PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had Tuberculosis?

Tenchuu
04-15-2006, 02:48 PM
SO i am about to leave the millitairy, and have been West to Korea, and East to iraq with a buntch of other countires in between. i am doing my last physical to leave and what do i find out?? I have Tuberculosis. Now don't get this confused, i am not hacking and coughting and about to die or anything, but i do have it in remission and i was told that the only wat to get rid of it is to take 1 pill a day for the next nine moths. some ex-mill guys you know if the VA will cover something like that? anyone ever had to go throught this BS before? and it says if i drink while takeing the pills it will cause chemically induced hepititus, witch makes me sober as a saint for the next 9 months i guess.

anyone that knows about this let me in on what's up.

theicecreamdan
04-15-2006, 03:14 PM
is teburculosis a new strain of tuberculosis?
I've never had TB, but I know you have to take pills and shit for a while even if you are exposed to it.

A Spec Products
04-15-2006, 03:18 PM
i think not having TB > drinking alcohol

id pay whatever i have to pay to get rid of TB

i bet its expensive without coverage tho

on a side note, i just watched constant gardener last night, and just got all paranoid about TB

Tenchuu
04-15-2006, 03:23 PM
well even if i can't get uncle sam to foot the bill, it isn't that expensive due to the fact that it is virtually eliminated in the US and the CDC wants tkeep it that way.

dan- I was born without the ability to spell, so you'll just have to deal with me butchering words.

Tenchuu
04-15-2006, 03:27 PM
and i paste:
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly one-third of the world's population is infected with Tuberculosis (TB), which kills almost 2 million people per year. TB causes more deaths than any other infectious agent in the world.

US numbers: 5.1 per 100,000 population

SochBAT
04-15-2006, 03:51 PM
I too have dormant TB.

Its weird, as soon as someone asks, and hear my reply, they step back a few feet. Pretty cool, but weird.

Tenchuu
04-15-2006, 03:56 PM
I too have dormant TB.

Its weird, as soon as someone asks, and hear my reply, they step back a few feet. Pretty cool, but weird.

why don't you get it treated??? this is basically what i have and am going to get treated.

theicecreamdan
04-15-2006, 04:48 PM
he likes having as many chances to infect as many people as possible.

s13coupedude
04-15-2006, 05:07 PM
why don't you get it treated??? this is basically what i have and am going to get treated.

not drinking for 9 months.. I would kill myself.

drift freaq
04-15-2006, 05:10 PM
he likes having as many chances to infect as many people as possible.
hahahhahahha, thats dark but funny.

on a serious not, Tenchuu take care of that shit, and the last thing you want to do is get Hepatitis that is nasty as well. Take the pills don't drink and be happy.
Its worth it for your life and well being.

Tenchuu
04-15-2006, 05:13 PM
not drinking for 9 months.. I would kill myself.

literally, from what i read, left unchecked it will kill you.

mrmephistopheles
04-15-2006, 06:21 PM
hey Ken. I'm in the same condition you're in. I started on the treatment but got off after 3-4months.
I really need to go back and git 'er dun.

HyperTek
04-15-2006, 06:47 PM
dam this shit.. i just had to read this.. i been caughin for a while.. i know ive had a caugh for a long time and had it checked out b4 and they thought i had conjested lungs.. it went away for a while but seems like its back.. fawk id get checked up but i dont have health insurance and paying all these dam auto tickets and im really broke right now.. ugh thanks now im scared.. lol

xtreme_s14
04-15-2006, 06:55 PM
dude.. i work in a hospital where airborne diseases are a plenty, like 240s in the streets! haha just out of curiousity.. did they do a chest x-ray on you to actually prove you have TB? in most cases, the TB skin test will show up positive, however, when it comes to the actual x-ray test, it shows up negative! in other news.. take your pills, live long, and die happy!

Tenchuu
04-15-2006, 07:40 PM
I get to see wednsday if it has and lasting lung/liver damage done already. chest x-ray and bloodwork come back then, but i am offically been diagisnosed due to the skin test and liveing in other countries for a few years.

non2os13
04-15-2006, 11:09 PM
dude.. i work in a hospital where airborne diseases are a plenty, like 240s in the streets! haha just out of curiousity.. did they do a chest x-ray on you to actually prove you have TB? in most cases, the TB skin test will show up positive, however, when it comes to the actual x-ray test, it shows up negative! in other news.. take your pills, live long, and die happy!
no doubt, i work in a nursing home. just because you test positive, doesn't mean you will be affected by it.

SochBAT
04-16-2006, 04:10 AM
Posi = skin test
Posi = DeathRay test.

I guess i never got treated, but am living a content life.

I'm planning on making this the new OutBreak.

I never really looked into gettin treated, as it is dormant, and have not been coughing liek a madman. My immune system is pretty strong. The only people that can really truely get me sick is family, and even then, it must be prolong periods of time that i spend with them, like, a 10+ hr roadtrip or something.

I'm going to mack up on girls and give it to em, so they can remember me as the Monk that Gave TB.

But yea, i should go get treated, just in case.

fliprayzin240sx
04-16-2006, 04:46 AM
I tested positive when i got into the AF. Took the pill for 9 months and its kinda treated. I guess they didnt give the whole spill bout the pills eh? Then again, big surprise...they never tell us shiet. But anyways, if youve been to most asian countries, you more than likely picked it up. I think i got mine from my great grandma in phils. Anyways INH *i think thats wut the pills are called* doesnt necessarily "cure" cancer. You will always have the TB bacteria in your lungs for the rest of your life. All its doing is encasing it in a cocoon to keep it dormant and wont fook you up. So yah, everytime you have to have the skin test, you will always pop positive for it. They tell you that you shouldnt drink cuz INH has a nice side-effect of overworking your liver and making it tender. Putting alcohol in the mix when your liver is already sore will make it worst. Iono, I drank a bit, only thing it did is make mebuzz quicker, downside is that my liver was prolly crying for help.