PDA

View Full Version : silent hill....

CaoBoY
04-22-2006, 02:00 AM
ok so did any one else watch this? :ugh:
i dont know what the FUCK went on in that movie. but it was creepy, so i guess it was alright. story kinda went all over the place, and someone who played the game, and has watched this, tell us what the FUCK was going on!? hahah
anyways, its like a C grade movie. i would go watch it if it was a matinee (sp?), but not pay full price for tickets at night. :ugh:

revat619
04-22-2006, 02:29 AM
I havent seen the movie, but i've played the games. Well, my friends and i used to play them together and i was always the one who solved the riddles and codes and crap. I dont own the games myself.

Anyway, to make a long story short, its basically about a cult thats screwing with like demonic stuff from another dimension and is slowly bringing it into "our" dimension. They use children as sacrifices and some other twisted crap as a means to further their cause in permanentaly merging the demonic world and "ours". It starts with the cult in the city of silent hill in the first game and the cult spreads to other places and the switches between our world and the demonic become more and more frequent as the series progresses.

I have no desire to see the movie at all.

xka24detx
04-22-2006, 02:41 AM
saw it tonight.. ending is trippy i dont get it, so they are in alternate worlds forever?

CaoBoY
04-22-2006, 02:59 AM
oh, i thought they died....iono. whatever. haha

xka24detx
04-22-2006, 03:06 AM
they are alive, but my friend its like they are now part of the darkness i guess? since in end when they were closing their eyes, the girl was right in their face, i guess she took them into the darkness or something, like notice at end when they entered house it was raining, but in the husband's world it was sunny? but yet there presence still made an effect of the husbands world.. i dont know.. still dont get it haha

revat619
04-22-2006, 03:10 AM
this is exactly why i dont care about seeing the movie AT ALL.

the games are retarded enough. hahaha

SimpleSexy180
04-22-2006, 04:32 AM
the movie was better than most bs scary movies, since.........i cant even rememeber the last time a good scary movie was out.

OMGWTFBBQ
04-22-2006, 05:15 AM
that movie looks creeepy as fuck

fliprayzin240sx
04-22-2006, 05:20 AM
Iono I played the first 2 silent hill games then i lost interest...*aka I got too freaked out after the 2nd game*

jessfx
04-22-2006, 05:38 AM
i couldn't finish the first one. now that im older i should, har har.

still waiting to see the movie and all the graphic shit they put in there. pyramid head. why's he in there? O_o

SimpleS14
04-22-2006, 08:23 AM
I was about to make a thread on this too. But yea...I don't get the ending at all...i think they woman and the girl are both dead and stuck in that other world. There's some other things that didn't make sense...like who the hell was that guy with the huge Soul Caliber sword? He was pretty badass...but I don't get who he was...maybe the father?

If you want to see a trippy movie...buy Hostel on DVD LOL

DRavenS13
04-22-2006, 10:57 AM
If you want to see a trippy movie...buy Hostel on DVD LOL

Hostel left me psychologically unwell for a week... That was too disturbing for words...

I'm gonna go watch Silent Hill tonight, I used to play the games and scare myself silly, so I'll know if it's good or not.

unwed_transient
04-22-2006, 01:26 PM
the movie wasn't even that scary. the games were soooo much scarier. the good part about it was that the audio cut out for about 2 minutes half way through. free tickets ftw.

i only went to see it for pyramid head...he was sick.

SimpleSexy180
04-22-2006, 03:11 PM
like who the hell was that guy with the huge Soul Caliber sword?

more like cloud strifes buster sword.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cloud_Strife_art.jpg

HKsilvia
04-22-2006, 06:38 PM
this is exactly why i dont care about seeing the movie AT ALL.

the games are retarded enough. hahaha

no way this game rocks!!!, i played all 4 and they all scary as hell, btw, im going to see it 2nite, Pyrimid head Rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mrmeph:

RiversideS13
04-22-2006, 07:01 PM
according to my gammer friend, the mom and the daughter got stuck in the girl's conscious (which is another dimension). This also implies they will make silent hill 2 to continue the story line. The father will go look for them.

SimpleS14
04-22-2006, 09:02 PM
according to my gammer friend, the mom and the daughter got stuck in the girl's conscious (which is another dimension). This also implies they will make silent hill 2 to continue the story line. The father will go look for them.

hmm.....someone did tell me that they left the ending too vague for a sequel.

