing with him was like... i would lose intrest and effort. i would still play though to win the game,but it was like work. and then there is my cousin, he can carry the whole team & carry the pace of the game. not only he can score, penetrate defences, crazy handles, amazing game visual +passing. he can make you look good and confedence up. i just have a better chemistry with him and enjoy the game more. if he was taller, he could definetly could be on nba.its just not meant for him, he's studying in nursing now. growing up sucks.:-p

i dunno if you guys can relate too it, cant really decribe it that well. but thats how i relate the difference between nash & kobe.

im a knicks fan but this year its all about detroit basketball.

Ricks15
04-29-2006, 10:52 AM
The bad thing about the Lakers right now is the the one man team Kobe has to play smart and make sure he don't get any injuries or else LA is in trouble.

Phlip
04-29-2006, 11:27 AM
In response to the last 2 posts, I will assume that neither of you watched the game last night.
Kobe didn't break into double figures until the 4th quarter, the fact of the matter is that the ball was moved about quite efficiently and everyone got a chance to play superstar. The "one man team" concept did not exist in this game. Any other team in the league SHOULD be fucking mortified after that game.

Gnnr
04-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah, great job Kobe. Trying to be a team player at the END of the season just so you can be considered for MVP. Weaksauce. Kobe dosent even use Odom to his full potential that he played at when he was in Miami. And what was the crap at the end of the game when they interviewed him. Talking about "us this", "team that", and "team this". Sad attempt to be seen as a teamplayer. He's only doing that to benefit himself. There is no "I" in team, but apparently for Kobe there is a "ME".

Ricks15
04-29-2006, 03:08 PM
So do you guys think Kobe will get the MVP award???? I say he gets it not matter what. Kobe has been playing so brilliantly its almost scary to say that he is sorta of in the league as Michael Jordan- although Jordan is considered a God of basketball in which no one will ever be at his level but Kobe is just the man.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

reefer1114
04-29-2006, 04:25 PM
^^

you're an idiot and you've said enough.

right... kobe is good but there are a lot better basketball players in the league. he is way overrated and is definitely not a good team player. thats the truth so get his balls out your mouth...

Phlip
04-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah, great job Kobe. Trying to be a team player at the END of the season just so you can be considered for MVP. Weaksauce. Kobe dosent even use Odom to his full potential that he played at when he was in Miami. And what was the crap at the end of the game when they interviewed him. Talking about "us this", "team that", and "team this". Sad attempt to be seen as a teamplayer. He's only doing that to benefit himself. There is no "I" in team, but apparently for Kobe there is a "ME".
Is there NO pleasing you motherfuckers?
He scores 62 and 81 points, both in the context of securing wins in the respective games, people bitch and moan.
He tones down a LITTLE leading to the end of the season, as those around him begin to become a little more confident and actually begin to make the shots that that they should not have been missing before. (remember, they were NOT in the playoffs last year for a reason, no fault of Kobe)
He plays a supremely team-oriented game taking down one of the so-called "elite" teams in the league without having to even ATTEMPT to score 30 himself and, some how, he is wrong? Using your backwards logic, he was wrong for leading the league in scoring STILL IN THE CONTEXT OF GETTING TO THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS, but is still wrong when he involves those around him, and is faking when he talkes about said accomplishment like the team player he had JUST exhibited himself to be.
Lamar Odom, the problem there is not with Kobe, as much as it is comparison to Kobe. Odom, in Miami, played a game that might be quite similar to what Kobe plays in LA. The fact here, however, is that if I have ANY player in the league on my team, as a coach, that I WANT to shoot for 50 points in one game right now, it is Kobe Bryant.
... you people fucking kill me.

... personally, I would like to see Brian Cook, Devean George and Lamar Odom shipped to Minnesota on July 1 in exchange for Kevin Garnett.

Phlip
04-29-2006, 05:18 PM
... and before someone further shows their age by accusing me of "having Kobe's nuts in my mouth," I will post a picture I have had on my hard drive for a while now:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6867/4819638yl.jpg

FRpilot
04-29-2006, 06:07 PM
right... kobe is good but there are a lot better basketball players in the league. he is way overrated and is definitely not a good team player. thats the truth so get his balls out your mouth...

overated!? are you kidding me? kobe is probably the best player in his sport in the world right now. he can shoot and defend, create his own shot, and starting to make his team mates better.

lamar odom in miami is not even a star. he's probably up and coming or has potential, but i dont see him leading a team. he's never goign to be the marquee player like tmac, pierce, arenas, lebron, etc. he's more like a jamison, terry, magette, etc. like a good sidekick.

yea i believe kobe was selfish, even when shaq was around. and after shaq left it was even worse, like this season he became more iversonisque (shooting tons and making like 35-40% of his shots). thats why i started to not like him, but you got to admit he has skills. if kobe/iverson didnt provide anything else like defense, assts, rebs, steals, and just shot a bunch they would regress to the marbury and steve francis level.. even antoine walker, imo, is in that level.. shoots too much.. you should only be allowed to take that many shots if you make 50% of your shots, not 40%.

revat619
04-29-2006, 06:31 PM

You're post was idiotic and i called you on it and now i have kobe's balls in my mouth?

hahahaha riiiiiiiiiiiight. Very mature.....:ugh:

yeah like i said, you're an idiot. You just made it 10 times more obivous. Its amazing how you "kobe haters" will take anything the media feeds you and run with it. Kobe cant do anything right in your eyes. Its really annoying to read some of you guys' posts.

And quite frankly, there's no use in me arguing with an idiot. I could put ALL the facts right in front of you and lay them on friggin silver platter, but at the end of the day your sense of logic and rationality (or lack thereof) is totally based on the fact that you have your head crammed so far up your own ass that the only stuff that actually makes sense to you is, well, BS.

Please stop talking and making a fool of yourself.

BOROSUN
04-29-2006, 08:30 PM
lakers should trade kobe to the knicks! hahahah

Phlip
04-29-2006, 08:32 PM
lakers should trade kobe to the knicks! hahahah
He'd retire first.
The current Knicks are, plain and simple, a shitty team with no potential or future.

mjjstang
04-29-2006, 11:27 PM
yes but they do have LB, and knowing him he can work somethihng out.

alexchanman
04-29-2006, 11:51 PM
why talk about the lakers when there is the other team from LA??

thats right, the clips. they are monsters this year and i expect to see them in the conference finals.

BRAND FOR MVP!!!

reefer1114
04-30-2006, 12:25 AM
You're post was idiotic and i called you on it and now i have kobe's balls in my mouth?

hahahaha riiiiiiiiiiiight. Very mature.....:ugh:

yeah like i said, you're an idiot. You just made it 10 times more obivous. Its amazing how you "kobe haters" will take anything the media feeds you and run with it. Kobe cant do anything right in your eyes. Its really annoying to read some of you guys' posts.

And quite frankly, there's no use in me arguing with an idiot. I could put ALL the facts right in front of you and lay them on friggin silver platter, but at the end of the day your sense of logic and rationality (or lack thereof) is totally based on the fact that you have your head crammed so far up your own ass that the only stuff that actually makes sense to you is, well, BS.

Please stop talking and making a fool of yourself.

hahaha ok bring the facts and ill show you some better ones. you talk about what the media feeds me is all i listen to? all i hear are kobe praises from the media. how is that listening to them? i said that kobe was good but he is not that great. you trying to act more mature than i and calling me an idiot doesnt make kobe any more of a better basketball player.

Gnnr
04-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the negative rep, didn't know Kobe was such a sensitive issue. ;)

Look, there is no inbetween with Kobe. Either you love him or you hate him. Just like he said in his commercial. You have to agree with me there. I guess players like LeBron James who can go scoreless in a quarter but have an unbelievable amount of assists and win the game, that just amazes me. Solid teamwork.

Its not like I was the first person to ever say that about Kobe. Countless sports comentators and journalist have said the same things. Its hard to ignore. Just read his Wiki Entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Bryant). His public image is not very good. Its just the things he's done. Let me see him lead the league in assists and use his teamates more. He has the talent he can do it. I know that the team is better now than at the beginning of the season. So next season if I see him go out of his way to prove to the public that he honestly has good sportsmanship, then I'll can rid myself of the image I have of him now.

revat619
04-30-2006, 12:51 AM
You said this

"kobes a little bitch...nuff said!"

That was idiotic.

You then said this:

"right... kobe is good but there are a lot better basketball players in the league. he is way overrated and is definitely not a good team player. thats the truth so get his balls out your mouth..."

I never made any reference to kobe's abilties, let alone kobe himself and you said i had his balls in my mouth. Again, idiotic. You did all the talking. I just stated the obvious

Kobe is overrated? How so? Explain that. There are players in the league that are better than him? Name one player who is an ALL AROUND better basketball player than him? Hell, i'll make it easier for you, name a guard that is better than him. Saying Kobe "isnt that great" is ignorant and you know it. Just say you dont like the guy cuz thats all this is really about.

Also, this issue of making players around you better....

I understand this, BUT at the sametime it also takes that other teammate wanting to step up and be better. You cant MAKE somebody play hard. It goes both ways. You cant put all the blame on Kobe.

Gnnr
04-30-2006, 12:56 AM
You are talking about reefer1114, right? Just so there's no confusion since you didn't use the quote. I didn't say any of those things. :D

revat619
04-30-2006, 01:03 AM
hahaha yeah. sorry about that. Yeah, i was talking to reefer1114.

oridostyle
04-30-2006, 01:31 AM
LAL VS LAC :bigok:

reefer1114
04-30-2006, 01:41 AM
You said this

"kobes a little bitch...nuff said!"

That was idiotic.

You then said this:

"right... kobe is good but there are a lot better basketball players in the league. he is way overrated and is definitely not a good team player. thats the truth so get his balls out your mouth..."

I never made any reference to kobe's abilties, let alone kobe himself and you said i had his balls in my mouth. Again, idiotic. You did all the talking. I just stated the obvious

Kobe is overrated? How so? Explain that. There are players in the league that are better than him? Name one player who is an ALL AROUND better basketball player than him? Hell, i'll make it easier for you, name a guard that is better than him. Saying Kobe "isnt that great" is ignorant and you know it. Just say you dont like the guy cuz thats all this is really about.

Also, this issue of making players around you better....

I understand this, BUT at the sametime it also takes that other teammate wanting to step up and be better. You cant MAKE somebody play hard. It goes both ways. You cant put all the blame on Kobe.

ok i apologize for saying you had kobes balls in your mouth but anyways heres some facts for you. A better player than Kobe? hmmm Dwyane Wade is...6.7APG so far this season compared to Kobes 4.5APG shows that he is easily a better team/NBA player. Just because Kobe is averaging 35.4PPG does not mean he is a better NBA player. It just shows how he shoots a lot. ALL AROUND does not mean he scores the most points in the games. And how long has Wade been in the league? exactly...this kid will outshine Kobe in the upcoming years. Kobes FG% is .397 while Wades is .429. so theres some facts for you. point proven. the end-

revat619
04-30-2006, 03:07 AM
How did i know you were gonna throw dwayne wade in there.....

I know exactly what all around means. You obviously do not. I wasnt just talking about scoring. HENCE THE REASON I SAID ALL AROUND. Pay attention. All around means all inclusive. All aspects of the game. Post game, outside game, defense, scoring ability, rebounds, etc.

So because Wade has more assists than kobe, that makes him a better team player? That logic is retarded. In that case, your saying that dwayne wade is a better team player than any player to have averaged less assists than him. Doesnt make much sense now does it?

Wade outshining Kobe in the coming years...

Thats speculation and your personal opinion. I'm sorry, but you cant use that as fact to back up your argument. Regardless, Kobe has 3 rings. He's got a lot of catching up to do.

Dwayne Wade is an awesome player, dont get me wrong, but he's not as versitile as Kobe.

Point proven? No.

reefer1114
04-30-2006, 03:30 AM
How did i know you were gonna throw dwayne wade in there.....

I know exactly what all around means. You obviously do not. I wasnt just talking about scoring. HENCE THE REASON I SAID ALL AROUND. Pay attention. All around means all inclusive. All aspects of the game. Post game, outside game, defense, scoring ability, rebounds, etc.

So because Wade has more assists than kobe, that makes him a better team player? That logic is retarded. In that case, your saying that dwayne wade is a better team player than any player to have averaged less assists than him. Doesnt make much sense now does it?

Wade outshining Kobe in the coming years...

Thats speculation and your personal opinion. I'm sorry, but you cant use that as fact to back up your argument. Regardless, Kobe has 3 rings. He's got a lot of catching up to do.

Dwayne Wade is an awesome player, dont get me wrong, but he's not as versitile as Kobe.

Point proven? No.

you did not provide any info. all you did was define something we all know. how do i not know what team player is? did i not say what teamwork was in my previous response? assist means helping with the point made. how does it not show that he is a better team player. (he is passing the ball to someone else so they can make the shot) someone who actually passes the ball as a better team player?...how is that logic retarded? anyways respond with what you want. i dont want to ruin another persons thread although i might have already. :)

ALTRNTV
04-30-2006, 05:53 AM
he is way overrated and is definitely not a good team player.

Overrated? To me, he is UNDERrated. Yes I said it, underrated. I've noticed, that alot of Kobe's haters, don't even watch Laker games. All they see are the highlights on Sportscenter. You don't get to see him play, you don't get to see him take over a game when needed. You don't see him doing the things he does to make his team win, and that doesn't necessarily mean he's jacking up shots, as you could tell by the last 3 games.

thats right, the clips. they are monsters this year and i expect to see them in the conference finals.

BRAND FOR MVP!!!
They'll have to run into the Lakers if that's to happen ;) The Lakers, I'm sure, can beat them in a 7-game series.

Brand has been playing great, I always liked him.

all i hear are kobe praises from the media.

What news do you listen to? For every 1 Kobe praise, there are 2 Kobe criticisms.

doesnt make kobe any more of a better basketball player.

Too bad he already is.

Look, there is no in between with Kobe. Either you love him or you hate him.

True.

Let me see him lead the league in assists and use his teamates more.

That would be good and all if Kobe was a point guard. Fact is, Kobe is "wired" to score, not to dish the ball.

So next season if I see him go out of his way to prove to the public that he honestly has good sportsmanship, then I'll can rid myself of the image I have of him now.

He has one of the best sportsmanship reputation of athletes right now, what the hell are you talking about. Who cares if you can rid yourself of his image, he doesn't care and neither do we.

A better player than Kobe? hmmm Dwyane Wade is...6.7APG so far this season compared to Kobes 4.5APG shows that he is easily a better team/NBA player.

So you mean to tell me Steve Nash, Baron Davis, Brevin Knight, and Jason Kidd are a better overall player than Kobe? You have got to be kidding. They have more APG than Kobe, that doesn't mean they're a better player.

ALL AROUND does not mean he scores the most points in the games.

True, since ALL-AROUND means this:
-can score
-can rebound
-can pass
-can defend
-can block
-can post-up
-can shoot the 3 ball
-can shoot FT's

exactly...this kid will outshine Kobe in the upcoming years.

Let's see Kobe's abilities:
-can score (check) 35.4
-can rebound (check) 5.3
-can pass (check) 4.5
-can defend (check)
-can block (check) .4
-can post-up (check) 1.8
-can shoot the 3 ball (check) .347
-can shoot FT's (check) .850
plus
-can score at will
-clutch player
-champion

Let's see Wade's abilities
-can score 27.2
-can rebound 5.7
-can pass 6.7
-can block .8
-can post-up
-can shoot FT's .783

I'll let that do the talking. Also, Kobe isn't even at his prime yet. He has yet to be better.

I find the Kobe haters quite amusing. They'll say anything to make a point, but alot of them don't know the 1st thing about basketball. I agree with Philip and Jay about most of them listen to what the media says, and nothing else. They don't want to give credit where credit is due. That's fine with me. As much Kobe haters out there, there are alot more that love him.

I do believe the Suns are finished. They are supposed to easily beat the Lakers, who are a mere 7th seed. Pressure's on the Suns. Let's see how they handle it.

Lakers will win the series, I call it. I also call the Lakers to advance all the way to the Western Conference Finals (they can beat LAL and DEN in the 2nd round).

You haters want to say anymore? Bring it.

revat619
04-30-2006, 02:30 PM
AkademikONE for FTW!!!

You're definitely getting posi rep for that one.

I dont think anything else needs to be said on the issue. If you're still denying Kobe after that, then you're just choosing to remain in the dark and hate.

Great post dude. :bow:

ALTRNTV
04-30-2006, 04:39 PM
So where are all the Kobe haters now? Probably hiding under a rock where you should be.

For all the people saying Nash shuld be MVP, here's what I think:
Nash LOST the game for the Suns. First off, missing 8 shots in the 4th quarter. Secondly, turning it over at the end of regulation. Thirdly, the jumpball situation. MVP my fucking ass.

Lakers up 3-1. I don't need to say anything else. All you haters STFU.

FRpilot
04-30-2006, 05:02 PM
So where are all the Kobe haters now? Probably hiding under a rock where you should be.

For all the people saying Nash shuld be MVP, here's what I think:
Nash LOST the game for the Suns. First off, missing 8 shots in the 4th quarter. Secondly, turning it over at the end of regulation. Thirdly, the jumpball situation. MVP my fucking ass.

Lakers up 3-1. I don't need to say anything else. All you haters STFU.

one of the best games ive seen in a while.. i didnt think kobe was going to make that last shot with all the double and triple teaming he's gone up against and clunking jump shots!! and that running floater kobe shot to force overtime! that didnt look easy! btw, i think the suns got robbed on a couple possessions with no call fouls. home court pressure on the refs i guess.. tough luck. but this was a great game, especially with all the 3s devean george dropped to keep it close. good team effort. kwame still bobbles the ball around and needs to improve his ft shooting. but he has a good nba body to make up for it..

im glad the lakers won this one and i'd like to see the lakers win, but this would probably mean a boring western conference finals. either spurs or mavs will kill either of the la teams in the conf finals..

woodchuck
04-30-2006, 05:06 PM
whoa - if bobe played through out the ENTIRE SEASON like he is in the post seaon then i'd give him the mvp. - shit they could've been top of their division...conference maybe? but he didn't. if this trend continues for next season then no question he'd be mvp, but mvp for this season? c'mon. get real.

the series isn't over yet but it does look grim for the suns.

