PDA

View Full Version : should i seek some medical attention?

sw20>>s14
04-19-2006, 05:28 PM
last night while i was walking through my hall, my right ear started ringing and just went partially deaf...like sort of muffled, because i can still hear, just not chrisp or clearly...well, it happens occasionally to me; probably once every month and a half and usually goes away after 15 minutes...

but when i woke up today, its still having trouble hearing...so while driving to work, i kinda tested it...blocking each ear trying to listen to the radio...volume or sound dynamic wise its the same, but its weird...hard to describe...feels like something tangible is physically blocking it...like i can feel something around there...as if theres a 3"x1.5" shield blocking a majority of the waves going into my ear...weird...is this normal or should i go to the hospital?

im just scared of those stories you hear about your mom's coworker's son's girlfriend's little brother who had similar problems that he ignored...and now hes fully deaf...or blind...or dead...its usually uber dramatic and teaches you to not be apathetic... :nono:

FaLKoN240
04-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Mmmm that happened to me, it was water behind a wall of earwax. Or. . .you could just go to the doctor.

NemeGuero
04-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Clean your ears you dirty boy! lol

If it persists, get checked. What is it, $10 co-pay?

reefer1114
04-19-2006, 06:19 PM
spiders or little insects could have laid eggs in your ear or something...i suggest you see immediate medical attention. good luck :)

DJPimpFlex
04-19-2006, 06:23 PM
^$10 copay if he has insurance. I would just have to say fuck it cause I dont have medical INS. You have 2 ears......

NemeGuero
04-19-2006, 06:26 PM
He works full time.. he should have med ins.

TurDz
04-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Could be a small insect or something...

I'd see the doctor man. Keep us updated.

m072514
04-19-2006, 06:32 PM
i vote for the doctor.

ranisron
04-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Doctors for the win...

hearing with one ear is nasty IMO.

kouki_s14
04-19-2006, 07:11 PM
i believe only having hearing from one ear makes you lose your ability to sense where sounds are coming from. the difference in the time it takes for sound to reach each ear tells your brain the direction its coming from

theicecreamdan
04-19-2006, 07:44 PM
maybe have someone take a peek into that ear, it might just be something in there, if not then go see a doctor. even without insurance it is cheaper to take care of any problems before they get really far advanced.

If you can afford 2 cars and a bike and a girlfriend I think you can afford to take care of your health, partial hearing loss is not normal for any extended periods of time.

mRclARK1
04-19-2006, 07:59 PM
I went deaf temporarily in my left ear for a few days after an accident. It was really annoying.

When I saw a doctor he told me occasional ringing etc. that doesn't last very long, is usually just irritation from a noise, or a minor injury that will clear itself up. But he said if it lasts for an extended period it could be something that requires treatment; and usually is no big deal if it's treated soon. Go to the doctor; I was deaf for a few days and it sucked, I can't imagine the rest of my life with that.

Hope it's nothing serious.

P.S. If you have subs in a car...keep them turned down; or don't listen very long with them loud. Those things are very unkind to your ears.

S14DB
04-19-2006, 08:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus

OdessaS13
04-19-2006, 08:13 PM
or this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earwig
lol jk

Ricks15
04-19-2006, 08:18 PM
This happens to some people because either they use Q-tip's or they just dont clean there damn ears:goyou: the problem with Q tips is that you are pushing the wax further in to the ear cannal and thats not good at all. All that wax build up is bad and will cause those types of hearing problems so to initally clear this problem they will check you and depending on you're status they will either give you penasillan pills- sorry if I spelled it wrong, Or if you got really good medical insurance they will give you a special funnel and medicine that you insert into you're ear and let it stay there for a few seconds and that will be slowly dissolving all you're ear wax. This problem is quite normal but dont waste time go to th doctor he has the final word on what you need to cure you're health issue.

L1ama
04-19-2006, 08:29 PM
or this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earwig
lol jk
Suka blat, I'm eating man.:cry:

OdessaS13
04-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Suka blat, I'm eating man.
hahhaha lmao, r u russian?

L1ama
04-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Yes I am, but I didn't even understand when some chick said privet (hi) in Russian, I was like WHAAAT, but I understand it pretty well, I been here like 8 years or so, citizen already.

Dousan_PG
04-19-2006, 10:55 PM
if u got insurance definitly go to to a doctor
if u dont have in s urance, still go to a doctor.
probably need a good deep cleaning. my dad had the same problem. its cool. just dont slack. it is your hearing. kinda important. iwouldnt take it for granted.

s13coupedude
04-19-2006, 11:00 PM
I have a friend who has to go once a year to get his ears drained. He says after he gets it done everything is super loud for the 1st day lol.

mRclARK1
04-19-2006, 11:40 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus

I've heard that sometimes people have this so severely that they attempt suicide.

JDMB0iKT
04-20-2006, 12:34 AM
i think that you should go get some medical attention

RiversideS13
04-20-2006, 12:38 AM
you only have two ears, what are you waiting for?

WERDdabuilder
04-20-2006, 01:32 AM
ear picker? if you are viet...you know what im talking about ha.

007jpang
04-20-2006, 01:38 AM
OK Best way to clean ears' safely:

don't use a q tip/ ear picker cause that will just cause damage/ more wax to build up...

instead

pour some hydrogen peroxide ( h2o2) down your ear ... let it sit for a bit... and after that just drain it.

h2o2 can be purchased a walgreens

rainier
04-20-2006, 01:44 AM
my cousin had something like that. i asked my friend and he said take him to my dad. so i took him there and he just cleaned his ear a weird way.

he took this thing that squirts out water, and put some liquid in it, squirted it into his ear and then my cousin had to shake his head for a while while all this nasty SHlT came out of his ear. all gooy and shit.

just go to the doctor and get it checked. might be a bug

S14DB
04-20-2006, 01:51 AM
http://www.ototekloop.com/blueloop.gif
http://www.ototekloop.com/

monkey7
04-20-2006, 04:17 AM
I use these things that look like little spoons.

Or you can make it a group thing and you can clean each others' ears.
hee hee hee

redsuns3838
04-20-2006, 04:23 AM
the spoons are awesome.

HURRY UP and go to a doctor! and post a response to wut it was.
any money its like a fat ball of wax. my friend couldnt hear in 1 ear and got a ear scoop and this lady scooped out like a gigantic ball of wax. like no joke over 2 BBs of wax.

sw20>>s14
04-20-2006, 03:29 PM
^ hahahaha, 2 BBs of wax?? gross...i usually use q-tips...i use one in each ear every night...i guess after all this time, it may have accumulated...you cant ween me from my q-tips...nothing like a good eargasm after every shower...bugs???!!! eggs???!!! *shutters* are those occurences really common? or is it extreme cases? ive been meaning to get it checked...ill make an appointment soon...thanks for all the advice and such...hopefully its not anything serious...i just thought it was kinda odd that its been lasting for two days...ill keep you guys updated for those who care...or wanna know if there were really eggs in my head...

meteorite_flo
04-20-2006, 03:42 PM
there's this wax cleaner shit at walgreens for your ears. my friend bought one there and we were clowning him. now that i think about it, i think i might need it too.

DRavenS13
04-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Yea, they sell kits that look like huge syringes, I know how to drain someone's ear, I've done it a lot... All you do is have someone get the syringe, point the tip just inside your ear and squirt warm water. Make sure you have a tray under your ear, or are standing over a sink. All the crap in your ear will come out.

red240
04-21-2006, 04:36 AM
I have ringing in one ear all the time, 15yrs playing in a band and standing in front of a Marshall stack Doh!!
If you are exposed to loud sound alot your ear will produce more wax than normal, get it checked out

S14DB
04-25-2006, 08:48 PM
mimikaki FTW