PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have mild insomnia?

Daniel.
04-13-2006, 04:40 AM
No, it's not all in my head.

I realized that my general health could benefit from better sleeping habits so I decided to try to get to bed earlier every night.

I honestly try to sleep, but I end up lying there for hours.

Even when I am exhausted, I can't seem to fall asleep till at least 3AM on most nights.

Anyone else have this problem?

s14xman
04-13-2006, 05:13 AM
i work graves but when i get home at 9am i useally can't fall asleep till about noon

Sil-Abc
04-13-2006, 05:29 AM
mild uve got to be kidding me. i have extreme insomnia

Var
04-13-2006, 05:47 AM
i think mine's just a fucked up sleep schedule. 4:47am.. I blame it on World of Warcraft

breakindrifts
04-13-2006, 06:23 AM
I also think I have fucked up biological clock. Try to make a habit of solid 8.5 hours of sleep but either I sleep 10+ hours or stay up all night. FUCK

ThatGuy
04-13-2006, 06:24 AM
I only have Insomnia on nights when I can't sleep.

Phlip
04-13-2006, 06:29 AM
one only calls it "insomnia" when they view it as a problem, I have gotten very used to getting 5-7 hours of sleep per night since college. Usually closer to 5, and I am normal, I never get sick.

WilloW
04-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Hell yeah! i've been averaging 4 1/2 hours per night for the last 2 weeks. A combination of crying baby, a 12:30, 2:30, and 430 freight trains passing doesn't help much either.

m072514
04-13-2006, 09:35 AM
im a full time student at a pretty rigorous school, plus i have personal interests... which puts me to bed at about 2am on average. most days, i have to be up for a formation at 7am. sometimes its at 5:30am. it might be insomnia, it might not be, but somehow im not getting enough goddamn sleep!

sncs14
04-13-2006, 10:03 AM
i sleep through evrything, trains, phone, cars, parties, the only things that wake me from my slumber are my dog throwing up on the carpet and that infernal alarm clock.

mRclARK1
04-13-2006, 11:30 AM
I sleep for 3 or 4 hours a night; maybe 5 if I'm tired. Sometimes I don't sleep at all. Been that way since I was a kid, my parents would put me to bed at 11:00 or 12:00 when they went to sleep, and I'd be up by 3:00 at the latest.

It actually kind of sucks...my girlfriend sleeps like 10 hrs. a day, so when I'm bored their isn't even anyone to talk to. And most late night TV is crap.

m0rex
04-13-2006, 11:37 AM
I also think I have fucked up biological clock. Try to make a habit of solid 8.5 hours of sleep but either I sleep 10+ hours or stay up all night. FUCK

Lol. I got the exact same problem. Im trying to go to sleep early but i can't its impossible. Best thing to do is waking up hella early and see if you can stay up till a good sleeping time.

andy31144
04-13-2006, 12:21 PM
I work nights and it really messes up my sleep schdule. I go to work at 9 PM and I got off when ever I am done with what I was doing. Sometimes that's 12 AM and sometimes that's 8 AM. I now pretty much just sleep randomly throughout the day if I get tired.

ManoNegra
04-13-2006, 12:53 PM
i sleep through evrything, trains, phone, cars, parties, the only things that wake me from my slumber are my dog throwing up on the carpet and that infernal alarm clock.

Same here, I've slept through earthquakes and only got out the building 'cause my roommate insisted.
I have an odd biological clock: I don't use alarms, I tell myself when going to bed at what I want to wake and up and I do. Never been late (not on purpose) and I've been like this for years. Doesn't matter how late I went to bed or what I was doing.
As far as not falling asleep, watch what/when you eat. Herbal remedies work wonders for a good night sleep aswell :zzz:

Daniel.
04-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Same here, I've slept through earthquakes and only got out the building 'cause my roommate insisted.
I have an odd biological clock: I don't use alarms, I tell myself when going to bed at what I want to wake and up and I do. Never been late (not on purpose) and I've been like this for years. Doesn't matter how late I went to bed or what I was doing.
As far as not falling asleep, watch what/when you eat. Herbal remedies work wonders for a good night sleep aswell :zzz:

Getting to sleep is the hard part for me, staying asleep is no problem.

I'm a pretty heavy sleeper. I could probably sleep through most natural disasters short of a tornado hitting my apartment.

ALTRNTV
04-13-2006, 01:27 PM

Same here. I've been sleeping at around 2-3am everyday now for the past year. I also wake up around 12pm every day. I try to sleep early, but I can't. Also, whenever I drive for an hour or so, I get sleepy, unlike before. I tend to lose alot of energy. Maybe it's the bed I'm sleeping in...

ranisron
04-13-2006, 01:41 PM
6 hours is good enough for me.

I think it's all about making and following a set schedule...

As far as getting myself into sleep, it take less than 5 minutes, literally... My gf always complains that I fall asleep faster than she does, and plus I snore (not loudly though).

Revolver Ocelot
04-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Basically i get to sleep at about 3am everyday. Not that i want to, my body just cant sleep before that. Then i have to wake up at 6am for work. Insomnia sucks ballz!

ALTRNTV
04-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Basically i get to sleep at about 3am everyday. Not that i want to, my body just cant sleep before that. Then i have to wake up at 6am for work. Insomnia sucks ballz!