Ricks15
04-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Deff Kobe forthe MVP of the year Fuck everyone else-especially San Antonio which ='s:ghey:

Phlip
04-30-2006, 06:05 PM
whoa - if bobe played through out the ENTIRE SEASON like he is in the post seaon then i'd give him the mvp. - shit they could've been top of their division...conference maybe? but he didn't. if this trend continues for next season then no question he'd be mvp, but mvp for this season? c'mon. get real.

the series isn't over yet but it does look grim for the suns.
Did you pay attention this season?
He was not able to play in this manner the whole season, the team that is around him lacks playoff experience for the most part. He played the first part of the season like he had something to prove and like he HAD to take on the scoring load, which he did. Later in the season, those around him began to behave in a more confidence-inspiring manner and, in such, he and Phil placed that in them. The playoffs, to this point now, when it all counts is where his value to the team begins to show even more. To NOT have to score 50 points, be in foul trouble the whole game and THEN still be in position to take the last shot of both regulation AND overtime in the manner that they both went down? There is not ONE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE right now with that kind of killer instinct.

Ricks15
04-30-2006, 06:10 PM
"killer instinct" yep Kobe's on a mission.

woodchuck
04-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Philip -
Did you pay attention this season?
yes i did pay attention this season and i agree on every word you posted.

thing is the MVP award shouldn't be based on the 4 great games that the lakers played against the suns.

Gnnr
04-30-2006, 07:53 PM
OKAY OKAY ENOUGH ABOUT KOBE, BACK ON TOPIC :D

So whats up with these young teams man!? They're really hungry for the championship, they're playing with a lot of heart. The Clippers and the Bulls, are letting their precense be known. Almost came out of nowhere, its making the playoffs very interesting. =)

m072514
04-30-2006, 08:56 PM
WHOA!

99-98 (OT) LAKERS!
3-1 what now suns? nash?

kobe showed his worth today, as he does all the time. odom was the high scorer with 25, 8 boards, and 5 assists. sick! phil jackson is doing some great things again with the lakers, and their teamwork is paying off. kobe's a leader, not a ball hog, and like akademicONE said, he does what he has to do to win the game. he'd be doing less if the other players would step up more, like today.

and just so people dont think im a bandwagoner, i was born & raised in LA, im in annapolis, maryland for college. i went to all three of the laker victory parades when they won their threepeat. i was in high school at the time. booyah!

Advan
04-30-2006, 09:52 PM
hohoooo, the Bulls are almost close to putting out the Heat. Tied 2-2, now. I can see the rookies beating them if they can continue putting Shaq in foul trouble. They better beat the Heat overall.

BOROSUN
04-30-2006, 09:53 PM
does anyone here hates tony parker besides me. i admit he is good, though. annoyingly good.

watchng the spurs vs kings game 4 right now. looks like kings is holding up well, go artest.

mjjstang
04-30-2006, 09:57 PM
i hate him only because im jealous. bastard.

ALTRNTV
05-01-2006, 12:07 AM
^
Thank-you.

I hope the Bulls beat the Heat.

anthony240
05-01-2006, 01:22 AM
Suns got robbed, but they didn't lose the game, the Lakers won, they just played better ball.

Suns relied too much on Nash, and at the worse time cause his confidence was low after missing those open shots in the final minutes. And having Marion foul out was no help.

I wish the refs would pay closer attention, i understand their situation, their adrenaline is rushing and they begin watching instead of officiating. Having said that i don't wanna delve deeper because it won't help any.

I KNOW the Suns wouldn't last long in the playoffs anyway, but they do make for a great series, with any team.

s14xman
05-01-2006, 01:30 AM
kings looked good tonight, but they'll fold under the pressure in San Antonio

ALTRNTV
05-01-2006, 02:18 AM
kings looked good tonight, but they'll fold under the pressure in San Antonio

As with all their playoff runs. What they need to do is fire Rick Adelman.

http://www.nba.com/media/KBBuzzer_600_060430.jpg

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/cpress/20060501/capt.v043031a.jpg

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/nm/20060501/2006_05_01t010519_344x450_us_nba_lakers.jpg

ALTRNTV
05-01-2006, 03:08 AM
thing is the MVP award shouldn't be based on the 4 great games that the lakers played against the suns.

If that was true, Nash shouldn't get it.

AdoriPimp
05-01-2006, 03:23 AM
I think Kings will take it in round 7. Artest got Ginobli on locks! 3 pts on sunday.

ALTRNTV
05-01-2006, 03:31 AM
I'll be damned if the Kings beat the Spurs. I don't mind, as the Lakers will have free reign over the Western Conference, hahaha.

:fawk:

woodchuck
05-01-2006, 11:07 AM
If that was true, Nash shouldn't get it.

True Dirty Dirk should get it.

Gnnr
05-01-2006, 03:08 PM
What the hell was up with Reggie Evans grabbing Chris Kaman's nuts!? WTF? :ugh:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QFcinlrgojk&search=chris%20kaman

ALTRNTV
05-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Hahahahaha.... what the?

I think he had nut envy, lol.

punkz
05-01-2006, 04:16 PM
I wonder if the Mavs will pull of the sweep of the Grizz tonight. Go Mavs!

ALTRNTV
05-01-2006, 05:58 PM
I doubt they'll pull the sweep. Grizzlies by 5 points tonight.

Bonzi Wells has been playing great the past two games, let's see if he can keep it up in San Antonio.

"Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadewaway. Hate my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran, a champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved for the exact same reasons."

:fawk:

BOROSUN
05-01-2006, 06:47 PM
http://www.bballone.com/lebronj/cavaliers/images/cavaliers5.jpg
it has just begun

damn pic wont show

ALTRNTV
05-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Why are you showing the Cavs playing the Kings? lol

You could have shown a more recent playoff picture, like this one:

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/nm/20060501/2006_05_01t005813_299x450_us_nba_wizards.jpg

Gnnr
05-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Where do you guys go to get NBA pics?

ALTRNTV
05-01-2006, 07:22 PM
I just search on Yahoo! images. Then I click "News image results for xxxxxxx," that displays the recent photos.

Gnnr
05-01-2006, 07:29 PM
http://www.geocities.com/tzovas/gallery/wade_dunk.jpg

lol. Look at the ref in the picture.

ALTRNTV
05-01-2006, 07:35 PM
For those that didn't see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTT40xE9oNE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb88sDhKy5s

BOROSUN
05-01-2006, 08:05 PM
looks like gameovar for the wizzlies

ALTRNTV
05-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Looks like game over for the Suns, Grizzlies, and Nuggets.

Jcb890
05-01-2006, 10:45 PM
looks like... yup, basketball still sucks.

such a boring sport to watch. back and forth back and forth for the whole game. might as well just watch the last minute of the games.

NemeGuero
05-01-2006, 11:07 PM

such a boring sport to watch. back and forth back and forth for the whole game. might as well just watch the last minute of the games.

Wow, great contribution to the thread. Thanks for posting.

Jcb890
05-01-2006, 11:12 PM
no problem ;)

punkz
05-02-2006, 12:32 AM
I doubt they'll pull the sweep. Grizzlies by 5 points tonight.

HA! :bigok:

I , kind of want to see the Spurs win to see the Mavs beat them, but then again I want to see the Kings pull it off just to see the Spurs go down. Oh well, the hockey playoffs are more important to me right now so either works :D

TOMKAIRA93
05-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Punkz: I doubt the Spurs will let go...the kings did what they were suppose to do and that was to win at home. Spurs will take it in 6; and no, the mavs have no chance!

ALTRNTV
05-02-2006, 05:06 AM
HA! :bigok:

Haha, oh well. Clippers looked good tonight.

As for the Spurs-Kings, it could have been 3-1 Kings right now if Brent Barry's 3 didn't go in during the last seconds of game 2.

Looks like... yup, we still don't care what you think.

s14xman
05-02-2006, 07:33 AM
^^^^^^
yea that pist me off, then they just fell apart in OT. Can't wait to see the game tonight

punkz
05-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Haha, oh well. Clippers looked good tonight.

They did. So if it comes to it would they be playing the Lakers if the Lakers/Spurs win? That'd be pretty cool.

Punkz: I doubt the Spurs will let go...the kings did what they were suppose to do and that was to win at home. Spurs will take it in 6; and no, the mavs have no chance!

Oh yeah, the Spurs are to good of a team to just fall apart. I just want to see the Kings maybe pull it off or at least make the Spurs work hard for the series win. We'll see how far the Mavs go as well :)

m072514
05-02-2006, 01:58 PM
AAHHH! who is gonna be watching the lake show take out phoenix tonight!

now i have a dilemma... watching LAL and LAC going at it for the 2nd round, and who to root for!... o ahwoierowkng9834 ond;o v-023 ~!

i guess im marginally more of a laker fan than a clipper fan...

ALTRNTV
05-02-2006, 02:26 PM
They did. So if it comes to it would they be playing the Lakers if the Lakers/Spurs win? That'd be pretty cool.

In the 2nd round, the Clippers would face the winner of the Lakers-Suns series, and signs point to the Lakers.

LAL vs LAC the next round!

I'm a huge Clipper fan, but you all know who I'm rooting for. :D

bboyt3nsk
05-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Go Cavs!!!
Eric Snow came into my work yesterday, too.
I dont mean to jack a thread or anything, just let it be subsidary....What do you guys thing about the refs, suppopsidly taking away Lebrons, usually style of play, which is pretty aggressive?

ManoNegra
05-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Rumor is spreading like fire right now here at work:
Kwame Brown is being investigated for an alleged sexual assault on Sunday following the Laker's win. Co-workers here are saying CNN broke the news on TV.

ALTRNTV
05-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Hhmm.. I checked out CNN.com and didn't find anything.

ManoNegra
05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm hoping this is just a sick joke. I'm trying to find anything on the net.

ALTRNTV
05-02-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty sure it is. I also searched the net. Found nothing. I'm pretty sure it's something to rile up the Suns fans, lol.

