PDA

View Full Version : i got rear ended by a cop haha

xka24detx
04-17-2006, 06:01 PM
well not an accident, just a tap, i come to a stop light, and pop into neutral and let my foot off the brake and i guess he thought it was go, so i feel the car move forward and catch the brakes before i hit the guy in front of me, and i look in my mirror and his car is like bouncing from i guess him catching his brakes, so as we start going, he pulls next to me and bleeps his siren for a second and yells into his like incar megaphone thing and says "sorry about that" and now my rear bumper has a clean mark where he rubbed the dust off it
:fruit:

ThatGuy
04-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Hahahaha. Nice of him to appologize.

Andrew Bohan
04-17-2006, 06:05 PM
wow i would so report that. way for him to flee the scene of an accident...

ThatGuy
04-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Well since neither of them pulled over, it's both of their faults for "Leaving the scene..". I doubt it would hold up in court.

mRclARK1
04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

At least there's no damage right?

RiversideS13
04-17-2006, 06:26 PM
lol maybe he was running your plated and did not pay attention to your movement

L1ama
04-17-2006, 06:43 PM
I never knew cops weren't perfect, damn.

*NismoS13*
04-17-2006, 06:44 PM
I never knew cops weren't perfect, damn.

Hahaha....

Cops are people, too :)

theicecreamdan
04-17-2006, 07:32 PM
wow, a cop "complaint" thread that doesnt end up in 80 people saying that all cops are douchebags that can't do there job. YAY! for being overit so easily. I applaud you.

xka24detx
04-17-2006, 07:50 PM
wow, a cop "complaint" thread that doesnt end up in 80 people saying that all cops are douchebags that can't do there job. YAY! for being overit so easily. I applaud you.
i wasnt complaining, just sharing a story that i found kinda funny

Dousan_PG
04-17-2006, 08:00 PM
cool story
good thing u got a stock rear bumper
its stupid ot leave it in neutral and take your foot of the brake, unless you like getting rear ended.

P4rD0nM3
04-17-2006, 08:07 PM
So you guys always step on the brake? I always put it in neautral and ebrake it...

Dousan_PG
04-17-2006, 08:09 PM
i always do
the brake light is to let other see you are stopped
if ur off, sure you might not be moving but a bad driver wont be paying attention to that, or like that officer, wont realize it. its subconsious. when you see lit up brake lights you know they are stopped/slowing down. makes you pay more attention

theicecreamdan
04-17-2006, 08:12 PM
i wasnt complaining, just sharing a story that i found kinda funny

complaint may have been the wrong word... cop thread that doesnt contain hate and anger = good.

lucky7
04-17-2006, 08:47 PM
i always sit at a light in neutral if i can. i hate keeping my foot on the brake.

blackflag_Rms13
04-17-2006, 11:27 PM
All cops are douchebags and can't do their jobs..

Nah just playin'. It's nice that the cop apologized, because in my area the bad stereotype of cops would prevail and probably end in me/you getting a ticket.

Nuetral+Ebrake is preferred for me but usually I sit on the brake, because it's not too much of an inconvience.

drift freaq
04-17-2006, 11:47 PM
I like how he apologized over the loudspeaker. hahahhahha

Ricks15
04-17-2006, 11:59 PM
File a lawsuit against the cop, who knows you might get a few bucks for what happened.

L1ama
04-18-2006, 12:13 AM
In New York City, it might be just me, but so far every single cop I talked to were really nice, but there was this once he was staring at me when I was passing him, he pulled someone over, looking at me, when I see a cop I always say whats up, or talk about like driving laws and crap, they always help me, but I don't like the ones that chase me for no reason on foot that is, they are fucking fast, damn.

ranisron
04-18-2006, 12:28 AM
I have no problems with city cops, however the University cops (IUPD) tend get over-reacted to a lot of things...

nice story...

S13SilviaGirl
04-18-2006, 01:08 AM
wow i would so report that. way for him to flee the scene of an accident...
Never know when him NOT reporting it can come in handy for him. That cop might just help him out one day...:nono:

007jpang
04-18-2006, 01:13 AM
you should of got the cops number ... so he could get help you out in the future... since you did not care much about the hit

EchoOfSilence
04-18-2006, 01:22 AM
hahahhahaa i just imagined the scene

*smack*
-*bllooOOOOPP*- "Sorry about that *static**click*"

:rofl:
good shit nothing really happened.
Anyway, you're supposed to stay on the brake for this same reason.

BoNyG515
04-18-2006, 01:53 AM
you should of made him pull over and be like. "yeah ur sorry, but imma need dat policy number" haha good sharing your story

NemeGuero
04-18-2006, 03:13 AM
He should get a ticket.

Rkesh88
04-18-2006, 05:09 AM
using the brake is for noobs nuetral is where its at or try to balance it in gear

theicecreamdan
04-18-2006, 07:42 AM
File a lawsuit against the cop, who knows you might get a few bucks for what happened.

The world would be a much better place if it wasn't full of a bunch of people out for "a few bucks"

ranisron
04-18-2006, 08:03 AM
I like using the eBrakes + in Neutral... just in case people would "tap" my rear end

EchoOfSilence
04-18-2006, 11:18 AM
it's not that hard to just hold down a pedal, guys. You guys can get hit; I can't afford that happening.

rokmplutonium
04-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Theres no damage done, no injuries, the case will just be thrown out, and you'll be left with the court fees. Plus you just might piss off that cop.

