PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have the fedex curse?

OMGWTFBBQ
04-06-2006, 02:44 PM
I swear, every time I get something and its handeled by fedex, something goes wrong. My wheels were taken to the wrong house, delivery refused they were sent back to the sender. They've lost 2 of my packages, and have been late on delivery at least twice. Then today, somehow my package which started out in so-cal, ended up in Dallas/Fort Worth area, even though the other box from the same sender made it here yesterday without leaving the state.
Just more waiting so its not that big a deal, but this shit always happens to me..

anyone else know what im talking about?

-usmd-180sx
04-06-2006, 02:53 PM
nope. Imma UPS guy. What can brown do for you?

wootwoot
04-06-2006, 03:22 PM
I have had absolutely amazing experiences with FedEX and UPS has butchered shit for me. I think they are both good companies but its the luck of the draw, shit gets fucked up between both of em

Andrew Bohan
04-06-2006, 03:33 PM
ups and fedex have always brought me everything as expected.

dhl on the other hand... misdelivered my laptop and didn't nkow where it was. what bothers me more is that someone signed for it...straight up dishonesty right thurr. they eventually got it back though. 5 days later.

-usmd-180sx
04-06-2006, 03:39 PM
the only thing that pisses me off about both companies are that no matter how expensive or inexpensive the item that is being delivered is, they dont do the signitures anymore.

I had a Digi cam delivered to my house a couple of weeks ago, and took the day off from work just to receive it. So I am waiting by the front door like a fucken dog waitin for its owner to return from work.

I hear and see the truck pull up, and wait by the door for the guy to ring the door bell. He comes up, rings the door bell like 5 times rapidly, (like a doorbell ditch) and then drops the package on the ground and jets to his truck. I understand that these ppl are busy and gotta do their shit before their shift ends, but damn! that shit pissed me off

Thank goodness I dont live in Union City anymore, but its the principle! I was disappointed to the point where I wanted to call UPS and say, where the fuck is my package! But I dont like doing shaddy business, as long as my camera was in good condition and in one piece.

OMGWTFBBQ
04-06-2006, 03:39 PM
dhl sucked the one time i dealt with them

I think its just me, I have terrible luck with fedex..

Irukandji
04-06-2006, 03:43 PM
DHL has been really reliable to me.

Fedex on the other hand... licks ass...

DriftKouki
04-06-2006, 04:44 PM
nope. Imma UPS guy. What can brown do for you? I always use UPS and they always come through. :rawk:

SpeedMonkeyInc
04-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Strange how much it differs. I have a horrible time with UPS both shipping and reciving. FedEx is always great.
Only one DHL delivery, and it was fine.

punkz
04-06-2006, 05:03 PM
I've used both FedEx and UPS and all around haven't had a single problem with either *goes fast to knock on wood*

drew935
04-06-2006, 05:06 PM
I've had only one bad incident with UPS. This happened in Feb. I just found out that the package was delivered but I think that someone may have taken it from the front door>? I hope not since I'll have to replace the items I sent. I'm waiting to find out. :x:
:w00t: FedEx is good with me.

Yuri
04-06-2006, 05:07 PM
I had ordered taillights. UPS shipped them to the wrong address and just dropped them off. Thankfully the ppl living there sent them back.
UPS then promptly shipped them to the exact same wrong address, and I assume the ppl there threw them away after the second time.:mad: :down:

TheTimanator
04-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Everytime I've had stuff delivered to the house I miss the delivery and most of the businesses I order from require a signature....so i have everything shipped to the shop I work at. My boss loves it when all these car parts show up and I'm out of town :)

My only bad experience with shipping is DHL..... My coilovers came in the back of a pickup truck, in the rain, with the box totally destroyed. Some of the parts were rolling around in the back of of the truck! but nothing (that I know of) was missing or damaged.

BTW: I deal with fed-ex and UPS about everyday shipping and recieving stuff for my work. We've never had any problems with them that I can remember.

Andrew Bohan
04-06-2006, 05:34 PM
one time i was driving to sac on 5, and i saw a fedex truck on the other side of the freeway with 3 guys lookin under the hood and 4 more guys unloading the contents of that truck in to 3 fedex vans. seems like they were in a hurry keep on schedule. so that's good.