ManoNegra
05-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Well, it appears to be somewhat true... police is investigating but no charges yet.
XTRA Sports 570 AM (http://www.xtrasportsradio.com/pages/streaming.html)
They're discussing it right now.

ALTRNTV
05-02-2006, 05:50 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=sports&id=4136876

Why'd Kwame have to pull off a Kobe... hope it's just speculation.

ManoNegra
05-02-2006, 06:04 PM
They're just allegations, no charges yet. So he'll play but I wonder what will this do to his head. ABC TV was the one that broke the news. Sucks balls, why do they feel they need to reports allegations? Specially on game day? WTF!!! And if it's true, WTF where you thinking Kwame!? Havent' you learned anything from all you previous fuck-ups? Worse, you're married and have kids. Damn.

ALTRNTV
05-03-2006, 03:24 AM
Lakers 3-2. Game 6 in LA on this Thursday.

That flagrant foul Raja committed on Kobe was uncalled for. Raja was constantly reaching in. When you reach in that much, prepare to catch some elbows.

Phil Jackson and Kobe pleaded to the league office that they don't suspend Raja. Pretty classy move. Here's what Phil had to say:

"We want him out there," Jackson said. "We want their full team out there to play. It's the only way to do it. You have to earn what you win."

ManoNegra
05-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Wow that's pretty ballsy of Phil and Kobe.
But I think Raja had it coming and I hope he is suspended. He was drapped all over Kobe for the whole game and being very physical. Roll the dice, pay the price.
And you could see Kwame's head wasn't in the game.
Should be a good game come Thursday.
BTW Akademik, where you ever a writer? Your handle suggests it.

TOMKAIRA93
05-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Rumor is spreading like fire right now here at work:
Kwame Brown is being investigated for an alleged sexual assault on Sunday following the Laker's win. Co-workers here are saying CNN broke the news on TV.

It's them groupies man...K.B. is kinda balling in L.A. so they decide to give it up and now they want some $$... Let's hope everthing comes out OK for the sake of b-ball and K.B.

Gnnr
05-03-2006, 12:44 PM
LA Clippers vs. LA Lakers. Man, that would be an awsome playoff matchup! :D

BOROSUN
05-03-2006, 01:23 PM
bell should have stomped kobe's brain to the floor. if you keep throwing elbows like that on the street someone is goin to die. game6 the heat is on the suns though.

go nets!

ALTRNTV
05-03-2006, 02:02 PM
BTW Akademik, where you ever a writer? Your handle suggests it.

A writer? Nope. Well, I wrote alot of essays in high school. haha

And you could see Kwame's head wasn't in the game.

Actually, he was just plagued with fouls. He had like 3 offensive fouls called on him. Looks like he was trying to be a bit more aggressive.

bell should have stomped kobe's brain to the floor.

In the rulebooks, if the defender is reaching in and contact is made in any/either way and direction, it'll be called against the defender as a reach-in foul. Bell had a right to be frustrated, but didn't have the right to throw Kobe like that.

if you keep throwing elbows like that on the street someone is goin to die.

Too bad it wasn't the streets.

ALTRNTV
05-03-2006, 07:05 PM
The league announced today that they have suspended Raja Bell for one game. He will not play in Game 6 and will have to stay in Phoenix. I actually wanted hm to play, but oh well.

Ricks15
05-03-2006, 07:14 PM
The playoffs this season are dope nothing but good action and bad ass basketball.:mrmeph:

ALTRNTV
05-03-2006, 07:20 PM
I agree. The underdogs are actually making noise. Unlike years past, where the teams "supposed" to win blow right through.

ManoNegra
05-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Agree + 1. Aside from the Mavericks vs Grizzlies series, all of them have been exciting and hard fought.
Maybe I'm biased but I still believe the Lakers vs Suns series has been the best so fa - the leagues MVP vs the best player this season, one team cruising and one few thought could make the playoff at the beginning of the season going to the wire. Both with young rosters.
And anyone that plays that close and aggressive defense on a another player is bound to get his head rattled. Raja made a choice and it worked - Kobe didn't have a stellar game - but in the end he got caught up in his own fervor.

Helghast
05-04-2006, 01:20 PM
w00t! LA vs. LA for round 2!

can you say riot . . .

anthony240
05-04-2006, 01:40 PM
if Raja Bell did play the Lakers stadium would erupt and throw him off his game, as well as the team's. Classy? Basketball is also a psychological game. If you get in your opponents head he'll be out of focus and not play to his potential. That's what Kobe did, and it finally got to Raja. Classy is not the word, intelligent is, but to no avail, Raja was suspended anyway. Phil Jackson has been around long enough to know how to play his opposing teams, on and off the floor.

BOROSUN
05-04-2006, 02:32 PM
anyone saw james 45pts and arenas 44pts last night. every game so far is exciting.

ALTRNTV
05-04-2006, 02:54 PM
w00t! LA vs. LA for round 2!

can you say riot . . .

Riot. I'm sure there will be one.

anyone saw james 45pts and arenas 44pts last night. every game so far is exciting.

I saw it. I was hoping the Wizards would win.

I was really hoping the leauge wouldn't suspend Raja.

Game 6 tonight.

bangoo man
05-04-2006, 04:00 PM
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/storage/images/rajaflopbig.gif

HAHA

ALTRNTV
05-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Kobe didn't even make contact with Raja's face... Good acting.

m072514
05-04-2006, 05:54 PM
FUCK RAJA BELL! i hate that arrogant son of a bitch! i hope he now realizes that, with his suspension in tonights game, that his selfishness and immaturity just cost his team whatever hope they had of advancing to round 2. now kobe's not gonna have anyone defending him, and he's gonna be at home... goodbye phoenix!

ManoNegra
05-04-2006, 07:06 PM
+ 1 ^ What a joke.

BOROSUN
05-04-2006, 08:01 PM
gameover pacer... yay nets

looks like gameover for bulls too.

s14xman
05-05-2006, 12:40 AM
damn, suns and lakers is a great series. Suns can't win three in a row though haha.
Can't wait to see what the kings to tomorrow

ALTRNTV
05-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Bring on game 7. As a hardcore Laker fan, I honestly wouldn't be so pissed off if the Lakers lose the series. Reason is, the Lakers aren't "meant" to reach the 2nd round. If they do reach the 2nd round, then great, if not, then it's not a monumental collapse, as they are the #7 seed. I give Phoenix props in game 6, as they played like a team desperate for a win.

It would take a tremendous effort on the Suns to beat LA 3 in a row, and I just don't see that happening. If it does, then hey, we had a great season, but I'll stick to my prediction that it will be LA vs LA in the next round.

m072514
05-05-2006, 08:03 AM
^ +1. hopefully...

Gnnr
05-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Nets vs. Heat

Oh man, this is gonna be interesting. :D Damn VC!!

BOROSUN
05-05-2006, 01:26 PM
its gonna be a problem for the heat just like with the bulls if the nets keeps slash to the basket, not only that, they are experienced unlike the bulls youngsters. berry interesting game, indeed.

muhahah you lakers fans got your butts puckerd up. anyways kobe for the elbow again! thats his new signature move.

OdessaS13
05-05-2006, 02:15 PM
kobe seems to play better when he doenst give a shit, game 6 last second son 4th he started throwing up halfcourt shoots like it was nuthing hahaha
guy is crazy, but a ballhog, and suns deserve to win, they actually play like a team, if they keep on passin in game 7 like they did in game 6 there going to round 2 fo sho

ManoNegra
05-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Nobody stepped up for the Lakers besides Lamar and Kobe (which made a few stupid momentum changing decisions). Credit to the Suns for coming up with a good but simple gameplan and executing, boos to the Lakers coaching staff for not coming up with a good counter and the players for not showing some heart. Hurts to be Lakers fan right now. Crossing fingers for Sat.

samms95s14se
05-05-2006, 04:11 PM
We choked that game away, If were up by 3 why not just give them a 2? why and the hell would you leave someone standing at the 3 point line to tie the game up? That shit pissed me off!! Well we won in Phoenix before so hopefully we can do it again. Go Lakers!!!

ALTRNTV
05-05-2006, 07:00 PM
muhahah you lakers fans got your butts puckerd up. anyways kobe for the elbow again! thats his new signature move.

Raja's just a good actor, as you can see from the .gif above this page.

Kobe hater's are funny, but when he wins games, you guys all shut up. Hahaha :keke:

BOROSUN
05-06-2006, 01:34 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/suns/06playoffs_lb_r1g6.jpg

Ricks15
05-06-2006, 01:45 AM
So did cleavland beat the wizards??? Im to lazy to watch the sports report.

BOROSUN
05-06-2006, 01:55 AM
cavs won, it was a good game too. so its cavs vs piston, but wizards has better win record with the pistons. its going to be tough for james.

love this pic
http://www.nba.com/media/james_400_060425.jpg
I AM A WITNESS

s14xman
05-06-2006, 03:26 AM
well the #8 kings gave the spurs a run for their money but they came up short. Oh well i'm used to the kings loosing in the playoffs.

bboyt3nsk
05-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Cavs Cavs Cavs. I cant wait for this next series, itll be some goooood stuff!
I AM A WITNESS!

oridostyle
05-06-2006, 08:50 PM
SUNS SUNS SUNS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lakers BYE BYE hahahhahahahahaha

STEVE NASH MVP MVP MVP go to hell kobe hahahahahahhaha :mrmeph:

BOROSUN
05-06-2006, 08:51 PM
gameover lakers... it was already over when it was 6mins left on 4th quarter. nash is amazing, definatly the heart of the sun.

oridostyle
05-06-2006, 08:53 PM
In the 2nd round, the Clippers would face the winner of the Lakers-Suns series, and signs point to the Lakers.

LAL vs LAC the next round!

I'm a huge Clipper fan, but you all know who I'm rooting for. :D

Suns and Clippers will be fun to watch. Lakers LOSERS HAHAHAHAH. AkademikONE your wrong on everything about the Lakers and loser Kobe hahahhaha.

BOROSUN
05-06-2006, 08:53 PM
awww looks like kobe is going to cry.

oridostyle
05-06-2006, 08:59 PM

of course Raja Bell will be there laughing hahahhaah.

BOROSUN
05-06-2006, 09:04 PM
of course Raja Bell will be there laughing hahahhaah.

man, he didnt even shook hands & congrats on a tough game with any of the suns. what a baby, sore loser. waaah waaah crying while going home.

ManoNegra
05-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Damn Lakers, toying with my heart like that (3-1) only to crush it with three lame games in a row... why? why?? Sob...
Congratulations Phoenix, you showed more heart than we did and deserve the win.

oridostyle
05-06-2006, 09:07 PM
man, he didnt even shook hands & congrats on a tough game with any of the suns. what a baby, sore loser. waaah waaah crying while going home.

yea totally no sportsmanship at all for loser Kobe.

ManoNegra
05-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Let me see, the Suns are up by over 20 + points but keep many of their starters on the floor playing hard to push the lead. That's hardly sporting.
And last I checked Kobe's got three rings... that loser. Anyways, good luck on the next series.

Ricks15
05-06-2006, 09:16 PM
My team WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just that Kobe has a heart of a brutal contender and shows no mercy for his apponents. Nahh im kiddin you guys gota realize that Kobe had alot on his shoulders to carry. For a one man team to propell his team through game #1 of the playoffs is one tough job, and people know that very well too alot is expected from him too. But he is only human and so I guess his emotions got to him.

oridostyle
05-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Kobe is a great player, but hes just too cocky :fawkd:

SimpleSexy180
05-06-2006, 09:22 PM
they played horribly on purpose it seems...

oridostyle
05-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Suns outplayed Lakers too much firepower Lakers cant hang.

az_240
05-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Suns Dominate! Hellll Yeah

Barbosa=:rawk:

viscid240
05-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Suns Dominate! Hellll Yeah

Barbosa=:rawk:

Oh yeah.....Looks like a L.A. stop and drop em' deal...Heh.

anthony240
05-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Suns advance, sweet, totally missed the game. the way the Lakers were playing the series I didn't expect a game 7 blowout! Hopefully this trend of bench players with double figures and defense holding teams under 100, there's a chance the Suns will reach the Conference Finals.

Sucks for the Lakers, LA vs LA woulda been sick, but not meant to be. Big props definitely for a great series! Still a young team and Kobe needs to step up as a leader, this is the perfect chance with him having the most experience in his team.

oridostyle
05-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Suns advance, sweet, totally missed the game. the way the Lakers were playing the series I didn't expect a game 7 blowout! Hopefully this trend of bench players with double figures and defense holding teams under 100, there's a chance the Suns will reach the Conference Finals.

Sucks for the Lakers, LA vs LA woulda been sick, but not meant to be. Big props definitely for a great series! Still a young team and Kobe needs to step up as a leader, this is the perfect chance with him having the most experience in his team.

yea you missed the 1point performance in the second half by Kobe.

punkz
05-07-2006, 12:36 AM
LA vs LA woulda been sick.

That's about the only reason I would cheer for the lakers to win.

Oh well, go Mavs!!

revat619
05-07-2006, 12:57 AM

That dumbass comment always amuses me.

"He's too cocky."

How is he cocky? Because he score on ANYBODY in the league WHENEVER he wants, that makes him cocky? Yeah....whatever...

Regardless, you Kobe shit talkers are all the same. Its the same poorly backed arguments over and over again. STFU all ready.

Anyway, sucks for the Lakers. They shouldnt have lost game 6. After that game, I knew they were gonna lose tonight. They're my team (have been since i could pick up a basketball), but a lot of changes need to be made. I wont get into that. Thats another thread for another day.

The semi finals are gonna be awesome though!

oridostyle
05-07-2006, 01:05 AM
WHENEVER he wants huh? yea like 1point in the second half of the game STFU.

revat619
05-07-2006, 01:15 AM
To me it seemed like he stopped trying to score. Werent you watching the game? It was NOT to the credit of any defender that he didnt get his points. So again STFU.

I'm not gonna argue with you and get this thread off topic though. Why? Because you're 10 times the tard that the last guy that argued with me was. The last several posts you've made have been nothing but idiotic jibberish. So i REITERATE, STFU.

SimpleSexy180
05-07-2006, 01:57 AM

lol...thats exactly why i said they played like that on purpose. Im thinking kobe wanted to give the team a taste of playoff experience and come with it next year. Or maybe i dont know what im talking about :fawkd:

BOROSUN
05-07-2006, 02:15 AM
To me it seemed like he stopped trying to score.

= bad player. a great player will never stop or give up. seemd like he gave up on the team as well. nash will never do that, tony parker will never do that, lebron james will never do that, chancey billups will never ever do that, most great player will never do that. what he did was very childish. i feel kinda bad for the laker team.

sore loser...

TurDz
05-07-2006, 02:16 AM
Kobe only took 3 shot attempts, right? It werided me out when I heard that...still don't know the full story. It was a total surprise and very unlike him.

People call him selfish, but I don't want to conclude that just yet. In the back of my head, if he really wanted the win, he would have attempted 20 shots in the 2nd half.

m072514
05-07-2006, 02:32 AM
kobe cant win it all by himself and he knows it, the younger, inexperienced guys on the team will eventually have to step up for the lakers to go anywhere. maybe next year? im pretty blown that they lost. hopefully the clippers take it to the suns. great series though...

revat619
05-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Kobe only took 3 shot attempts, right? It werided me out when I heard that...still don't know the full story. It was a total surprise and very unlike him.

People call him selfish, but I don't want to conclude that just yet. In the back of my head, if he really wanted the win, he would have attempted 20 shots in the 2nd half.

Yeah he could have, but then the same people bashing him for not shooting would have called him selfish still if he shot 20 shots and they lost. With haters, Kobe is in a lose lose situation.

But yeah, i totally agree with you TurDz. Something was definitely not right tonight. It totally weirded me out too. Hopefully we'll find out what was up in the next couple days

EDIT: I just got a neg rep from some ass clown with the message "Kobe sucks...".

HAHAHAHAHAHA! You're worse than the haters! ATLEAST they recognize that the man can play. You, my friend, are just a down right tool. Its hilariously sad. :rofl:

ALTRNTV
05-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Suns and Clippers will be fun to watch. Lakers LOSERS HAHAHAHAH. AkademikONE your wrong on everything about the Lakers and loser Kobe hahahhaha.

Wrong about everything? They are called PREDICTIONS.

pre·dic·tion
Something foretold or predicted; a prophecy

Wrong about my predictions? Yes
Wrong about Kobe? Try again

Cry baby.
http://www.bballx.com/nba/kobe_bryant_nba3.jpg
:fawkd:

He didn't have to shook hands. He should have just shaken their hand. :keke:
Where do you see that anymore in the NBA, or any league for that matter?

yea totally no sportsmanship at all for loser Kobe.

If you call being a loser having 3 rings, then yea, he's the worst of them.

http://www.luxurycrystal.com/product_images/lakers-2001-champ-ring.jpg

Let me see, the Suns are up by over 20 + points but keep many of their starters on the floor playing hard to push the lead. That's hardly sporting.
And last I checked Kobe's got three rings... that loser. Anyways, good luck on the next series.

Word.

He has EVERY right to be. Let's just look at his resume.

Just this year:
-Ranks #1 in the NBA in Points Per Game(35.4)
-Ranks #15 in the NBA in Free-Throw Percentage(0.85)
-Ranks #9 in the NBA in Steals Per Game(1.84)
-Ranks #5 in the NBA in Minutes Per Game(41.0)
-Ranks #5 in the NBA in Minutes Played(3277.0)
-Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field Goals Made(978.0)
-Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field Goal Attempts(2173.0)
-Ranks #8 in the NBA in Three-Point Field Goals Made(180.0)
-Ranks #3 in the NBA in Three-Point Field Goal Attempts(518.0)
-Ranks #1 in the NBA in Free Throws(696.0)
-Ranks #2 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts(819.0)
-Ranks #6 in the NBA in Steals(147.00
-Ranks #1 in the NBA in Points(2832.0)
-Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(14.33)
-Ranks #3 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes(10.19)
-Ranks #5 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts Per 48 Minutes(12.0)
-Ranks #1 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes(41.5)
-Ranks #5 in the NBA in Total Efficiency Points(2226.0)
-Ranks #5 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(27.83)
-Ranks #8 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes(32.61)
-1 81-point game
-1 63-point game

Past years:
-3 Championship rings
-Became the youngest All-Star in NBA history, posting a team-high 18 points and 6 rebounds, in the 1998 NBA All-Star Game in New York
-Named to the 1998-99 All-NBA Third Team after leading the Lakers in steals (1.44 spg) and ranking 2nd on the team in scoring (19.9 ppg, 15th in the NBA) and free-throw percentage (.839, 20th)
-Selected to the 1999-2000 NBA All-Defensive First Team and named to the 1999-2000 NBA All-Interview Second Team
-Was named MVP of the 2002 All-Star Game after tallying 31 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists
-Selected to the 2002-03 All-Defensive First Team
-Selected to the 2002-03 All-NBA First Team after averaging 30.0 ppg (second in NBA), 6.9 rpg, 5.9 apg
-Selected to the 2003-04 All-NBA First Team after averaging 24.0 ppg
-Selected to the 2003-04 All-Defensive First Team

Hmm.. I think that's a pretty good resume don't you think? Hate him or love him, he has every right to have that "cocky" attitude you talk about.

they played horribly on purpose it seems...