If I did that everyday, I'd be falling asleep everytime I'm behind the wheel.

breakindrifts
04-13-2006, 06:39 PM
I dont understand how you guys that only sleep 6 hours a night have enough energy to carry you through the day? Or do you guys just sit around all day?

Usually 8 hours of sleep BARELY carries me to like 11 PM and Im knocked out. I wish I could just get by with like 5 hours and feel good and have energy all day.

Last time I tried that shit I got really sick for a week and lost even more time.

ThatGuy
04-13-2006, 06:45 PM
The only way I get through the day is with LOTS OF CAFFEINE! I go through a 2 litre of Mt. Dew almost every day. Blah blah blah bad for your kidneys, whatever. It keeps me awake and allows me to complete my job, go home, and play with my kids, before spiraling into the abyss of a caffeine crash, falling into a coma for 5-6 hours a night, so I can wake the next day and repeat the procedure. :breath:

AdoriPimp
04-13-2006, 06:46 PM
For the past few months, I don't sleep till 4-6am. I usually see the sun when I sleep. I feel like a vampire

Daniel.
04-14-2006, 05:18 AM
Here I am again, up till 4:20 am.

Took me 6 hours to swap my stock suspension in my new coupe from my old fastback...

sucks when you don't have the right tools, 1 jack, and 2 jackstands. lol ...

Nan Desu Ka?!
04-14-2006, 06:00 AM
here it is, 4:55AM and im awake. 4 days a week i have school from about 11-6pm, get home, work on car/go out/play Silkroad Online (random MMO). do that till about 2ish. then its forums time. i have zilbeer, my own forums to watch over, and my guild foums. not to mention my web comics and email. And gods help me if i want to learn something new. zilvia's search button has kept me up plenty of nights in the past.

I cant remeber having a 'normal' sleep pattern. even when i was going to school and working a full time managerial job i still only got 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night. 6 if i was lucky. during Highschool i would just not sleep for a few days randomly. i guess that qualifies as a little more than "mild" huh?

caffine is a must.

oh and its wierd cuase weekends and such, i have the ability to sleep like 12 hours... weekends and when im with my g/f. i dunno i just pass the fuck out sometimes. I guess it catches up to you after a while. but its like, the next day it just goes back to insomnia-apoluza.

*shrug*im still alive... so i guess its not THAT bad.

xka24detx
04-14-2006, 06:25 AM
5:25am, who's still up? :zzz:

breakindrifts
04-14-2006, 06:42 AM
FUCK! I need to break this habit.

ranisron
04-14-2006, 09:35 AM
had sex then went to bed around 1:30AM. Next thing you know it's 11:00 AM.

OUCH!

No friday classes woot woot!

i8yourfwd
04-14-2006, 10:08 AM
ahha.. oh mann.. i typically can't sleep till it's past 130am.. :P

ManoNegra
04-14-2006, 01:55 PM
College makes weird creatures of us all.
I remember my Junior year, I used to stay up till 4 or 5am, sleep for a few hours, go to morning classes and sleep all afternoon till around 5pm just in time for dinner. Caffeine was a must then, god I hated the withdrawl sympthoms though!

*NismoS13*
04-14-2006, 01:59 PM
I used to have problems falling asleep last year. I even tried taking some medicine for it and it did absolutely nothing.

Finally, I found a technique that worked. I would just work my ass off all day mentally and physically so when I did finally come home at night I would be extremly tired. Falling asleep after a long hard's days work is no longer a problem.

OMGWTFBBQ
04-14-2006, 02:46 PM
resident evil 4 turned me into an insomniac

Var
04-14-2006, 07:02 PM
wait i just realized i sleep late but sometime i sleep for 14 hours straight. so no way i'm an insomniac.

theicecreamdan
04-14-2006, 09:24 PM
I slept wayyy too much last night, got home and crashed around 7:30 and woke up at 6:45 barely in time to get to work 15 minutes late. WOOT

Tenchuu
04-15-2006, 11:18 AM
i could be worse, I am getting into crazy sleep study stuff because i go to sleep, but haven't made it past stage 1 sleep in over 8 months. life really sucks when you can barley put together sentences and can't remember shit

drift freaq
04-15-2006, 11:29 AM
I think the worst is when you go to bed at midnight or 1 a.m. and the next thing you know you wake up at like 4:30 or 5 and you can't get back to sleep. At which point you wind up watch the early news or something wierd on TV for like an hour and then you fall back asleep again just to have to wake up at 8-8:30 to start your day exhausted. Ah caffeine where would I be without it.
Plus, for some reason, I no longer sleep beyond 9 in the morning, no matter what time I go to bed. Even on weekends!! I be lucky if I make till 9:30 A.M.

There is actually a herbal product I found called From Fatigue to Fantastic sleep formula. It fucking works and its all natural. Check your local Whole Foods stores they carry it.

SimpleSexy180
04-15-2006, 11:40 AM
I think the worst is when you go to bed at midnight or 1 a.m. and the next thing you know you wake up at like 4:30 or 5 and you can't get back to sleep. At which point you wind up watch the early news or something wierd on TV for like an hour and then you fall back asleep again just to have to wake up at 8-8:30 to start your day exhausted.

haha i do that most of the time.

and when i wake up i immediately go to the computer and check email,zilvia,myspace,and see if anybody instant messaged me on AIM, then do whatever i have to do the whole day..go out at night..come back and play ffxi or cs until 2 or 3 then sleep and repeat.