40daws
04-06-2006, 06:23 PM
nothing but love for UPS....FedEx another story.Ordered some some wheels that required a signature. Wheels got to town,i call FedEx and tell them no one's at home,can I pick them up ?Sure they say.Picked them up.No problem. next shipment of coilovers etc..same signature requried.Call them up and ask can i pick up ? No they say. I give them the other trac number to show it was done before and they said whoever did that broke company policy ??? 6 days later I guess the guy got tired of lugging my shit on and off his truck so he just left it at the door step. No signature.No note.Nothing.

exitspeed
04-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Must be a regonal thing. I have nothing but problems with UPS and nothing but good experiences with FedEX. I here the same thing from people around here.

WilloW
04-06-2006, 08:14 PM
nope. Imma UPS guy. What can brown do for you?
What can brown do for you aksed? They would crush the package eventhough it clearly lableled "FRAGILE", loose packages, sent packages to the wrong address. Bunch of morons.

ALTRNTV
04-06-2006, 08:19 PM
I use USPS. :w00t:

TougeNinja
04-06-2006, 10:28 PM
yea i just got a shipment from fedex... 2 of my rims showed up.... the other 2 are in port angles......... wtf

Andrew Bohan
04-06-2006, 10:55 PM
yay port angeles!
http://www.espritconf.com/images/PaWaAerial.jpg

Agamemnon
04-07-2006, 01:31 AM
FedEx "misplaced" my blitz catback for a week. When they finally delivered it, they didnt even knock and left it leaning on my door. When I opened the door, the damn box fell staight into my junk!

OMGWTFBBQ
04-07-2006, 01:39 AM
^^^
haha, awesome story

update :
package left dallas for hayward at 4am, thursday morning
thats all they can tell me
could have fucking walked to dallas and picked it up

AdoriPimp
04-07-2006, 06:25 AM
UPS screwed me over! They packed up some stuff after I left, and ended up broken because they wanted to fit it in a smaller box! But thats just the cheap ass local UPS owner.

S14DB
04-07-2006, 06:44 AM
You must be on 'The List'

exitspeed
04-07-2006, 01:16 PM
FedEx "misplaced" my blitz catback for a week. When they finally delivered it, they didnt even knock and left it leaning on my door. When I opened the door, the damn box fell staight into my junk!

Asshole... I just read that at my cubicle and laughed loud as hell:duh: :Owned:

That shit is funny.:D

OMGWTFBBQ
04-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Update 2 :
They have to fucking drive it from Dallas to Berkeley ca
I get to wait till the fucking 12th now. A week after it was supposed to get here...

:fawk2::fawk2::fawk2::fawk2::fawk2:
FUCK YOU FEDEX
:fawk2::fawk2::fawk2::fawk2::fawk2:

Edit : heres a copy of the email I wrote to them

way to go assholes. My shipment got sent out to Dallas to 'avoid a storm'. Strange, because the other package sent out at literally the same time from the same place made it to my house on time, I guess it was one tough box to live through that epic battle of wind, rain, sleet and snow. Now you guys are telling me it wont be here till Wednsday of next week, one week later than it was supposed to get here. You guys have a long way to go in terms of being a legitimate shipping company. I paid $50 for you to drive a box to my house and you blew it.
I dont expect a respone, Im sure this will get "lost in the system" but hopefully you guys will see how much you suck. UPS owns you.
Later
Chase

SpeedMonkeyInc
04-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Two boxes enter the epic battle of FedEx vs. Storm..... only one makes it out. Read the harrowing tale of box survival!

El Nino 1
FedEx 0
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/97/pics/97delnino.jpg

aznpoopy
04-07-2006, 03:07 PM
i've worked in UPS before... the way shit gets handled is the same in all shipping companies. cram as much shit into a truck as possible as quick as possible. some of us try to care about some of the packages, but even i got cranky after 3.5 hours working when the temperature in the trailer is like 95 degrees.

in other words... pack those packages tight. shouldn't be anything floating around. and the boxes better be strong.