That's what I'm saying. Kobe looked off. He had 1 point in the 2nd half. That is NOT Kobe's game. Oh well.

Regardless, you Kobe shit talkers are all the same. Its the same poorly backed arguments over and over again. STFU all ready.

I agree 100% Jay. They post lame stuff but can't back it up. This isn't the playground folks. That's little kids stuff. "You're ugly" "Yo momma so fat..." "He sucks!"

2 words. GROW UP, or at least back it up.

How funny you say that when I know for a damn fact you know he can score whenever he wants. You lameass. revat619 said "whenever" he wanted to. Didn't look like he wanted to score huh? So "whenever" doesn't come to play in this situation. If you don't comprehend what I just said, I'm not surprised at all, due to the fact that your brain is overloaded already with the all the big words you see me writing.

Anyone else want to step up? I think I speak for PHLIP and revat619 when I say that all the Kobe/Laker trashtalkers here just got

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4213/kobedunksontimmy.jpg

oridostyle
05-07-2006, 08:22 AM
wow Kobe is so great blah blah blah who cares they blew the 3-1 lead and lost the series. I was hoping to see LAL VS LAC, but i dont want to see another shitty 1point performance by Kobe.

BTW you can add to that resume the Lakers the 8th team in NBA history that lost the 3-1 lead, and it doesnt happen very often.

ManoNegra
05-07-2006, 11:33 AM
BTW you can add to that resume the Lakers the 8th team in NBA history that lost the 3-1 lead, and it doesnt happen very often.

And on the same vein, the 7th ranked team shouldn't be able to push the 2nd ranked team to a 3-1. Specially when the 'better' team pretty much owned the regular season series.
We had our chance and blew it. They youngsters got a bad case of stage fright. Wonder how much of an impact the Kwame rape allegations had, they never seemed the same after.
As far as Kobe having a subpar game, I think that knowing the game was lost he and Phil decided to let the youngsters struggle with the game themselves in order to gain a valuable lesson. They need to rely/believe in themselves and not expect to be saved by Kobe everytime they get in a tight spot. Phil was playing the game with next season in mind. That's the Laker fan wishful thinking in me... my 2 cents.

oridostyle
05-07-2006, 11:47 AM
The game wasnt lost Kobe still have the second half to at least try and come back with a win as he did so many times. Kobe was the leader on that team and he pretty much give up with a poor performance.

a94cardude
05-07-2006, 12:08 PM
very well said by mano...just sad to see that they blew a 3-1 lead which doesnt happen often and that the other team wins it...

oridostyle
05-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Steve Nash wins back to back MVP awards :bigok:

Suns VS Clippers will be alot of fun to watch.

anthony240
05-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Nash is MVP 2 years in a row!

I honestly didn't expect it. His impact on his team was so great it rolled over from last year. He led his team to their second consecutive playoff appearance after YEARS of absence, and having another great season with 2nd best winning record in the Conference.

And that's without Stoudemire. I think this shows how great a coach D'Antoni really is. He was able to adapt his team to the situation and create a winning system. Go Suns!

FRpilot
05-07-2006, 01:59 PM
i had kobe in my fantasy league and helped me win my league! we should have a zilvia fantasy league for those hardcore enough about basketball to join. also, where do the lakers go from here? i didnt expect the lakers would win the series if they lost game 6.. which they did ( but almost won ).. i hope the suns lose to the clips.. i hate teams that play no defense.. spurs and clips in the finals!

ALTRNTV
05-07-2006, 04:22 PM
And on the same vein, the 7th ranked team shouldn't be able to push the 2nd ranked team to a 3-1. Specially when the 'better' team pretty much owned the regular season series.

Exactly what I was saying.

As far as Kobe having a subpar game, I think that knowing the game was lost he and Phil decided to let the youngsters struggle with the game themselves in order to gain a valuable lesson. They need to rely/believe in themselves and not expect to be saved by Kobe everytime they get in a tight spot. Phil was playing the game with next season in mind. That's the Laker fan wishful thinking in me... my 2 cents.

I also thought that. Phil Jackson is a very methodical coach. He just doesn't prepare for the next game, he prepares them well beyond the next game, also.

Hhmm.. so what happened to all the Kobe bashing? I would LOVE to hear them again, after my previous post.

BOROSUN
05-07-2006, 04:43 PM
what no nba MVP?

thats 3 championship under shaq. it was shaq's team not kobe. its shaq's world, shaqtastic.
shaq
shaq
shaq
shaq
shaq
cmon man, lovable shaq doesnt even like kobe. even his home town philly booed at him. i know your a kobe fan but he's not the greatest nor best. but earl manigault is, also AI.

also phil jakson should quit. kobe aint no jordan, phil! just quit! you'll never be as rich as ophra.

shaq
www.shaq.com
welcome to shaq r us.
its time for a shaq down!
what time is it? its shaq time.
up there! in the sky... its a bird! its a plane. its super shaq.
shaq yo mama gonna knock you out.
you got the eye of the shaq.
merry christmas shaq.
radio shaq

ALTRNTV
05-07-2006, 04:54 PM
i know your a kobe fan but he's not the greatest nor best. but earl manigault is, also AI.

Not the best? You really have been hiding under a rock.

Iverson is better than Kobe?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHA

and....

HA!

http://www.oscland.com/lol/lollerskates.gif

:keke: :keke: :keke: :keke: :keke: :keke: :keke: :keke: :keke: :keke: :keke: :keke: :keke:

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Give me some of that weed you're smoking, that's some good shit.

thats 3 championship under shaq. it was shaq's team not kobe. its shaq's world, shaqtastic.

Without Kobe, Shaq would be ringless right now. Shaq is well past his prime and highly doubt he will win another ring. Kobe on the other hand, hasn't reached his prime yet, it seems he's only going to get better. He has plenty of time to win one or more rings, which I'm sure he will.

Ricks15
05-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Hands down to kobe he is my favortie player ever since jordan, Shit talkers say all you want but he is still a great player.

oridostyle
05-07-2006, 05:58 PM
whos Kobe? is he in still in the playoffs????? oh yea Suns whopped #8 :bigok:

Steve Nash back to back MVP.

ALTRNTV
05-07-2006, 06:12 PM
whos Kobe?

He's this guy:

http://www.american-partisan.com/images/celebs/kobe_update.jpg

http://www.myclassiclyrics.com/artist_biographies/Kobe_Bryant_Biography.jpg

http://www2.jsonline.com/sports/buck/image/2000/finals/kobe2.jpg

http://www.cuckooznest.com/lakers/kobe_trophy_2002.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/michaeljordangallery25/photo25/03SlamAtibaJeffersonPortraitKobeRetroTrophy.jpg

http://www2.jsonline.com/sports/buck/image/2002/bryant210.jpg

oridostyle
05-07-2006, 06:21 PM
i thought this thread is about NBA Playoffs, not about 1point performance in the second half by Kobe. Since Kobe is out of the playoffs can we talk about teams in the playoffs?

Steve Nash back to back MVP.

ALTRNTV
05-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Couldn't come up with more stuff eh? Talk more smack, c'mon. I enjoy shutting you guys up.

Actually, it's my thread, so I can talk about whatever the fuck I want. Capiche?

Spurs vs Dallas (Spurs in 6)
Suns vs Clippers (Clippers in 7)
Pistons vs Cavaliers (Pistons in 6)
Heat vs Nets (Heat in 6)

oridostyle
05-07-2006, 06:32 PM
i got more stuff, not worth talking when someone had a 1point performance against a poor defensive team :keke:

FRpilot
05-07-2006, 06:33 PM
even his home town philly booed at him.

that's because kobe killed the 76ers in the finals several years back..

ALTRNTV
05-07-2006, 06:38 PM
You have more stuff? :keke:

I have alot more ammunition also, but not worth talking when someone has half a brain and can't come up with more valid arguments on why Kobe sucks.

Also, he shot like what, 4 or 5 times in the seconds half? I doubt that is due to the Suns defense. He could have gotten any shot he wanted, but wanted to get his teammates involved.

More predictions (lol):
Spurs vs Dallas (Spurs in 6)
Suns vs Clippers (Clippers in 7)
Pistons vs Cavaliers (Pistons in 6)
Heat vs Nets (Miami in 6)

Spurs vs Clippers (Spurs in 5)
Pistons vs Heat (Pistons in 6)

Pistons vs Spurs (Pistons in 6)

oridostyle
05-07-2006, 06:44 PM
he was 0-3 and yea what a way to get his teammates involved lost by 31.

ALTRNTV
05-07-2006, 06:47 PM
he was 0-3 and yea what a way to get his teammates involved lost by 31.

He did get them involved. They just didn't hit their shots. I'm done arguing (I don't know if you can call it arguing, since I'm the only one with valid points) with you. Have a nice day.

/off-topic

ThatGuy
05-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Everybody just STFU already. I don't care if you want to discuss the games but keep it civil. No more name calling, and Orido, stop reporting this stupid assed thread everytime someone dissagrees with you. I'm tired of seeing your name in my inbox. If everyone can't keep this discussion civil, then I'm locking it and pinking the offending members.

oridostyle
05-07-2006, 07:00 PM
i am trying to keep it civil and all i got was random people reporting my post saying i suck.

