PDA

View Full Version : Saved By The Bell.... Are you kidding me?

tiggs
04-19-2006, 08:21 PM
http://www.adultswim.com/williams/news/index.html?http%3A//www.adultswim.com/williams/news/articles/default.html

For those to lazy to click...

Saved By the Bell - Back In Production!
04/19/2006

Adult Swim has done it again! Following hot on the heels of Fox's Family Guy, Saved By The Bell has been pulled from cancellation with an order for 30 all new episodes taking place at Bayside High.

"We were ecstatic when we saw the early numbers on Saved By the Bell on Adult Swim," said Matt Laster, the VP of Turner Entertainment's newly created 80's Reclamation Department. "We knew this had the potential to be big, but we never thought it would be this big. The fans have really shown their support and come out in droves on the adultswim.com website."

According to Laster, the new series is still in development but he did say that almost all of the original cast would be returning, minus "Showgirls" star Elizabeth Berkley. The series will follow the events after Saved By the Bell: The New Class and find Screech as the new principal of Bayside and a retired Mr. Belding as the proprietor of the Max, the hangout that the Saved By the Bell gang frequented. Screech is overwhelmed by the new group of students and puts out a call for help, and soon, all of the old regulars are back at Bayside. Laster would not elaborate on the status of Zack and Kelly's relationship, though the couple were last seen walking down the aisle.

"I've spoken to the crew and they really can't wait to get back together," said Laster. "We think this will be a fun and exciting new direction for Adult Swim and we can't wait to find even more great 80's comedies for Adult Swim."

Discuss....

alexchanman
04-19-2006, 08:26 PM
oh my god, time to commit suicide!!! SHREEEK!!!

DJPimpFlex
04-19-2006, 08:28 PM
no.....this is a stiupid thread....

jessfx
04-19-2006, 08:49 PM
i <3 saved by the bell. so old school. ;o

kensreliableb18b
04-19-2006, 08:57 PM
shut up guys, this is cool. haha!

kurissuS13
04-19-2006, 09:01 PM
the bell is BACK!!! hahahaha...

as much as i loved "the bell", i wonder y the original cast would want to make an entire season of shows. a HS reunion episode i would understand, but a whole season!? most of the cast have gone on to do good things, like Mark Paul Gosselar being on NYPD Blue and Commander-In-Chief, and Mario Lopez went on to... uh... he was engaged to Ali Landry at one point.

Eternal_240Sx
04-19-2006, 09:05 PM
I used to watch it...

But why does it have to be on cartoon network??

unwed_transient
04-19-2006, 09:39 PM
adult swim must be staffed by potheads.
they make unintelligible decisions.

Rogue240sx
04-19-2006, 09:44 PM
adult swim must be staffed by potheads.
they make unintelligible decisions.

unwed_transient FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1111111111111111

A Spec Products
04-19-2006, 10:03 PM
dude mr belding looks mad different from before

his picture is up at a local pizza joint i go to and he looks all old

kelly wasnt even the hottest

it was the lara (lisa?) voorhookies girl

elizabeth berkley was terrible in sHOwgirls, shouldve cast jessica alba instead

forget saved by the bell, bring back SILVER SPOONS

mbmbmb23
04-19-2006, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=

[/QUOTE]

Haha...voorhookies.

Theres no way they are bringing back the show.....Zach is on NYPD Blue or whatever that show is...........way bigger show. All the others cant find work so they have nothing to lose.

Gotta be a hoax.

-m

mbmbmb23
04-19-2006, 10:18 PM
=

Haha...voorhookies.

Theres no way they are bringing back the show.....Zach is on NYPD Blue or whatever that show is...........way bigger show. All the others cant find work so they have nothing to lose.

Gotta be a hoax.

-m

alexchanman
04-19-2006, 10:21 PM
adult swim is actually pretty goood besides this, they just got bleach in the fall.

A Spec Products
04-19-2006, 10:24 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096694/

haha it was lark voorhies

i guess kelly had the 80s hotness but i wasnt feelin it

ill watch it

trsilvias13
04-19-2006, 11:11 PM
someone gotta post when this airs. i want to watch. hehe
i use to watch it right before i go to school when i had to wait for my sister to get ready.

240dreamer
04-19-2006, 11:32 PM
bleh... reruns of flcl would be much better

drift freaq
04-20-2006, 12:25 AM
hey at least they got Eureka 7, Also Ghost in the Shell Standalone complex, FLCL was the bomb, I think the whole "Saved by the Bell" thing is supposed some dumb pothead joke on their part.
Though I have seen Adult Swim put on some very stupid cartoons in the past. Like Brax for instance and Sealab 2021

kurissuS13
04-20-2006, 01:09 AM

forget saved by the bell, bring back SILVER SPOONS

forget silver spoons, bring back CALIFORNIA DREAMS! or even HANG TIME, anthony anderson's big break!

A Spec Products
04-20-2006, 01:30 AM
forget silver spoons, bring back CALIFORNIA DREAMS! or even HANG TIME, anthony anderson's big break!

HANG TIME!

that was the SH*T son!

i used to watch that every saturday! so cheesy but so awesome...

err i mean uh, my little brother used to watch it...yeah...

exitspeed
04-20-2006, 07:59 AM
This is just plain funny.

I think it's a joke though. It has to be...

docrice
04-20-2006, 08:13 AM
All this old shit from when I was a kid is crazy...I finally got digital cable this week, turned through the channels and they're playing old reruns of Nickelodeon game shows from the 90's...I sat and watched Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare and GUTS for a couple hours monday night haha...and saved by the bell is on TBS every morning when I eat my cap'n crunch. Guess I should grow up haha....

ManoNegra
04-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Maybe they'll 'enhance' the show... change the dialogue, twist the characters... hmmm.. that could be very cool.

ONYX S-13
04-20-2006, 11:28 AM
I disliked that show big time, never understood how it got so popular.. And yes, LISA WAS THE HOTTEST ! :D

sncs14
04-20-2006, 11:53 AM
I never did like that fucking show. Only cartoons belong on Cartoon Network, WTF are the people in charge thinking. Thank God for torrents or I would never get to see decent cartoons. CTN ahs been going down hill for a while now.

Gnnr
04-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Yes, only Cartoons belong on Cartoon Network. Geesh! WTF? And this show would better fit the Nick at Night lineup (with Fresh Prince and all) than the Adult Swim lineup. And a lot of the new shows on Adult Swim suck. Its not like when they only had ATHF, Sealab 2021, SpaceGhost, The Brak Show.

They have crap like 12 oz. Mouse, Squidbillies, Minoriteam, Moral Orel, Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos (what a way to kill a joke) just to name a few. Boondocks is funny though.

But, believe it or not they are very aware of what their viewers think, and they know that there's been a backlash for this move. Thats why if you noticed the other day on the bottom of the screen they changed the logo from [adult swim] to [crappy 1980's live action tv show network]. lol. :D

DRavenS13
04-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Dude, tell me you read this on April Fool's day or something.... Everyone on that cast is washed up, the only one doing a half-decent job is Zack, he was on NYPD Blue, and I think he's on that chick-is-the-president show. Screech does stand up comedy, and everyone else is on crack benders now.

Is there really no original ideas to be had anymore? Has television completely fallen into regurgitating old shows??

SimpleSexy180
04-20-2006, 10:35 PM
adult swim FTW.

except for that save by the bell.

Kaji
04-21-2006, 01:02 AM
Now this is just silly. I seriously think they are just trying to throw out as many shows as they can with no regard for quality. Not to say that they don't have some good shows but it almost seems like they are compelled to pad their schedule with the most ridiculous ideas for shows they can think of.

punkz
04-21-2006, 01:26 AM
I sat and watched Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare and GUTS for a couple hours monday night haha.

Wow, I remember watching all those shows as well. I'm feeling old.

I don't get why they're doing this either. I hope it doesn't cause them to bring back other junk from the dead and replace some good stuff they have on.

240dreamer
04-21-2006, 01:39 AM
lol, I went and signed up on the [as] message board. I'm seeing a lot of ranting about it. Thirty minutes of anime air time wasted imo.:down:

sncs14
04-21-2006, 08:46 AM
I miss it, when I was in high school I would come home after work and watch dragon ball, gundam, big o, etc... Back before adult swim. Now there is a little anime Inuyasha and naruto. fuck bobobo. I like boondocks and family guy though.

S14DB
04-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Definite Hoax. CN is owned by Turner. Saved by the Bell started airing on adult swim on the 13th. Then on the 19th it suddenly is such a hit? How many years was the family guy on before the new episodes came out?

Also, it would or should say the network that is producing it. Turner owns all them but, they all operate independently in production. If they came out saying TBS was producing it would be more believable. Fake VP too.