PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this issue? SR20

OBEEWON
04-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Ive been reading up on the Speed limiter removal for about 8 months now, and I finnally built up the nerve to cut the yellow wire with the green stripe. .

Now it started up fine seconds before. I backed it into my driveway, disconnected the batt, cut the wire, connected the bat and tried to start it. When I tried to start my car it turned slower than usual for a couple tries then the battery died. I got a jump and it took a while to start but it did. I took it for a drive and the rpm's dropped to about 500 on coast like most people say. I was wondering if this may be why I had trouble starting it? The rpm's couldnt be raised on the start? BTW i didnt disconnect the plug on the tranny yet so I dont know if the limiter is gone yet.

oh yeah its a S13 SR20DET blacktop. I cut the yellow/green wire between the ECU and the plug above the ECU.

s13dan
04-11-2006, 12:33 PM
i thought the wire was pink.. But i have a redtop and i havnt read much on it... i dunno man.

downshift_sideways
04-11-2006, 12:43 PM
did you save enough room to solder the wires back? in case for trouble shooting?

OBEEWON
04-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Yeah. I put the wires back together (twisted temporary). Im waiting on another jump from my friend. This is gay, I want to go faster.

timmybgood
04-11-2006, 02:01 PM
i just put a switch on one of the wires from the speed sensor and ran it into the cabin, so that way when i hit 120 i just flip the switch and keep going.