ThatGuy
05-07-2006, 07:02 PM
They aren't reporting your post. They are awarding you Reputation ponits. Please learn how to use Zilvia.net.

ALTRNTV
05-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Pistons beat the Cavs in Game 1 113-86
The Cavs are playing with the big boys now.

Spurs and Mavs was a thriller with the Spurs winning 87-85.

oridostyle
05-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Ben Wallace won the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year award for the fourth time in five years very impressive.

mjjstang
05-07-2006, 09:08 PM
when will the Pistons start to get some respect. god they beat the cavs by almost 30 and im sure they had most of there bench in for a while, didnt get to catch most of the game due to ghey work.

ALTRNTV
05-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Pistons have my respect, that's why I picked them to win it all this year. I'm still a bit sore about them beating the Lakers 3 years back, haha.

FRpilot
05-07-2006, 09:32 PM
im with the spurs for the win.. although i respect the pistons and think they may actually win i just dont want them too.. hahaha..

ALTRNTV
05-07-2006, 09:36 PM
^
Haha

It's pretty much a given that it will be the Spurs and Pistons in the finals, unless something monumental happens to one or the other.

chlatboy
05-07-2006, 11:36 PM
I hope the Spurs take it this year.

Sux that i didnt get to watch the whole game.

Had work serving ppl which isnt very fun. Its cool tho since the ppl I was serving had a portable TV i would just go pour some water for them and watch! :bigok:

That was one party where i watched the first half. missed 3rd quarter.

Served a wedding during 4th. Bride and Groom were not happy when i gave them the scores with 10 minutes left!

:love:

P.S. Akademiks makes valid points. All you Kobe Haters dont know shit!

FRpilot
05-07-2006, 11:53 PM
although i still acknowledge kobe as the best shooting guard in the nba and possibly the best player in the sport... i think what he did in game 7 was selfish.. he kept trying to distribute the ball and tanked the game even though they were probably going to lose so that he could make a point that his team mates are not as good as him and he needs more help... he should have tried to take the game over.. jordan would have gone down fighting.. jordan would have personally taken smush parker out of the game and yelled at his team mates or tried to get them something.. instead, kobe just faded in the second half and left his team mates out high and dry to die..

chlatboy
05-08-2006, 12:09 AM
although i still acknowledge kobe as the best shooting guard in the nba and possibly the best player in the sport... i think what he did in game 7 was selfish.. he kept trying to distribute the ball and tanked the game even though they were probably going to lose so that he could make a point that his team mates are not as good as him and he needs more help... he should have tried to take the game over.. jordan would have gone down fighting.. jordan would have personally taken smush parker out of the game and yelled at his team mates or tried to get them something.. instead, kobe just faded in the second half and left his team mates out high and dry to die..

A perfect example of how the Lakers idea of team is. Kobe let the other players see how well they do if he were to step back. Pretty big slap in the face is you ask me. Kobe doesnt want to carry the whole team on his back. When he stepped down it let the rookies know that if Kobe was not there, Lakers would not be in playoff.

Now the rookies have two choices, step up and play smart. Or get off the court and sit down. Kobe doenst want to carry his team and we all saw that in the 4th quarter. Im happy the Lakers made it this far from how they were playing during the season. And who is responsible for that? KOBE. Odom needs to step up as well as Kwame (if he is still gonna play for them). Lakers need to drop Walton, and mold Smush into a better player. If Lakers can do this, they will hold their own next season.

ALTRNTV
05-08-2006, 04:09 AM
In my opinion on why Kobe was like that... Phil Jackson. I said before Phil is a very methodical coach. He thinks of things and prepares his players well beyond just the next game. I'm pretty sure Phil told him not to shoot. I know for a damn fact, Kobe would have gone down fighting. He loves basketball too much to just "concede." He starts his workouts at 5am everyday. That's some kind of commitment and love for the game. The scary thing, after every season, he works even harder in the offseason, and just gets better...

Stay tuned for the next season.

Helghast
05-08-2006, 04:59 AM
Kobe is a great player, can't deny that.
But with his performance on game 7 was totally unsportsman-like. (for a lack of a better term.

Why?

To me, it felt like he threw the game just to PROVE that the Lakers is nothing WITHOUT him. guess what . . . Yea.

as far as the playoffs go, Clippers till western conference against spurs, then spurs for the taking, against the Heat.

TOMKAIRA93
05-08-2006, 05:40 AM
I think you have a good point helghast...Spurs vs. Heat. Of course Spurs will win it. As far as Kobe, I won't say much. I think there's enough on this thread to make any Kobe fan cry. Not to insult anyone, but it's true. I've been watching NBA since the 80's and like everyone else has said, good players go down fighting. No matter what!!!!! He damn knows he is the best player in his team and that they depend on him no matter what. Anyhow, I rejoiced today when I watched the desperate Mavs try to win against a Spurs team that didn't play all that well...spurs won because of Duncan's monster game (in comparison with the past 6 games), so I can't imagine what the Mavs will go through when the spurs start rolling in all 12 cylinders. Mavs are in for a rude awakening and another early exit in this year playoffs.

I hope the rules change for next year for playoffs seeds. they should seed the teams according to their records and not 1, 2, 3 just because you won your division. Take for example the Nuggets, they were the #3 seed, yet, the clips had a better record. We'll see what happens.

Peace!

Gnnr
05-08-2006, 11:11 AM
http://www.dwyane-wade.com/players/dwade/photos/large/photo12.jpg

Looking forward to a good game today. :D

ManoNegra
05-08-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm was crying because the Lakers lost. No, let me be clear, not because they lost but because of the way they lost. Didn't show any heart and looked like deers caught in the headlights.
As far Kobe, well damned if you do and damned if you don't. If he would have gone for 50 we would have still lost by 10-15 points instead of 30. Would that have made fans feel better.... perhaps. The critics would still be harsh - just worded differently. The real problem would have been that many of the Laker's players would have been ok with it. This way, they can't go into the off season without taking a hard and honest look at themselves. I think that this is more benefitial to the team in the long run then advancing to the next round right now. Although that would have been nice. We weren't going to win a title this year anyways and we're still a couple of years ahead of expectations. So I'm ok with that.

Pistons don't get respect??? Really. Everytime I turn the TV they're being praised for their defense, tough mentality, team unity, coaching, etc. And well deservedly so I might add. I hope the Cavs can turn into a series.

I like San Antonio in the Spurs vs Mavs series. I don't see the Mavs as being 'desperate' though. They lost by one point with their best players having a tough game. That's not bad considering they're playing as full a strength Spurs team as we've seen all season long in their house. Should be a good series. Spurs in 7.

chlatboy - even though I disagree with many of the things you've said prior, you last post had good points and analysis beyond the "Kobe sucks, Lakers are losers" posts previously seen. I like like disagreeing openions being substantiated, I can respect that. I repped you.

Phoenix vs Clippers.. I dunno about this one. Brand can punish the Cavs inside... they have a good balance of youth and experience. It will come down to controlling the pace and preventing the Suns from going to the track -- were have I heard that before? Phoenix in 7..??

chlatboy
05-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Spurs VS Heat. Blah

The game i wanna see is Spurs Vs Pistons.

Either way....SPURS FTW!!!!

woodchuck
05-08-2006, 12:02 PM

don't forget: Suns didn't have a full squad because of injuries (Kurt Tomas and Amarie Stoudamire)
now lets drop that series finally

After watching the Mavs and Spurs - i think if the mavs make duncan run up and down he'd be ineffective because of that foot problem.

Spurs vs Mavs = Western Conference Finals

ALTRNTV
05-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Brand can punish the Cavs inside... they have a good balance of youth and experience.

You mean the Suns, not Cavs. :bigok:

As for the Kobe comments, I'll hold my tongue. Well, except to quote "someone."

In my opinion on why Kobe was like that... Phil Jackson. I said before Phil is a very methodical coach. He thinks of things and prepares his players well beyond just the next game. I'm pretty sure Phil told him not to shoot. I know for a damn fact, Kobe would have gone down fighting. He loves basketball too much to just "concede." He starts his workouts at 5am everyday. That's some kind of commitment and love for the game. The scary thing, after every season, he works even harder in the offseason, and just gets better...

:fawkd:

ManoNegra
05-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Lol, brain fart... that's what happens when I sneak posts while at work.

FRpilot
05-08-2006, 06:25 PM
dwayne wade!! dwayne wade!!! ooo he makes pretty plays!

ALTRNTV
05-08-2006, 06:56 PM
The Nets are looking good tonight.

ManoNegra
05-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Damn, Nets destroyed Miami. Come on Pat, you're better than that.
Just got home and Clippers leading by a handful at the half. This is getting very interesting.

TOMKAIRA93
05-08-2006, 10:16 PM
I take the clips over the Suns in 6. Sam I am knows best! :-)

ALTRNTV
05-15-2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/050824/kevin_garnett_-_lakers.jpg

Odom, George, and Bynum for Garnett? Hmmm....

Back on-topic, this year's playoffs are really exciting.

ManoNegra
05-15-2006, 04:26 PM
^ That would be a dream come through. Who knew the Cavs had it in them to beat the Pistons. I know it's only one game but still... Clippers are looking nice if they can sustain the defensive concentration. I knew the Spurs vs Mavs would be one of the best series of the second round.
West definetilly has the most entertaining match ups... but the East got the Pistons.

ALTRNTV
05-15-2006, 05:28 PM
^ That would be a dream come through.

Actually, it may come true. My cousin's basketball coach is good friends with an upscale LA realtor. He said Garnett's family is looking for a house here.

It would all make sense. Garnett has always expressed interest in playing alongside Kobe, and hey, it's Hollywood. All speculation though.

m072514
05-15-2006, 09:52 PM
holy shit! i would seriously KILL to see KG play for the lake show. i would. who can i kill to make this deal go through?

in all seriousness, i dont think it will happen. i want it to, and KG and kobe have a great relationship and could bring LA(L) back... but theres no way they'd let him go.

i hope i'm wrong.

punkz
05-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Damn, this Mavs vs. Spurs game has got to be one of the best I've seen in a long time. GO MAVS! :D

FRpilot
05-16-2006, 12:52 AM
i just watched the spurs vs mavs game and im devastated at the loss.. i hate the mavs. now i hope either the clippers beat them or pistons in the championship.. i cant stand mark cuban and his antics if the mavs win it all..

Gnnr
05-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Yeah baby, Heat lead 3-1! Still gotta face the Pistons though. I doubt they'd let KG go, btw.

Ricks15
05-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Holly shit just imagine KG with the Lakers the damage the lakes will cause will be crazy.

NIK90s13
05-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Well I Will Have To Say I'm Sorry For Any Spurs Fans. It Will Be The Mavs In 5 And Then The Mavs In 6 Against The Clippers. I Dont Know Who Will Come Out Of The East But I Feel That Whoever Does Will Have A Great Series Against The Mavs For The Title.

Also Kg Becoming A Laker Would Be A Good Thing For La Since All They Really Have Now Is Kobe And A Few Descent Players.

ManoNegra
05-16-2006, 12:50 PM
^ Is there something wrong with your keyboard?
KG has expressed his desire to be traded many times and somehow always manages to stay in Minnesota out of loyalty. The Lakers have expressed an interest in him and have been making cap room for a while now. They were aiming at Yao and another big name (forget who) but they ended up extending their contracts with their respective teams. So who knows?
If they could retain Odom and develop Brown into a legitimate center along with bringing in KG then that sky is the limit.

NIK90s13
05-16-2006, 02:10 PM
i think bringing in KG would be a good move for the lakers. i am not a huge fan of Brown. i do like Odom alot though. also there is a supporting cast around Kobe that could be a real threat in a few years if they all stick around. that's just my opinion

NIK90s13
05-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Sorry for the double post, my bad.

ALTRNTV
05-16-2006, 02:42 PM
If KG goes to the Lakers, then they will be serious contenders in the next 2-3 years.

I'm so glad the Spurs are on the brink of elimination.

NIK90s13
05-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Yes and by this weekend they will be gone

SleepyHeadKrew
05-16-2006, 07:04 PM
im gonna say clippers over suns tonight
lets see how it goes
:bite:

SiI40sx
05-16-2006, 10:55 PM
oh suns steal the ball! wait no clippers steal it back! clippers to try to make it! rebound! rebound! trying to get it in! no back to the suns..... haha that was a nice little intense moment on the 4th quarter

Gnnr
05-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Fck outta Here!
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/gambit25/outtahere.jpg
:D

Bring on the Pistons...no wait, the Cavs. :D

ALTRNTV
05-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Game 5 of the Clippers and Suns is exciting.

TurDz
05-16-2006, 11:45 PM
asodijhdfslkhsdk gfjh a;shgdk;asdhgfk;sahdgksh;srgk;htf;!!!

RAJA BELL FOR 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missed Pass...Marion for the Win?.....................awwwww...

NikeTalk had 18 posts about the game in 2 minutes....LOL

anthony240
05-16-2006, 11:48 PM
still fuckin playing! crrrazzyy good game!

SiI40sx
05-17-2006, 12:15 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPdjksa[9fi09w4u89r8h3 489rhiqushdaoisdlkajsnicxb7o837rhp39428hripowehfuo idsbnovbo984 clippers had so many chances to win!!!!!! so did the suns BUT STILLL!!!! sigh.....

Gnnr
05-17-2006, 12:24 AM
WTF? Its 2am over here and the game just finished!? I'm watching the commentary on TNT right now....

chlatboy
05-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Damn Spurs are having a hard time with the Mavs. Detriot will take out the mavs if they make it to finals. ALthough i want the Spurs to take it all the way.

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/images/tony%20parker%20gq.jpg

m072514
05-17-2006, 01:16 AM
raja bell is a little bitch... a little bitch who is madd accurate with the 3's. fuck!

good ass game though... solid effort by both teams, and some stupid mistakes, too!

SleepyHeadKrew
05-17-2006, 01:30 AM
game 6 is in LA. :aw:

anthony240
05-17-2006, 11:06 AM
suns vs clips game 5, altogether the best and worst game i've seen so far. but what are the playoffs without a little drama? Suns are about to give me a heart attack! I'm amazed they're still kicking, after the Lakers series, now this!? Game 6 is gonna be a KNEESLAPPER!

TurDz
05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Nash made a couple key turnovers, but their team effort earned them the win.

I almost cried when Marion tweaked his ankle. That was scary as hell.

ManoNegra
05-17-2006, 12:44 PM
suns vs clips game 5, altogether the best and worst game i've seen so far.

+1. The drama was great but damn, too many errors from both teams. Can't do that and hope to win a title. Next game should be fun.

anthony240
05-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Cavs win?!? wtf are the pistons doing! they don't look like the Pistons at all. Sheed just HAD to talk all that shit, doensn't he watch 'Earl'? Karma is a biatch!

TurDz
05-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Kenny Smith brought up a good point that the Pistons are trying to win with their offense, rather than relying on their defense/rebounds to create.

Would Larry Brown have allowed this? haha...maybe not. He'd be yelling down their throats about their defense.

ALTRNTV
05-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Sheed just HAD to talk all that shit, doensn't he watch 'Earl'? Karma is a biatch!

Haha, c'mon now, thats Rasheed Wallace...

Spurs and Pistons on the brink of elimination, who would have thought?

bboyt3nsk
05-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Lets go cavs! lets go cavs!
Crazy, that was too close! cavs almost self destructed! CAVS up 3-2. who wudda thought? me! lol
ok thats enough! this is turning out to be a great series!

Gnnr
05-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Pistons where probally thinking this series was in the bag, got a bit cocky, and are now trailing. The Cavs probally felt like they weren't even given a fair chance, everyone saying that they had no chance. They fed of that negative energy and turned it around.

I really liked Kobe in his commentary he did for TNT tonight. I think he should consider that as a career after he retires. I saw a humble professional kobe tonight. :D

nistech
05-19-2006, 06:29 AM
Jason Terry got suspended because the fucking Spurs went and cried about the punch to Stu Jackson

mjjstang
05-19-2006, 04:47 PM
OH Snap, and we beat them even though lebron is invinsible according to the refs, got my game 7 tickets in hand woot.

Detroiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiit THREEEEEEEEEball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: does anyone else see the space between the 7th to last I in "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" theres a space between one of them but not in the edit screen, MODS I WANT THIS FIXED ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree I do like kobe much better as a commentator, of course gotta let the bball career run its course first. and yes the pistons did get a little full of themselves, although it doesnt take much as they are a pretty humble team they dont jump on the tables and do the equivelant of a touchdown dance that lebron and all the other tools do. and yah it is nice to see that even the bench of the bench is seeing elimination game play, something larry brown wouldnt even think about if hell froze over. but hey who can say larry brown doesnt know what hes doin. anyway game 7 should be awsome, i dont care if it is 2nd round play. although if they do go, im worried about well rested miami.

oh and rasheed, you just gotta love him, I hope this tamed him down a bit this guy has true talent but just lets his mouth get the best of him sometimes, hopefully no more guaransheeds in the near future. I just love how cleavland boo's him, its where he gets his drive, although I admit they are gettin to his head come freethrow time.

punkz
05-19-2006, 10:46 PM
And today on As the NBA turns. .

The Mavs continue to choke!!

Gnnr
05-19-2006, 11:33 PM
something larry brown wouldnt even think about if hell froze over. but hey who can say larry brown doesnt know what hes doin.

Larry Brown is a DUMBASS. Under his coaching, the United States Men's Basketball DREAM TEAM (the mthrfcking Dream Team!) lost in the 2004 Summer Olympics for the first time ever since the USA used NBA players in the Olympics (bronze for the dream team is a loss). How do you fck that up? Thank you for ruining our perfect record. AND he has the second worst record in the NBA with the Knicks. Not to mention he publically insulted his players. Way to go coach....

FRpilot
05-20-2006, 01:13 AM
Jason Terry got suspended because the fucking Spurs went and cried about the punch to Stu Jackson

i saw the replay for the first time today during spurs/mav game 6.. and terry did look like he punched finley to me.. the mavs say terry was trying to get finley off of him.. but wouldnt your hands be open and be "pushing" him off you.. it looked like terry clenched his fist and used force to hit finley..

plus, mark cuban is one of the biggest crybabys i know.. whenever the mavs loses he blames refs.. or criticizes every little thing.. thats why cuban gets all these fines..
its one of the reasons i hate the mavs.. it would make my day if the spurs, clippers, or detriot/miami beat the mavs so i can see cuban go nuts.. hahaha

94cc0rd
05-20-2006, 01:34 AM
i hate cuban.. you're right ^^ he crys about everything and blames the ref... then the NBA throws half a million dollar fines at him and he pays them off like chump change...