PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero

Maeda
04-10-2006, 03:51 AM
Crossroads on expert. ;)

For those of you poor souls that do not own, live, eat, sleep, and breath this game, please pick it up and live your fantasy of becomming the guitarist from Nitro(quad guitar solo?).

Anybody else play this to the point of unemployment?

95Blue240sx
04-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Unemployment? Good god man, keep working for your car like the rest of "real" poor souls.

KwKouki
04-10-2006, 09:10 AM
I was more of a drummania/DDR/beatmania type nerd. Never had the chance to play guitar hero. I will give it a shot man.

TheSquidd
04-10-2006, 09:19 AM
I played it at Best Buy and fell in love, I was too embarassed to walk outta there with that huge ass box though. Think I'm gonna get it online.

Dousan_PG
04-10-2006, 11:11 AM
fuck id wear my guitar all over town if i could
but i wont. because i cant play it unless i carry a PS2 as well

john is poor
mutherfucker is doing the "$50 paint job" hahhah
he manages to go to the track selling stuff so buy his used stuff!

oh and this game rules. i have it at home too, sometimes bring it up to Maeda's place, do some of tat battle mode action. yeah its cool. but john requires EXPERT level play, me, im only hard HARD level still....for most songs, EXPERT for some of the easier one..anyways...damn this game is awesome.

SochBAT
04-10-2006, 01:00 PM
VERY awesome.

My buddies were supposed to be writing some huge thesis paper on the ongoing economic downfall or soemthing, but we all got entrapped in playing all night.

I think they're gnna fail.

Maeda
04-10-2006, 01:06 PM
But they're going to rule at life. Well atleast virtual rock stardom life.

bboyt3nsk
04-10-2006, 01:35 PM
thats funny Im listening to CREAM right now

crazyikimasho
04-10-2006, 04:00 PM
mutherfucker is doing the "$50 paint job" hahhah
he manages to go to the track selling stuff so buy his used stuff!

That would be the $50 paint job + the infamous Aaron/s14 splatter paint SPL.

Maaco aint got shit on your splatter paint work.

Irukandji
04-10-2006, 06:58 PM
hahaha yeah this game is awesome. I had to snatch the guitar from a kid at bestbuy because he was hogging it.

OMGWTFBBQ
04-10-2006, 07:08 PM
beatmania is the best

Var
04-10-2006, 08:19 PM
LOL..that games looks soooo cheesy. i watched a couple clips on google video . Maeda -> what artist plays crossroads?

TheSquidd
04-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Where do you get a good price on a dual guitar set? Ebay's got that shit for like 150$, anywhere cheaper?

mjjstang
04-10-2006, 09:41 PM
ahh such a great game, although i really suck at it.

Irukandji
04-10-2006, 09:43 PM
I saw a promo thing going on at Best Buy 3 months ago, $70 for the guitar and game...

It's gone up a bit now.

wickdmarz
04-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Just saw this game the other day at bestbuy...I wanna get it...ahhh

-usmd-180sx
04-11-2006, 12:50 AM
Beat Mania does rule the virtual music world in my book. I was soooooooooo addicted to that game that I lived at golf land for yrs.

Arsenal of Glory
04-11-2006, 03:17 PM
LOL..that games looks soooo cheesy. i watched a couple clips on google video . Maeda -> what artist plays crossroads?

thats what i thought at first until you play this game. There is quite a high level of replay value as each difficulty level plays differently and adds a new depth of "strategizing" Cream does Crossroads.

FYI Red Octane is releasing 5-6 more Guitar Hero parts. Each part as its own genre so you dont have to buy all the games, just pick out what music genre you like. Im hoping for some old thrash metal stuff like Vio-Lence, Sabbat, Kreator, Megadeth :) but it will never happen. I demand an all Iron Maiden version though :D

Maeda
04-11-2006, 03:19 PM
I demand an all Maiden game as well.

Cream does crossroads, although most of it is clapton just ripping.

Arsenal of Glory
04-11-2006, 03:24 PM
I demand an all Maiden game as well.

Cream does crossroads, although most of it is clapton just ripping.

man, wait until you get to Bark At the Moon on Expert. That pissed me off for about a month. oh yea all the songs in the game are cover songs not performed by the actual group ;)

this guy wins for making a life size Flying V and a BC Rich Warlock guitar Hero mod:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/Phrank-E/P3020027.jpg

ManoNegra
04-11-2006, 05:40 PM
I was all eager to type... JIMMY PAGE!!! then realized the thread was about a video game... lol
It's been a while since I've played games... my machines are just sitting there collecting dust... did have a few DDR PS dics with pad at one point...

Dousan_PG
04-11-2006, 05:43 PM
haha we are going to do the same thing w/ a real guitar
gonna hit up the pawn shop soon.

the tiny guitar in guitar hero suuuucks

95Blue240sx
04-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Warlock is tight.

SOLDIER [X]
04-11-2006, 08:56 PM
http://www.redoctane.com/gh-multibundle.html

110 dollars but they are currently out of stock so who knows when they will get in stock again

matlock
04-11-2006, 09:49 PM
All maiden would be soooo sick....I actually play a real guitar and I would like to try this game is it anything like playing a guitar sorry if I sound dumb asking

kurissuS13
04-11-2006, 10:24 PM
I was more of a drummania/DDR/beatmania type nerd. Never had the chance to play guitar hero. I will give it a shot man.

Sweet, a fellow DM nerd! DM > Guitar Hero! hahaha, jk. Guitar Hero is a really cool game. played it at my friends house, his 13 yr old sis rocks his 25 yr old ass. rocked my 22 yr old ass, too. some cool songs on there from some bands that i should give a look into.

u think that flying V mod is crazy? i've heard of ppl buying a $1000+ Yamaha DTX just to play a computer/PS2 game. i wish i had the money to do that...

KwKouki
04-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Sweet, a fellow DM nerd!

:high5: I miss playing DM. Imported the PS2 version........hated the controller.

My cousin just got Guitar Hero for his b-day. I might have to gank it for a few.

Arsenal of Glory
04-11-2006, 11:43 PM
All maiden would be soooo sick....I actually play a real guitar and I would like to try this game is it anything like playing a guitar sorry if I sound dumb asking

doesnt really play like a real guitar. The controller is only so limited but they try to implement some real stuff like hammer on/off, slides, power chords but thats about it. Theres also a tilt sensor in the game to activate "Star Power" a points multiplier. You basically tilt your guitar to do it ;)

When there are two players they both each take a turn playing the solo parts intermittedley. I kind of wish there was solely a rhythm and lead parts, but it works well.

DoriftoSlut
04-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Yea Aaron, we totally need to get a fucking EXPLORER AND convert it! And i'll paint it a nice pearl white! With lightning and shit!

You guys are way ahead of me. I'm still on Hard level, and only at Sharp Dressed Man, none the less. Expert is too much rock for 1 playstation. Medium is snoozetown already. I'm confident I'll progress nicely, b/c of school i've been playing alot less than Dousan and Maeda.

Once they get 'Crew on an expansion pack, I will quit life and become Mick Mars, i swear to Hariguchi (God). Or if they come out with the Bass pack, I'll rip as Nikki, and one of you fools can be Mick. WORD!

gorgasm
04-12-2006, 02:28 AM
so wait. you play a guitar along to the song like ddr? from the looks of the game it looks like its all powerchords. bbbooooring. where are the sweep arpeggios.

Arsenal of Glory
04-12-2006, 03:11 AM
so wait. you play a guitar along to the song like ddr? from the looks of the game it looks like its all powerchords. bbbooooring. where are the sweep arpeggios.

you technically cant do a sweeping arpreggios cause the guitar only has 5 buttons, but the notes are arranged in an arpreggio fashion which would force you to do hammer on/slides. Its not all power chords either. The easier songs are, but when you get to the harder songs theres lots of single note stuff. Hell some songs require to "trem pick" the fast parts since the strum bar will make contact on up and down strokes.