SimpleSexy180
04-07-2006, 03:31 PM
i have better experiences with fedex than ups. all depends on area i guess..

floodshark
04-07-2006, 04:42 PM
I like UPS but I'm getting sick of the delivery in my area. Between my dad and I we've had 5 packages from UPS come in the past month. All 5 of them came on different days and all were after 8:20pm, one even didnt make to us till 9pm. To top it off, the UPS guy quietly leaves the package on the doorstep, doesnt knock or ring the bell or anything and sneaks off, like he knows he's late and is trying to get away with it. I found one of my packages at 7:30am the next day when I was leaving for work, nice and wet with dew because it just sat on the porch over night.
That guy must be racking up some serious overtime with his late night deliveries and I'm sure thats why he's the slowest delivery man on earth.

aznpoopy
04-07-2006, 06:22 PM
if anything, UPS is probably giving him a delivery schedule impossible to fill within the time alotted.

fromxtor
04-07-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm right with ya there buddy, USPS,Fedex,DHL right to my door np. UPS is another story the're the only ppl that can F up and address in this small ass town.

koukidough
04-08-2006, 02:47 AM
fedex works great for me everytime

dct223
04-08-2006, 11:16 PM
damn man.. hella bad luck... i think it depends on location... or maybe they just dont like you haha...

i know UPS didnt like me at my old house, similar shit happened to me with my packages sent by UPS...

Sil-Abc
04-09-2006, 07:55 AM
man i kno art and i have hella bad luck with fedex. i complained to them so many times and i still havent received a single reply. i wrote a letter and i want to get the presidents number so i call his ass and bitch his ass out

Ritz S14
04-11-2006, 04:33 PM
ONCE AGAIN FEDEX LICKS MONKEY BALLS!!!!!!!!!

Apr 11, 2006 12:25 PM
Delivery exception
SAN LEANDRO, CA
Customer not available or business closed
3:31 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
SAN LEANDRO, CA
Apr 10, 2006 6:11 PM
At local FedEx facility
SAN LEANDRO, CA
4:22 PM
Departed FedEx location
SACRAMENTO, CA
11:52 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
SACRAMENTO, CA
Apr 8, 2006 1:53 AM
Departed FedEx location
BLOOMINGTON, CA
Apr 7, 2006 6:30 PM Arrived at FedEx location BLOOMINGTON, CA
7:20 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx ntario, CA
4:27 PM Picked up BLOOMINGTON, CA

Been at work all F(#*UJKN day. UPS will take a day or two MAX.

ALTRNTV
04-11-2006, 04:35 PM
I just had my Sidekick II shipped 2 days ago. Got here today 2 hours earlier than the estimated time. It was FedEx.

sncs14
04-11-2006, 04:44 PM
fedex has always been on time for me. twice my stuff came a day early from coutresy parts

OMGWTFBBQ
04-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Update:
fedex finally came through with my rails..

drivers truck broke down immediately after
owned

Ritz S14
04-11-2006, 10:40 PM
drivers truck broke down immediately after
owned

karma PWN3D him for not bringing my sh*t today. :bigok: jk

SpeedMonkeyInc
04-12-2006, 01:44 AM
I was supposed to get my turbo back Monday. Still not here today. My car has been parked for more than a month. I can't wait another day damnit!

dct223
04-12-2006, 02:04 AM
LOL MATT... your car always seems to be parked =P

hahahhahaha

jk...

SpeedMonkeyInc
04-12-2006, 09:51 AM
:bash: Stupid KA-T

Just you wait! I WILL return!

Ritz S14
04-12-2006, 12:32 PM
DHL sucks too.. Ordered a USB Card reader..and man.. the box was freakin crushed!! lol

sr240mike
04-12-2006, 07:36 PM
The only gripe I have with Fedex is their insurance. I ship a lot of stuff and 3 times there was severe damage to the box and the contents the were damaged (electronics). They were larger items like a keyboard turntables. They were EXTREMELY well packaged, Box/bubblewrap/another box/bubblewrap. All 3 times they denied the claim due to poor packaging.
I still use Fedex though cause the prices are the lowest, just not for larger items. Also, I swear if you put fragile stickers on the box they will go out of their way to make sure it breaks.

sncs14
04-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Also, I swear if you put fragile stickers on the box they will go out of their way to make sure it breaks.

don't you watch the chocolate milk commercials???