CaoBoY
04-23-2006, 01:19 PM
nah, thats not gonna happen. i dont think this movie is going to make as much money as thought, as it's not as good as it was shown to be. it was creepy, but not scary. basically silent hill is hell, and thats all there is to it. just like the games where the people are drawn to silent hill for certain reasons, killing their wives etc.

speedstar01
04-23-2006, 06:13 PM
i thought the movie was decent :bigok: the special effects were creepy and i actually winced when pyramid head owned that red head :ugh: never seen that before, i still wonder about the ending.

oh and that nurse was disturbingly hot:aw: i cant wait for the next one!!

SimpleS14
04-23-2006, 06:17 PM
i thought the movie was decent :bigok: the special effects were creepy and i actually winced when pyramid head owned that red head :ugh: never seen that before, i still wonder about the ending.

oh and that nurse was disturbingly hot:aw: i cant wait for the next one!!

yea the red head getting owned was my favorite scene and I agree the nurse was hot...that is until her face got jacked...but the bod was hot haha

DRavenS13
04-23-2006, 10:07 PM
The movie was okay, it would have been better if I hadn't had these stupid azz teenagers behind us talking thru the whole damn thing... Oh and my friend poking me and grabbing my arm at every scary part so he could scare the ish out of me....

I guess it was okay, but I do agree on the ending being a lil vague.

CaoBoY
04-23-2006, 10:12 PM
i think he was talking about the evli nurses...heheh the ones with bags on their heads rofl

Advan
04-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Did anyone stay to see what happened after the credits roled?

Tenchuu
04-23-2006, 10:39 PM
i think he was talking about the evli nurses...heheh the ones with bags on their heads rofl

+1 for chicas with good bods and bags on thier heads.

but if somehting happened after the credits, feel free to inform.

breakindrifts
04-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Yeah what happened after the credits?

I spent a few hours thinking about it, and my interpretation is that because the mom and girl had the devil (little girl) inside them at one point or another they are in a sort-of undead spirit state like the other demons from the "darkness."
Movie is kind of a trip, but it was decent.

SNC240SX
04-23-2006, 11:44 PM
i thought that the movie was dope. And everytime the siren sounded and the darkness came i was preparing for the crazy shit. And about the end i just figured that they were in the ghost world so thats why the father couldnt see them.

fliprayzin240sx
04-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Eh wut the fook happend after the credit??? I left right when it ended. It was koo, it does look like theyre gonna try for a sequel cuz the ending was left wide open. Wut i dont get is, why did it seem like the ripper was trying to get to the lil girl? Isnt the lil girl supposed to be the burnt girl's "innocent" side? So if the ripper kills or destroys the nice essence then the girl is nothing but pure evil.

SimpleS14
04-24-2006, 06:26 AM
So if the ripper kills or destroys the nice essence then the girl is nothing but pure evil.

Isn't that what the ripper is striving for?

Advan
04-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Crap, so no one stayed behind. I too, ended up leaving during the credits. I didn't wanna leave, but my friend wanted to go. According to box office, Silent Hill made 20.2 million over the weekend, beating Scary Movie 4.

MaddHatter91
04-24-2006, 08:33 AM
it was ok. they showed most of the so called scary stuff on the commercials. i need to see it again to see if i missed anything. i kept having to answer questions from my wife so i missed parts of the movie.

Yuri
04-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Wickdmarz and I stayed for the credits. I'm sure everyone will be happy to know that absolutly nothing happened at the end of the credits.
I like the movie, super creepy, but the ending left me a bit cold.

Edgar
04-24-2006, 09:54 AM
I was going to watch it but all the last R movies ive watched have been retardted so I just passed on it and watched the Bench Warmers.

On a scale from 1 to 10 what do you give it?

theronin
04-24-2006, 01:24 PM
i liked it. the visuals were pretty awesome. i wish they would have had more scenes with the siren, because the first time u didnt know what to expect, but the second and third u started to dread and i think they could have gone with that some more. to me, when the darkness slowly descends onto u is horrifically terrifying. i have never played the games, but why didnt they explain wtf the Pyramid head guy was? i liked it, and will see the sequel.

wickdmarz
04-24-2006, 07:17 PM
I say if you haven't played the games its a good overall creepy movie, a part in the ending really slowed things down which bothered me.

I loved it since I dig those games, I only played 2 and 3 though...have to rent 1 now to compare with the movie. (Be ready Impactred you have to sit through it with me!!!)

I did love the way they filmed it some of the angles seem like they were pulled right out of the game and the puzzles she had to figure out was awesome too...unlike Resident Evil where it was mostly zombie killing and not much else.

And they were more like in another dimension than being ghosts I think. Like a differnt plane of existence thats why the father/husband could feel his wife because they were connected.

Well I'm going to see it again and hope for a sequel.

CaoBoY
04-24-2006, 11:21 PM
i'd rate it like a 6 or a 7. not great, but it was not a disappointment.
for an R rated movie, go watch 'Thank you for Smoking'. That was awesome! hahah

DoriftoPnoy
04-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Hahaha wow... that movie was so weird... The part that got me all worked up was when that big ass foo with the weird metal helmet just did this super titty twister on that one girl and ripperd her clothes off :tweak:

Yuri
04-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Does anyone know if that girl was the mechanic chick from Serenity/Firefly?
Also the leader of the cult looked like the Borg queen from Star Trek.
All I can say is that I can't wait for Agent 006 to kick some butt in the sequel, lol.

speedstar01
04-25-2006, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=impactred]Does anyone know if that girl was the mechanic chick from Serenity/Firefly?

i thought the same thing! but im pretty sure it wasnt the chick from Serenty (a good movie by the way) plus she was a lot hotter than the girl in Silent Hill:naughty: (if we are talking about the red head)

FaLKoN240
04-25-2006, 10:47 AM
I saw it last night. Pretty cool ending.

-usmd-180sx
04-25-2006, 01:01 PM
dude, the red headed girl didnt get her clothes ripped off. it was her skin wasnt it? Overall, disturbing movie, but nonetheless, better than resident evil/house of the dead.

CaoBoY
04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
clothes AND skin!

Yuri
04-25-2006, 02:59 PM
But not at the same time! lol

fliprayzin240sx
04-26-2006, 01:02 AM
so wait...nobody spilled it!!! wut happend after the credit????????????

Var
04-26-2006, 06:02 AM
i couldn't tell if it was a "good" movie cause it was so wierd. But all i know is i enjoyed myself and that's all that matters

SimpleS14
04-26-2006, 06:15 AM
so wait...nobody spilled it!!! wut happend after the credit????????????

Wickdmarz and I stayed for the credits. I'm sure everyone will be happy to know that absolutly nothing happened at the end of the credits.
I like the movie, super creepy, but the ending left me a bit cold.

Anywho....I think they are dead. If you think about it...if you show the biker cops wreck, her bike put a good dent in the guardrail and I'm pretty sure see flew over the rail. But this is all just a thought....I give the movie a '7' .

Ghettokracker71
04-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah I didnt stay after the credits !? I didn't think it was good anyway,me and my buddies were laughing the whole time like "wtf"

bigJ86
04-26-2006, 05:51 PM
the movie was coo not great, but coo... seen it the other night with my woman.... it was a lot better then most of the other cross over game to movies....

in the end i think they just never got out of that demision they were in........... it said in the movie the "demon" controled who comes in and out so when they left they never really left it. The "demon"(lil girl) just expanded the demision and kept them there...... thats why when they go to the house its all grey just like it was in silent hill...... and agian like early in the movie the dad could not see them nor could they see the dad

sykikchimp
04-27-2006, 04:21 PM
I give the movie a 7/10

some spoilers from here forward - fyi

This is my opinion..

The Woman, the cop, and the little girl all died in the crash running to SH.

All the cult members where also dead, but their "blind faith" kept them in this hellish limbo.

Basically, everyone that interacted with the Mother and cop after the crash were dead, but due to some torment or unfinished business, they were stuck in that city.

The little girl that was burned was kept in "limbo" b/c she wanted nothing more than revenge.

The adopted daughter was actually the grim reaper (the "I am known by many names" line does it for me)

The reaper needed someone that had no blind faith to infiltrate the cults defenses and break their faith so he could consume their souls. The little girl that was burned sold her soul to the reaper in order to get her revenge.

There wasn't enough story line about the pyramid head guy to know why he was their imo. He was a bad MFer though. Easily the scariest character in the movie.