Maeda
04-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Sweet, a fellow DM nerd! DM > Guitar Hero! hahaha, jk. Guitar Hero is a really cool game. played it at my friends house, his 13 yr old sis rocks his 25 yr old ass. rocked my 22 yr old ass, too.

So can I rock her ass? :naughty:

GH rules so much you can 2 hand finger tap some of the harder solos.
Cowboys from hell on expert has got it if you can get to the solo.

How can you tell me SRV is all powerchords with a straight fucking face?

kurissuS13
04-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Sweet, a fellow DM nerd! DM > Guitar Hero! hahaha, jk. Guitar Hero is a really cool game. played it at my friends house, his 13 yr old sis rocks his 25 yr old ass. rocked my 22 yr old ass, too

ewwwwwww........

Maeda
04-13-2006, 09:02 PM
It saddens me to see this thread so low.

Are you people all practicing or something?

Who can play frankenstein on expert?

Arsenal of Glory
04-14-2006, 11:33 AM
It saddens me to see this thread so low.

Are you people all practicing or something?

Who can play frankenstein on expert?

i beat the whole game on expert including the bonus songs ;)
Frankenstein was a tough one

vinhnumber
04-14-2006, 11:46 AM
funnn game, i need a job...lol

TheSquidd
04-14-2006, 12:09 PM
funnn game, i need a job...lol

I found an expense check in my glove box, GUITAR HERO PARTY AT MI CASA!

alchemizt
04-14-2006, 02:24 PM
I found an expense check in my glove box, GUITAR HERO PARTY AT MI CASA!

am i invited ? :D

TheSquidd
04-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Oh fah sho, bring hot wings/beer/soda/foobies.

vinhnumber
04-14-2006, 02:52 PM
drive your car [email protected]@@!!!!! show me your grillz

Arsenal of Glory
04-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Get ready for a rock encore! RedOctane® announced today that Johnny Napalm and friends will begin touring the US again this Fall in the new videogame “Guitar Hero II™”. Picking up where Guitar Hero™ left off, Guitar Hero II arrives with a new track list, new venues and additional play modes – including the ability to transform the original Gibson SG Guitar Hero Controller into a rhythm, lead or bass guitar.

The top-secret sequel song list remains firmly in the rock domain, pulling from a mix of classic rock, ‘hair’ metal, heavy metal, modern rock, and alternative titles. More than 55 songs will be featured in the next installment.

Veteran music videogame developer Harmonix® Music Systems has been busy in-studio, enriching this rockstar experience with more features and multiplayer modes. In addition to the traditional head-to-head competition, Multiplayer Co-op Mode allows players to collaborate in order to beat songs, with each guitarist playing a separate guitar track. Available guitar tracks include lead, rhythm or bass tracks, depending upon the song. The Guitar Hero SG Controller used in the first installment will also be compatible with the new game.

from www.redoctanegames.com
this is awesome!
now if only they implement a "practice" section

TheSquidd
04-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Dude. Guitar Hero , FTW.

Nothing, and I mean nothing beats playing Iron Man. So awesome.

KwKouki
04-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Maeda, I have 2 words for you

FUCK YOU!

I cant stop playing this man. Im having a fucking blast. The best I can do is sedated on expert > .<

devonkyle77
05-28-2007, 10:08 PM
arsenal, i just bought the wireless flying v and yellow button works like half the time, did you have the same problem?

Flipzide
05-28-2007, 10:40 PM
i just got GH2 for the 360 about a week and a half ago and i'm still struggling on the later tiers in expert. either way, i recommend anyone who hasnt picked up this game for the ps2 or 360 yet to buy it asap :).

devonkyle77
05-28-2007, 10:43 PM
yeah dude, it rocks!
i love playing sweet child of mine for some reason

Google
05-29-2007, 07:19 AM
i just got GH2 for the 360 about a week and a half ago and i'm still struggling on the later tiers in expert. either way, i recommend anyone who hasnt picked up this game for the ps2 or 360 yet to buy it asap :).
Hate to ruin this post but I would recommend NOT buying it for 360.

There are some serious defects with the guitar controllers that are currently out on the market and they released a patch to supposedly fix one which started bricking people's 360s :O

I'm waiting... The guitar model numbers are 95055 and I think 95065

Those are basically the only two out right now... But both are defective.

95055 - Bad unresponsive whammy bar
95065 - You have to tilt the guitar completely vertical for star power to engage

I love the game, I love the company, but I'm waiting for them to fix their issues before I buy it again...

Also, not all guitars were experiencing the problem, just a good 80% of them :P

I was really mad when I found out too because I had just beat the game on medium... It took me like... 6 hours lol. I WAS READY FOR HARD! Alas, this a while ago and now I'm just waiting for the new GH model :|

Edit:
Here are some article for reference...
Defective Guitars: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/07/red-octane-says-two-xbox-guitar-models-defective/
Patch killing 360s: http://www.destructoid.com/red-octane-fixes-whammy-bar-ruins-everything-else-30996.phtml

FinalDrive
05-29-2007, 10:43 AM
wow, that's crazy
i'll stick with ps2 for now...doesn't seem worth the risk for the few extra 360 songs

ls180sx
05-29-2007, 12:38 PM
a few extra songs? theres more than a few...
youre able to download every song from the first game as well as tons of others. they claim this game will have one of the largest download libraries for the 360

Google
05-29-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm not trying to dis or anything on the 360 version, it's tons of fun, just like ps2 etc etc except for the defective guitars -.-

I've been waiting such a long time to buy guitar hero again but I don't know if red octane is ever going to release a new version of the guitars... It saddens me... I think I might go back to BB and just buy forza2 with the money that I got from returning it O.o

Edit: Also on the songs thing, it's almost cheaper to go buy a ps2 and guitar hero 1 one rather than download the songs... I think the total comes to around 120 dollars... Maybe 100 since it's 2 bucks a song / 6 dollars a pack of 3 :|
Technically it's worth it considering what goes in, but come on, that's still fucking expensive as shit... I know a lot of people are boycotting them, lol.

Buffalo Daughter
05-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Anyone playing guitar heros 2? Loving Jordan and Trogdor!! also the light the blinds is also a favorite along with Freebird. Got many others but i always practice these songs stuck on hard. Soooo who's gonna start flashing some guitar pics?

FinalDrive
05-29-2007, 11:29 PM
I hate Jordan...one of two songs that i can't beat on expert. When it starts raining random notes it pisses me off

The most fun I have is playing Laid to Rest. I also like Thunderhorse since Metalocalypse is fucking rad

Buffalo Daughter
05-30-2007, 01:00 AM
hell yeah, thunderhorse rules, monkey wrench for sum reason i cant roll the frets fast enough. Anthrax is also dope and the matellica joint.

FinalDrive
05-30-2007, 07:56 AM
there's no Metallica songs on either GH game...
they're still hoping to release a game of their own and won't give permission to use their songs

AbsoluteZero
05-30-2007, 03:17 PM
GH2 is effin awesome! I have it for the 360 and haven't had any problems with the guitar.... psychobilly freak out is one of my favorite songs ever! =D

shinhed
05-30-2007, 03:31 PM
I haven't had fun playing a video game in over 10-years until my brother bought this home.

YYZ by RUSH owns me.

drifting_changed_mylife
06-12-2007, 04:31 PM

lmao thats funny u say that cuz they have thunderhorse from metalocolyps u should give it a shot its a pretty awsome game

drifting_changed_mylife
06-12-2007, 04:34 PM
if anyone plays bucketheads "jordon" on expert i will bow down at ur feet!

!Zar!
06-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Lol year old quotes.