Andrew Bohan
04-18-2006, 11:26 AM
i do the neutral + ebrake thing if there's no one behind me, but if there is, brake lights are a must. like dousan said.

SiI40sx
04-18-2006, 11:46 AM
hahahhahaa i just imagined the scene

*smack*
-*bllooOOOOPP*- "Sorry about that *static**click*"

:rofl:
good shit nothing really happened.
Anyway, you're supposed to stay on the brake for this same reason.

hahahah funny shit.... i just thought the movie Bubble Boy, where he's trying to get a bus ticket and that guy keeps using the microphone, haha

waynehead05
04-18-2006, 11:59 AM
using the brake is for noobs nuetral is where its at or try to balance it in gear

that creates a crap load of heat and is bad for your clutch.

jessfx
04-18-2006, 12:52 PM
it's not that hard to just hold down a pedal, guys. You guys can get hit; I can't afford that happening.

he has to afford my crackerjack engagement ring. IM KIDDING BTW.

it's good that nothing really happened. i prefer balance clutch/neutral+ebrake if no one's behind me as well. otherwise brake it is for me too. *when i drive echo's car or my big bro's :D* har har

Andrew Bohan
04-18-2006, 01:07 PM
i got rear ended by a cop haha

can you pick the officer who "rear ended" you from this police lineup?
http://www.shockdrifting.com/images/village.JPG

SochBAT
04-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Balancing the clutch is dope. Once at a light, i noticed the car behind me was going pretty fast, and it was a hummer, so i KNEW he wouldn't stop in time unless he used me as a stopper. Quick jolt out of the way, and he hit the Galant in front of me. Damage was bad, but not horrifically bad. HummerGuy will be paying for 100% of the repairs and some hushhush money.

goooo Witnesses!

sncs14
04-18-2006, 06:12 PM
I hate it when people bump me at lights, it's happened twice to me in this car. Some lady bumped my friend's prelude and he made her pay for the whole bumper to be resprayed, and he only had a couple small chips that could have been touched up.
Clutch pedal depressed in gear foot on brake. occasionally i'll ballance the clutch. i never put it in neutral and ebrake it unless i'm parked in a flat area.

blackflag_Rms13
04-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Balancing the clutch is dope. Once at a light, i noticed the car behind me was going pretty fast, and it was a hummer, so i KNEW he wouldn't stop in time unless he used me as a stopper. Quick jolt out of the way, and he hit the Galant in front of me. Damage was bad, but not horrifically bad. HummerGuy will be paying for 100% of the repairs and some hushhush money.

goooo Witnesses!

You got lucky, the same thing happened to me with some asswipe in a minivan. I saw him coming but I was boxed in from both sides. So I sat there waiting for the impending doom, and sure enough I got hit. Totalled my old Toyota truck :cry: The thing was a beast though, had 400k miles on it before it was killed :ughd:

Rogue240sx
04-19-2006, 10:06 PM
reminds me of when I first got my license. I tapped someone at the light by accident and they ripped out of there instantly like he was afraid I was going to start shooting at him or something. That was a relief anyway. Probably didn't even have a license or the car was hot.

HyperTek
04-19-2006, 10:40 PM
ive had an old lady tap my rear bumper before, we pulled over, saw there was no damage so I let her go.. I had stock rear end at the time so no problem..

Depending on who would tap me, id prolly let em go, esp a cop. But now I got aero, so if someone did it, it would be some damage..

blackflag_Rms13
04-19-2006, 11:56 PM
**Immature Moment**

Depending on who would tap me..

:love: :fruit:

Aaah the wonders of taking things out of context... :goyou:

theicecreamdan
04-22-2006, 01:24 AM
ive had an old lady tap my rear .

ooooh me too!!!!!!!!!!

WERDdabuilder
04-22-2006, 01:57 AM
depends if i feel like holding the brake down. but most of the time im in neutral.

if anyone rear ends me..their fault for not paying attention to the street lights.

CaoBoY
04-22-2006, 02:08 AM
depends if i feel like holding the brake down. but most of the time im in neutral.

if anyone rear ends me..their fault for not paying attention to the street lights.
true story...

ive had someone rearend my car, the light had been yelllow and was about to turn red, and he thought i was going to go for the light, i guess he thought he could make it too. well he hit my car instead. probably wouldnt have hit me, but the road was wet since it was raining a little while earlier. yay for brake lockup:bigok: got 1500 bucks out of it, and a crooked center peice.

WERDdabuilder
04-26-2006, 03:06 AM
true story...

ive had someone rearend my car, the light had been yelllow and was about to turn red, and he thought i was going to go for the light, i guess he thought he could make it too. well he hit my car instead. probably wouldnt have hit me, but the road was wet since it was raining a little while earlier. yay for brake lockup:bigok: got 1500 bucks out of it, and a crooked center peice.

5mph rear end = "oh my neck/back hurts"

:bigok:

TUnity2
04-26-2006, 08:01 PM
haha i got rearended by a cop, but it totalled my car.

L1ama
04-26-2006, 08:17 PM
haha i got rearended by a cop, but it totalled my car.
LOL! * off topic * Who got banned I don't get it?:fruit:

CaoBoY
04-27-2006, 12:56 PM
5mph rear end = "oh my neck/back hurts"

:bigok:
no, it was more like 20mph, and i didnt claim any injuries. BUT, they were going to total my car, and i told them no. got 1500 outta it, and turned around and sold the car after 'fixing' the damage myself. BFH works great!