The burned little girls father was the male police officer that was trying to help the adopted girls father. The burned little girls mother (crazy haired lady) was the one helping the adopted childs mother.

theronin
04-27-2006, 04:39 PM
SPOILERS

i dunno if anyone caught on, but the guy in barbwire in the bathroom was the guy who molested the daughter. amirite?

dannyboi
04-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks for putting SPOILERS in your posts.

Anyhoo, for those who never played the games, part 1 and 4 are the best (although part 2 had some scary scenes involving game show host voices and an elevator ride). Silent Hill 1 is a classic (but you may be turned off by the graphics since its PSone). Trust me, you'll get freaked out (example: demon children with knives in a dark abandoned school) As for pyramid head, i never really got his story (he was from part 2 and made a few cameos in later games) but I think he is some kind of "judgement" character and decides who lives and dies. Also, there are actually multiple pyramid heads.

From what i heard, this movie crossed characters from all 4 games (nurses, pyramid head, long legged things from part 3, and some wierd creatures with human faces from part 4) which i think is pretty stupid. :wackit:

FOR THOSE WHO DIDNT PLAY THE GAMES... DO IT NOW.

Yuri
04-27-2006, 05:16 PM
oh snap, creepy:
http://www.offroaders.com/album/centralia/centralia.htm
Does this sound familier?

and more:
http://www.offroaders.com/album/centralia/haunted.htm

bigJ86
04-27-2006, 05:17 PM
he Woman, the cop, and the little girl all died in the crash running to SH.

ummmmm....... i disagree with this only because the cops say they found the bike of the cop chick but did not find there bodies...... also says the demon lets certin people into its relm.... it chose to let in the lil girl and her mom for obivious resons..... the cult was there because the demon wanted revange on them for what they did to its other half(the burnt chick) ......

also wich game is this movie based on...... i'v played silent hill 2 and silent hill "the room".... is it the frist game???

dannyboi
04-27-2006, 05:59 PM
oh snap, creepy:

and more:

It says that Silent Hill was based on a ghost town in West Virginia... I thought the first game was based on a town in Illinois (I remember reading a strategy guide on Silent Hill and it said it was out side of Chicago or something). In fact, there were chicago newspaper clippings in game 1, but part 2 had cars with license plates from Michighan. Then in part 3, the lead character was from California. Maybe Silent Hill is everywhere...

also wich game is this movie based on...... i'v played silent hill 2 and silent hill "the room".... is it the frist game???

I think they drew in elements from all 4 games. The only cult I remember was from part 4, pyramid head was from part 2, a plot of a girl missing is from part 1, and the only female lead character was from part 3.

Ok, I am thinking way too much about Silent Hill.

sykikchimp
04-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Big - Thats good point.. I didn't catch that.

Advan
04-27-2006, 09:44 PM
It says that Silent Hill was based on a ghost town in West Virginia... I thought the first game was based on a town in Illinois (I remember reading a strategy guide on Silent Hill and it said it was out side of Chicago or something). In fact, there were chicago newspaper clippings in game 1, but part 2 had cars with license plates from Michighan. Then in part 3, the lead character was from California. Maybe Silent Hill is everywhere...

I think they drew in elements from all 4 games. The only cult I remember was from part 4, pyramid head was from part 2, a plot of a girl missing is from part 1, and the only female lead character was from part 3.

Ok, I am thinking way too much about Silent Hill.

Silent Hill was the first, while Silent Hill 3 was the sequel. Silent Hill 2 had no relation to the story of SH, and SH4 was going to be something different and not even be Silent Hill 4, but they slapped the name on it and added in references...thus, has no relation to the story.

SimpleS14
04-27-2006, 10:46 PM
oh snap, creepy:

and more:

creepy...but some of those photos look chopped.

floodshark
04-28-2006, 11:32 AM
It was decent, I probably would have enjoyed it more if the cop hadnt been such a terrible terrible actor. I dreaded any scene where she had spoken lines.

CaoBoY
04-28-2006, 12:19 PM
yeah she was a dyke. haha, she was retarded and couldnt act for anything. i guess they had to toss her in somehow, thats why she kept following them.

Edgar
04-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Ok so I watched it last night with the girls and loved it.

reefer1114
04-28-2006, 11:04 PM
i give it an 8. i thought that it was the best videogame to movie adaptation so far that i have seen. i got really involved with it and the cg were just hella nice. pyramid head was definitely bad ass and its pretty interesting to read what you guys are saying about the movie...keep this shit going!