PDA

View Full Version : GM and Ford make the "sellout" official

kognition
04-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Article excerpt: "Carmakers have flocked to China to set up joint ventures to make vehicles, including Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp."
This article basically tells you that the US and Euro automakers are trying to get
China to level the playing field so they can make cars in China and sell them.
Since Ford and GM have been desparately scrambling to keep their stock holders, they will do ANYTHING. They still think that is the solution (go to China)
while it is likely they still have that Big Car mentality. Fuckin sellout losers. Cant even compete with the likes of US based factories like Nissan.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060408/bs_nm/trade_china_autos_dc_1

sncs14
04-09-2006, 12:13 PM
LOL, buy Japanese automobiles and support American workers:rofl:

m072514
04-09-2006, 06:43 PM
thats ironic!

mjjstang
04-09-2006, 08:27 PM
its not their fault now that this is the only possiblility to compte because people are too cheap to purchase decent cars at a decent price, although it is their fault that in years past they decided to pay hilo drivers 100+grand a year, and give their retirees more money then ill ever make.

Ghettokracker71
04-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Agreed mffstang. But still its somewhat ironic about buying japanese cars and supporting american factories even though some people are still too stupid to know better. I've had a stanger argure with me about where the Nissan Titan was built(he said 'japan')

kognition
04-12-2006, 12:56 AM
I have to give props to Nissan for putting factories here. Keeps more money in the US econony, unlike manufacturing in China.
I bought a new truck about 7 years ago, it was a GM and it was produced in Canada with the electrical harness made in Mexico.

Big change going on right now, but as they say, with change comes opportunity.
To put factories in China is to INVEST in China, and not in the US. I guess it's those UAW Unions the screwed alot of it up with those crazy retirement plans they negotiated. Does anyone have any better insight on this thing with GM and Ford with all the layoffs etc?

BOROSUN
04-12-2006, 01:10 AM
also hyundai, they even have their own track for testing.

sncs14
04-12-2006, 06:26 AM
there is a Tundra transmission factory in here in Raleigh. the school i went to had a field trip there a few years back, but i had to work that day:duh: